Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2012 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• Options
    Just wanted to rant about an EBay auction I just now saw while looking to see if Heritage was live yet. We all know about these "hot packs" that people sell guaranteeing an auto, relic or whatever are nothing more than someone sealing back a pack that has already been opened although this guy contacted me in the past when I pretty much called him out and told me he does not seal packs. How else can they guarantee an auto? Think about it. Anyway, not only is this person trying to sell you a hot pack but he is also trying to make you believe that there is a possibility at a Pete Rose autograph since that is the photoshopped picture he chose to sell his auction which was originally posted on this thread. Pete Rose can not legally be in this product. He told me he collects base cards only and knows which packs have autographs so he can sell them to cover his cost of buying the box. Do you believe him? I will keep my thoughts to myself.

I wish Ebay would step in and BAN all guaranteed pack auctions. I know EBay will not step in because they are getting paid for these types of auctions and have no incentive to stop it. I guess the only way that these auctions will stop is for people to become better educated about this common practice.

Oh well, just a rant, and now I feel a little better! image

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Walt-

Is blue ink easier to find than red? I thought the red was # and the blue was not. Curious why the blue ink seems more popular. Is it because red has a tendency to fade more than blue? >>

The blue ink used to have a print run of 200 but now topps doesn't announce those numbers. I believe that this lets topps short print some blue inks. The red inks
    go for very good prices on ebay.

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    VERY NICE! Man I love the 03's.
  • Options
    that wall looks amazing!!!

how tough were those 2010 Heritage #56B, #60B, and #61B's?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>that wall looks amazing!!!

how tough were those 2010 Heritage #56B, #60B, and #61B's? >>

not as bad as the SSP's. I have a set if anyone needs them.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>that wall looks amazing!!!

how tough were those 2010 Heritage #56B, #60B, and #61B's? >>

not as bad as the SSP's. I have a set if anyone needs them. >>

What does the set go for?
  • Options
    Mantle sells between 40-50
    Maris 30-40
    Ruth 30-40
  • Options
    They were pretty decent when I got them probably around 30 each. I picked them up early before the hype.

That is a Gordon cutout up there too. And all the 09 ssp's
  • Options
    Brother Jim,

That is one sweet Heritage display! I don't know of anyone that has a better looking one than that!

Thank you for sharing!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Thanks, i need to clean it up and reorganize it a bit. Notice I have added some non-heritage rookie card autos as well (62 perry, brock, 57 brooks, 65 morgan, 67 seaver, 66 palmer, 60 yaz, 56 aparicio, 59 gibby)

FYI, the card obscured by the flash next to the 04 mays and 04 killebrew is the 04 duke snider.

Top cards I've actually pulled myself from packs (Hopefully this gets your blood pumping like it does mine!):

(By the way, NONE of these were pulled during the original issue of the cards...most were pulled years later picking up old boxes on ebay or shows).

2006: Whitey Ford blue ink.

2001:
    Pulled a Nomar blue-ink, but i sold it. I can't remember but i think this one was serial #d to 52:

2003:

2005:

2008 #d to 25:

2004 #d to 25:

2002 #d to 25:

2005 #d to 25:

And maybe my best ever: #d to 25.

This one sits in a fine board member's collection.

• Options
    Wow Jim!

You have my Heritage adrenaline pumping! I really need to rip some Heritage soon! Thanks for sharing!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

I always intended to own one of these... until one day a few months ago I read in the annual Beckett that the pieces of uniform are from random Korean War veterans, not the player on the card. They are still neat cards, but it kind of ruined it for me.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    A little trivia for the newbies. Topps inserted redemption cards for each original 1952 and 1953 card into packs of 2001 and 2002 heritage. They also inserted
    25 original Willie Mays 52 cards that he autographed. To this point I have never seen one!

They also had redemptions for original replica hats in packs of 2001. There was so much content in that product it is crazy.
  • Options
    I was very unlucky to pull a redemption card out of 2002 Topps Heritage. It was for an original 1953 Topps #280 Milt Bolling RC, the last card in the set, valued at $350. Why do I say I was unlucky to pull this? Because I got it from a 2002 Topps Heritage pack I opened in 2009, long after the expiration date. image

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Sweet! I've never pulled a Clubhouse Collection piece. Very nice.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Great pictures and stories, thanks for sharing!

Probably a horrible noob question but here goes... Looking at the checklist I see there are a lot of cards for players who played their first year in the majors last season, does this automatically mean that their cards in 2012 Heritage will be marked as rookie cards? Several of these players probably had their rookie card already in a different product released at the end of last season, so I'm not sure if their 2012 Heritage cards will be considered as rookie cards aswell then although it will be their first appearance in Heritage...

Hope that makes sense, sorry but English is not my mother tongue...

Richard
  • Options
    OK, gang, here is some news about 2012 Topps Heritage. I don't know how it compares to the past but maybe someone here can do an analysis.

Hobby odds:

Chromes - 1:11
    Chrome Refractors - 1:37
    Autographs - 1:289
    Red Autographs - 1:738

These are all of the odds I have right now. If anyone has a wrapper, please post it here (hobby/retail). Thanks!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    These are my nice ones from the past years.. I am looking forward to this year's set. Let's hope it's good (I know, I know).

IWTDMBII
  • Options

<< <i>OK, gang, here is some news about 2012 Topps Heritage. I don't know how it compares to the past but maybe someone here can do an analysis.

Hobby odds:

These are all of the odds I have right now. If anyone has a wrapper, please post it here (hobby/retail). Thanks!

