Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2012 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Cases are under $500, I guess the pre-sale "bargain" at $750 isn't much of one. Is this the trend?

I wonder if next year it is worth it to wait-

Are minor league heritage inserts going to mirror Archives? Wonder if 2013 Heritage will ?

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cases are under $500, I guess the pre-sale "bargain" at $750 isn't much of one. Is this the trend?

Are minor league heritage inserts going to mirror Archives? Wonder if 2013 Heritage will ? >>

The low price might have less to do with value than demand. Topps has put out some very good products this year. I'm sure dealers are just looking to get rid of
    heritage right now. You just can't compare heritage and their one hit a box to other products with much more. There was plenty of nice stuff in heritage this year
    but collectors have moved on. I don't see 2012 going anywhere but down. 2011 Minor league is less than 50 a box and that has Harper autos in it. Good time
    to buy!

• Options

Just wondering if Topps will step it up for 2013, and trend towards re-vamping the content (sub sets etc)

Two autos and a relic are in the 2012 Minor league box, it would be interesting if that carried over to 2013, to juice it up a bit.

Something to contain the summer dumping. And make you want to jump on the "pre-sale" price.

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ANyone intersted in trading for this?

image >>

I am - what are you looking for?

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Cases are under $500, I guess the pre-sale "bargain" at $750 isn't much of one. Is this the trend?

Are minor league heritage inserts going to mirror Archives? Wonder if 2013 Heritage will ? >>

The low price might have less to do with value than demand. Topps has put out some very good products this year. I'm sure dealers are just looking to get rid of
    heritage right now. You just can't compare heritage and their one hit a box to other products with much more. There was plenty of nice stuff in heritage this year
    but collectors have moved on. I don't see 2012 going anywhere but down. 2011 Minor league is less than 50 a box and that has Harper autos in it. Good time
    to buy! >>

I agree, not sure what page of this thread it was on but someone broke down the numbers but there was alot more of this product produced this year that previous years.
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Still looking for two ad panels:
    Gonzalez/Rookies/Jay
    Holliday/Hernandez/Roberts

I have numerous duplicate panels for trade or will buy the panels. Thanks.
  • Options
    Interesting article I wrote about 2013 Topps Heritage. Would like to hear the experts and their opinions! image

2013 Topps Heritage

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    I really like the idea of the superfractor autographed #1/1. I think Topps is starting to get a little out of control with all the inserts/variations, they should keep it a little more simple, this year's product was way too watered down. I really think they should add combo relic/auto cards of the MVP, CY Young & World Series MVP from 1964 and this season numbered to like 5 or 10. And maybe delay the release closer to opening day, they always seem to miss a few key rookies they could include into the set, like missing Harper & Darvish this season. If they were included demand would have definitely kept Heritage a lot more in demand as it is now, instead of seeing hobby boxes selling for around $50.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I need some insert sets to complete a few master sets.

Let me know if you can help and price.

2004 Topps Heritage insert sets

New Age Performers set
    Then and Now set
    Flashbacks set

The 2007 Topps Heritage insert sets

New Age Performers set
    Then and Now set
    Flashbacks set

The 2008 Topps Heritage insert sets

New Age Performers set
    Then and Now set
    Baseball Flashbacks set
    News Flashbacks set
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Topps should hire you today Craig! Super write up!

Where can I pre-order a box or 2?image

Robert
  • Options
    Blowout cards not has cases for 540 dollars! Boxes are down to 46 per. Great buy if you are looking!

W
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Blowout cards not has cases for 540 dollars! Boxes are down to 46 per. Great buy if you are looking!

W >>

Do you remember what they were selling for at release?
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    Unreal. Any cheaper and they will be selling packs at Dollar Tree.
  • Options

That is an interesting sell sheet, great idea, you could work for Topps.

I agree with Walt, the value should come from the content and odds of the quality cards. I think this why the price is dropping like a rock.

Once you start busting a few boxes....and find that you didn't get anything on the sell sheet, instead you got a couple of swatches and a bunch of news flashbacks, the shine wears off quickly.

All the 1 of 1s and the 1 of 10s are great for the sell sheet hype, and great if you are buying this product instead of lottery tickets.

