Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Fantasy Football League (Season Over)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Due to an amazing performance by Antonio Bryant last night I was able to beat the So. Central Rockcats 128-104 and end the season the league leader!

Which brings us into the finals...

The Meteorites vs Rugby's Marines
    and the
    So. Central Rockcats vs. Wolfbear
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Scores from week 1 of the playoffs after the Sunday day games. Although I'm out of it, thought I'd post the update for those that are still playing:

The Meteorites 124 Rugby's Marines 65

Gator 95 lsutigers1973 90

Wolfbear 85 So. Central Rockcats 71

DZnuts 62 Der Meister 95
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>Scores from week 1 of the playoffs after the Sunday day games. Although I'm out of it, thought I'd post the update for those that are still playing:

The Meteorites 124 Rugby's Marines 65

Gator 95 lsutigers1973 90

Wolfbear 85 So. Central Rockcats 71

DZnuts 62 Der Meister 95 >>

Thanks for the update.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Playoff Final Scores:

The Meteorites 126 - Rugby's Marines 77; So. Central Rockcats 71 - Wolfbear 92 + Philadelphia Defense

So our "Super Bowl" will be: The Meteorites vs. Wolfbear!

Third and fourth place will be decided by: So. Central Rockcts vs. Rugby's Marines

• Options
    After Thursday's night game (FINAL WEEK):

The Meteorites 23 Wolfbear 0

Gator 0 Der Meister 21

lsutigers1973 20 DZnuts 8

Rugby's Marines 0 So. Central Rockcats 0

• Options
    After Sunday Nights game:

The Meteorites 122 Wolfbear 58
    Unless Aaron Rodgers has a video game type game, then the Meteorites are champions of the league

Gator 119 Der Meister 66

lsutigers1973 65 DZnuts 101

Rugby's Marines 53 So. Central Rockcats 96
  • Options
    "Unless Aaron Rodgers has a video game type game, then the Meteorites are champions of the league."

Don't forget I also have Matt Forte left....image

Seriously, it has been a wonderful season. Hope everyone enjoyed it.
  • Options
    What's the cash equivalent of the 2 PSA 10's that I owe someone? I'd rather give them paypal $$ and let them pick what they want rather than me send them something they don't want. image

Mike
  • Options
    "What's the cash equivalent of the 2 PSA 10's that I owe someone?"

It was two $10 PSA 10's...so $20. I will figure ought the who owes who in a minute, with the assumption Donald Lee does not score 44 or more pts. and that Aaron Rogers does not score around 80 pts., which are somewhat safe assumptions.
  • Options
    Never mind, I guess I need all the games to end to know all standings.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

My guys all decided to take yesterday off ... image

Oh well, that's Fantasy Football. Congrats on being our champ Mark! image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Final Standings...and who owes who.

1. The Meteorites
    2. Wolfbear
    3. So. Central Rockcats
    4. Rugby's Marines
    5. Gator
    6. Der Meister
    7. DZnuts
    8. lsutigers
    9. Twin City Phantoms
    10. thenavarro
    11. DES1984
    12. jimq
    13. X-Factor
    14. Fighting Ditka's
    15. Get out of my Trees
    16. Dr J's Ballers

Dr J's Ballers, Get out of my Trees, Fighting Ditka's, X-Factor, jimq and DES1984, owes The Meteorites (12 cards).

thenavarro, Twin City Phantoms and lsutigers, owes Wolfbear (6 cards).

DZnuts and Der Meister, owes So. Central Rockcats (4 cards)

Gator owes Rugby's Marines (2 cards)

If you are not a top four finalist, please contact your corresponding winner.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    I think we should extend prizes to the top 6 from the leagueimageimageimage

Who is So. Central Rockcats?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options

<< <i>Who is So. Central Rockcats? >>

leftofdial
  • Options
    I'm the semi-proud owner of the mighty for a time Rockcats.
    my email is leftofdial@yahoo.com or I can be PM'd at this site too

We all would have liked to win, but the last 2 weeks of our season were weird ones for a LOT of the statistical dynamos. Still, I had an absolute blast playing with/against you guys and I really hope that we can do it again next year.
    Thanks to all of you for all of the entertainment over the past 4 months! Football without the fantasy teams is nowhere near as interesting.

