Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official 1975 Topps Mini Thread

Comments

• Options
    Congrats Todd,
    I was actually thinking of going 4 figures for that card. I could see how strong that Carew was. I am still steamed, apparently my 2 year old started banging on my computer and then my wife did her emails and I still have no idea what happened. I use Auctionraptor and for most of the auctions - it said password fail so it was not able to log into my ebay account. It could also be a China issue if my VPN closed - who knows.
    I had monster snipes on some of those cards - over 200.00 on the Cliff Johnson even though it wasn't a strong 8...I was going full bore on the green/yellows. There were some pretty tough 8s that were absolute steals!
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    I was real pleased picking up the Dave Chalk for a nice price. That thing has been tricky to find.
    1975 Topps Minis, 1964 Topps
  • Options

<< <i>I was real pleased picking up the Dave Chalk for a nice price. That thing has been tricky to find. >>

Yup, that card is a real difficult 8; as was the nettles (#160) among others - if my memory is correct the R. Harrison (#287) also sold for next to nothing and that card is also very difficult to find.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very pleased to pick up a bunch of real nice minis from Ryan this week, including the 8.5 Carroll, and 8 Garvey, Nettles, Goodson, McEnaney, Twitchell and Roberts, among others.

Now need just 15 cards for completion of my mini set. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I was very pleased to pick up a bunch of real nice minis from Ryan this week, including the 8.5 Carroll, and 8 Garvey, Nettles, Goodson, McEnaney, Twitchell and Roberts, among others.

Now need just 15 cards for completion of my mini set. image >>

Tim you owe my two year old "little" Henry a bottle of milk next time you see him for screwing up my snipes! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I was very pleased to pick up a bunch of real nice minis from Ryan this week, including the 8.5 Carroll, and 8 Garvey, Nettles, Goodson, McEnaney, Twitchell and Roberts, among others.

Now need just 15 cards for completion of my mini set. image >>

Tim you owe my two year old "little" Henry a bottle of milk next time you see him for screwing up my snipes! image >>

Tell little Henry Uncle Timmy said he can bang on your keyboard anytime he wants to, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Jasme11Jasme11 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Hey Mini Fans!!!

My "Tony's 75 mini set" is in the mix for the award of Best Digital Album. I was expecting to have my lunch handed to me by the 1952 Set Album (and rightfully so), but it appears that a 100-card set (Stock Car Album) is leading the pack. I was not sure if it was appropriate to campaign for votes, but it was just pointed out to me that the competition has gone as far as creating a forum page to solicit more votes. So, in the spirit of competition and again to represent our beloved Mini's get up and vote...register away!!!!

At 1320 scans and 144 pages, our 75 Mini's set merits more votes...

Here's the link: http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=943840

Thanks for voting!!!

[URL=http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Tonysilvaone/media/75mini_zpspsemac5m.png.html]image[/URL]
    Tony's 1975 Minis
  • Options
    Good luck, Tony~I voted for you!

I have the following freshly graded minis for sale~if anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to work out a deal for you. All cards are pack fresh and fill the holder.

PSA 8

#138 Unser
    #160 Nettles
    #248 Jones
    #269 Rau
    #285 Rodriguez
    #322 Goodson
    #326 Twitchell
    #335 Palmer
    #374 Watt
    #388 Stone
    #402 Tolan

PSA 7

#41 Geronimo
    #376 Yeager

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Hey gang. After doing some homework and some hard thinking, I'm close to making a tough call. I have spoken to Steve Hart about parting with my sealed case. As most of you know, I am the original purchaser from the Conlon sale via REA and this is the one case, of 3 sealed (and one opened) that I kept for myself. It is in great shape and is from a batch number that is NOT known to be a dog. That doesn't mean its a magic case, but it gives it a big leg up over most. Depending on what he comes back with after asking around, it is possible that I will instead have him break the case for me, wrapping the individual boxes and identifying them with the case info. I have spoken to him about this possibility. If I do that, it will likely be in the next few weeks or so and I would offer it here, on this thread first, at $2,800 a box, including bbce wrapped and shipping by me. I will ask more on non board avenues, but this has always been my collecting home, so I am starting here. I would appreciate a heads up from anyone who would have interest, so I can best decide a route.

