Home Precious Metals
Options

How much would you pay for a 1996 Silver Eagle?

DarinDarin Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
At a coin auction I went to last Sunday they sold 5 of them. I bid on all of them and stopped at $35 on each one, they ended up selling for $37-$47 each so I didn't get any of them. I'm not an expert on grading but would say all would easily have been at least MS 63.
the next lot was a 2000 silver eagle, it went for $22, didn't even get a bid in on it. image

Comments

• Options

<< <i>At a coin auction I went to last Sunday they sold 5 of them. I bid on all of them and stopped at $35 on each one, they ended up selling for $37-$47 each so I didn't get any of them. I'm not an expert on grading but would say all would easily have been at least MS 63.
    the next lot was a 2000 silver eagle, it went for $22, didn't even get a bid in on it. image >>

A 1996 in MS63 is worth melt.....even up to 66-67 is prolly still worth only melt.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>At a coin auction I went to last Sunday they sold 5 of them. I bid on all of them and stopped at $35 on each one, they ended up selling for $37-$47 each so I didn't get any of them. I'm not an expert on grading but would say all would easily have been at least MS 63.
    the next lot was a 2000 silver eagle, it went for $22, didn't even get a bid in on it. image >>

A 1996 in MS63 is worth melt.....even up to 66-67 is prolly still worth only melt. >>

Not true, APMEX sells them for over $60 each in uncirculated.
  • Options
    IIRC, I paid 65-75 bucks for my raw one I put in my Dansco, thats been a year or so ago. This is the only non-W that carries much of a premium I believe.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

A 1996 in MS63 is worth melt.....even up to 66-67 is prolly still worth only melt. >>

66 - 67 is still a melt coin. These only show potential in the MS68 but mainly MS69 grade.

The coin is prone to serious milk spotting and is way overblown as far as being a Key Date!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    No ASE is selling for melt peroid, all are north of $15 and the 96 will bring twice what the common dates do.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen 1996 ASEs for 60+ and they are always snapped up.

I agree with the person above that no ASEs is worth melt........they sell way above melt all the time.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    For those of you who are saying they are worth melt, please let me know when you have them available for sale. I am a buyer at melt. I'll even pay an additional dollar each for them.
  • Options

<< <i>For those of you who are saying they are worth melt, please let me know when you have them available for sale. I am a buyer at melt. I'll even pay an additional dollar each for them. >>

How generous!

They are going on the Bay for a low of $45 and highs that are absurd, close to $100 each.

One roll up for auction and it's at well over $600 with a few days to go.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    My mistake fellas....I didnt realize the mintage of the 1996 was "only" 3,600,000. image I forgot just how RARE these are!image
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    amazing how i agree with most of gecko's posts.

when he said melt.. i know he really meant spot + a few bucks per
    the norm right now.

3,600,000 hehe. tough date. might take me about 4 hours to find
    one to buy ;-) for an ase, that is an ETERNITY.
  • Options
    johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>For those of you who are saying they are worth melt, please let me know when you have them available for sale. I am a buyer at melt. I'll even pay an additional dollar each for them. >>

How generous!

They are going on the Bay for a low of $45 and highs that are absurd, close to $100 each.

One roll up for auction and it's at well over $600 with a few days to go. >>

I know what they go for but some of us here think it's worth melt. Besides, I was just joking.

<< <i>My mistake fellas....I didnt realize the mintage of the 1996 was "only" 3,600,000. image I forgot just how RARE these are!image >>

Who said it was rare? I know you wouldn't pay more than melt for it but that doesn't mean others won't. I'm sure what you meant to say initially that it was worth melt to you. The market, however, thinks otherwise.
  • Options

<< <i>A 1996 in MS63 is worth melt.....even up to 66-67 is prolly still worth only melt. >>

About like those silver Pandas you invest in..... It's just bullion right..... image

How much do you pay for those Pandas again???
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>A 1996 in MS63 is worth melt.....even up to 66-67 is prolly still worth only melt. >>

About like those silver Pandas you invest in..... It's just bullion right..... image

How much do you pay for those Pandas again??? >>

Here is my 1996. I paid $225 for this one, it made a PCGS 69. Oh, by the way, mintage was 8,000 pieces VS. the 1996 ASE's mintage of over 3,600,000. Thats only 450 times more scarce.image

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandas, MS/PF70 eagles $5-$50's, you name it, it's all modern bullion to me, worth what commons melt for. They minted way too many of them over the years.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I just grabbed one off the Bay for $44, nice unc example.