The rare cards that very few collectors find, and most of which hold there value for six months... so if you do happen to get one you have to get it on ebay before July, to try to make a quick buck.

I would rather have less quantity of BS super rare cards that I don't get and more of selection of quality cards and subsets that you can complete without dumping $1500.

Thought Heritage was the haven for the "old time" collector........now its a lot of flash and no substance.............as reflected in the price drop

Would really like to see Topps rethink this product instead of just adding one more layer of chase cards, especially as we move into the years I collected as a kid.

In my opinion you can save all the "cards you'll never find" for another product.

(Just the standard rant)
  • Options

Actually $40 to $45 per hobby box is close to the right price point.

If it goes to $36, then its fun to open, no expectations and the hits are a cool bonus.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    i wish they would blowout the blisters!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Sad that Heritage has gone down hill the last few years

Shame they didn't up the ante like they did with Ginter this year

maybe next year

• Options

Does anyone know what the avg price for the Image and color swaps are going for?

The color swaps seem to be rarer, but it seems like on ebay, they confuse the two.

Wasn't sure what the Beckett current listing was-

Also looking for card # 439 Aaron Miles.

I'm a causal collector and haven't traded in the past, but I will trade or buy.

I think it may be the only way to start completing these sets
  • Options
    Looking for trades to complete my sets. Have lots of short prints, chromes and inserts to trade. Will trade for either need or equal value (will trade even if I don't need it, just for equal value). Anyone interested send me your want lists, would rather trade and benefit each other than sell.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>Looking for trades to complete my sets. Have lots of short prints, chromes and inserts to trade. Will trade for either need or equal value (will trade even if I don't need it, just for equal value). Anyone interested send me your want lists, would rather trade and benefit each other than sell. >>

Rich,

Get in touch with me after The National and we'll work something out
  • Options

<< <i>Looking for trades to complete my sets. Have lots of short prints, chromes and inserts to trade. Will trade for either need or equal value (will trade even if I don't need it, just for equal value). Anyone interested send me your want lists, would rather trade and benefit each other than sell. >>

I will put together a list of what I have and need and send it over..
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    If anyone needs stuff from this year or any year, let me know via pm or email, i have tons available.

If anyone wants to unload their extras i will buy as well...including base cards too.

Regarding color swaps - where the color on the bottom is swapped with color of inset pic - those will go for $25-50 depending on player (jeter, pujols, posey, longoria are on the high end). they don't come up too often. I still need about 6 of them and they are tough to find. partly because they get mis-listed and confused with "image-swaps" (where the main pic is swapped with inset pic).

I still say this year's set was a great set, well done. Nice variations - some easy (image swaps) some really tough (color swaps and ssp's). They just printed more than the demand, so prices fall. hits, and auto checklist are just as good as any year. 2003 autos were one per 10 boxes, so don't believe the "it used to be great now it sucks" sentiment. If you don't like the truly tough inserts, then ignore them for your set, its easy to do!

I do agree some years in between were worse than others (2009 for example). Try finding a box of 2010 for less than $100 today. its not easy - they are way more short printed than people realize....oops did i just let the cat out of the bag?
  • Options

Yes, I agree. I like Heritage this year a lot, and like the basic make up of the set, just the concept of the inserts that I tend to disagree with, and even at that it only a few of my personal likes and dislikes.

But overall it's the only release I look forward to each year.

My interest runs long into the summer when most everyone else has moved on.

As far as the prices, both the 2010 and the 2009 box prices are over $100, with $2012 at what, $46 (??)

I couldn't imagine laying down a c-note for either of them. Opened would you come close to realizing that price in value?