Thanks guys.

Jim

PS - Finding takers for all 16 boxes is absolutely not the deciding factor. I would ideally like to hold some for myself, which is one reason I am considering this route.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I'm in for 1/2 the case if possible! BTW I like the idea of a special (parenthetical) from Steve...perhaps (Miniduff case) image
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in for 1/2 the case if possible! BTW I like the idea of a special (parenthetical) from Steve...perhaps (Miniduff case) image >>

I'm in for the other half! image

In all seriousness I would be interested in as many boxes as is fair to everyone else interested in a getting in on this. Keep us informed!
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested in a box as well.

Robb
  • Options
    I already PMed Jim, but I'll post here too. I'm in for a box.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options

<< <i>I already PMed Jim, but I'll post here too. I'm in for a box. >>

Same here. image

• Options
    I want to say thanks and I am thrilled to find the interest here. It makes me feel a LOT better that something that means a lot to me will stay in the family so to speak. Clearly, there is more than enough interest for this route to make sense, so I touched base with Steve again. "We would mark them “From a Sealed Case” and I would also put “MiniDuff Rip June/2015” on them." which I think will be kind of cool. I'm going to pack the case off to him next week, and I'll post a more formal break list here, working from the folks who have reached out here and/or PM. I'm probably going to keep a box or two for myself, then fill as best I can from there. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again - Jim
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    DakilloDakillo Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Hope I'm not too late to the show, but I would throw my hat in for one box as well.
  • Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    As you've seen in this thread, I've been itching to add a PSA 8 mini Yaz. Very happy when I landed this one.

• Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
    Nice bright colors on that Yaz. Great job!

Anybody notice that #3 current finest Mini registry set for sale by an AH? The registry shows that set being created in July 2013, updated on 6/6/15, and highest in February 2015, but I don't remember ever seeing that set in the registry. How did it show up like that out of thin air, or did I just miss it? Anyway, there are some jaw-dropping, high grade Mini's in it including 10's of Brett, Yount, the bookend Aarons (including the POP 1 #660), Yaz, Jackson, and a POP 1 Frank Robinson. There are also a bunch of POP 1-3 common 10's. What a set!

Edited to add: Henry, is that your main set, or part thereof?
  • Options

<< <i>I want to say thanks and I am thrilled to find the interest here. It makes me feel a LOT better that something that means a lot to me will stay in the family so to speak. Clearly, there is more than enough interest for this route to make sense, so I touched base with Steve again. "We would mark them “From a Sealed Case” and I would also put “MiniDuff Rip June/2015” on them." which I think will be kind of cool. I'm going to pack the case off to him next week, and I'll post a more formal break list here, working from the folks who have reached out here and/or PM. I'm probably going to keep a box or two for myself, then fill as best I can from there. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again - Jim >>

Thanks Jim! Keep us posted. I am thinking of ripping a box or 2, depending on how many might be available? Anyone else going to rip or is everyone planning on holding?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
  • Options

<< <i>Nice bright colors on that Yaz. Great job!

Anybody notice that #3 current finest Mini registry set for sale by an AH? The registry shows that set being created in July 2013, updated on 6/6/15, and highest in February 2015, but I don't remember ever seeing that set in the registry. How did it show up like that out of thin air, or did I just miss it? Anyway, there are some jaw-dropping, high grade Mini's in it including 10's of Brett, Yount, the bookend Aarons (including the POP 1 #660), Yaz, Jackson, and a POP 1 Frank Robinson. There are also a bunch of POP 1-3 common 10's. What a set!