I first called my fav B&M shop and he told me he would pay $75 for them all day long.

He gets $95 to $120 for them at shows and can't keep them in stock.

It's just bullion to me, but I plan on buying a few more. Maybe grab that full roll in a few days if it doesn't go crazy.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Man... what the hell is wrong with you image
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

+1
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How much would you pay for a 1996 Silver Eagle? >>

$15 max.
  • Options

<< <i>Here is my 1996. I paid $225 for this one, it made a PCGS 69. Oh, by the way,
    mintage was 8,000 pieces VS. the 1996 ASE's mintage of over 3,600,000. Thats only 450 times more scarce. >>

That's like saying a commem is rare because it has a mintage of 20,000... Rarity is based on the number of
    people who desire the product in regards to the number available...

It's not to say the 96 Panda isn't a desired coin. But you can't use the same argument in regards to the ASE...

The ratio of ASE collectors to Panda collectors will dispel your "450 times more scarce" argument....

I have been trying to find an affordable 1903-O Morgan dollar.. I can't seem to find one..
    They only minted 4,450,000 of them....image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here is my 1996. I paid $225 for this one, it made a PCGS 69. Oh, by the way,
    mintage was 8,000 pieces VS. the 1996 ASE's mintage of over 3,600,000. Thats only 450 times more scarce. >>

That's like saying a commem is rare because it has a mintage of 20,000... Rarity is based on the number of
    people who desire the product in regards to the number available...

It's not to say the 96 Panda isn't a desired coin. But you can't use the same argument in regards to the ASE...

The ratio of ASE collectors to Panda collectors will dispel your "450 times more scarce" argument....

I have been trying to find an affordable 1903-O Morgan dollar.. I can't seem to find one..
    They only minted 4,450,000 of them....image >>

"I have been trying to find an affordable 1903-O Morgan dollar.. I can't seem to find one..
    They only minted 4,450,000 of them.."

Absolute idiotic analogy. Attrition rates on classic coins such as that particular Morgan are in a completely different ballpark than modern bullion issues. And as far as your 450-1 ratio of WORLDWIDE ASE to Panda collectors, i'd take that bet any day of the week!
  • Options
    If memory serves me correct... You are the one who paid 225 dollars for 1 ounce of silver bullion.....image

I have a friend like you Phil... No matter what you say, he is always correct... In the 24 years as his friend
    I cannot remember a single time he ever agreed with anyone who had a difference of opinion..

He doesn't budge.. Nor will he admit that someone's idea or opinion has as much meaning as his own.
    If Scott is wrong. The world would stop spinning on it's axis....

I bet if I spent this weekend searching your 3776 post... I would find you to be the same type person..

The 96 ASE carries a premium because it is a low mintage ASE for the series... The 96 Panda carries a premium
    because it is a low mintage for it's series...

The Pandas mintage doesn't make it more scarce than the ASE... Because it is a different series all together.

So I guess your idiotic analogy that the Panda series in relation to the ASE series is just as stupid...

But you will never see the point being discussed because of your Phil colored glasses....image
  • Options
    If memory serves me correct... You are the one who paid 225 dollars for 1 ounce of silver bullion.....

Here are a few examples of this "overpriced bullion" you speak of. Its obvious you dont know what you are talking about. Allow me to help you understand.

$1,952.89

$650

$600

$339....kinda looks a little like the coin I posted above, huh?

Its a good thing there arent many panda collectors out there as you assert. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to afford any of the stuff I buy. I mean, almost $2,000 for an ounce of silver??? Imagine if there actually WERE panda collectors in this world!image
  • Options

<< <i>Its a good thing there arent many panda collectors out there as you assert. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to afford any of the stuff I buy. I mean, almost $2,000 for an ounce of silver??? Imagine if there actually WERE panda collectors in this world!image >>

I collect Pandas............ sorry. Have always loved them.

