Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Fantasy Football League (Season Over)

Comments

• Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    My vote is to VETO the trade.
  • Options
    For those that can not read before replying:

"Mark, through PM I told you to veto the trade. If you had simply vetoed the trade as I requested, no one would have cared. The fact that O'Sullivan and Scobee are in the trade offered is either an error on my part or Yahoos. They were supposed to be dropped, not traded. There was absolutely no point in posting this in the thread."

Happy Halloween
  • Options

<< <i>For those that can not read before replying:

"Mark, through PM I told you to veto the trade. If you had simply vetoed the trade as I requested, no one would have cared. The fact that O'Sullivan and Scobee are in the trade offered is either an error on my part or Yahoos. They were supposed to be dropped, not traded. There was absolutely no point in posting this in the thread."

Happy Halloween >>

I do think most read that. However, until a majority rule is established, the voting session is still open. If you are a league member, feel free to reply to this thread.

The only other option LSU would be for you to concede any right to trade until Monday, which I can enact through Yahoo. Other then that, what you are asking for is not a Yahoo option.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Mark, PM sent
  • Options
    wow. a 16 team league? thats insane image

If bill throws in photos of him in the tub, will you vote yes on the trade?
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't really know why but the league just vetoed my trade. What's the purpose of having the league if the trades are going to be vetoed? It was a fair trade done in good faith, not like the other one.

I was giving up:

Bobby Engram (hadn't done jack all year and now has a backup QB throwing to him, had one decent week so I thought his trade value might improve a bit)
    Tony Romo (hurt and not coming back until week 11, and since I'm not going to the playoffs, does me no good, will be excellent for a playoff team)
    Fred Jackson (serviceable back thrown in because I'm trading for a back)

And was to receive in exchange:

Anthony Gonzalez (average receiver that can help me in bye weeks)
    Warrick Dunn (average back, slight injury, still supposed to play, better than Justin Fargas whom I wanted to bench)
    Dallas (I have San Francisco so I wanted a D that could make things happen, they give up points, but they have potential to get sacks, int's, etc.)

Oh well, I haven't done anything in this league anyway, have had a few close ones go the other way, but not even worth trying anymore if I can't even make a fair trade. So if y'all are going to do that to me, then I'm going to see if I can find out who voted to veto my trade (might not be an option), and if I play someone that you need to lose, I'm going to play bye players and try to let them win so it will be to your detriment.

I also play in a MSN league that I'm in first in and we let each other trade and don't unduly interfere unless it's obvious collusion. I'll take my ball and go over there. Waa, waa, waa, waa!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Geez and I thought it took me a few weeks to get a handle on Fantasy Baseball...I don't think I'd ever get this.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Just a note the second trade was vetoed on Yahoo....no commish action taken (on either trade).

Mike, I imagine you got caught in the wind of the second trade. I did think that trade was unfavorable to you, but was not collusion. I did receive one message concerning it, but it does surprise me that was vetoed.

Again, hope I did not offend anyone. Sometimes being commish you do things that may annoy some, but I think I handled this completely as I said I would if such things arose and in the best interest of the league, and hope you agree. I see I have several messages, but it will have to wait as I have to cook for my dad and then get in costume to hand out candy. (Full size candy bars because I am cooler then my neighbors).
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options

<< <i>(Full size candy bars because I am cooler then my neighbors). >>

Where do you live?
  • Options
    Just a quick clarification, while I am dissapointed that my trade did not go through, the part about intentionally playing bye players so I would lose, is sarcasm, that's why I put the waa, waa, waa and the crying emotion. Just letting out frustration. I'm not going to intentionally try to lose anything (my team is doing a good enough job on its own!), never even been real good at "letting" my kiddos win kid games image

