Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The Official 2012 Topps Heritage thread

12 Topps Heritage Baseball (RELEASE DATE: 03/12/2012)

· 1 Autograph or Relic card per Hobby Box.

· 500 Card Base Set featuring Classic 1963 Topps Design.

· 100 Chrome cards #'d to 1963.

· 100 Chrome Refractors #'d to 563.

· 100 Black Bordered Chrome Refractors #'d to 63.

· Baseball Flashbacks 1:12. Topps Stick-On Stickers 1:8. Then and Now 1:15. New Age Performers 1:15.

· Real One Dual Autographs #'d to 25. 1 of 1 1963 Cut Signatures. The JFK Story 63 Mint. The JFK Story Stamp Collection.

· Box Loaders include Advertising Panels and 1963 Topps Originals.

Checklist

Sell Sheet

Early case prices should be around $725-$750

24 packs per box - 12 boxes per case
---------------------------------------------
Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote

Comments

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    oh yeah, it's time to start talking Heritage again. The '63 set is one of my favorite '60s sets - can't wait to see how they did my Dodgers. I love the design of the flashback relics - very cool design.

bhelser, you're the first to bring it up, so if you want, edit the title of the thread to "The Official 2012 Topps Heritage thread".
  • I was surprised to get the email this morning - I wasn't really ready for it....but I can't wait!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Nice! SPs are 1:3 this year!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    I'm calling it early, topps makes this the best set ever and includes a Pete Rose real one autograph!

Waalt
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Wake me up when it's 1967. image
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I really hope they dont make any floating head cards.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    in the halloween spirit I think they should have floating heads.....
  • Some errors from the 1963 Topps set:

#29 1962/1963 Rookie Stars
    #42 Stan Williams - listed as Yankee but LA cap
    #54 1962/1963 Rookie Stars
    #102 Checklist 2 - Red on yellow & White on red
    #113 Don Landrum - actually Ron Santo
    #231 Eli Grba - large photo is Ryne Duren
    #380 Ernie Banks - has minor league stats but never played in minors
    #431 Checklist 6 - White on red & Black on orange
    #454 Art Fowler - card# on white background & card# on orange background
    #483 Jim Owens - wins column has "R"
    #509 Checklist 7 - copyright centered/copyright to right

If I missed any, please feel free to add.
  • mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    #341 Jack Baldschun white slash in inset photo and repair with red mottling

• << <i>I'm calling it early, topps makes this the best set ever and includes a Pete Rose real one autograph!

Waalt >>

Hmmmmmmmm...... like that would ever happen.....

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    A blogger who can't link??

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    The long-awaited 2001 Upper Deck Vintage Series 2!

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm calling it early, topps makes this the best set ever and includes a Pete Rose real one autograph!

Waalt >>

Walt, I got to hand it to you, you have to be one of the most optimistic collectors I know on this product. As always, I'm in, but just hope they get it together for the 65-69 years. That gives them 3 years, hmmm...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
    Oh ya, forgot to ask, any cases (just 1) for sale?
    1966-69 Topps EX+

• << <i>The long-awaited 2001 Upper Deck Vintage Series 2! >>

LOL!

• << <i>A blogger who can't link??

image >>

Thats me.image
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Just missing the little image tags. image
    Sounds like the run of 2012 could be less than previous years, any thoughts?
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    Are they really going to put Ryan Howard's face on the wrappers? He no longer signs for topps and he will most likely be hurt when the season starts?

Waalt

• << <i>Are they really going to put Ryan Howard's face on the wrappers? He no longer signs for topps and he will most likely be hurt when the season starts?

Waalt >>

but he's the best player in baseball!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

• << <i>Sounds like the run of 2012 could be less than previous years, any thoughts? >>

What would make you think this?

Sluggish orders would be the only thing that would keep the print run conservative.
    my target, walmart and card stores have plenty of 2011 heritage left, maybe topps will learn their lesson.
  • Topps will produce whatever they have orders for. It's that simple.

They start acquiring and manufacturing inserts and autographs at the beginning of the production process. When orders are less than expected, they still put in all the inserts and autographs giving the pack buster more "value."

Look at 08 high numbered edition. There are 4-5 autographs per case becuase pre orders were awful. In that product most of the autographs stink so it doesn't much matter but that is what happens when orders don't meet expectations.

Topps can help things along by doing a good job with the autograph and insert checklist like they did with last year's Heritage. I think all of us can agree 2011 Topps Heritage was a step in the right direction and hopefully that momentum continues.

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds like the run of 2012 could be less than previous years, any thoughts? >>

What would make you think this?