How about a five tr. ounce silver Panda dated 1988? Never seen one before or since I bought it.
  • Options
    I could not imagine that much for a silver eagle or a panda! I'm just trying to buy silver at a decent price and to amass a good sized collection.

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>I could not imagine that much for a silver eagle or a panda! I'm just trying to buy silver at a decent price and to amass a good sized collection. >>

$44 was a good price on that Eagle. I'm bidding on more.

I have no intention of keeping them, just a quick bullion flip.

No, the Panda is NOT for sale. You have a phone message.
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few examples of this "overpriced bullion" you speak of. Its obvious you dont know what you are talking about. Allow me to help you understand

Hey Gecko,

In your 4th link for the 1996 Panda you will see that the seller sold one of the two to a svideo.

That is my coin and I think the price is low at $339. The 96 silver Panda is the best value in the series right now.

Now...I have a sealed mint roll of 96 ASE's. Anybody want to make an offer so I can buy more Pandas.

I'm not slamming the ASE's by any means. It's just that the Pandas make more sense to me because of...

(1) Lower mintages
    (2) Changing designs every year
    (3) An ever increasing interest in the collector base

As the Chinese are becoming more affluent they are collecting Pandas. This is feedback I am getting from contacts
    in China. That is a very large collector base for a limited mintage coin.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options

<< <i>If memory serves me correct... You are the one who paid 225 dollars for 1 ounce of silver bullion.....

Here are a few examples of this "overpriced bullion" you speak of. Its obvious you dont know what you are talking about. Allow me to help you understand.

$1,952.89

$650

$600

Its a good thing there arent many panda collectors out there as you assert. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to afford any of the stuff I buy. I mean, almost $2,000 for an ounce of silver??? Imagine if there actually WERE panda collectors in this world!image >>

Ah Panda I've got a few silver panda left from the early to mid 80's. I remember selling a 1983 for $2000 dollars in about 1986/87 timeframe the 1982 was a grand higher. I'm glad I did because when I was looking at the 1982 in 1999 they were about $300 over melt. This series tends up and will come down hard when the coin runs are over. I've seen it before but they are great looking coins to own.
  • Options
    the 1982 was a grand higher. I'm glad I did because when I was looking at the 1982 in 1999 they were about $300 over melt.

The first year of the Silver Panda was 1983. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options

<< <i>the 1982 was a grand higher. I'm glad I did because when I was looking at the 1982 in 1999 they were about $300 over melt.

The first year of the Silver Panda was 1983. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. >>

Actually those coins were 1 oz gold, I collected some Silver Pandas but they were in the 90's
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If memory serves me correct... You are the one who paid 225 dollars for 1 ounce of silver bullion.....

$1,952.89

$650

$600

Its a good thing there arent many panda collectors out there as you assert. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to afford any of the stuff I buy. I mean, almost $2,000 for an ounce of silver??? Imagine if there actually WERE panda collectors in this world!image >>

Ah Panda I've got a few silver panda left from the early to mid 80's. I remember selling a 1983 for $2000 dollars in about 1986/87 timeframe the 1982 was a grand higher. I'm glad I did because when I was looking at the 1982 in 1999 they were about $300 over melt. This series tends up and will come down hard when the coin runs are over. I've seen it before but they are great looking coins to own. >>

I would wager my ENTIRE collection of gold/silver/platinum pandas that 1983's were NOT selling for anywhere near $2,000 in 1986/87 at a gold spot of around $400. Thats a BS statement, and you know it!
  • Options
    SBeverly,

I agree that the 1996 is seriously undervalued right now. It has the single lowest stated mintage of all 15 of the silver proof pandas, yet ranks about 6th in value. At $339, you did just fine. I bought mine raw about 3 months ago at $225, sent it into PCGS and it now resides in a PR69DCAM tomb.
  • Options
    At $339, you did just fine.