I also like the basic concept of the High Number set, but without all the inserts ( a nice clean 132 card set like in the eighties, with just trades and rookies), something that you don't have to break the bank to complete.

looking forward to trying to fill in the holes of some of these sets........
  • Options
    Trade list for 2012: ( also have chrome, and subset cards)

Need:

439 Miles

Stickers:

8 Sandoval
    12 Castro
    15 Kemp
    19 Kinsler
    23 Teixeira
    25 Ortiz
    29 Rivera
    36 Utley
    37 Rollins
    42 Verlander
    44 Posey
    46 Montero

Have SP:

426 Francisco
    429 Venters
    432 Joyce
    433 Weeks
    434 Victorino
    440 Sanchez
    441 Goldschmidt
    443 Chavez
    449 Parra
    452 De los Santos
    454 Teheran
    456 Dobbs
    466 Seager
    470 Revere
    472 Soriano
    473 Zambrano
    477 Lee
    478 Oswalt
    480 Gonzalez
    491 Ichiro
    492 Hanrahan
    494 Zimmerman
    497 Weaver

Stickers:

9 Ellsbury
    28 Stanton
    31 Granderson
    43 Shields

I will also go through 2006-11.

• Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Still looking for one last ad panel: Gonzalez/Rookies/Jay. Anyone have a panel for trade oe sale?
  • Options
    Anyone have a lot of Black Border singles available? The Blister Exclusive Inserts?

i can find hobby wax all day long, but not blisters
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sad that Heritage has gone down hill the last few years

Shame they didn't up the ante like they did with Ginter this year

maybe next year >>

Yep...
    Cubby fans and Heritage collectors; maybe next year.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Good morning,

I would like to inquire whether any of the dedicated Topps Heritage collectors on this board might be able to sell or trade me short print card #698 (Gary Sheffield) from the 2009 Topps Heritage High Series. I realize this is a 2012 thread but am trying to reach as many Heritage collectors at one time as possible. Thank you.

Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone have a lot of Black Border singles available? The Blister Exclusive Inserts?

i can find hobby wax all day long, but not blisters >>

I have Mark Ethier (sp?)

Mark Moore RC

AL Home Run Leaders.

The latter are not "black bordered" but are from there series I believe. Does this sound right?
  • Options
    Hey gang!

I decided to sell off a bunch of my 2012 Topps Heritage autographs. Thought you all might want to check them out here:

2012 Topps Heritage AUTOGRAPHS!!!

Thanks!

Craig from Texas
    www.mybaseballcardblog.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone have a lot of Black Border singles available? The Blister Exclusive Inserts?

I have Mark Ethier (sp?)

Mark Moore RC

AL Home Run Leaders.

The latter are not "black bordered" but are from there series I believe. Does this sound right? >>

Yep, that sounds right. the number on the back should start with "HP" do you happen to have the card numbers handy?
  • Options
    Craig

Im offended that you didn't check with us first before going to the bay.....cmon man!

LOL

Waalt
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have Mark Ethier (sp?)

Mark Moore RC

AL Home Run Leaders.

The latter are not "black bordered" but are from there series I believe. Does this sound right? >>

Yep, that sounds right. the number on the back should start with "HP" do you happen to have the card numbers handy? >>

I do as a matter of fact. I actually have 2 Ethier's. I also see I have an Evan Longoria and a few others I can grab. Yes, they have an HP- prefix.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yep, that sounds right. the number on the back should start with "HP" do you happen to have the card numbers handy? >>

These are the ones I have. The top two are chrome, but I dont know if they are part of the same series, but have an HP- prefix

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

These are the ones I have. The top two are chrome, but I dont know if they are part of the same series, but have an HP- prefix

image >>

Yes, the Black Borders parallel the Chrome Set (HP1-HP100).

if you could tell me the Black #'s, i'd appreciate it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

if you could tell me the Black #'s, i'd appreciate it. >>

Longoria #HP28
    Ethier #HP38
    Cabrera #HP22
    Rookie Stars #HP99
    NL HR Leaders #HP93

Chromes are #HP64 and 31 in case you might want to know
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Longoria #HP28
    Ethier #HP38
    Cabrera #HP22
    Rookie Stars #HP99
    NL HR Leaders #HP93

Chromes are #HP64 and 31 in case you might want to know >>

Excellent! i can use all the Black Borders. Are you looking to trade?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Longoria #HP28
    Ethier #HP38
    Cabrera #HP22
    Rookie Stars #HP99
    NL HR Leaders #HP93

