Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2012 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• Options
    I'm down to three of the color swap cards: Jeter, Votto, Michael Young. Anyone have one of these for sell?

Justin
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    Then and Now
    TN-MV

Chrome #d to 1963
    2, 3, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 32, 33, 36, 44, 46 47, 48, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 57, 59, 61, 64, 66, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 77, 79, 81, 82, 83, 85, 86, 87, 88, 90, 93, 95, 100

Will buy or trade for these. Please send me a PM if you have anything.
  • Options
    If anyone has the following 2011 Topps Heritage cards, please shoot me a PM. I have lots of Heritage to trade.

#443 Brian McCann
    #TN5 Mickey Mantle / Prince Fielder
    #NAP5 Miguel Cabrera
    #NAP7 Joey Votto
    #NAP8 CC Sabathia
    #NAP9 David Price

I need these to complete another set -- can anyone help me out???

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    If anyone has the following 2011 Topps Heritage cards, please shoot me a PM. I have lots of Heritage to trade.

#443 Brian McCann
    #TN5 Mickey Mantle / Prince Fielder
    #NAP5 Miguel Cabrera
    #NAP7 Joey Votto
    #NAP8 CC Sabathia
    #NAP9 David Price

I need these to complete another set -- can anyone help me out???

Craig from Texas

Craig i will look tonight...
  • Options
    Sorry Craig, i didn't have anything for you.

Good luck.
  • Options
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Sorry Craig, i dont have any extras of those
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Just scored a hobby box at a card show today for $50. Has the demand for this year's set really gone down from previous years? The guy I bought it from just "wanted it gone", I told him it's not like it is a box of 1991 fleer that you will just beg someone to take it off your hands.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Options
    I think that the main reason the demand has gone down is due to the fact that there are much more better pulls coming out of products like Bowman, Gypsy Queen, and Topps Archives. Heritage is a product that was on fire in 2001 and continually over the years it has been watered down. All you have to do is look at the odds for autos and you will have proof:

2001 one in 142 packs
    2002 one in 180 packs
    2003 one in 188 packs
    2004 one in 230 packs
    2005 one in 332 packs
    2006 one in 366 packs
    2007 one in 327 packs
    2008 one in 247 packs
    2009 one in 560 packs
    2010 one in 357 packs
    2011 one in 303 packs
    2012 one in 289 packs

I don't understand why Topps doesn't put more concentration into this product. Yes, I am thankful that they have revived it in the past year or so with additions of the big three (Mays, Koufax, and Aaron) but the odds of us getting one of those is astronomical and does not entice me to want to buy more product. The product that I think provides the best value is 2008 High Numbers. Why? I can find these boxes for $40 or less and the odds of an auto are one in 110 packs. I remember getting a case in 2008 with four autos. Now that was a thrill! Unfortunately for me, when it comes to modern day Heritage, the thrill is gone.

Craig from Texas

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    are those retail or hobby odds?
  • Options
    I definitely agree on that. It seems like in past years even the odds and distribution of the short prints, inserts, chrome, relics and autos were more random, but every hobby box I got I pulled the same odds each time: 8 short prints, 1 relic, 2 stickers, etc... Even in past years I might hit something in a blaster box as well, this year just two "hits" out of the countless packs I have bought. Yes, the allure of the big three is there, but come on, the odds of pulling one of those are impossible. I was originally attracted to this set because of the appeal of the old design, and it's probably the best set to put together and build a master set, but after the years we expect a nice little reward with a nice pull here and there. I bought 3 hobby boxes this year, and my biggest pull from each box were: A David Wright Jersey from box 1, A Matt Holliday Jersey from box 2, and a Evan Longoria bat card from box 3. Is this going to lead me to want to buy more hobby over retail when the draw isn't there? Not really. I have been collecting Heritage since 2002, and I will continue to each year, but the "wow factor" is really gone for me, or as you put it....the thrill is gone. But the thrill (Will Clark) went to Archives this year.
  • Options
    buying wax with "expectations" will lead to heartbreak 99.3% of the time.

open the wax because you like opening wax, not for what "might be"
  • Options
    I do like opening wax for the experience of completing my sets each year, which is why I buy so much, but over the years when you have had a few nice hits, you come to expect it, even if you really shouldn't. I am not expecting to pull a Koufax or a Mays auto, but something a little more than Clubhouse Collection jersey and bat cards as my biggest hits would be nice.
  • Options
    I got those odds off of my hobby packs. I couldn't find my 2005 hobby packs so I used the retail odds but I believe that year they were the same. Which is another reason I prefer older Heritage to modern day Heritage -- the odds were almost identical when it comes to hobby versus retail. I remember around the years 2005-2007 buying up some retail blasters and getting autos and black refractors occasionally. This year, I have probably bought the most I ever had and I have yet to pull an autograph or black refractor. I do not believe the printed odds on the retail packs are even close to reality. For me to open over 1,000 packs and not pull anything decent tells me that something is wrong here.