Gecko

Actually I bought it using the live.com 30 % rebate for a total of $237.30

Although I do agree that $339 is a fine price. I almost bought both of them, but
    now that I'm after the Panda Silver Commems I decided not to.
  • Options
    guys, someone needs to assay the pandas, hate to find out if any are fake just like FC's fake Olympic bars! imageimage

• Options

<< <i>At $339, you did just fine.

Gecko

Actually I bought it using the live.com 30 % rebate for a total of $237.30

Although I do agree that $339 is a fine price. I almost bought both of them, but
    now that I'm after the Panda Silver Commems I decided not to. >>

This has become my dilemma as well. There are so many different pandas to collect that my budget does not allow me to stockpile specific dates. I have to settle for just 1 example of each.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

$1,952.89

$650

$600

Ah Panda I've got a few silver panda left from the early to mid 80's. I remember selling a 1983 for $2000 dollars in about 1986/87 timeframe the 1982 was a grand higher. I'm glad I did because when I was looking at the 1982 in 1999 they were about $300 over melt. This series tends up and will come down hard when the coin runs are over. I've seen it before but they are great looking coins to own. >>

I would wager my ENTIRE collection of gold/silver/platinum pandas that 1983's were NOT selling for anywhere near $2,000 in 1986/87 at a gold spot of around $400. Thats a BS statement, and you know it! >>

I can tell you now you weren't in the market back then, really I don't care what you believe it's the truth. And just a warning that this series had a bull market and dropped along with all the other high flyer classics of the day.
  • Options

<< <i>

I can tell you now you weren't in the market back then, really I don't care what you believe it's the truth. And just a warning that this series had a bull market and dropped along with all the other high flyer classics of the day. >>

My guess is you are correct. IIRC he was 6 or 7 then. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I can tell you now you weren't in the market back then, really I don't care what you believe it's the truth. And just a warning that this series had a bull market and dropped along with all the other high flyer classics of the day. >>

My guess is you are correct. IIRC he was 6 or 7 then. image >>

I was 12 in 1987. But do you "have to have been in the market" to know what certain coins sold for in the past? You are wrong, period!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was 12 in 1987. But do you "have to have been in the market" to know what certain coins sold for in the past? You are wrong, period! >>

Well how about a link bud. You don't remember squat, I'm not sure why your calling me a liar but I can tell you one thing you don't know this series at all. Great coins but the $3k for the 82 has been seen before and the 83 I see getting close to it's peak again. All this from someone that thinks ASE are too high, oh brother. These were a very big deal back in the day they were released and high prices followed.
    Limited edition gold coins weren't around back then and you had limited bullion choices too.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I was 12 in 1987. But do you "have to have been in the market" to know what certain coins sold for in the past? You are wrong, period! >>

Well how about a link bud. You don't remember squat, I'm not sure why your calling me a liar but I can tell you one thing you don't know this series at all. Great coins but the $3k for the 82 has been seen before and the 83 I see getting close to it's peak again. All this from someone that thinks ASE are too high, oh brother. These were a very big deal back in the day they were released and high prices followed. >>

Youre right, I dont know this series AT ALL! image Your logic is flawed. You say santa claus exists, then I say he doesnt, and then you ask ME to prove he doesnt? Why dont YOU show us a link where a 1983 1oz gold panda sold for 5 times melt in 1987. You are the one who made that statement, not me. 1982s sell for very high premiums, but 1983s sell for melt + 30-50% in most cases. They have NEVER been considered rare, especially just 4 years after their release! And they have NEVER sold for 5x melt, thats for sure!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Well how about a link bud. You don't remember squat, I'm not sure why your calling me a liar but I can tell you one thing you don't know this series at all. Great coins but the $3k for the 82 has been seen before and the 83 I see getting close to it's peak again. All this from someone that thinks ASE are too high, oh brother. These were a very big deal back in the day they were released and high prices followed. >>

Youre right, I dont know this series AT ALL! image Your logic is flawed. You say santa claus exists, then I say he doesnt, and then you ask ME to prove he doesnt? Why dont YOU show us a link where a 1983 1oz gold panda sold for 5 times melt in 1987. You are the one who made that statement, not me. 1982s sell for very high premiums, but 1983s sell for melt + 30-50% in most cases. They have NEVER been considered rare, especially just 4 years after their release! And they have NEVER sold for 5x melt, thats for sure! >>

