Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Hockey Card Thread...show your recent pick-ups.

Comments

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2021 3:35PM

• Options

@clarke442 said:
    WOW !
    "Old Time Hockey" thread

Staying with one of my earlier posts

Another Cup

Forgot to say...
    Nice run of Marleau"s

Love that card. So does Wayne. Signed it beautifully for me.

• Options

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed that some of the 2003 Extreme L'Oceanic 4-168 Sidney Crosby cards have the 4-168 card number on the back, and some don't. Does anyone have more info on this discrepancy? Just referring to the regular base card, not the Limited Edition (White multi-pic) one or the Auto one.

• Options
    tomg1977tomg1977 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

A couple new Hughes for the PC.

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

Got these back from the group sub today.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erba that’s an incredible batch!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    tomg1977tomg1977 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Just got it back yesterday.

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    @erba that’s an incredible batch!

Thanks! Love to get those multi signed cards.

• Options

Does anyone have any info on the variation between the standard matte base version of the 2001-02 Russian Ice - Young Lions set vs. the Glossy version of the set? Beckett Hockey had published that the matte base had a print run of 450. Looking for info on relative quantity of Glossy vs. Matte, thanks!

Also, still wondering if anyone has more info on the w/ vs. w/o card number for the 2003 Extreme Sidney Crosby variants?

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Andy!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice card, is that from Martin Sportscards?

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

That Salming is sick!

I finally found a MacInnis rookie to my liking. It typically has a noticeable tilt but I think this one is tilt free. (If there’s a tilt it’s very slight.) This has always been one of my favorite cards.

• Options

I've learned to love 85 opc with tilts. Without them, I wonder if they came from the factory or from a recent sheet cut.

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2021 7:49AM

@Goldenage said:
    I've learned to love 85 opc with tilts. Without them, I wonder if they came from the factory or from a recent sheet cut.

Non tilts can be found with patience...but needless to say I wouldn’t have bought this card in a BGS holder for this reason.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Some of my better pickups lately for the Roy PC. I'm up to almost 65% of my checklist on playing day cards (roughly 2,400 total needed):

Also snagged these for a few weeks back for a lot less than I expected to:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone...so I started this thread back in 2011...left the hobby for a bit and then just bought a huge hockey card collection. I have been slowly selling it off and sending cards into PSA to see how that goes. Well, I just got the grades for my first submission. 3 1979-80 Gretzky Rookies PSA 6, PSA 6 and a PSA 8.

So, here is my question...I am not sure how to sell the PSA 8. Auction house? Ebay? Here on the boards? I worry about something that expensive and how to handle the shipping so that I can insure it and also be covered as a buyer with Paypal.

Any help would be great and hope you are all doing well.

mathew

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

I’ve never had a problem with the mail but a few have. Just think of all the high end stuff Bbce and pwcc ship. It usually gets there 999 times out of 1000. I wouldn’t worry.

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    I’ve never had a problem with the mail but a few have. Just think of all the high end stuff Bbce and pwcc ship. It usually gets there 999 times out of 1000. I wouldn’t worry.

I have sold a lot on eBay since 1999 but just nothing this pricey. Living in Canada it does limit me with shipping methods to the US but I have a feeling that it will most likely be a Canadian buyer that is looking...

Once I get them back in the mail I will post some pictures for all to see.

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

If you want you can just sell to Canada and not the US.

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    If you want you can just sell to Canada and not the US.

I was thinking the same...thanks

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back! Glad to see you back in the hobby!

-Nathanael

• Options

@Frozencaribou said:
    Welcome back! Glad to see you back in the hobby!

-Nathanael

Hey!!! Nice to see you still around here too! Hope you are staying safe and doing well

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

Nice grades on the Gretzky's!

Possibly interested in the 6's, let me know if they get posted or send me a price via PM

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Hey to all my friends from years ago, I'm back......lol

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

@jimrad said:
    Hey to all my friends from years ago, I'm back......lol

lol...old timers reunion...

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

I can't believe the insane prices sports cards are getting these days. should never have left

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

• Options

nice weaselpuppy , I just pulled out an opened 1984 Topps box to look at the pack condition and I see one pack has the Yzerman rookie on the back. Also saw a Gretzky on the back of another pack. I think I will have the packs graded

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

weaselpuppy, the PD/snow got you on the Topps Yzerman. The OPC grade looks a little harsh, not sure if they dinged you for the bottom left corner.

Robb

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the input. I picked them up for $40 total, so I'm not hurt, but thought I'd be a couple ticks higher...

• Options

My first submission with the “New” guys

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Target.com has 2021 Blaster megabox available on their website right now for anyone who is interested:

https://www.target.com/p/nhl-s2-hockey-trading-card-mega-box/-/A-82217837

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2021 5:36PM

Finishing up a mixed set.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

Just snagged this beauty. Looking forward to seeing that Gretzky 8, Nathanael!

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

That Cert*223 PSA 6 card you have there is definitely the best I've ever seen for centering of the drop of oil in the Oilers logo in the lower right corner (those who have more familiarity with this card know that that can be a challenge) !

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

Those Gretzky RCs are killer! The PSA 6 ending in 222 looks undergraded.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

Those gretzkys are beauties. Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:
    That Cert*223 PSA 6 card you have there is definitely the best I've ever seen for centering of the drop of oil in the Oilers logo in the lower right corner (those who have more familiarity with this card know that that can be a challenge) !

223...that copy looks like a high-end 6 to me, 6.5-worthy. Congrats - never can see enough new subs of this card.

And if Nathan says they are beauties, the they are that.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

Those are beautiful! Wish I could afford one!!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭

Felt I needed to grab one.

• Options

Got a couple of cards back from dual grading that I've had for awhile. Pleased with the Lafleur. I suppose the Dryden was downgraded by a bit of gold ink on the bottom border. Still looks pretty sharp in the holder.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Not recent pickups, but eBay pickups that hit nicely in my last PSA sub:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options

Great cards Frozen - I need to grab one of those Drydens, I think that is a pretty important card.

• Options

That Dryden gold swirl auto is one of the classiest chase cards from the early 90’s. Not sure what the production numbers were but there aren’t many that come to market in any given year.

• Options

Agreed, only pack issued Dryden auto and he doesn’t sign. Important card.