Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hockey Card Saturday...show off the new hockey cards you picked up this week...

Comments

imageHockey rules
  • That's 2 minutes in the penalty box Bill.

For posting before the 200 post.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I subbed about 7 hockey cards yesterday. Not bad since HOCKEY SUCKS!! >>

nice, which ones did you sub?

Nightcrawler, nice Bossy!

Turbos, this set has been a blast to build thus far, I love the challenge with the centering, miscuts, and scarcity of these stickers! I'm waiting 'till mid-2010 to begin subbing these, hopefully I'll have the set done by the registry cutoff...still think you'll be at number one though, I'm having a lot of trouble with the Stanley Cup foils and the Oilers vs Islanders.

<< <i>That's 2 minutes in the penalty box Bill.

For posting before the 200 post. >>

nice call!
  • This is a small underglass display I have at one end of my desk.

The four hockey packs in the middle, and all the cards on the bottom were from Santa Jimrad. All except the Pac-Man card, ha ha.

I got a pack of 1980 Topps, and realized that there are cards from that year that don't have the players name on them, front or back??? I never knew that, but see other cards like that on ebay.

Does anyone have any info on that? Is it common for the 80 Topps cards to have no name?

Anyway, I know most of this belongs on the Secret Santa rippage thread. And I hope to add more to that thread when I get back home on sunday.

• jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a small underglass display I have at one end of my desk.

The four hockey packs in the middle, and all the cards on the bottom were from Santa Jimrad. All except the Pac-Man card, ha ha.

I got a pack of 1980 Topps, and realized that there are cards from that year that don't have the players name on them, front or back??? I never knew that, but see other cards like that on ebay.

Does anyone have any info on that? Is it common for the 80 Topps cards to have no name?

<< <i>

It's a scratch off Trent ! But don't scratch it even if it itches.....image
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
    The 1980 Topps puck on the front is a scratch-off, the player's name is nowhere so that the person can guess who he is...obviously unscratched pucks are worth a little more.

<< <i>

It's a scratch off Trent ! But don't scratch it even if it itches.....image >>

lol

• << <i>nice, which ones did you sub? >>

Subbed a few from the last group rip. I actually enjoyed getting the hockey cards in the basketball packs. Steve apperantly thinks the basketball packs would be worth a lot more than we paid with the hockey cards showing. The hockey cards were so nice I just had to bust the packs.

• Lol, OK thanks for the info and the advice Jim. image
    Did Bill just say

"I actually enjoyed getting the hockey cards and The hockey cards were so nice I just had to bust the packs."

I almost wet myself
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • I still hate hockey but have recently become fond of hockey cards. May buy a few boxes from BBCE soon.

<< <i>I still hate hockey but have recently become fond of hockey cards. May buy a few boxes from BBCE soon. >>

Bill if you saw my Secret Santa RIP I highly suggest an unopened box of 1987 Topps.
  • +2 for checking Bill into the hockey cards

-2 minute penalty for still not liking hockey
  • I busted a box of 89 Topps during the summer and it was a blast. Got 3 Sakic's that all got 9's. Should have busted and resubbed them all. they were all 10 worthy.

I love hockey............................cards

• << <i>I busted a box of 89 Topps during the summer and it was a blast. Got 3 Sakic's that all got 9's. Should have busted and resubbed them all. they were all 10 worthy.

I love hockey............................cards >>

next up ... back bacon and Molson beer, eh ?
  • Right now I am drinking Lump of Coal beer. It is the nastiest stuff I have ever drank. It was a gag gift but it is really strong.
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭
    I've been wanting one of these for a while. Got it for a good price.
  • ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Picked up another Bobby Orr rookie season ticket stub...Sunday, March 19, 1967 at MSG in NYC...Rangers won this one 3-1:

Another Orr stub from the Canada Cup '76 series...Game 4 Saturday, September 11, 1976 at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto...Canada defeated the USSR 3-1...Orr was the series MVP;

Growing up in Buffalo, Rick Martin was one of my favorite players & left winger for the famed French Connection;

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult

<< <i>I've been wanting one of these for a while. Got it for a good price.
    image >>

Rippage? or does this fall into the vault?
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip that Rascal!

Mike
    Bosox1976
    Wow Mike that's a sharp looking Orr ! ! !

<< <i>Rippage? or does this fall into the vault? >>

Vault. These cards will remain forever frozen in time as long as I own the pack.
  • goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • 54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    That Orr is SWEEEEEET!!!

image >>

Thanks -- other than that roller mark, there isn't much to dislike! Best I've had in years -- got the whole team from a set breakup on ebay; here are the key cards...

Mike
    Bosox1976
    Picked up a couple of nice Topps too..

Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>That Orr is SWEEEEEET!!!

>>

This is a 1989-90 Swedish sticker produced by a company called Semic. These are some of the scarcest hockey stickers ever made. (This is far from mint and I still paid $17 for it.) I think this only the second '89 Yzerman I've ever seen. I also have a '90-91 and I've never seen another. Semic made stickers dating back to the 1970s and they are all very hard to find; even in any condition.

• EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I found a new passion.
    Picking up peewee cards.
    PSA says they grade them, so I'm sending in several
    for the group sub. I just think they're cool.

• 54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    I bought these Russian postcards a while back. I was told they were from 1970-71. There were 10 in all but just wanted to show 3 of them. I have no idea who the players are.

• ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some mid grade '59's I picked up today.

maybe time to clean the scanner, haha
  • Love this thread. It must of been a sleep for awhile.

I can't figure out how load picturesimage
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I found a new passion.
    Picking up peewee cards.
    PSA says they grade them, so I'm sending in several
    for the group sub. I just think they're cool.

image >>

Compuware = I wished they would go out of business and pony tail Pete also.......
    Biggest liars loser jerks that ever walked the face of the Earth!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    I know its not Saturday but I had to show off my new Gretzky RC that I bought from Mike (mike22y2k). Got a great deal and made a new friend on the boards. Couldn't have asked for an easier transaction.

Brian

• I would love to get a box of 1991 UD French. Anybody have a few lying around?

• << <i>

<< <i>I've been wanting one of these for a while. Got it for a good price.
    image >>

Rippage? or does this fall into the vault? >>

That used to mine image
    Trying to climb the 1954-55 Topps Hockey ladder for the second time.

• Arsenal -

nice Gretzky !

some really nice pick-up to show.

Bosox76 - you gotr some nice Bo-Bruins74

I have a few ticket stubs I should reseach to see who played.

cheers
    This thread needed to be revived and I got this back from PSA this week and I thought it just might be enough to get some other hockey guys inspired ! image
    Mike
    Bosox1976

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    My latest additions from Steve Hart. These are for preserving, not ripping!

• << <i>My latest additions from Steve Hart. These are for preserving, not ripping! >>

GREAT pickups!

i totally agree that those are for preserving. Steve sells plenty of non-slab packs that are for ripping image

I love that Vezina Jim!

..and all these unopened packs...you guys are making me jealous!
    This came in the mail today. Perfect card for my low grade '79-'89 OPC Gretzky run...I have 1980, 81, 82, and 88.

Not bad for $3.99 plus $3.00 shipping:

• << <i>This came in the mail today. Perfect card for my low grade '79-'89 OPC Gretzky run...I have 1980, 81, 82, and 88.

Not bad for $3.99 plus $3.00 shipping:

image >>

Great pickup! Good centering on it. whats "wrong" with it that if came back a 3?
    Small hairline crease over Gretzky's name image
  • fantastic!

love those pickups!