Edited to add: Henry, is that your main set, or part thereof? >>

Which auction house?
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
    The title of the set says, "Heritage Actions...." Here is the link to the set on the registry:

#3 Mini Set
  • Options

<< <i>The title of the set says, "Heritage Actions...." Here is the link to the set on the registry:

#3 Mini Set >>

They also have the #1 set for 1977 Topps now, too. Not a fan of using the registry for this purpose and if I recall correctly, I thought PSA had a rule against it.

• Options
    Looks like this was the Hill Collection

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The title of the set says, "Heritage Actions...." Here is the link to the set on the registry:

#3 Mini Set >>

They also have the #1 set for 1977 Topps now, too. Not a fan of using the registry for this purpose and if I recall correctly, I thought PSA had a rule against it. >>

They seem to turn a blind eye for the major auction houses. I guess they realize they are getting free registry promotion from the auction catalogs and websites.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

#3 Mini Set >>

They also have the #1 set for 1977 Topps now, too. Not a fan of using the registry for this purpose and if I recall correctly, I thought PSA had a rule against it. >>

They seem to turn a blind eye for the major auction houses. I guess they realize they are getting free registry promotion from the auction catalogs and websites. >>

It's setting an ugly precedent . Kind of like the grades 4sharpcorners gets
  • Options
    They've allowed the name changes for a long time, seen it done many times over the years. I'm also pretty sure its the Hill set, which was roughly 2/3 of my set, which were combined with the amazing 10s he had to start with. Can't wait to see it.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Ok, I have an update on the mini case break. The case is in Steve's hands right now, and he expects to have it headed back to me some time later in the week, so this thing is real. When I was noodling on this, I didn't take into account how hellaciously expensive it is to ship a heavy item insured for $50k back and forth, yikes. It is what it is. For now, I have made a list of the folks who reached out to me, in the rough order (taking into account pms as well as this board). The list is as follows:

1. Henry
    2. Gemint - confirmed
    3. Todd - confirmed
    4. Fergie - confirmed
    5. Ryanseven - confirmed
    6. 1970s - confirmed
    7. Grote - confirmed
    8. Dakillo
    9. Matty

For the moment, I am going to offer one box to each on the list, at the $2,800 price I posted originally. Please confirm asap that you still want a box and in the next week or two. Depending on follow up, I might offer a few more boxes to the folks who initially asked for more, starting with Henry. My thought right now is to hold 1/4-1/2 for myself to offer later, or ideally, sit longer term. If something changes, I'll let folks know.

Thanks much,

Jim
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Confirmed for a box, Jim~thanks again!

• Options
    are these "FASC miniduff"? If room I would gladly pony up for a box

Ron
  • Options

<< <i>Nice bright colors on that Yaz. Great job!

Edited to add: Henry, is that your main set, or part thereof? >>

That's not me Nick, the only person that could be would be Brady Hill or (I forgot his name, I'll look it up)
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed for a box.

Robb
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

#3 Mini Set >>

They seem to turn a blind eye for the major auction houses. I guess they realize they are getting free registry promotion from the auction catalogs and websites. >>

Heritage is also auctioning the #1 current finest 1974 Topps set
  • Options
    Confirming my 1 box. Thanks

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

#3 Mini Set >>

Heritage is also auctioning the #1 current finest 1974 Topps set >>

Looks like a bunch of cards say "THE HILL COLLECTION" in the flip. Can't say I'm a fan of that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

#3 Mini Set >>

Heritage is also auctioning the #1 current finest 1974 Topps set >>

Looks like a bunch of cards say "THE HILL COLLECTION" in the flip. Can't say I'm a fan of that. >>

Easy enough to send in for reholder
  • Options
    I am confirmed for one box. Thanks again Jim
  • Options
    Congratulations to whoever picked up that Yount for a ridiculous price. Just amazing that it went that low. That just isn't supposed to happen like that