Nothing like a 12 year old telling me the coin market when I was an adult buying back then. Wait and see..................Call PandaAmerica that's was the distrubitor back then since Ebay didn't exist and even the Internet for most of the general public which I had back in the late 70's. You couldn't really get them in coin shops either but I'm sure at 12 you remember that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Youre right, I dont know this series AT ALL! image Your logic is flawed. You say santa claus exists, then I say he doesnt, and then you ask ME to prove he doesnt? Why dont YOU show us a link where a 1983 1oz gold panda sold for 5 times melt in 1987. You are the one who made that statement, not me. 1982s sell for very high premiums, but 1983s sell for melt + 30-50% in most cases. They have NEVER been considered rare, especially just 4 years after their release! And they have NEVER sold for 5x melt, thats for sure! >>

Nothing like a 12 year old telling me the coin market when I was an adult buying back then. Wait and see..................Call PandaAmerica that's was the distrubitor back then since Ebay didn't exist and even the Internet for most of the general public which I had back in the late 70's. You couldn't really get them in coin shops either but I'm sure at 12 you remember that. >>

Check out this link. Seems you are QUITE ignorant about this time period, and panda sales.

Average pricing for gold bullion coins in 1987

Particularly notice the part where it states that "On coins such as the Chinese Panda, prized by collectors for their beauty, the premium runs as high as 7% to 8%." And since I dont think you may be smart enough to do the math on your own, 8% premium on a $400 spot = $432.

Any other dramatic lies you want to entertain us with ttown?
  • Options
    Am I missing something Gecko? It says Chinese Panda, not 1983 Chinese panda, I am sure they are talking about the 1986-87 bullion coins in that article.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nothing like a 12 year old telling me the coin market when I was an adult buying back then. Wait and see..................Call PandaAmerica that's was the distrubitor back then since Ebay didn't exist and even the Internet for most of the general public which I had back in the late 70's. You couldn't really get them in coin shops either but I'm sure at 12 you remember that. >>

Check out this link. Seems you are QUITE ignorant about this time period, and panda sales.

Particularly notice the part where it states that "On coins such as the Chinese Panda, prized by collectors for their beauty, the premium runs as high as 7% to 8%." And since I dont think you may be smart enough to do the math on your own, 8% premium on a $400 spot = $432.

Any other dramatic lies you want to entertain us with ttown? >>

Your right just as the piece says the 1987 pandas were right over spot just where they are today. 1982-1984 are the collectables and never were spot back then. And also like I said I guessed 86/87 since I purchased it in 1984 and had it over a year or two but with that price it was gone in a flash. Like most articals it's talking about the current batch of gold coins, it's even talking about the Eagles. I sold my father my 86 and two 87's for spot
  • Options

<< <i>Am I missing something Gecko? It says Chinese Panda, not 1983 Chinese panda, I am sure they are talking about the 1986-87 bullion coins in that article. >>

Where does it say "current year issues" in the article? They also talk of the Mexican 50 peso, and that coin hasnt been made in 50 years. I see no references to specific dates, but there are only 6 gold panda issues as of 1987, and if there was such a large discrepancy between those 6 issues, im fairly certain the article would have pointed this out (as in "pandas sell for 7%-8% premium EXCEPT for the 1982, 1983, and 1984 issues, or HALF of the series thus far). The plain truth is that there were no staggering premiums above melt on gold pandas until fairly recently, with the exception of the 1982 because it was the 1st year of issue, and the lowest mintage gold panda ever.
  • Options

<< <i>SBeverly,

I agree. >>

The Earth has stood still.....gecko109 has agreed with another member....image

ttown-- You can't have a reasonable debate with someone like this.... They know everything about
    anything.. It cracks me up that you are debating a Gold Panda dated 1983.. And he pulls up a story
    on 1987 Gold....