Mike
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    This is BS that all my trades are being vetoed. Why even have trades? The trade with navarro was done almost a week ago and it gets vetoed a day before the games Come on now that is a joke. It could have been vetoed 5 days ago. Just because you are soar losers and have a crappy team doesn't me you have to take it out on people who know how to play the game.
  • Options
    Yeah!! What he said, I think.
  • Options
    Braylon Edwards has only 72 pts and Tony Romo has 105. This is clearly a mismatch and me must all vetoe these evil doers from cheating and trying to sabatage the league.
  • Options
    Sorry if you're pissed. This whole talk about trades made me reevaluate my roster and made me realize that I could give up a WR if I was willing to roll with Desean Jackson and Donnie Avery in my starting lineup. After I noticed that the trade would not be effective until next weekend(week 10) I PM'd Mike to give him the option to back out since Romo would be back the following week (week 11).
    If there is going to be bad blood over the vetoing of trades, how about we all agree to nix this trade and not allow any further trading for the rest of this season?
  • Options
    Did I win yet?
  • Options
    RE the Romo Trade: --I didn't take the time to see who was on each player's roster and what their strengths/needs were, but at first glance it seemed a little onesided, a little not a lot, and I don't know if that trade was vetoed on it's own merit or if it did get caught up in the mini-storm about the other one.
    And I don't think it's fair that we let it sit out there for so long and then veto it 2 days before the games. If I thought my trade was going through, I might let players pass on the WW that I'd ordinarily be picking up. I don't want to cloud anything further, but maybe the veto'er could specify what they didn't like about it?

• Options
    Sorry - I should have put this in the post above. If it matters to anyone, my team is the Rockcats. And I have a blast playing in this league - 16 teams is so tough!
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry - I should have put this in the post above. If it matters to anyone, my team is the Rockcats. And I have a blast playing in this league - 16 teams is so tough! >>

-
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry - I should have put this in the post above. If it matters to anyone, my team is the Rockcats. And I have a blast playing in this league - 16 teams is so tough! >>

rockcats? There are no teams in our league called the Rockcats? And yes the reason I picked up Carolina was Dallas was being traded in the Romo trade. That is why I was trading Carolina for the Bears def. It wasn't premeditated like everyone thinks.

Yes that really screwed me waiting untill the last minute to Vetoe my trade becuase I cut one of my recievers I was going to start and now he won't clear waivers untill after Sunday.
  • Options
    " RE the Romo Trade: --I didn't take the time to see who was on each player's roster and what their strengths/needs were, but at first glance it seemed a little onesided, a little not a lot, and I don't know if that trade was vetoed on it's own merit or if it did get caught up in the mini-storm about the other one.
    And I don't think it's fair that we let it sit out there for so long and then veto it 2 days before the games. If I thought my trade was going through, I might let players pass on the WW that I'd ordinarily be picking up. I don't want to cloud anything further, but maybe the veto'er could specify what they didn't like about it?"

A single veto'er would not stop a trade. It would take 9 vetos...or at least I think. I do still think that trade got caught up in second trade, which I still don't imagine anyone can say was honestly fair. On the second trade, the rankings shown in the previous page are correct. A #50 rank person is not even close to a #3 player, in fact 4 #50 players do not even equal a lower top 10 player, especially in a 16 man league.

Anyway, if you two would like to appeal the veto on the first trade, I am willing to put it up to a public vote, and make it happen before sunday.

Edit to add: I would also be willing to remove the standard Yahoo waiver period for this week, if others think that would help clear the air.
  • Options

<< <i>I would also be willing to remove the standard Yahoo waiver period for this week, if others think that would help clear the air. >>

Wish you would. I am still stuck without a QB this weekend.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

lsutigers1973 - why not pick up and start Dan Orlovsky?
    I've got him starting in a league where we have to start two QBs.

The Lions will be behind, so he'll have to throw a lot and he's got decent receivers.

Give him a shot. He might win the game for you ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

<< <i>lsutigers1973 - why not pick up and start Dan Orlovsky? >>

I thought I did but he isn't showing on my team or on the pending transaction list. I am willing to trade JT O'Sullivan for the shoe of a healthy QB.
  • Options
    I would be willing to appeal the veto of my trade with jswieton so it could be effective for this weekends games. Is that something done through the fantasy portal, or just post it here?

