Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Fantasy Football League (Season Over)

Comments

• Options
    Why does Yahoo not show the stats? Do you have to actually pay for the stat tracker? If so, someone give us a friggin update.
  • Options
    Yahoo makes you pay extra for the stat tracker. Which blows. Usually the people that buy it have multiple Yahoo leagues or more discretionary income than I do. Sometimes, if everybody is nice, the navarro posts updates after the afternoon games or even the late game is over.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Hear ya go, as of now, enjoy:

thenavarro 61 The Meteorites 78
    (the navarro still has Antwan Randle El, Anthony Gonzales and Wes Welker yet to play, The Meteorites still has Reggie Wayne yet to play)

jimq 96 Rugby's Marines 87
    (Jim q is finished, Rugby's Marines still has Kevin Faulk yet to play)

Dr J's Ballers 61 X-Factor 75
    (Dr J's Ballers has an empty QB slot, and X-Factor still has Joseph Addai and Pittsburgh yet to play)

Gator 92 lsutigers1973 88
    (Gator is finished and LSUTigers1973 still has Clinton Portis yet to play)

Twin City Phantoms 56 Wolfbear 64
    (Twin City Phantoms has 3 bye spots, and Wolfbear still has Santanio Holmes yet to play)

Get out of my Trees 50 So. Central Rockcats 90
    (Get out of my trees still has Chris Cooley yet to play, and So. Central Rockcats still has Jeff Reed yet to play)

Fighting Ditka's 41 Der Meister 64
    (Fighting Ditka's still has Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Heath Miller and Washington yet to play, Der Meister still has Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison and Stephen Gostkowski yet to play)

DZnuts 79 DES1984 45
    (DZnuts still has Adam Vinateiri yet to play and Des1984 still has Matt Cassell, Santana Moss, Dallas Clark and Shawn Suisham yet to play)

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    Yeah, thanks for the points update. In the first two minutes of the Seahawks game Seneca Wallace made a 90 yard TD pass, and then pretty much did nothing the remaining 58 minutes.

Dammn.....Gonzalez just scored.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    What the heck, I think Mike has paid off Manning to throw those TDs to Gonzalez. Not one all year, then both in this game. Admit it Mike, you have an inside track to Manning.

Would you like to appeal your appeal? (jk)
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options

<< <i>What the heck, I think Mike has paid off Manning to throw those TDs to Gonzalez. Not one all year, then both in this game. Admit it Mike, you have an inside track to Manning.

Would you like to appeal your appeal? (jk) >>

Gonzalez was just setting it up so Wayne could get the 2 pt. conversion! Wish NE would start throwing more to Welker like usual.

Mike
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I have played Gonzalez every game and he has produced nothing up to now Pimage. I would like to Veto the trade image
  • Options
    I purchased about 20 of his signed RCs before the Super Bowl. They were pretty cheap, ~$5.00 each, so I figured I had nothing to lose and was hoping that he would be the Super Bowl MVP, and I would make some good money the week following the game. I don't think I lost anything, but it the gamble didn't pay off. Gonzalez like the emergency make a play guy last year it seemed so my thinking wasn't too far out there.
  • Options
    I am getting tired I guess, I was thinking the Pats Gaffney, not Gonzalez.
  • Options
    Scores after Sunday night game:

thenavarro 92 The Meteorites 91
    thenavarro has Antwan Randle El left and The meteorites is finished

jimq 96 Rugby's Marines 101
    Both are finished

Dr J's Ballers 61 X-Factor 81
    Dr J's Ballers has empty QB slot X Factor has Pittsburgh remaining

Gator 92 lsutigers1973 88
    Gator 92 is finished lsutigers1973 has Clinton Portis left

Twin City Phantoms 76 Wolfbear 64
    Twin City Phantoms has 3 bye spots Wolfbear still has Santanio Holmes left

Get out of my Trees still has Chris Cooley left So. Central Rockcats still has Jeff Reed

Fighting Ditka's 41 Der Meister 92
    Fighting Ditka's still has Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Heath Miller, and Washington Der Meister is finished

DZnuts 85 DES1984 63
    DZnuts is finished DES1984 has Santana Moss and Shawn Suisham left
  • Options
    thanks for the Update... lets see if Team Pitts with Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Heath Miller, and Washington left to play can score 51 points.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Scores after Sunday night game:

Get out of my Trees still has Chris Cooley left So. Central Rockcats still has Jeff Reed >>

No problem. I only need Cooley to get about 7 TD's tonight for me to win!
  • Options

jimq 96 Rugby's Marines 101

Jim has to get the award for having the most good to great games and always scoring just under his opponent.

