Home Precious Metals
Options

How much would you pay for a 1996 Silver Eagle?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    This is getting stupid, I'm just it was just an eyewhitness account. You could have checked the panda americal website. They don't mention the 1983 but they do the 1982. Like I said earlier the 82 was 3 grand.

Or if you had read the news in 1982 that China was issuing its first gold Panda coins, you could have bought them for $460 each … and a few years later you could have sold them for about $3,000 each. Hearing news about new coins is like having inside information about a new stock. It enables you to order new coins at "official issue prices" before the public learns about them. And it means that you won't get a "sold out" notice.

PandaAmerica - Have a nice day image
  • Options
    Phil..... You don't have to prove everybody wrong. There will be no article showing what he sold his Panda for..

The point is coins sell for different amounts through out the year.... 1995-W proof being one...

A search of completed listings should show a nice range of realized prices....

No one has to be right or wrong Phil.... Congrats to ttown for getting a nice price... Be thankfull you can get one cheaper..

• Options

<< <i>This is getting stupid, I'm just it was just an eyewhitness account. You could have checked the panda americal website. They don't mention the 1983 but they do the 1982. Like I said earlier the 82 was 3 grand.

Or if you had read the news in 1982 that China was issuing its first gold Panda coins, you could have bought them for $460 each … and a few years later you could have sold them for about $3,000 each. Hearing news about new coins is like having inside information about a new stock. It enables you to order new coins at "official issue prices" before the public learns about them. And it means that you won't get a "sold out" notice.

PandaAmerica - Have a nice day image >>

NO DOUBT that the 1982s have been fetching $3,000 for quite some time. Thats a fact. I just dispute your claim of the 1983 selling for FIVE TIMES melt at any point in its existance, thats all.image

P.S.- I have completed over 25% of the entire gold panda regular issue series so far that includes all dates in all sizes(I have over 60 gold pandas with a total weight of over 14oz). Further, I have complete sets of the silver uncs as well as every 1oz silver proof issued since 1983 (except for the 3 colorized coins of 97,98,and 99). In addition to that, I have 7 or 8 platinum pandas as well. Please dont tell me I "dont know the series".image
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Actually in 1999/2000 timeframe the 1982 was just over a grand. Having money to buy a series doesn't make you any kind of an expept esp. since you don't seem to even know the key years and the ones that sell for near bullion vs those that bring more money. When the coin market comes back to earth again in the future you'll see this pattern repeat itself. Of course who am I to argue with someone that has an interest in them for a couple of years and claim to be an expert.

End of Topic for me.image I'm not sure why I even bothered to help you out from a history standpoint. You can call PandaAmerica and argue with them, I'm sure they don't know more than you either being the US Distributor and all.