Home Precious Metals
Options

What PM did you focus on this year?

I guess what I mean to ask is, is there a particular size/oz., style, brand or pour of a precious metal that really spiked your interest this past year to the point that you consider yourself to be a "collector" of them? Kind of like when someone says the first thing they collect when it comes to coins is CC Morgans. That first thing you're looking for when you go to a show.
Please post a picture of whatever interested you (only precious metals please) to the point where you realized you must really like them. Please keep it to what you gathered up just this past year.

For me, it was really any kind of 5 oz'er, what was it for you?
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2011 W $50 AGE uncircs., Medal of Honor gold uncircs./US Army gold uncircs. all from the mint.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    $5 lib or Indians slabbed by ngc or pcgs and quarter oz govt gold.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    My focus this year (and past years) have been silver art bars that were minted in the 1970's. Specific silver art bars that I like collecting are World Wide Mint Coca-Cola art bars, Greathouse Productions art bars, and sports-themed silver art bars that were minted by a private mint called The Mint.

Here is an example of several Coca-Cola silver art bars that I bought this year..........................

A couple of examples of several Greathouse Productions silver art bars that I bought earlier this year on ebay..................

An example of one of the various sports-themed silver art bars that I bought earlier this year on ebay and at various coin shows that I went to this year...............................

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    The main focus was long term stacking of JM and Engelhard. While I did pick up some from other producers, it was only when the price was right.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like ten ounce Pamp bars (gold, of course)
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 oz bullion pucks, Silver Eagle Rolls....PCGS FS 70's $5 Medal of honor proof & unc. .. US Army $5 unc & proof's in OGP. Canadian rolls of Wolf, Bear & Cougars.... rolls of 2011 1 oz Libertads & Kooks. It's been a bussy year.

Ooops...almost forgot ... 25th Anniv. Sets..(PCGS graded of course)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly Silver Eagles and struck 5oz bars, some modern $5. Commems and a few $10. Lib's in P62

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been relatively quiet this year... but past focus was AGE's and ASE's.... with some silver rounds... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly gold, then silver, and a 1 ozer of platinum. Lots of Mint issues.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    I realized that I really like the earlier standing Libertads. From 1982 to 1991 plus 1992-1995 fractionals for the silver and 1981 plus 1991-1994 fractionals for gold.

Haven't purchased much since January with the run up in prices, but in recent months these smaller pieces let me pick up a little here and there while waiting for bigger drops.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sold more gold and silver than I bought, so net balance of ounces negative on both of those, though the total value is higher.

tripled my position in platinum this year, though. the inversion vs. gold cant last forever, imo

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I focused mostly on silver, though added more % gold than in past years. My recent 1.5oz Platinum pickup also helped me get a little more diverse.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Sold palladium, platinum and silver after major run-ups, rotated into gold.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few more ase's would suit me just fine image
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid mint pucks. Lots of 90%. Pandas, kooks, libertads. Fractional gold. All over the place this year basically.
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    Some $50 AGE's, a raw 2009 UHR, some 2010 silver proof sets and the 25th anniv sets. (this is outside of what I added to my commem collection.
  • Options
    Sold several ounces of Au prematurely (I was waiting for at least 60:1 gsr), so I could load up on 25th sets. Other than those I also bought plenty of ms MOH coins. ...Oh, and I nearly completed a set of fractional burnished platinum eagles. Hopefully I pick up the last two plat eagles that I need at the FUN show in a couple weeks image.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    mainly silver bullion 2011 eagles, pandas and maples. Added a few gold eagles.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV