Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

RIP Chreap card for card thread! Thanks to everyone who got involved!!!

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Up for PIF....your choice of these two Goudeys....McCurdy or Walker.....

imageimage
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Well centered "4's" Bobby. BTW ... which card did you take from Nick?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    He's getting Suitcase Seeds.
    Expect the others to come around later. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭
    I'll take that sweet looking McCurdy! My first '33 Goudey..
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
    You got it McAdams!! Are you for real?? Your first 1933 Goudey?? How long have you been in the hobby??? lol (j/k).....
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll take that sweet looking McCurdy! My first '33 Goudey.. >>

Alright man....bring that 93 Finest Maddux Refractor you've been holding!!! imageimage

<< <i>You got it McAdams!! Are you for real?? Your first 1933 Goudey?? How long have you been in the hobby??? lol (j/k)..... >>

I know...I know... I'm mostly focused on 70's, 80's, and 90's master set registries.. I don't dabble much in pre-war stuff. But I like to get 1 card from vintage sets, so this will be my Goudey example. What is the value of the McCurdy, so I can know what to put up next?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Let's try a Bills RC lot. If I had to guess, the '87 Kelly would be a 7/8, and the '70 OJ would be a 2/3 (north south crease on top left). I'll be traveling today and back tomorrow night and can change the lot up then if no one wants these.

Right side up.

imageimage
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • OJ Simpson: That's is a killer card!
    -Aries
    The Zodiac Collection
    My PC: The Zodiac Collection
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OJ Simpson: That's is a killer card! >>

no pun intended ;-)
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just like that the thread went downhill once again. First, we had just said that it should be one card only, yet two are posted. Second of all, the two that are posted are $4 and $2 cards at best. The card you took is ~$25-30 PSA graded card and you offer back up a heavily creased and junk wax non graded football cards(you even posted what the "would grade"). This is not a dump bin for those you no longer want.
  • I have to agree with the statement above mine and say that we just took a nose dive. Both are OC and brutal looking. That Kelly is in no way an 8 - but lets say it was for giggles, its still OC. Lets just save everyone some time here and offer something new? 1 card perhaps just like the rules state.

• Nice looking card image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

<< <i>And just like that the thread went downhill once again. First, we had just said that it should be one card only, yet two are posted. Second of all, the two that are posted are $4 and $2 cards at best. The card you took is ~$25-30 PSA graded card and you offer back up a heavily creased and junk wax non graded football cards(you even posted what the "would grade"). This is not a dump bin for those you no longer want. >>

Maddux- If you read the original post, you'd see that I gave clear instructions that if nobody wanted the lot, I'd put something else back up on Thursday when I got home. That's how this thread works...you post something and either people take it after a day or two or they don't. This isn't a baseball card shop where you come stomp your foot and demand to be shown another card. If you don't like an offering, then just sit back and wait on the next one and keep your mouth shut. I've been doing this for a while and all of my lots have been taken in the past. Now you, with such credentials of 69 posts, don't need to provide advice to me or anyone else about how the thread works. In the future, if you feel the need to critique lots (after all, you've been here for a week or two and everyone cares what you think), please shoot them a PM.

<< <i>Things have changed because some are cheap and try to pawn off 10 $2 cards OR some think that this is the perfect place to dump all there OC cards. The truth of the matter is that most of us are knowledgeable collectors so no one is going to get fooled by cheap offerings. $20 isn't even expensive, just make your 1 card a decent pick and this thread should move along nicely.

I say 1 for 1. If you cant follow that, then you shouldn't participate. Now lets get this going on. I love looking at the offerings when they are genuine. >>

McAdams,

I have been active on the boards ever since I have returned to the hobby and you don't need to spew my stats as they do not dictate my knowledge by any means. I have been watching this thread waiting for something that interests me and I would be sure to offer something of quality in return. I am echoing the sentiments above. The thread has stalled before and we should not have to wait until Thursday when you and everyone else knows that it was junk you were offering up. Don't get mad at me and make personal remarks, that just shows your lack of class.

<< <i>

McAdams,

I have been active on the boards ever since I have returned to the hobby and you don't need to spew my stats as they do not dictate my knowledge by any means. I have been watching this thread waiting for something that interests me and I would be sure to offer something of quality in return. I am echoing the sentiments above. The thread has stalled before and we should not have to wait until Thursday when you and everyone else knows that it was junk you were offering up. Don't get mad at me and make personal remarks, that just shows your lack of class. >>

You keep 'em straight, you keyboard warrior.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Very nice offering Mcadams image
    Its been 2 days- Last call on the Johnny Logan RC. Another card will come in the a.m. if no takers this evening.

Lot 1= Glavine
    Lot 2= Glens Falls minor league Smoltz
    Lot 3= Johnny Logan RC
    Lot 4= Kershaw and Bourn Autos from Allen & Ginter

Looks like a nice choice of cards. There have to be at least a few people who would be interested in one of these choices!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take the auto's. Bourne is one of the members of the new look Tribe ! I have to head out for a bit though, so I will put my offer up some time this afternoon/early evening.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
    ok, I'm going to do what a few have done recently and put up a few options so maybe one will catch someone's eye.

choice 1 - 1984 Donruss rack pack w/ Bench/Yaz and Murphy on front

choice 2 - 1978 Topps unopened wax pack (bought from bbce during group rip)

choice 3 - 2001 Upper Deck Reserve Ichiro rc psa Mint 9 #102/2500

choice 4 - 1978 Topps Eddie Murray rc psa 7 NM

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
  • That 1978 Pack is screaming for me to take it.