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>SBeverly,

I agree. >>

ttown-- You can't have a reasonable debate with someone like this.... They know everything about
    anything.. It cracks me up that you are debating a Gold Panda dated 1983.. And he pulls up a story
    on 1987 Gold.... >>

Kinda important to cite a story from 1987 since he claims the 1983 was worth 5x melt in 1987 wouldnt you agree? Maybe I should cite a story from 1983 on gold value predictions instead moron.
  • Options
    You need to get off the sauce! Here's the only references to panda's in the whole piece. No mention of the 1983 but I'm sure your right the I'd never remember anything about the best money I ever made off a coin. He didn't talk about the king (82) either or any of the classic gold coins that brought stupid money durning the 80's and haven't been reach yet today. This is a simple gold investment piece for investors.

I guess by your way of thinking Pandas today are worth what any other bullion coin is. They have writeups on gold all the time for investors and they don't mention the valuable Pandas in them. You'd think that would be big news wouldn't you?

While one-ounce varieties are most popular in the U.S., gold coins come in sizes ranging from one-tenth of an ounce to 1.2 ounces. Other popular issues include the Chinese Panda; the Canadian Maple Leaf; the Mexican 50 peso; and the South African Krugerrand,

On coins such as the Chinese Panda, prized by collectors for their beauty, the premium runs as high as 7% to 8%. But because of the limited number of U.S. gold coins and the ferociously high demand for them, the premiums for Eagles are even higher -- 8% to 9% for one-ounce coins and as much as 35% on the scarcer one-tenth- ounce coins
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>SBeverly,

I agree. >>

on 1987 Gold.... >>

Kinda important to cite a story from 1987 since he claims the 1983 was worth 5x melt in 1987 wouldnt you agree? Maybe I should cite a story from 1983 on gold value predictions instead moron. >>

It must suck being you.... Once again you missed the point... The fact you are using a story dated January 1, 1987
    speaks volumes of your understanding....

That would be like me pulling a story dated... January 1, 2008 that said the premium on silver and gold in reference
    to spot price was only 5 to 8 percent.....image

You are trying to tell someone who was buying and selling these in 1987 that he is a liar.. Based on a story you
    googled that was dated the first day, of the first month, in 1987... And you have the nerve to say he is clueless...

You are nothing more than a forum TROLL....... Please choose which applies to you... I am at a loss in deciding....
    I am leading towards CureZone though....

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a genuine skeptic with no hidden agenda. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.
    While sometimes, he may sound like a stupid, uninformed, ignorant poster, do not be deceived! Most trolls are highly intelligent people trying to hide behind a mask of stupidity and/or ignorance! They usually have an agenda. Very few trolls come to CureZone out of pure skepticism.

A CureZone Troll is generally a person who is extremely skeptical of the main forum subject.
    He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A troll will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Any other dramatic lies you want to entertain us with ttown? >>

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>SBeverly,

I agree. >>

on 1987 Gold.... >>

Kinda important to cite a story from 1987 since he claims the 1983 was worth 5x melt in 1987 wouldnt you agree? Maybe I should cite a story from 1983 on gold value predictions instead moron. >>

It must suck being you.... Once again you missed the point... The fact you are using a story dated January 1, 1987
    speaks volumes of your understanding....

That would be like me pulling a story dated... January 1, 2008 that said the premium on silver and gold in reference
    to spot price was only 5 to 8 percent.....image

You are trying to tell someone who was buying and selling these in 1987 that he is a liar.. Based on a story you
    googled that was dated the first day, of the first month, in 1987... And you have the nerve to say he is clueless...

You are nothing more than a forum TROLL....... Please choose which applies to you... I am at a loss in deciding....
    I am leading towards CureZone though....

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a genuine skeptic with no hidden agenda. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.
    While sometimes, he may sound like a stupid, uninformed, ignorant poster, do not be deceived! Most trolls are highly intelligent people trying to hide behind a mask of stupidity and/or ignorance! They usually have an agenda. Very few trolls come to CureZone out of pure skepticism.

A CureZone Troll is generally a person who is extremely skeptical of the main forum subject.
    He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A troll will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion. >>

Ok, so what year do you suggest we use to test the veracity of ttown's statement that IN 1987, a 1983 dated gold panda was selling for $2,000??? Im open to suggestions, lets hear them.image