OK....Let's see what you've got.....post something!

PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭
edited January 26, 2018 5:41PM in Autographs Forum
There's not enough action on this forum. So if you don't have a question or new information to pass on....at least post an autograph or two from your collection. Include the story of how you obtained it if you like.

I'll start with these....

Cecil Stoughton....official White House photographer for JFK.

Harper Lee, Gregory Peck, Robert Duvall, Mary Badham, Phillip Alford, and Brock Peters. Five of the major characters of the movie version of the classic "To Kill A Mockingbird". Also signed by the author Harper Lee. I obtained all of these through the mail.
On the lookout for Pipestones.

Comments

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭✭
    The National Battlefield Coin Show™ now twice a year; April 5-6, and September 13-14, 2019. Eisenhower Hotel Ballroom, Gettysburg, PA.
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2018 5:38PM
    Here's two more.
    Page from the actual flight plan which traveled to the moon aboard Apollo 11. From Buzz Aldrin's personal collection.

The Beatles.

WOW!
    The National Battlefield Coin Show™ now twice a year; April 5-6, and September 13-14, 2019. Eisenhower Hotel Ballroom, Gettysburg, PA.
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭✭
    Two gentleman named Harry Truman and O.B. Atkinson signed a ship's menu in 1953.

American President Lines, S.S. President Cleveland Pacific Ocean Easter Cruise, Saturday, May 2, 1953.

It's on my website at "Cruising with Harry Truman"

http://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies and on Television
    The San Francisco 1949 Mexico 1898 Peso Restrike

Willie,
    Post a picture here!
    Willie,
    I'm sorry for being rude! Welcome to the very dark side; the autograph forum! image
    edited January 26, 2018 5:35PM
    Three photos signed by JFK's official White House photographer Cecil Stoughton.

edited January 26, 2018 5:32PM
    I met Hubert Humphrey back in the mid-60's and he gave me TWO passes to the Vice President's Gallery The local paper was on the scene documenting HHH's visit and they printed a picture of HHH and Muriel with your's truly standing in the background clutching the passes in my sweaty little hands.

• Here are some of my favorites... these were given to me by Charles Berry, radio presenter in the USA. Thank you Charles.

Karel Husa - Pulitzer Prize Winner

Elliott Cook Carter - Pulitzer Prize Winner

Lewis Spratlan - Pulitzer Prize Winner

Ned Rorem - Pulitzer Prize Winner

William Schuman - Pulitzer Prize Winner

Fred Haise Lunar Module Pilot of the ill-fated Apollo 13 lunar mission

• Some amazing autographs in here.
    Would it be possible for people to add their website, so eveyone can enjoy each others collections.
    World's Greatest Autographs - https://worldsgreatestautographs.weebly.com/

• Lots of history in all those autographs, I was looking through my baseball stuff after finding this ball
    but now I will need to dig through more stuff to find my autographs. this one I bought for cheap because
    they could not identify it, I've been looking at it and cant figure it out, but that's the fun of sports memorabilia.

• receieved this from jimmy johnson

• MrLeeMrLee Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2018 8:06PM

Tony Kanaan

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

I made this it's own post, but when I saw this thread I thought it fit here as well. This is one of my very few autographs. Marvelous Marvin Hagler Champ.
    When I was probably 8 or 9 my best friend right up the street from my house had a mother who worked at a restaurant Marvin would eat at sometimes. She got this for me as a birthday present.

He was and still is my favorite boxer. My Dad had died a few years before that, but I remember watching and talking some boxing with my Dad and I'm sure that's how I became a Hagler fan.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

picked these up .. card signed by Hindenburg survivor and book signed by Hiroshima survivor

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@slimies those are both very unique and cool items. Thanks for sharing.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

you are very welcome, glad to share em

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭

I'm collecting a rather large of autographed WW2 pilots and celebs. Bettie Page being one! This is onbe A just got a few weeks ago trhat I've been looking for. Pappy Boyingtron! If you don't know who he is, LOOK HIM UP!! He was a bad ass Corsair pilot.

If you would like to donate to the 2018 Walk to End Alzheimer's, please click here www.tinyurl.com/Cliff2018
  • JBKJBK Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice sig to have - I don't have one. Missed him somehow when I was starting with WWII figures.

I hate those PSA/DNA stickers - personally I won't buy anything with that. It is inexcusable that they put a sticker on an item, much less on the front.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tootawl said:
    I'm collecting a rather large of autographed WW2 pilots and celebs. Bettie Page being one! This is onbe A just got a few weeks ago trhat I've been looking for. Pappy Boyingtron! If you don't know who he is, LOOK HIM UP!! He was a bad ass Corsair pilot.

Bettie Page was strictly a 1950's personality. She had no celebrity connection with WWII.

All glory is fleeting.
  • mbwizkidmbwizkid Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

R.M.T. Hunter is pictured on the lower right of the T-68 CSA note. Hunter was a statesman/politician from Virginia and held many elected offices.

AKA Steve in Tampa

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

@Tootawl said:

Bettie Page was strictly a 1950's personality. She had no celebrity connection with WWII.

No where did I say she was from WW2. I said I have WW2 pilots AND celebs. I should have said celebs and WW2 pilots.

If you would like to donate to the 2018 Walk to End Alzheimer's, please click here www.tinyurl.com/Cliff2018

I haven't got much but I did get this at Disneyland around 1958. Drawn and signed by Roy Williams. He had a small table set up on a side alley on Main Street. I was pretty young but I always remembered getting it because he was on the original Mickey Mouse Club TV show.

• coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

I must have missed the autograph section when I signed up and was busy with coins. I'm glad I looked through the sections after my long hiatus. I collected Royal and government signatures from Spain and its territories 1549-1910. I own about 2000 pieces to date with about 200 of them being royal documents from the King/Queen of that time. I have hosted a few history exhibits with them as well.

This document is a 1856 personal letter from Queen Isabella 2nd to her sister inviting her family to the castle for a birth and baptism party for her sisters new child. If personal letters the king/queen would sign with the name and if it was a government document/letter they would sign Yo El Rey/Yo La Reina

I collect these for signature content and also the occasional royal and other seals present on some of the documents.

this is a signed Spanish inquisition document with the seal of the Inquisition. Its a shame about the insect damage.

this is an official letter from King Phillip 2nd (Jan 1591) to the Count of Buendia with the counts reply concerning raising a militia army.

here is an example of the seals

• 1992 Dream Team autographed ball signed by all 12 player and all four coaches (14 HOFers) on an official Molten ball (the official ball of the 1992 Olympics). Fully authenticated by JSA

• Pre-olympics amateur Floyd Mayweather program with two vintage Mayweather signatures

• coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

Here is a 1809 (30 Jul) King Joseph Napoleon Bonaparte (King of Sicily) letter, to a unknown general thanking him for having shown interest in his crowning as King in Naples which has been very favorable to him and he further sends him his thanks and deep appreciation. It seems to show a close relationship between the two as the letter seems friendly rather than official.

Napoleon gave his brother joseph the position of King In Naples for two years, then he became King of Spain in 1808 following the invasion of Spain.