I'll get my offer up in a bit...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • I can't believe LodiBrew didn't take the Murphy pack. He must have been trapped under something.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Here's my offering . To keep in line with how things have been going (everybody likes choices), I've picked a bunch that could appeal to a wide variety of PIfers.

Choose one of the following:

1950 Bowman #201 Pete Castiglione PSA 6

1960 Topps #242 Cardinals Team PSA 7

1969 Topps Decals Reggie Jackson PSA 8

1978 Topps #51 Charlie Moore PSA 10

Stan Coveleski HOF signed Reprint Card PSA/DNA

For the non-sports guys, 1959 Three Stooges #84 PSA 7

and lastly, 1965 Leaf What's My Job? Witch Doctor PSA 10

Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
    I'll take the Reggie Jackson Decal.

Will post my offering in about an hour!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll take the Reggie Jackson Decal.

Will post my offering in about an hour! >>

Come on 1988 Donruss boxes!!! image
    OK ... in keeping up with recent offerings, you may choose one of the following: Baseball; Football or Unopened.

BASEBALL

FOOTBALL

UNOPENED
    In response to Jeff's comment above, I will send you FOUR 1988 Donruss Wax Boxes. HOWEVER, you will have to pay for the shipping. The shipping is ONLY if you take the wax boxes.
    THE IMAGE OF THE BOXES WAS TAKEN FROM THE INTERNET.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Good action on this thread today. I logged in to see if someone took my lot and not only is it gone, but so is the next one. We are under a blizzard warning in my area of Colorado so not much sense in going anywhere. Maybe other areas are getting hit hard as well, and more people are online relaxing. Anyway, keep it going, I'm stuck here all day !
    Collecting:
    I'll let this offer stand for ~24 hours ... if no takers then I'll list a new card. I'll try just one and see if that works.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• This whole thread restores (some of) my faith in humanity and people's ability to trust and be trustworthy. someone should write a sociology masters thesis on it.
    OK ... Let's try the Clemente card. You have a choice of Clemente or one of the other original three choices. I am going to be heading to Florida tomorrow morning and returning next Monday. HOPEFULLY someone takes one of these choices today.

ORIGINAL CHOICES

BASEBALL

FOOTBALL

UNOPENED
    In response to Jeff's comment above, I will send you FOUR 1988 Donruss Wax Boxes. HOWEVER, you will have to pay for the shipping. The shipping is ONLY if you take the wax boxes.
    THE IMAGE OF THE BOXES WAS TAKEN FROM THE INTERNET.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    For the love of crappy wax, I'm taking the Donruss boxes.

My offering is a 1981 Topps Walter Payton in PSA 9.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
    Jarrod,

Your 4 wax boxes are packed up and will be delivered to the Post Office in the morning!

Enjoy DA RIP!

EDITED TO ADD: Very nice card you just put up!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jarrod,

Your 4 wax boxes are packed up and will be delivered to the Post Office in the morning!

Enjoy DA RIP! >>

See I knew those boxes were hot. Can't believe they lasted as long as they did. image

Jeff
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I'll take the Payton, will post my offer shortly.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    We are rolling along!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Let's keep with the football theme, choose one of the following:

1. Eddie George autographed Titans mini helmet with Tristar COA

or 2. 1984 Topps football wax pack graded PSA 7

or 3. 2012 Leaf National Convention VIP Robert Griffin III PSA 10

------
    stupid print dots

This thread is en fuego!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    Ill take the 84 pack, post mine in the morning.
    Waiting on confirmation on the 84 Pack.
    Not trying to hold up anything, but I never got my PIF. I have my offering in hand, ready to ship once it arrives.

<< <i>Well centered "4's" Bobby. BTW ... which card did you take from Nick? >>

Bobby, Unless you PM'd Nick, you didn't say which offering you wanted.
    Nick was pmed....
    Choose (1) One of the following lots...

LOT 1

LOT 2

LOT 3

LOT 4 CHOICE OF (ONE) OF THE FOLLOWING JERSEYS

Dexter McCluster Kansas City Chiefs Home Jersey 52 XL $60
    Pierre Garcon Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl Jersey 48 M $60
    Pierre Garcon Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl Jersey 50 L $60
    Pierre Garcon Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl Jersey 52 XL $60
    Darren McFadden Oakland Raiders AFL 50th Legacy 48 MEDIUM $60
    Zach Miller Oakland Raiders Black Home 48 M $60
    Rolando McClain Oakland Raiders AFL Leagacy 50th Jersey 56 XXXL $60
    2011 Stevie Johnson Buffalo Bills White Away Jersey 48 MEDIUM $60
    2011 Stevie Johnson Buffalo Bills White Away Jersey 50 LARGE $60
    John Kuhn Green Bay Packers Home Jersey 54 XXL 2XL $60
    John Kuhn Green Bay Packers Home Jersey 56 XXXL 3XL $60

1961 Oakland Raiders Fred Williamson Throwback Jersey 48 M #24 $100
    1961 Oakland Raiders Fred Williamson Throwback Jersey 50 L #24 $100
    1961 Oakland Raiders Clem Daniels Throwback Jersey 50 L #36 $100
    1961 Oakland Raiders Fred Williamson Throwback Jersey 52 XL #24 $100
    1961 Oakland Raiders Fred Williamson Throwback Jersey 52 XL #24 $100
    1961 Oakland Raiders Clem Daniels Throwback Jersey 52 XL #36 $100

Phil Hughes New York Yankees Jersey 48 M $50
    Michael Pineda Seattle Mariners Jersey Home 48 M $50

LOT 5 CHOICE OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

• NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Bobby PMed me, and this one was my bad. The person who was mailing the card for me thought she was supposed to send it out when the others arrived.

It's being put in today's mail, and I'll PM him tracking info.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.