Once it was vetoed, I made a deal with Fuj I believe to trade Romo for Braylon Edwards. However, if the original trade I made with jswieton could be reinstated, I would prefer that and I don't think Fuj would have any aversion to that as he indicates in his post a couple above this one that he would be willing to allow our trade to back out.

Mike
  • Options
    Alright Mike,

Your appeal has been granted, meaning it will be placed on the floor. Please list the trade for all of us, and then I will open the voting, and include with it in a separate vote, that we move to remove Yahoo waiver standards for this week, ending Monday.

Mark
  • Options
    Mark, all I ask is that I am allowed to pick up Dan Orlwhatever for this Sunday.
  • Options

<< <i>Mark, all I ask is that I am allowed to pick up Dan Orlwhatever for this Sunday. >>

I hear you, I had to pick between Dan Orlwhatever and Seneca Whatever the other day.

I imagine most will consider both appeals fair, however I am reluctant to force it myself for reasons noted. If for any reason, the wave of the waiver till Monday does not pass, I will listen to any appeal from you to open the floor to allow Dan Orlwhatever go through, but I don't imagine it would come to that. I think the moving (in vote) of both the first trade, which it is crazy Yahoo does not do in 3 days like waivers, and the temporary removal of the waiver, should bring a closure that is satisfactory to all parties involved. Both of which I will support.
  • Options

<< <i>Alright Mike,

Your appeal has been granted, meaning it will be placed on the floor. Please list the trade for all of us, and then I will open the voting, and include with it in a separate vote, that we move to remove Yahoo waiver standards for this week, ending Monday.

Mark >>

Mark,

thenavarro was giving up:

Bobby Engram (hadn't done jack all year and now has a backup QB throwing to him, had one decent week so I thought his trade value might improve a bit)
    Tony Romo (hurt and not coming back until at least week 11, and since I'm not going to the playoffs, does me no good to keep him around, I should have traded him two weeks ago and I'd probably have one more win, I have a serviceable QB in Trent Edwards and can get value in trade for Romo, will be excellent for a playoff team)
    Fred Jackson (serviceable back thrown in because I'm trading for a back)

And I was getting from jswieton in exchange:

Anthony Gonzalez (average receiver that can help me in bye weeks)
    Warrick Dunn (average back, slight injury, still supposed to play, better than Justin Fargas whom I wanted to bench)
    Dallas (I have San Francisco so I wanted a D that could make things happen, they give up points, but they have potential to get sacks, int's, etc.)

Thanks for opening it up,

Mike
  • Options
    Looking in Yahoo, Dan Whatever is not on waivers, he is a free agent. So I guess there is no need to temporary remove the waiver rule. LSU, he is there for you to grab and put directly on your bench. I have been doing the candy/card thing and did not check.
  • Options
    I tried that and it says pending transaction. I tried to drop O'Sullivan and get the same message that he is in a pending transaction.
  • Options
    If it says that then the player your are trying to trade for Dan Orwhatever is in the pending transaction....not Dan Orwhatever.

Again, Yahoo does not let me cancel a pending trade or offer, but I think I can remove one of your players and replace it with another. So let me know who you want removed for Dan Orwhatever. Since Dan Orwhatever is a FA, I would have no problem doing such without vote. I do not know if there is an easy way for you to do it. Also appologizies to any Dan Orwhever fans.

• Options
    As league commissioner I am opening up the floor to a vote, basically the reinstatement of a trade denied today. This trade was open for veto for like 5 days before it was rejected and it is my opinion that the trade was rejected because of a previously mentioned second trade, which should have no effect on this trade, or at least I think. As I noted before, when vetoing a trade, you should not ask yourself, is a trade exactly fair for both parties, but rather, is their collusion or proable collusion. Collusion is a trade that unfairly throws the balance of power in a league and is usually done because one side is giving up, best friends with the other side, or something like that. While I am not weighing my opinion on which side is getting the better trade, I do not see collusion in this trade. Any possible collusion I think has been cleared, if for no other reason, Mike is offering the trade, and the trade would give him a better team, if only for the coming week, which he goes against me. I feel quite vunurable without Brees.....but Mike, I think I have your number anyway....(Hey, I have to throw a little smack in this almost legal sounding message).