• Options

<< <i>jimq 96 Rugby's Marines 101

Jim has to get the award for having the most good to great games and always scoring just under his opponent. >>

Yup - bad luck there. He woulda beat the Rockcats who are obliterating me.
  • Options
    After the Monday night game:

thenavarro 97 The Meteorites 91

jimq 96 Rugby's Marines 103

Dr J's Ballers 61 X-Factor 101

Gator 92 lsutigers1973 107

Twin City Phantoms 76 Wolfbear 76

Get out of my Trees 65 So. Central Rockcats 95

Fighting Ditka's 72 Der Meister 92

DZnuts 85 DES1984 74

• Options
    Congrats to LSUtigers for high score of the week. Also congrats to thenavarro for his narrow win over my team (damn Anthony Gonzalez), next week I get Brees back and feel much better about from here down the stretch. Also congrats to So. Central Rockcats for finally pulling out ahead of the pack, with 5 games to go and a 3 game lead over 5th place, the Rockcats are surely playoff bound. Now if I can pull off a couple wins this next two weeks, I can join him with an easy coast to the finish line.

All teams without losing records after week 9:

1. So. Central Rockcats 8-1 956
    2. The Meteorites 7-2 908
    3. DZnuts 7-2 907
    4. Rugby's Marines 6-3 885
    5. lsutigers1973 5-3 830
    6. Gator 5-4 1022
    7. DES1984 5-4 894
    8. Der Meister 5-4 829
    9. Wolfbear 4-4-1 928
    10. Twin City Phantoms 4-4-1 712

Games to keep an eye on for Week 10: #4 Rugby's Marines vs #6 Gator, #1 So. Central Rockcats vs #3 DZnuts and #7 DES1984 vs #8 Der Meister.

It is interesting to note, that thenavarro would not have beaten me this week, if not for "Trade #1"

• Options
    Here are the current scores after the Sunday afternoon games:

thenavarro 103 jimq 106
    thenavarro still has Kevin Curtis and Derrick Ward left to play, jimq is finished with his players

The Meteorites 84 Get out of my Trees 19
    themeteorites still has Reggie Brown and John Carney, Get out of my Trees still has Kurt Warner, Plexico Burress, Desean Jackson, Frank Gore, Neil Rackers, and Correll Buckhalter

Dr J's Ballers 75 Rugby's Marines 87
    Dr J's Ballers still has Anquan Boldin, DeShaun Foster, and David Akers Rugby's Marines still has Amani Toomer

Gator 94 X-Factor 55
    Gator still has Brandon Jacobs and Brian Westbrook, X-Factor still has Donovan McNabb

Twin City Phantoms 74 lsutigers1973 36
    Twin City Phantoms has 3 BYE positions and Steve Smith left, lsutigers1973 has Hank Baskett and Edgerrin James left

Wolfbear 84 DES1984 40
    Wolfbear is done and DES1984 still has one BYE position, Arnaz Battle, Joe Nedney and Arizona left

Fighting Ditka's 139 So. Central Rockcats 23
    Fighting Ditka's mercifully is done and So. Central Rockcats still has Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Isaac Bruce, Tim Hightower

DZnuts 62 Der Meister 72
    DZnuts has Kevin Boss left and Der Meister has Vernon Davis and NY Giants left

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    congrats mike - mcgahee and gonzalez had great games at the right time!
  • Options
    I came into today with a 50 pt. lead and I think I barely made it by. Note, Gore lost a yard at the end (while not making it in the end zone) and just a little earlier in the quarter the Warner 2-pt conversion would have tied it, or at least I thought. I had given Warner an extra point.