Craig from Texas >>

Where did you get this info from? Decent odds on the blue inks!
  • Options
    Just saw on another message board that retail heritage has hit in metro Atlanta at a walmart. Let the games begin!
  • Options

<< <i>OK, gang, here is some news about 2012 Topps Heritage. I don't know how it compares to the past but maybe someone here can do an analysis.

Hobby odds:

Craig from Texas >>

Is this for hobby or retail?
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>Just saw on another message board that retail heritage has hit in metro Atlanta at a walmart. Let the games begin! >>

Just read a post on the Blowout Cards Forum too. Get ready people !!..image

Richard
  • Options
    heading out to two walmarts and targets.

I will not not buy wax this year. I will not buy wax this year. I will not buy wax this year.

ok ready.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>heading out to two walmarts and targets.

I will not not buy wax this year. I will not buy wax this year. I will not buy wax this year.

ok ready. >>

Liar, Liar, Liar. Hey Kev, don't think Wal Mart will let you in, sans pants becuase they burned off....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Those are hobby odds. I got the information from Brent of BrentandBecca fame.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    The best Heritage card I remember actually pulling was a 2008 Minnie Minoso Clubhouse Collection two-color patch card (I can't find the scan). It was odd because I have rarely ever seen a Heritage jersey card that was a patch; I sold it for around $80 at the time.
  • Options
    its out. none here though
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The best Heritage card I remember actually pulling was a 2008 Minnie Minoso Clubhouse Collection two-color patch card (I can't find the scan). It was odd because I have rarely ever seen a Heritage jersey card that was a patch; I sold it for around $80 at the time. >>

was this it?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The best Heritage card I remember actually pulling was a 2008 Minnie Minoso Clubhouse Collection two-color patch card (I can't find the scan). It was odd because I have rarely ever seen a Heritage jersey card that was a patch; I sold it for around $80 at the time. >>

was this it?
    image >>

Looks familiar; do you happen to own it?
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    yes, I do. $80 sounds like the number I paid for it. Completed sales only go to 2010, so I'm not exactly sure. It wasn't long after I bought it that I cooled way down on spending a fortune on Heritage. I haven't regretted the decision.
  • Options

<< <i>yes, I do. $80 sounds like the number I paid for it. Completed sales only go to 2010, so I'm not exactly sure. It wasn't long after I bought it that I cooled way down on spending a fortune on Heritage. I haven't regretted the decision. >>

Small world. I'm glad it found a good home! image
  • Options
    FOUND SOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ripping now
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Yahoo! Let the madness begin...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Walt!!! Where did you find it? Target or Walmart? Please scan us a wrapper of the odds if you don't mind. And that autograph that I'm predicting you pull in the seventh pack!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    GB5HOFGB5HOF Posts: 590
    Singles starting to hit eBay now...what are these blue & red border variations? I hope they are in the retail packs so I don't need to deal with them in the hobby version.
  • Options
    Pretty sure reds are at Targets and blues are at Wal Mart stores. Just a way for Topps to get more money from master set collectors.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Retail packs are now 3.19. Boo
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty sure reds are at Targets and blues are at Wal Mart stores. Just a way for Topps to get more money from master set collectors.

Craig from Texas >>

That was my assumption when I saw them too.
  • Options
    I don't mind paying 20 cents more as long as there is value in the product meaning that it better not be watered down!

Walt, you didn't pass out from a monster hit did you?

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    140 bucks in retail netted me two Jose Reyes jersey
    cards. Yeah me!

Rack packs are also more now. Reds are target exclusives. How
    Fresh an idea.

Got checklists but none of them had autos or chromes
    Listed.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for this year, pre ordered a case from bigT a while back. It will be great to open Heritage again!

<< <i>I was very unlucky to pull a redemption card out of 2002 Topps Heritage. It was for an original 1953 Topps #280 Milt Bolling RC, the last card in the set, valued at $350. Why do I say I was unlucky to pull this? Because I got it from a 2002 Topps Heritage pack I opened in 2009, long after the expiration date. image

Craig from Texas >>

The same thing happened to me with a 2002 or 2003 Hank Aaron redemption Craig. I didn't start on this product 'til 2006 then went back to complete all the years from 2002-2005.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Reyes.....ouch, that stings a little. How's the SP collation? Last time I ripped a blaster case, it was so-so. From the 64 SPs I got, seems like bout 48 were unique.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Anything jump out at you as far as variations are concerned Kev?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    on the red and blue borders, does that mean that the entire set will be done that way or just the one one with red and blue across the bottom? thanks for the help.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Just got tracking info on my case from Blowout, won't be long now!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I pulled 4 checklists and I am still in the dark about what is in this product. Here are the totals from 5 single packs, 8 rack packs and 4 blasters:

2 Reyes GU!!!!!!!!!!!
    7 mini stickers Mauer,C Gonzo,Price,Montero,Castro, Wright, Verlander
    2 Refractors Vogelsong and Torii Hunter
    3 chromes Kemp,Gordon, Romero
    8 target reds
    1 TN
    12 flashbacks
    3 NAP

Most of the flashbacks were in the hanging packs at 2 per. Not too much to get excited about. Anyone know what numbers the SP's are? I guess we can go by
    the codes on the backs to see the SSP's??

meh.
  • Options
    426-500 are the SPs. That is weird that you only got one Then and Now and 12 Flashbacks! Any chance you can scan the wrappers stating odds?

Maybe you have an SSP in there. I hope so! image

Who is going to pull the first autograph? I haven't seen any on EBay as of yet but I did see a Flashback Relic of Ernie Banks.

Craig from Texas

EDIT: I just saw a common auto. Went ahead and placed a bid for $19.99 on it for the heck of it. It's a common but I am sure someone will quickly outbid me.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Someone on Blowout hit a Mays auto (redemption) from a blaster!
    IWTDMBII