Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2012 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭

After going through Brian's listing of 1963 variations,I have heard that a variation existed for #126 Uecker

with him batting left handed. I have never seen one and was wondering if anyone here had ever

seen one. 86nova
  • Options

<< <i>Am I wrong? The 2011 release seems to have been a much higher production run than any other year.

Thoughts? >>

i think 2008 is the highest print run
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Olbermann has a picture of topps heritage on his blog. One sheet worth with a few possible SSPs?
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    41 more days!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Olbermann has a picture of topps heritage on his blog. One sheet worth with a few possible SSPs? >>

link?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I like 'em. Let's hope Topps puts some pride in these this year. Love the close up photos. Can't wait, onlt 6-7 weeks to go!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    and just for fun, what the '06 Heritage Alex Gordan shoulda looked like

• Options
    I have some of last years Heritage Chrome refractors /562. If someones building the set PM me. I have a handful of them.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    That sheet rocks!

Sure hope the final product looks as good. If so, I will be buying a few packages this year.

KO's blog is pretty neat as well. Thanks for the link!

Robert
  • Options
    After picking up two 2012 Topps 1 blasters and two of the $9.99 boxes of the same, I think Topps is having some major issues with their edges and corners again. I sure hope this isn't a reflection of the Heritage cards to come!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Are those the new retail boxes or feeder boxes? Does anyone have a checklist in excel for the 2012 set yet? I wasn't sure if that was floating around somewhere.
  • Options
    The first post on this thread has a checklist for what appears to include everything but the chromes. It was posted in October, so there may be changes.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it is just me.

But, looking at the uncut sheet, it appears too uniform in presentation. It looks as though all of the pictures are spring training photos. Lots of blue sky, but nothing to give you a baseball feel other than the player wearing his cap. Part of the appeal/charm of the mid 60's sets was a decent sprinkling of player photos taken in Yankee or Shea Stadiums with the stadium in the background. It would be nice if there were photos from all of the parks with the stands/scoreboards/etc. as the backdrop.

Just sayin'.
  • Options
    Release date is two weeks away....doesn't seem as much build up as in previous years, is the interest waning? the 63 card design ?
  • Options

<< <i>The first post on this thread has a checklist for what appears to include everything but the chromes. It was posted in October, so there may be changes. >>

Thanks, I was looking for it in a microsoft excel format, wasn't sure if one was floating around yet-
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I love the 63 design myself. Last year's 62 design was actually the first year since 07 that I didn't build the set - it was a great set in 1962 but looked too reminiscent of 87 Topps for me. The 2012 set should be beautiful.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    I like the 1963 Topps design myself. Vivid, bright colors! However, I do have to agree with what was said earlier about the sheet that was shown. I would like to see more backgrounds of stadiums and action shots. It would be cool if Topps was allowed to do something special with Pete Rose. Could you imagine what a red ink red auto of him would go for??? image

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    I may have a sealed hobby case for sale at release if anyone is interested.

Let me know

Joe
  • Options
    topps has been using the same tired photos on heritage for years now, I don't know why we would think they would treat this year any different. This is really a low
    cost product for topps, they spend almost nothing on the GU set which will be about 90% of the big hits you will pull. The auto set is sprinkled with less and less
    recognizable names, and more guys who pitched or hit in one game for their career.

Topps doesn't even care to put all the top stars in the product, leaving out Jeter one year, Pujols the next, watering down the chrome set so much that is isn't even
    fun to put together.

You are right, there used to be tremendous hype regarding heritage, especially on these message boards, but over the years topps has killed heritage with their
    lies and lack of effort. What used to be a great product for 2.99 a pack is now just a money grab for topps.

There is literally no excitement for this product.

Waalt
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Whoa walt.....i do not recall any year where there wasn't a jeter or pujols card in the product.....except for 01 for pujols when he was just an unknown rookie.
  • Options

<< <i>Whoa walt.....i do not recall any year where there wasn't a jeter or pujols card in the product.....except for 01 for pujols when he was just an unknown rookie. >>

I think he was referring to the chromes.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually much more excited about Heritage this year than last year, probably because I like the '63 set so much more than the '62 set. That being said, I'm tapering back my case buying big time this year due to the huge price increase. I think I got my hobby cases last year for $625 each, this year I picked up two cases from blowout for $715 and told myself I would pick up some more if/when they dropped into the $600's, but with two weeks to go they are now at $850 per case from Blowout and Atlanta.
  • Options

<< <i>topps has been using the same tired photos on heritage for years now, I don't know why we would think they would treat this year any different. This is really a low
    cost product for topps, they spend almost nothing on the GU set which will be about 90% of the big hits you will pull. The auto set is sprinkled with less and less
    recognizable names, and more guys who pitched or hit in one game for their career.