Craig from Texas

<< <i>are those retail or hobby odds? >>

• Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I have been collecting Heritage since 2002, and I will continue to each year, but the "wow factor" is really gone for me, or as you put it....the thrill is gone. But the thrill (Will Clark) went to Archives this year. >>

I think Topps continues to water it down, because they have a solid demand that is probably pretty consistent year over year. That allows them to use "Flashbacks" (??) as an insert card and juice the other products with more "wow cards".

They know the steady Heritage collector will continue to buy, and also buy "Archives" or Ginter, etc...

They don't have an incentive to increase their costs when the revenue stays the same year over year. They do have an incentive to reduce their costs. Which is to tease the Mays auto on the promo, but not really deliver....Hell I can't even pull a color swap and those literally are no additional cost to Topps.

Wish they would deliver, but it's still the only product I enjoy collecting.
  • Options

A nice trend from Archives that I would like to see, is flip the "relic" / "auto" ratio in each box. A case with 10 autos and 2 relics would be refreshing.

Have the player sign the card rather than give up his jersey.

Would only work if the autos were current players (preferably the relic roster of stars).

Ten autos from players I never heard of (who saw time in 1964) probably wouldn't create any "wow", either.

• Options
    Pretty much what Topps is doing. I mean I have bought around 500+ packs (about the same amount I purchase each year) and I pulled 1 auto, 1 flashback relic, 1 image swap, 5 clubhouse collection relics, and 0 black refractors. Last year given the same amount of packs purchased I pulled 2 autos, 2 flashback relics, 12 green tints, 10 clubhouse collection relics, 3 dual framed stamps, and 1 black refractor. That much of a difference in one year.

Archives is hitting better because they are guaranteeing 2 autos per hobby box, even if the autos are the likes of Jose Oquendo and Shawon Dunston. I'd rather pull a really clean, nice looking on-card auto of one of those players than to pull a jersey card of say Matt Garza or Matt Holliday any day of the week.
  • Options
    In 2005:
    real one autos: retail: 1:332 hobby: 1:333
    black refs: retail: 1:250, hobby: 1:250
    chrome ref: retail: 1:25 hobby 1:25
    Chrome: retail 1:7 hobby 1:7

by the way, 1956 original cut signature were 1:92,490 (hobby only). there were 7: Dwight Eisenhower, Earl Warren, Eddie Rickenbacker, Eleanor Roosevelt, J. Edgar Hoover, Jonas Salk, Richard Nixon. If you've ever seen one, lucky you!

so that means ~647,430 hobby packs.

so ~2590 of the possible (56*110) 6160 black refs were in hobby.
    leaving 3570 black refs in retail.

that means 3570*250=892,500 packs for retail.

total pack run: 1,539,930
    total short prints: (1,539,930 / 2 ) / 110 = only 7000 copies of each and every short print.

Ihave all the retail and hobby wrappers and boxes for every year, so i could extend this exercise
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    We only have ourselves to blame for this. Each year topps made the odds longer and longer and we said nothing. In 2009 topps decided to change the checklist 75% and
    eliminate most of the good autographs, yet we still bought it and never complained. There are many collectors here who wouldn't even miss the ink if it was gone
    all together. I just don't see how anyone who collected this product from the beginning can honestly like where this set has gone.

Topps has lied so many times it isn't even funny anymore. What is worse is that heritage always comes during a dry spot for baseball so that keeps wax prices high
    at the start. I don't think any recent heritage box is even worth more than 20% of cost right now. You have to go back to 04 or even earlier to see that appreciation.

It is obvious that topps knows they can sell heritage and put almost nothing into the product. SSP's cost them NOTHING to make. They didn't even tell us how many
    Koufax and Mays autographs there were this year. Do they even know? Do they even care?

If you want to turn around the product, and I will say 2012 was MUCH better than 2009 and 2010, then you have to hit topps hard...twitter and facebook are good starts.
    Find out the answer. 70 bucks for a box is still a lot of money. Demand better!