& Congrats to the Meteorites for taking the championship!!

Steve
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I see how this league worked. MeteoriteGuy sets up the league and then kicks all our butts. Thanks for setting up the league I had a blast!! We should deffinetly do it again next year. It might take me a few weeks but I will make sure i get the cards out that I owe. I just don't have a lot of psa 10's sitting around right now.
  • Options
    Payment made via arrangement with Wolfbear.

Take care and Merry Christmas y'all!!

Mike
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Mark and the other winners!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    did i win?? how about 3rd place loser, i dont know nothing about fantasy fb at allimage
    if i can pick guys from 70's, ok, i dontknow anybody anymore except for cadillac and adrian peterson,who is goingto crush everyone,everyplace,everywhere,cause i paid him tooimage
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i dont know nothing about fantasy fb at all >>

Great! We want you in the league next year Randy!!

Edited to add: Actually, now that I think about it . .. . with my luck this year, you would wipe me out anyways. I couldn't beat anyone practically!
  • Options
    I think I have been contacted by 5 of 6 of the losers....I mean fellow players. If you did not finish in the top four, please contact your corresponding pay out person and if you were a top four finalist and someone did not contact you, please let me know.

I have already received prizes from DrJ (Justin), who sent me a couple Steve Young PSA 10's I needed (thanks) and fuj, who Pay Paled (thanks also).

Also, any changes in the FF structure, for next year, you would like to see feel free to discuss. I think making it a PPR helped even the power of WR with RB and QBs. Drew Brees and Matt Forte were still my biggest scorers, despite even drafting WR first. Maybe next year we should make the third WR a flex, that would lessen the need for so many receivers a little.

I think the 16 man format worked well.

• Options
    did i win?
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Since I am too lazy to read the thread, let me know what I need to send and to who or whom.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Since I am too lazy to read the thread, let me know what I need to send and to who or whom. >>

You owe me 8 cards image
  • Options

<< <i>Since I am too lazy to read the thread, let me know what I need to send and to who or whom. >>

2 modern PSA 10's ($20.00) of interest of Wolfbear, to Wolfbear.
  • Options
    Update on who has paid their bets...

Dr J's Ballers = sent two Steve Young PSA 10's
    Get out of my Trees (fuj) = sending cards
    Fighting Ditka's = pay pal'ed
    X-Factor (Jerry W.) = sent a 1989 TT Aikman PSA 10, and a Marino PSA 10 Flair Preview Insert.
    jimq = sent two Steve Young PSA 10's
    DES1984 = sent unopened packs, graded cards
  • Options
    Not sure X-Factor (Jerry W.), PSA user name..any help there? I should not have erased the who's who thing, and perhaps next year we should have a rule that your team name should be the same or similar to your PSA name.

Have not heard from other winners either....did you guys get your prizes?
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Meteorite-
    Already contacted you - see pms. Cards to go out this week. Have you no faith in humanity?
  • Options

<< <i>Meteorite-
    Already contacted you - see pms. Cards to go out this week. Have you no faith in humanity? >>

Didn't mean anything towards you personally at all, please don't take it that way. No one has replied on the thread and I was the commish and just trying to get it all wrapped up.
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Cards sent today.

Peace.
    Jerry
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Got this card today from lsutigers1973.

NOT a PSA 10, image but okay I guess ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I won 3rd place. one of the 2 owners that owes pm'd me today and will be sending soon, the other is more of an unopened guy like me and doesn't have alot of 10's so he is figuring out something. both are regular users and i'm not too worried about things. I would have needed some time too.
    Again, it was great to play with/against you guys and I hope we can do it all over again next year too!