Sluggish orders would be the only thing that would keep the print run conservative. >>

Well, I was thinking that since they were seeding more chromes per box, then there would be less boxes (since we do know there will be 1963 of each chrome). This may be a wrong way of looking at it. Another way to say it is, if orders are low then they got to stuff the subsets a little heavier. My local card shop has not placed their order yet, a bit early I guess. When I was in Denver (the past year) I ran into a card shop owner who used to have pretty lively conversations with a friend of his from Topps. They know they have issues with the product line, but it sounded like there wasn't a solid plan to turn things around. I guess I am saying the same thing as your 08 example.

I wish they would clean up the photos on a consistent basis, a lot were nice, but a lot are horrible too, blurry, low in color contrast, etc. I'm a fan of the glossier look. Hell, I have original 60's stuff that looks better than what Topps has produced recently. I have opened dozen of boxes over the last 4-5 years, and am still waiting for that great pull. I never pulled any coins or top tier autos, no double relics, never a red auto, and only 1 of the super SP's. The product is just over produced (at least I think). As Walt indicates, there is still tons of 2011 at his Walmart and Target. Same here in San Antonio. I didn't think 2010 was a big improvement from previous years, but yes a step in the right direction.

1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Agreed- The photos have been terribly washed out the last three years. Nothing has come close to matching the color of the 2003-2005 sets.
  • Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Did they have any look at the new subset of stickers?

It looks like a set that could be put together, not like the stamps.

I will have to go back and look, were these replacing the news flashbacks? (that would be a good thing)

Just checked, looks like the news flashbacks are here to stay.....
    in my area you can also still find many boxes of last years Heritage.....only way I think they are going to sell them is if they do a BOGO sale.....
    I was also surprised at the number of A&G that were also still on the shelves....
    Ya, same here. Just came back from the military exchange. Lots of this and last years blasters: Heritage, A&G, Gypsy, Series 1&2, Chrome, etc. Most of this stuff can also be found at Target and Wal-Mart in San Antonio and Austin. As many retail packs as I have purchased, I never found any of the tint cards. I wonder if they were regional. We don't have K-Marts here but I didn't get any from the gravity boxes at Wal-Mart or Target. Any opinion on Hobby vs. Retail next year?
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ya, same here. Just came back from the military exchange. >>

I never thought about PX/BXs having cards. Is there a problem with pack searchers there as well, or are the collectors way more polite than at Target & Wallyworld?
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Wake me up when it's 1967.

That will be a big year for me also!
    I would say the very few collectors at the BX are very polite. Boxes may be searched but I dont know that for sure.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Putting together the 2012 set as I'm having yet another boy in April. Put together the 07 and 09 sets for my other 2 boys with the help of many of you on here. I look forward to putting this one together.

Thought I'd get a head start on who I could talk to about getting 1-3 boxes. I'll probably piece the rest together to finish the set.

Tim
  • Ok.. Starting to look for cases... I can find some under $680... anyone finding it cheaper yet?
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
    Nope, better lock in the price now before they... (fill in the blank).
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Is anyone here looking for the 3 card panels from past years? I have several to trade and still need quite a few from 2009 Topps Heritage, 2009 Topps Heritage High, 2010 Topps Heritage, and 2011 Topps Heritage. Thanks.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders

• << <i>Ok.. Starting to look for cases... I can find some under $680... anyone finding it cheaper yet? >>

Where are you finding cases at that price?
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting ready to order a case or two as well, any info would be appreciated.

Matt, will work on your panels this weekend, anyone else looking for them and/or have any to trade please let me know. Have a ton, need a bunch.
    Same deal with '11 Green chromes.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    By the way i have nearly a complete set of 08 (lo#) panels, so if anyone is interested there, send me a pm. Can move any or all of them.
    - jp
    I have complete sets from 02,03 and 04 for sale. I also have complete chrome sets from 03 and 2010 if anyone needs them.

Thanks
  • Anyone selling hobby boxes or know of a good preseller/price?

Tim
  • Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any ideas about the crazy variations Topps will throw in this year?

Are thr prior year cards holding their value (ie Santana-Mets etc)?
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    I'm still looking for a 08 Santana-Mets card!

aconte
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have complete sets from 02,03 and 04 for sale. I also have complete chrome sets from 03 and 2010 if anyone needs them.

Thanks[/q}

WRONG FORUM
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    If you don't mind me asking, where have you found these for under 680? Or is the price higer now? Thanks for the help.

Jim

<< <i>Ok.. Starting to look for cases... I can find some under $680... anyone finding it cheaper yet? >>

Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
    I haven't recieved any offers so I guess I will hit up Blowout Cards; not the cheapest but reliable.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    Think I just screwed up, waited too long for the $715 cases from Blowout. Bought on Ebay but have that crappy "ut-oh" feeling...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • 86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Heritage Addicts--

Do any of you have any info. on the chrome set, or a link that I could go to where they would be listed?

I have always enjoyed putting the chromes together up until last year, as IMO, the player selection was

quite poor. Thanks for any help.

Craig in Ohio
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    Am I wrong? The 2011 release seems to have been a much higher production run than any other year.

Thoughts?
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!