Home Sports Talk
Options

College Football-Bowl Predictions?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Miami 1992, I'm smiling!!!!!

The Teague/Lamar Thomas play is one of my all-time favorites. BTW No one dances on the Cowboy star when Teague is around. Another one of my favorite plays!
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a playoff sounds great, but creates another set of questions about pairings and brackets. There will always be something to whine about.

I say turn the clock back- recreate the old Southwest Conference. I want Texas to play Arkansas and Texas and Texas A&M need to be in the same conference. The Big 8 will become the real Big 8, The Big 10 is the Big 10- sorry Nebraska- you go to the Big 8 with Oklahoma and Missouri where tradition should mean something and Penn State is independent again. That's right, Penn State is out of the BIG 10. The ACC is the OLD ACC.

This is what changes- rotating non-conference challenges. With an 12 game schedule, conferences are required to have 2 non conference challenges with other conferences. This will help create some sense of conference strength instead of computers/polls and other nonsense. And the change can actually be in the schedule itself- a Big 10 team could schedule a SEC team in November- Conference play can be earlier or later- If the old independents want a conference, they can have one- Penn State, ND, Pitt amoung others.

Bowl match ups will change based on records and tradition. The Rosebowl goes back to a Pac 10- Big 10 match up

There will be three polls and co-national champs is reasonable- gives people something to talk about. I suspect the older crowd will still argue whether ND was better than Michigan State in 1966

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>I suspect the older crowd will still argue whether ND was better than Michigan State in 1966 >>

Neither, Bama got robbed that year!!!
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    The thing I fear most is this- If AL and LSU play, and AL wins, many people will look at the title as "tainted". They will say its tainted b/c an all SEC game should have never taken place. If LSU plays a non-SEC school and wins, then great for the conference. But to have 2 SEC teams playing just opens the door for criticism. I don't hate Alabama (although they do have some elitist fans), I just want whats best for the conference.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>BTW, the only team that has a chance to beat LSU is Alabama. Now if Georgia beats them, I may have a little egg on my face after my prior comment. >>

Exactly. There is no other team in the country that has any chance of beating LSU. Alabama beat LSU if their FG kicker didn't
    take the night off.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If LSU is the best team in the nation this year (and I believe they are) and the only team able to be competitive with them is Alabama, why would there be any discussion an opponent other than Alabama?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see Oklahoma St play LSU.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Honey Badger!
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>Honey Badger! >>

Now that was SWEET! balances out the flunk Michigan State win earlier this year

Funk'em Bucky is Rose Bowl Bound....Hope to see everyone there!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was roughing the kicker if the player is blocked into the kicker. Number 96 of Wisconsin clearly blocked him into the kicker. Not that it matters, I'd rather see Wisconsin win anyway. Great game!
  • Options
    BCS Bow Projections from Stewart Mandel. MJ

BCS Bowls With Alabama No. 2

Jan. 2 Rose: Wisconsin (Big Ten champ) vs. Oregon (Pac-12 champ)
    Jan. 2 Fiesta: Oklahoma State (Big 12 champ) vs. Stanford (BCS at-large)
    Jan. 3 Sugar: Michigan (BCS at-large) vs. Kansas State (BCS at-large)
    Jan. 4 Orange: Clemson (ACC champ) vs. West Virginia (Big East champ)
    Jan. 9 BCS Championship: LSU (BCS No. 1) vs. Alabama (BCS No. 2)

BCS Bowls With Oklahoma State No. 2

Jan. 2 Rose: Wisconsin (Big Ten champ) vs. Oregon (Pac-12 champ)
    Jan. 2 Fiesta: Kansas State (BCS at-large) vs. Stanford (BCS at-large)
    Jan. 3 Sugar: Alabama (BCS at-large) vs. Michigan (BCS at-large)
    Jan. 4 Orange: Clemson (ACC champ) vs. West Virginia (Big East champ)
    Jan. 9 BCS Championship: LSU (BCS No. 1) vs. Oklahoma State (BCS No. 2)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/12/04/final-bowl-projections/index.html#ixzz1fYLRYyFn
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    C'mon Boone Pickens. Call your favorite politicians, and Jerry Jones, and fork over about 30 million to have Oklahoma
    State play Alabama in Texas Stadium in a couple of weeks. Winner gets LSU. Get 'er done.
  • Options
    <C'mon Boone Pickens. Call your favorite politicians, and Jerry Jones, and fork over about 30 million to have Oklahoma
    State play Alabama in Texas Stadium in a couple of weeks. Winner gets LSU. Get 'er done.>

I will toss in $50. Count me in. MJ
  • Options
    Great Big 10 Championship game-

After beating Oklahoma by 34, it seems pretty hard to deny OSU a spot in the final against LSU. I my thoughts might be different if the LSU win against Alabama was in Baton Rouge

It seems as if there will be questions, doubts and controversy no matter what.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Alabama and Okie State are both worthy to be #2. It's a toss up in my opinion. Cases can be made both ways. I am fine with it being bama but after seeing Okie destroy OK yesterday I am starting to think they should get a chance at LSU. Oh well, let's see what the humans and computers decide.
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Can't argue with OSU or Alabama. However, I think most of the country, myself included, would prefer to give a non-SEC school a shot at the Tigers.
  • Options
    Rematch!
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    opening lines so far. MJ

LSU vs Bama pick em to LSU -1
    Oregon -6.5 vs Wisconsin
    Michigan -2 vs Va Tech
    OSU vs -3.5 vs Stanford
    Clemson -3 vs West Virginia
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    although i am a Stanford fan....i think i'd bet the house on OSU +3.5

unless Shayne Skov and Harbaugh come back. which of course can't happen.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. I would think both Alabama and OSU will win with relative ease.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Bowl predictions anyone??

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I can tell you the score for any of the Bowl games before they start.

I also predict that a team from the SEC will win the BCS Championship yet again this year.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    The only thing this thread needs to officially go away is for Rexvos, who was a primary contributor leading up to the title game, to admit that LSU is not as good as Alabama. For some reason, after the game was played, I guess Rexvos was unable to locate this thread to add any more commentary. I'll put it out there again because I'm sure he's been looking for it.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    21-0! RTR!!!!
    Scoreboard Malfunction