Waalt
  • Options
    I like the fact that Topps has taken more of an online presence with Twitter and Facebook although their web site and especially their forums are very substandard. Topps is actually beginning to listen to us collectors. I suggested to Topps that it would be a good idea to include gold parallels numbered to 2012 in Topps Update since they omitted this in 2012 Topps series one and series two. And now they are doing it! I'm not saying I am the reason for it, but I am saying that it seems Topps is listening to us. I recommend to everyone here to get a Twitter account and follow @toppscards. Voice your opinioins! They recently asked what we would like to see in next year's Heritage. I for one would like to see the following: better odds for pulling an auto, a better overall autograph lineup, a 1/1 multi-colored chrome refractor for each base card, just to name a few. I would like for them to discontinue the SSP cards. I think of these cards like people thought of error cards in 1989 and 1990. At first there were pretty cool but now they seem to have lost their appeal.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    and we also got the good chromes back in heritage this year, I know that was a huge issue to some.
  • Options
    Thought I would try a post here to see if the Heritage elite can provide any help. I have given up on my quest for every blue Heritage autograph and decided to go after just the 2012 Heritage blue autograph set (2012 is the birth year of my only son -- born May 4th! image )

I am working on a set of 2012 Topps Heritage Blue Ink Autographs and need all of them EXCEPT for the following:

Ed Roebuck
    Willie McCovey
    Ryan Zimmerman
    Carroll Hardy
    Bob Gibson
    Luis Aparicio
    Jim Brosnan
    Bob Turley
    Eddie Kasko
    Chico Fernandez
    Bob Anderson

Here are the Heritage Autographs I have to trade:

2001 Sean Burroughs San Diego Padres
    2002 Brian Giles (x3) Pittsburgh Pirates
    2002 Cristian Guzman (x5) Minnesota Twins
    2002 Alex Rodriguez Texas Rangers
    2002 Gil McDougald New York Yankees
    2002 Bobby Shantz Philadelphia Athletics
    2003 Jose Vidro Montreal Expos
    2004 Cliff Floyd New York Mets
    2004 Bill Consolo Boston Red Sox
    2005 Jake Martin Pittsburgh Pirates
    2006 Bob Wiesler Washington Senators
    2007 Harding Peterson Pittsburgh Pirates
    2007 Delmon Young (x2) Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    2007 Bill Taylor Detroit Tigers
    2008 Ken Lehman Phiadelphia Phillies
    2008 Scott Podsednik Chicago White Sox
    2008 Al Jackson Pittsburgh Pirates
    2008 Duke Snider Los Angeles Dodgers
    2009 Fausto Carmona Cleveland Indians
    2009 Taylor Phillips Philadelphia Phillies
    2009 Brian Barton Atlanta Braves
    2009 Ray Webster Boston Red Sox
    2009 Ron Samford Washington Senators
    2009 Stan Lopata Milwaukee Braves
    2009 Gio Gonzalez Oakland Athletics
    2009 Cliff Pennington Oakland Athletics
    2010 Bob Hale Cleveland Indians
    2011 Art Ditmar Kansas City Athletics
    2011 John Demerit New York Mets
    2011 Ted Wills Boston Red Sox
    2011 Jim Donohue Los Angeles Angels
    2011 Don Gile Boston Red Sox
    2011 Tom Parsons Pittsburgh Pirates

Again I am only trading my Heritage autographs for 2012 Heritage autographs that I need. Generally trade book for book. Please let me know if you can help by sending me a PM.

Thanks!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭

WTT: Wanted 2012 heritage chromes (1963): 2,10,18,20,48,57,71,72,and 77.

Have chromes to trade (1963):4,7,25,38,40,47,51,52,61,62,67,68,69,70,83,87,89,and 94.

Wanted 2012 image swaps: Lee, Rivera, and Weaver.

Image swaps to trade: Bautista,Cabrera, Cruz,Granderson,and Hernandez.

PM if we can work some type of trade. Craig in Ohio
  • Options

Was it on Facebook where Topps was asking for suggestions for Heritage?

I think a reprint subset of Superstars from that year would be cool. Maybe 15-25 to replace Flashbacks. Something that would not be impossible to complete like the framed stamps or SSPs .

Having all the superstar cards reprinted at the back of the set (501-525) or as a subset, similar to the Mantle set in the ninties (1996 I think).

I would rather get an Aaron or Mays '64 reprint over the "Gemini 1 is launched" & "The Soviet Union launches Voskhod 1 into Earth orbit" cards.
  • Options
    Hello guys. i am looking to close this out.