Bobby Engram
    Tony Romo
    Fred Jackson

Anthony Gonzalez
    Warrick Dunn
    Dallas

The floor will be open for voting for 24 hours.

I vote ACCEPT
  • Options
    PS: You guys are a lot of work. image
  • Options
    I vote to veto just to be an azz.

J/K, whatever it isn't like this is a high dollar league.
  • Options
    I vote Accept to counter LSU (I have vivid memories of sitting in the Super Dome on January 3, 2007 and hearing the words "tiger bait", "tiger bait", over and over and over, by the most annoying drunken chick I've ever met, most of the time, drunken chicks are fun) Also have good memories of sitting in Notre Dame Stadium and wearing them out (LSU, not the drunken chicks) a few years earlier image

Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

I distinctly recall sitting in Independece Stadium while it was sleeting and the wind chill was about 10 degrees watching LSU run all over Notre Dame.
  • Options

<< <i>Mike,

I distinctly recall sitting in Independece Stadium while it was sleeting and the wind chill was about 10 degrees watching LSU run all over Notre Dame. >>

If Independence Stadium is the one in Shreveport, I remember that one as well as I was there too ( I kinda get around to see the Irish). Those weren't bad memories for me though, as there was fun, drunken LSU chicks at that one, instead of loud, obnoxious, drunken LSU chicks in New Orleans! Additionally, I had a lot better time at the Isle of Capri in Shreveport/Bossier, than I did at Harrah's in New Orleans. Was also glad to see the Ron Powlus era wrap up then, even though in hindsight, he was a pretty serviceable QB.

Mike
  • Options
    I guess that explains how bad we are this year. I have to live on memories from December 10 years ago.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess that explains how bad we are this year. I have to live on memories from December 10 years ago. >>

I hear ya, I have to live on memories of winning our last bowl, the Cotton Bowl in 94, but then getting robbed (in my opinion) by losing the national championship to Florida State, whom had the same record and who we had just dispatched two games prior (which I also was at image )

I rue the day David Gordon of BC kicked his career long FG to beat us that year.
  • Options

lsutigers1973 - you got Orlovsky!

You are golden dude ... image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

<< <i>You are golden dude ... >>

You b**ches are lucky I wasn't playing for the first half of the season.
  • Options

<< <i>

You b**ches are lucky I wasn't playing for the first half of the season. >>

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

<< <i>

You b**ches are lucky I wasn't playing for the first half of the season. >>

Very true. The autodraft gave you one of the top three teams. Pretty amazing in a 16 man league.
  • Options
    I vote accept.
  • Options

VETO!

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

<< <i>

Bobby Engram
    Tony Romo
    Fred Jackson

Anthony Gonzalez
    Warrick Dunn
    Dallas >>

I vote to allow this trade. I would also suggest that anyone who votes to allow the trade should also veto the current trade that is pending.
  • Options
    It has been 24 hrs now and the majority vote says to put our trade through.
  • Options
    I say NO, just because I can. image

Edit: That was meant as a joke.
  • Options
    Voting session for "Trade 1" has closed, majority vote has moved to allow the trade. After SNL ends I will log onto Yahoo and figure out how to adjust rosters appropriately.

I believe all concerns have been addressed and will consider all of this behind us.

Good luck this weekend everyone,
    Mark
  • Options

<< <i>Voting session for "Trade 1" has closed, majority vote has moved to allow the trade. After SNL ends I will log onto Yahoo and figure out how to adjust rosters appropriately.

I believe all concerns have been addressed and will consider all of this behind us.

Good luck this weekend everyone,
    Mark >>

Cool, Thanks a lot. Sorry for being a pain in the butt.