P.S. if the winner of the original auction happens to read these boards and assuming there aren't any serious health issues involved in you being unresponsive, then you suck and need to get a life. Who bids that kind of money on a card and then decides to go MIA? And if you're trying to inflate the market, then you're even more pathetic. There are repercussions to this kind of stuff that affect other people, not that you care about that. So many A-Holes in this hobby. Obviously this isn't directed to any of the regulars here but at the clown that I imagine hides and lurks here

Well done to the winner. You picked up a screamer.
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations to whoever picked up that Yount for a ridiculous price. Just amazing that it went that low. That just isn't supposed to happen like that

P.S. if the winner of the original auction happens to read these boards and assuming there aren't any serious health issues involved in you being unresponsive, then you suck and need to get a life. Who bids that kind of money on a card and then decides to go MIA? And if you're trying to inflate the market, then you're even more pathetic. There are repercussions to this kind of stuff that affect other people, not that you care about that. So many A-Holes in this hobby. Obviously this isn't directed to any of the regulars here but at the clown that I imagine hides and lurks here

Well done to the winner. You picked up a screamer. >>

I'm thoroughly confused. What did I miss??

ETA: OK, I see what happened now~and that was even with the card being reholdered and all, too.

Interesting, too, that the winning bidder at the 7K price was also the underbidder at the previous 14K price for same card. Perhaps the winner at 14K felt his bid was run up?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Congratulations to whoever picked up that Yount for a ridiculous price. Just amazing that it went that low. That just isn't supposed to happen like that

I'm thoroughly confused. What did I miss??

ETA: OK, I see what happened now~and that was even with the card being reholdered and all, too.

Interesting, too, that the winning bidder at the 7K price was also the underbidder at the previous 14K price for same card. Perhaps the winner at 14K felt his bid was run up? >>

If it helps, I believe the winning bidder is eBay ID hua17maka:
    http://www.watchcount.com/bh.php?bhuid=hua17maka&amp;bhsb=Show+Buyer/Bidder+History#serp
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hua17maka&ftab=AllFeedback

The watchcount shows some decent purchases at the bottom of the list. Will be interesting to see if this card is paid for. Ya never know, the top two bidders may have been in cahoots or perhaps the winner this time around (hua17maka) made the winner of the last auction feel they were bid up.

Tough to tell, so again, let's see if this one gets paid for. I believe once it does it should show up in the watchcount right? Or does watchcount show the listing regardless of it being paid for?
  • Options

Hey Todd, so we can assume that was your card? I guess you are asserting that perhaps there was an agreement to not bid up the card? For me it was a timing thing. I am trying to get a stinking US VISA for my wife of 4 years and her/our son. We have been working on this for month after month and I am now 3 weeks before his passport expires - so I have been pretty much distracted. I am also surprised the Yount went that low. When I looked at it, it seemed the top right might have a touch - but I was not able to look closely enough. That card also confused me because I thought I saw it in the previous PWCC, then it disappeared and then this one came up with a new holder - but the pop didn't go up. So I was completely confused. Anyway, very sorry for the seller.

EDIT: Ah, I'm a bit slow...so it was a non-payer originally? Ouch, sorry to hear about that - totally sucks and has happened to me several times this past year.
  • Options
    Just had a smaller sub with some 75 minis pop. A few toughie 9s in here. I'm going to putting a bunch more minis up on eBay later this month. Will post back here once they are listed.

MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 367 Craig Robinson
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 537 Tommy Harper
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Mini 310 '74 Victory Leaders
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Mini 498 Al Downing
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 557 Larry Gura
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 370 Tom Seaver
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 425 Tito Fuentes
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 416 Larry Lintz
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 475 Darrell Evans
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 414 Manny Mota
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Mini 323 Fred Holdsworth
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 355 Chris Cannizzaro
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 351 Bob Boone
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 341 Hal Breeden
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 327 Jerry Hairston
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Mini 280 Carl Yastrzemski
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 506 Leron Lee
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 471 Bob Stinson
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Mini 660 Hank Aaron
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 Topps Mini 613 Bill Parsons
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 530 Gaylord Perry
    MINT 9 1975 Topps Mini 590 Cesar Cedeno