I NEED stick ons # 's 12 /23/37 and nap cards LINCECUM..WEAVER...VOTTO....CHIPPER JONES.

SP'S 427/448/457/462/470/474/475/477/478/485/486/498/499

I WILL BUY IF I DON'T HAVE SOMETHING YOU NEED.
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    I have a few left over cards If someone is still trying to finish up some sets.

SP 447
    Image swap 200
    Chrome #1963 56, 99
    Clubhouse Collection Longoria, Chris Carpenter, James Sheilds, David Ortiz, Pablo Sandoval, Jaime Garcia
    Then and Now Aaron/Kemp, Spahn/Lee
    NAP J Weaver, J Bautista
    Stick ons 9,18,19,20,25,29

Still have a good bit of base as well. Will trade for Archives I need. I have a list posted in the Archives thread. Will also sel or trade for other stuff as well.
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Still looking for two ad panels:
    Gonzalez/Rookies/Jay
    Holliday/Hernandez/Roberts

I have many duplicate panels, base cards, inserts, chromes, refractors, and stickers for trade.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    Josephcb09Josephcb09 Posts: 286 ✭✭
    Recent redemption mailday:

Also I just busted 6 hobby boxes with no real success. I pulled 7 CC relics (1 image swap relic), 5 image swaps and 1 black refractor. Other than that nothing special, just your normal short prints and chromes.
  • Options
    Josephcb09 that card is awesome congrats.
  • Options
    Speaking of redemptions, has anyone seen a fulfilled mays auto redemption yet?
  • Options

<< <i>Speaking of redemptions, has anyone seen a fulfilled mays auto redemption yet? >>

I saw one on the presale sheet.
  • Options

<< <i>Speaking of redemptions, has anyone seen a fulfilled mays auto redemption yet? >>

I am awaiting one of each version and a Kemp/Mays dual.

I'm a little relieved that there seem to be live Mays autos from other products slowly coming out but Topps has informed me that the Heritage cards have yet to be signed.
  • Options
    I'm waiting on a Mays myself....only ones i need now are cepeda and koufax.
  • Options
    I got my six already.....

OK, ok, I am just kidding....this picture was from Topps about a month or so ago.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Craig

Do you really have 6 coming? I NEED to get one of those.

• Options
    HELP... any one have a stupid NAP Chipper Jones so i can complete this set?
  • Options
    I wish I did Walt. I'd just like to have one of these!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    The reds had better be numbered....
  • Options
    Thought I would try the Heritage experts with my 2010 Heritage set. I realize that this is a 2012 thread - sorry. image

I need these 2010 SPs -- willing to trade four of my 2010 extra SPs for three of yours, or eight for six, or sixteen for twelve, you get the idea. image

Please let me know if you can help!

Wanted:

Thanks!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    I have 428, 460 & 497 if interested.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Here is what I need for my 2010 set. I completed the 2011 and 2012.

2010 Heritage

427,429, 451, 462,464,479,486,493,496,
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    STILL LOOKING for a 2012 NAP Chipper Jones.. if you can help please let me know.
  • Options
    Here is my updated want list:

2012 Heritage Needs

SP: 479
    JFKs: 143(JFK2), 144(JFK3), 145(JFK4), 146(JFK5), 147(JFK6), 148(JFK7)
    Stick-Ons: 6, 11, 15, 22, 35

Image Swap: 44 56 91 183 193 197 276 415 468 476 486 494 497 
    Blue: 72,76,172,177,225,232,275,296,325,453,468
    Red: 22,44,87,96,100,174,190,193,210,221,224,260,276,445,483
    Black: 1,2,3,4,7,9,10,11,12,16,17,19,23,25,26,28,34,36,38,40,41,44,45,48
    52,54,55,56,58,59,62,66,68,69,71,73,75,76,77,82,83,84,85,86,87,91,92,93,94,95,98,99,100

• Options
    Needlist:

Topps Heritage real one autographs.

Thanks
    Waalt
  • Options
    Adding this one to my collection today. image

I'm working on this set and looking to buy a few commons I need at below Ebay prices.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Awesome Cepeda!
    Have a question on redemption cards: How long on average does it take for you to receive them after redemption? I would assume everyone redeems them online, so just wondering how long I have to wait.
  • Options
    Craig ..very nice on the Cepeda.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

As far as redemptions go, sometimes there is a very quick turnaround. I got my McCovey auto within two weeks. It all depends on how quickly the player signs the cards for the most part. Not sure why it is taking so ling for Mays since he has already signed his cards.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    ANyone intersted in trading for this?