Topps doesn't even care to put all the top stars in the product, leaving out Jeter one year, Pujols the next, watering down the chrome set so much that is isn't even
    fun to put together.

You are right, there used to be tremendous hype regarding heritage, especially on these message boards, but over the years topps has killed heritage with their
    lies and lack of effort. What used to be a great product for 2.99 a pack is now just a money grab for topps.

Waalt >>

Sadly Topps did not include Jeter in the 2010 A&G Set.

i wish A&G had more of a following for the non-inserts
  • Options

<< <i>topps has been using the same tired photos on heritage for years now, I don't know why we would think they would treat this year any different. This is really a low

fun to put together.

Waalt >>

Once again Walt, I agree with your assesment. These boards use to be full of trading partners, dozens of them. It just isn't the case anymore. Poor product because of the poor effort. I guess we just keep hoping that "next year" will be the year a project manager at Topps would take interset in producing a great set. There has got to be an auto Rose in this set, got to be, regardless of our hate or love for the bum. Darn, I just want a quality set with great clear photos, sharp corners, and stars of the time auto'ed. Come on Topps!!!!!!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options

<< <i>There has got to be an auto Rose in this set, got to be, regardless of our hate or love for the bum. >>

I don't think he can appear on an officially licensed product.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Funny how Topps' idea of adding more excitment to the product is SSPs, They are ultra cheap and are used for one purpose only, to increase revenues.....

Look for JFK in the stands of the Jeter card....

Also the retail subsets....Mantle, Maris Ruth, blue tint etc....it's not enough to squeeze you for hobby boxes, now you can go chase retail as well...

It seems like the changes are hit and miss. The sixites are my favorite cards, the gimics are fun I guess, but now it's the law of diminsihing returns, and they need to invest that energy into the product, better collation (one set per case would be nice) and quality.

With that.......I wish they would do the same for football
  • Options
    yes I was referring to the chromes but you are right they left the Jeter base card out of ginter, how can you do that? Especially to guys who have collected
    Jeter ginter sets for 4 years. Wouldn't it be nice to put together master sets of heritage chrome cards of one player? If you collect a star player you will have to
    buy some junk later down the road in order to pull that card.

and yes the bonus value are unnumbered SSP's which may or may not be rare and I have had too many dead end redemptions out of heritage to believe that they
    will follow through with those.

It is sad how little trading there is now a days here. Last years ginter killed it for me, the base mini set was impossible to put together and I couldn't find anyone to
    trade me green chromes last year in heritage. I have a 90% complete set just gathering dust, heck I didn't even put my 2011 set in a binder, it just sits in a box.

I will be focusing more on past year goodies, there were plenty of them. Mostly autographs. There are still some of the best heritage collections in the business on these
    boards. If you are looking for something let everyone know. I hope to make some trades here sometime, to old friends and new.

W
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Kevin- if you still need green chromes from last year I've got a ton and need a lot of them, shoot me a pm.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Check out the home page of Beckett. They have already opened a retail box of Heritage. So is it live or does Topps hand them one in advance?

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Can't wait to get this bad boy autographed...

Love the Old School Brotha
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't wait to get this bad boy autographed...

Love the Old School Brotha >>

This should be the first audio relic card. Put in some little speaker with recorded Wash-isms (either from the real RW or the Muser's fake RW will do).
  • Options

It looks like Topps threw us a bone, Matt Moore error

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    Is that going to be considered an error.....SSP style, or just a common uncorrected error?
  • Options

<< <i>Is that going to be considered an error.....SSP style, or just a common uncorrected error? >>

This is the one on the checklist:

191 Liam Hendriks
    Kelvin Herrera
    Matt Moore
    Chris Schwinden RS

So the top card is the SSP.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    Thanks for the info....., so now the product isn't even released yet and super-short prints are being revealed, maybe Topps will release all the variations before any of the regular collectors get a chance to rip open a pack.

