Home Autographs Forum
Options

OK....Let's see what you've got.....post something!

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronzemat said:
    Nice set. Are you going to get Freeman?

Unfortunately he’s much too expensive and there are a lot of convincing fakes (he sent out autopen and very real looking pre-prints with secretarial inscriptions). So not likely unless I get lucky and find one I definitely think is authentic.

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't realize he was that tough.

• Options
    edited June 30, 2023 12:55PM

@bronzemat said:
    I didn't realize he was that tough.

He quit signing all together about 10-15 years ago due to getting his signing hand injured (he can no longer write at all and hasn’t relearned with his other hand).

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice photos in today's posts.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

Ron Shelton who played professionally in the Orioles farm system from 1967-71 (making it as high as AAA Rochester), wrote/directed the movie Bull Durham which came out (gulp) 35 years ago.

The character of Nuke LaLoosh was loosely based on the stories he had heard about pitcher Steve Dalkowski.

A year or so ago Shelton wrote a book about the making of the film and a mutual friend assisted me in getting my copy signed:

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

in 1991 chuck knaublack (spelling) won the rookie of the year award i got him to autograph a baseball at ranger stadium in 91 he went on to injure his elbow playing for the yankees after they picked him up from i believe minnesota and never went on to greatness.

• Options

i also have a muhamad ali again (spelling) autograph on a thriller in manilla frazier and ali trading card with an error back of dale earnhart or al unser jr on backside of ali frazier card and a photo of ali at 1991 all world promo show in anaheim, ca. signing my card . really proud of them.

• Options

i will get them from my safe later today and photograph them for you

• Options

Senator George McGovern on a program from an event. (Inscription edited).

• Options

Leni Riefenstahl, German photographer and also a filmmaker in the Nazi era. Lived to be over 100, a generous signer until almost the end.

• Options

I read an article that claimed that Archbishop Dedmomd Tutu of South Africa was a communist. So, I wrote to ask him if it was true.

• Options
    edited August 12, 2023 6:33PM

James Earl Jones no longer signs but I came across a signed quote I got years ago.

• Options

Here's the Dalai Lama.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2023 4:40AM

Here's Angelica Huston on a German postcard advertising a movie.

• Options

My favorite JEJ item:

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2023 9:22AM

Been awhile since I added anything new.

A new addition to my Carole Landis collection, a two page signed letter, from about early-mid 1943. It's to James Pattarini, a young soldier she met during the war in 1943 and kept in touch with until her death, in 1948.

Content wise, it mentions "2 Jills & A Jeep" that is to published & doing a program with Jack Carson. 2 Jills & A Jeep is a book she wrote, during her time overseas, for the USO. To this day she holds the record for the most miles logged, for any celebrity/USO tour, even over Bob Hope. 2 Jills & A Jeep was also made into a movie in 1944, that she stared in, along with her other fellow OH actresses, that were with her, at the time.

Two page written letters, from Landis, is fairly rare.

What's nice is that his is certified and no sticker was placed on the letter itself, how nice is that?

The autograph photo is also fairly new. I got it from a lot of autographs from RR Auction. The photo is from the same time this letter was written.

• Options

Beautiful photo. I am so glad the letter didn’t get stickered. They put it on the LOA instead which is how it should always be done. Great piece! I love handwritten letters.

• Options

I could do this al day :)

• Options

• Options

Both boondock saints, sub zero, comic book men

• Options

Nice collection

• Options

Nice collection

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    Currently, the publicly announced baseball writers' votes are giving some hope that Todd Helton will be elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2023, the results will be announced on January 24. I got this autograph from him back in 2001 at a time when he was willing to autograph in exchange for a fee made out to one of his charities. Unfortunately, this card I got in the mail from him has a bit of smearing on the signature.

Good news, it was announced tonight that Todd Helton was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

• Options

Shame about the smear :(

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronzemat said:
    Shame about the smear :(

Yep. It was sent to me that way.

• Options

about 10-12 years ago a business associate of mine had the good fortune of golfing with Sandy Koufax at an area Country Club. and after the round he had Sandy sign a scorecard for me

IMF