• Options

<< <i>

Hey Todd, so we can assume that was your card? I guess you are asserting that perhaps there was an agreement to not bid up the card? For me it was a timing thing. I am trying to get a stinking US VISA for my wife of 4 years and her/our son. We have been working on this for month after month and I am now 3 weeks before his passport expires - so I have been pretty much distracted. I am also surprised the Yount went that low. When I looked at it, it seemed the top right might have a touch - but I was not able to look closely enough. That card also confused me because I thought I saw it in the previous PWCC, then it disappeared and then this one came up with a new holder - but the pop didn't go up. So I was completely confused. Anyway, very sorry for the seller.

EDIT: Ah, I'm a bit slow...so it was a non-payer originally? Ouch, sorry to hear about that - totally sucks and has happened to me several times this past year. >>

Hey Henry

Really no clue what may have happened. All speculation. It could be a lot of things. It's happened to me before too, but never this dramatically. I made an error in judgment by listing it again so quickly and I own that. It's frustrating, but moving on....thanks for allowing me to vent a bit
  • Options
    DakilloDakillo Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Confirmed for one, thank you.

Dave
  • Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Jim, I sent you a PM asking if my name could be added to the list for one of those unopened boxes of 75 Mini's from that Conlon case you're selling. I didn't get a reply? Was just checking to see if you received that PM?
  • Options
    I just wanted to let any interested Mini collectors know that I am selling the following. If anyone is interested, please PM me

5-Ryan HL PSA 7
    20-Munson PSA 7
    70 - Mike Schmidt PSA 8
    122- Al Hrabosky PSA 8
    298-Johnny Grubb PSA 8
    300-Reggie Jackson PSA 7
    358-Bumbry PSA 8
    370- Seaver PSA 8 (2)
    371-Gates Brown PSA 7
    500-Ryan PSA 7
    514-Cruz PSA 7
    540-Brock PSA 8
    600-Carew PSA 8 (2)
    607 Jim Holt-PSA 8
    617-Rook Infielders (Decinces) PSA 8 (2)
    620-Roook Cathers/Gary Carter PSA 8
    622-Rook Outf/Fred Lynn PSA 9
    647-Caludell Washington PSA 7 (2)
    660-Aaron PSA 7

I will go Low end of VCP, particular for those that might want multiple cards.

Thanks!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

EDIT: Ah, I'm a bit slow...so it was a non-payer originally? Ouch, sorry to hear about that - totally sucks and has happened to me several times this past year. >>

Hey Henry

Really no clue what may have happened. All speculation. It could be a lot of things. It's happened to me before too, but never this dramatically. I made an error in judgment by listing it again so quickly and I own that. It's frustrating, but moving on....thanks for allowing me to vent a bit >>

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

By agreeing to have your card auctioned you assume the risk that, while unlikely, it might sell for only $.99. Personally, if a bunch of bidders come together and decide not to bid on a card, than I think it's their right to do so. You could have sold the card yourself, or used a BIN with BO, but instead you chose to auction it off hoping for something great to happen. Then what about people who collude to bid up a card? Well at least then one of them might get stuck with it ... the problem with eBay is that it's easy not to get stuck with it. The system is broken and needs to be fixed.

Now, I feel bad for you, I really do, and I'm sure you're already over it. I also think it's your right to feel cheated and to complain about it. But for every seller that moans about a poor sale price, there's a buyer who's doing just the opposite.

I see threads where people complain about silly BIN prices, and then threads where people complain about silly auction results. It's all silly, and it's all part of the game.

I'd like to see much harsher, criminal, penalties for people who bid something up than don't follow through with the purchase. It's a contract that gets entered into and there should be substantial penalties if not fulfilled. That said, these penalties don't exist, and you seem like an experienced collector so you should know this. By listing at auction you're opening yourself up to all of the nonsense that goes on with those auctions, for better or for worse.

Again, I'm sorry for the result you received here.