Must be the buzz factor.....(early?)
  • Options
    I wish Topps Heritage would do away with the SSP gimmicks. If they are going to do SSPs, give us something of value, like a limited autograph or something. Speaking of autographs, did anyone notice the preview of the red ink Real One autograph of Koufax? There is something different about that card that Heritage has never done before. I'll let you all guess what that is.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    1963 Topps Peel Offs

Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>I wish Topps Heritage would do away with the SSP gimmicks. If they are going to do SSPs, give us something of value, like a limited autograph or something. Speaking of autographs, did anyone notice the preview of the red ink Real One autograph of Koufax? There is something different about that card that Heritage has never done before. I'll let you all guess what that is.

Craig from Texas >>

They are hand numbered to /10, very cool.
    Yogi Berra

• Options
    For some reason the trading here really tailed off big time around 2009. I remember 2006, 2007 and 2008 were terrific. I put basically the whole set together with trades.
  • Options

<< <i>yes I was referring to the chromes but you are right they left the Jeter base card out of ginter, how can you do that? Especially to guys who have collected
    Jeter ginter sets for 4 years. Wouldn't it be nice to put together master sets of heritage chrome cards of one player? If you collect a star player you will have to
    buy some junk later down the road in order to pull that card.

and yes the bonus value are unnumbered SSP's which may or may not be rare and I have had too many dead end redemptions out of heritage to believe that they
    will follow through with those.

It is sad how little trading there is now a days here. Last years ginter killed it for me, the base mini set was impossible to put together and I couldn't find anyone to
    trade me green chromes last year in heritage. I have a 90% complete set just gathering dust, heck I didn't even put my 2011 set in a binder, it just sits in a box.

I will be focusing more on past year goodies, there were plenty of them. Mostly autographs. There are still some of the best heritage collections in the business on these
    boards. If you are looking for something let everyone know. I hope to make some trades here sometime, to old friends and new.

W >>

The tints and the green chromes last year were just insane. I like a set that is difficult to complete because that helps it hold its value, but the idea of putting those tint sets together with Walmart and Target packs and another 100-card chrome set in green was just too much.

• Options
    You guessed right. I assume that just Koufax and maybe a couple other HOF's are numbered to 10 and the rest will be numbered to 63. I am sure Koufax's auto is expensive for Topps to purchase thus limiting the number they are going to make.

Craig from Texas

<< <i>

<< <i>I wish Topps Heritage would do away with the SSP gimmicks. If they are going to do SSPs, give us something of value, like a limited autograph or something. Speaking of autographs, did anyone notice the preview of the red ink Real One autograph of Koufax? There is something different about that card that Heritage has never done before. I'll let you all guess what that is.

Craig from Texas >>

They are hand numbered to /10, very cool. >>

• Options
    The one positive about heritage in the past is that the good autographs haven't been that much short printed. Topps hasn't released the print runs for the blue
    inks in a long time. Early sets it was stated at 200, except for 2002, but the red inks were always equally numbered. I really liked that, if you were lucky enough
    to pull a red ink, you knew that you had an equal chance to pull a big name, but now with the Koufax numbered to just 10, topps is watering it down even
    more. I still need a Koufax heritage auto for my collection.

and you are right the trading hasn't been as furious as it has been in the past, I think collectors are just sick of the product getting worse year after year. Of course
    it doesn't help when topps pulls all the stars out of the chrome set.
  • Options
    You can see the technology changes in the peel-offs.... it looks like they literally used scissors on the Mantle headshot
  • Options

<< <i>wtf??

image >>

That is hilarious. Man someone at Topps hates this guy! ROFL!!!!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options

<< <i>You guessed right. I assume that just Koufax and maybe a couple other HOF's are numbered to 10 and the rest will be numbered to 63. I am sure Koufax's auto is expensive for Topps to purchase thus limiting the number they are going to make.

They are hand numbered to /10, very cool. >>

>>

Damn, I can't seem to pull an auto when they release 200. Why would I think I can pull a 1 of 10! Because I am going to put some positive energy into this s**t, that's why!
    1966-69 Topps EX+