Excellent! i can use all the Black Borders. Are you looking to trade? >>

I am not sure what I am looking for. I am either looking to build a Dale Murphy PSA 10 career (i have 0 so far), any unopened wax (any year except 88-92), or 2012 archive autos. Otherwise I can do a straight sell if you want.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Longoria #HP28
    Ethier #HP38
    Cabrera #HP22
    Rookie Stars #HP99
    NL HR Leaders #HP93

I am not sure what I am looking for. I am either looking to build a Dale Murphy PSA 10 career (i have 0 so far), any unopened wax (any year except 88-92), or 2012 archive autos. Otherwise I can do a straight sell if you want. >>

i dont have any Murphys to trade and they arent worth what wax is, so let me know what you'd need for them.
  • Options

<< <i>Longoria #HP28
    Ethier #HP38
    Cabrera #HP22
    Rookie Stars #HP99
    NL HR Leaders #HP93

I am not sure what I am looking for. I am either looking to build a Dale Murphy PSA 10 career (i have 0 so far), any unopened wax (any year except 88-92), or 2012 archive autos. Otherwise I can do a straight sell if you want. >>

i dont have any Murphys to trade and they arent worth what wax is, so let me know what you'd need for them. >>

How does $6 with shipping sound?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Longoria #HP28
    Ethier #HP38
    Cabrera #HP22
    Rookie Stars #HP99
    NL HR Leaders #HP93

i dont have any Murphys to trade and they arent worth what wax is, so let me know what you'd need for them. >>

How does $6 with shipping sound? >>

that sounds fair for the six cards. i'll take it. PM me your paypal address when you get a chance.
  • Options
    Topps will be producing Heritage High.

Offered on their ShopTopps website (similar to Topps minis). This will come only in boxed set form - 100 cards in the set. 1 Autograph per box. No idea on price. Available on October 17th.

Beckett Article
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>I also like the basic concept of the High Number set, but without all the inserts ( a nice clean 132 card set like in the eighties, with just trades and rookies), something that you don't have to break the bank to complete......... >>

Hey.... I think I called for that back in August......cool, hope this concept works

• Options

No pre-order? I don't see it on the website, is it just going to appear October 17th? I thought the mini topps baseball were on the site early, I was expecting the same.

I haven't seen any statement from Topps on this.
  • Options

<< <i>No pre-order? I don't see it on the website, is it just going to appear October 17th? I thought the mini topps baseball were on the site early, I was expecting the same.

I haven't seen any statement from Topps on this. >>

Maybe 10/17 is the pre order date. I just know what I read in the Beckett.com article.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    a tad frustrating that a checklist for the auto's is not even available...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>a tad frustrating that a checklist for the auto's is not even available... >>

why would topps scare off its customers like that? They know people will buy it even if they don't know whats in it. After last years update, you bet this years product will
    be chock full of nobodies! If last years product could get down to 49/box WITH Bryce Harper, how low can this years product get to without Harper?
  • Options
    There was no Heritage High or Update last year. Or for 2010. Are you referring to Topps Heritage Minors?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    yeah minors, might as well of been update. Has update ever been good?
  • Options
    From Beckett's website:

First Look: 2012 Topps Heritage High Number

Posted on October 2, 2012 – 6:00 pm | Author: chrisolds
    Baseball | 2012 Topps Heritage High Number, Bryce Harper, featured, Ichiro Suzuki, New York Yankees, Will Middlebrooks, Yoenis Cespedes, Yu Darvish | Comments (10)

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

If you wanted more Topps Heritage, you’re getting Topps Heritage — and it’s coming in just 15 days.

Topps announced Tuesday that it will release a 100-card 2012 Topps Heritage High Number boxed set exclusively via ShopTopps.com.

The set will include the players who missed the checklist for the early season release — Washington Nationals rookie Bryce Harper for starters — and every set will include one on-card autograph. It also will include another of Ichiro Suzuki‘s first cards as a member of the New York Yankees.

Among the rookies slated to sign for the release include Harper, Oakland’s Yoenis Cespedes, Texas ace Yu Darvish and Boston’s Will Middlebrooks among others.

The release is the second online-only exclusive this year as it released 2012 Topps Mini — a shrunken version of its flagship set — in August.

Heritage High Number will arrive on Oct. 17.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.