My computer was down the last few days, and while I could sign on my dad's to check things, I missed the pre-noon (central time) reports for Sunday, otherwise I would have had Moore in and would have felt much better going into today. I bet Parker must be driving his FF owners crazy right now.

K. Warner 328 yards = 13 + 3 TD's = 12; Total = 25
    Frank Gore 99 yards, 1 rec. for 6 = 10
    AZ Kicker Rackers: 3 FG, 2 EP = 11

46...needed 50 to tie me.

There were so many chances for my defeat, it almost seemed a sure thing. Could I get someone to post an update of all scores so I dont have to wait to 3 am?
  • Options
    Dang it Mark - if only Gore got that extra 6 inches at the end to score the TD. You got me by 4 pts! Here's all the scores:

Metiorites 97
    Trees 93

jimq 106
    thenavarro 124

Dr J 111
    Rugby 97

Gator 124
    XFactor 75

Twin City 76
    lsutigers 43

Wolfbear 84
    DES1984 53

Ditkas 139
    Rockcats 66

DZnuts 80
    DerMeister 83

• Options
    Man my team rocks. Highest score last week and lowest score this week. Jay Cutler had more points than my entire team this week.
  • Options
    The Ditka's finally had a good week! (thanks who ever dropped the Jets Def)
  • Options
    1. So. Central Rockcats 8-2 1022
    2. The Meteorites 8-2 1005
    3. DZnuts 7-3 987
    4. Gator 6-4 1146
    5. Rugby's Marines 6-4 982
    6. Der Meister 6-4 912
    7. Wolfbear 5-4-1 1012
    8. lsutigers1973 5-4-1 873
    9. Twin City Phantoms 5-4-1 788

4 weeks to go to playoffs. Congrats to the Fighting Ditka's for his season high 139 pts. and upset over the #1 Rockcats. Congrats also to Der Meister for his victory over #3 DZnuts and to Dr. J. Ballers won got his first win of the season in another upset over Rugby's Marines. With my victory over Get out of my Trees, I was able to tie the Rockcats in wins and hope to be fighting for the top position next week.

Interestingly league notes: Gator has won 3 of his last four games and continues to rack up pts., and is now 100 pts. over the second pt. leader, which interestingly is Get out of my Trees at 12th place. He is also over 150 pts. ahead of 5th place Rugby's Marines.

With four weeks to go, I will do what I did two weeks ago and peek into the possible future. Again, pretending the top four teams will split their wins-losses, and this time, taking on the motion they will average 90 pts. a game.

That would leave the leaders with:

1. So. Central Rockcats 10-4 1382
    2. The Meteorites 10-4 1365
    3. DZnuts 9-5 1347
    4. Gator 8-6 1506

What this shows this time, is that 9 wins are likely going to be needed to secure a playoff position, which is pretty much what the break down was pointing to last time. Also a #5-#9 would likely have to average 125 pts. over the next four games, not an easy task to knock Gator off #4 postion, however, I have a gut feeling that won't matter as I can see Gator finishing higher then 4th.
    _____

A couple big games to watch in Week 11: #4 Gator vs #5 Rugby's Marines and #1 So. Central Rockcats vs #3 DZnuts.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options

<< <i>1. So. Central Rockcats 8-2 1022
    2. The Meteorites 8-2 1005
    3. DZnuts 7-3 987
    4. Gator 6-4 1146
    5. Rugby's Marines 6-4 982
    6. Der Meister 6-4 912
    7. Wolfbear 5-4-1 1012
    8. lsutigers1973 5-4-1 873
    9. Twin City Phantoms 5-4-1 788

4 weeks to go to playoffs. Congrats to the Fighting Ditka's for his season high 139 pts. and upset over the #1 Rockcats. Congrats also to Der Meister for his victory over #3 DZnuts and to Dr. J. Ballers won got his first win of the season in another upset over Rugby's Marines. With my victory over Get out of my Trees, I was able to tie the Rockcats in wins and hope to be fighting for the top position next week.

Interestingly league notes: Gator has won 3 of his last four games and continues to rack up pts., and is now 100 pts. over the second pt. leader, which interestingly is Get out of my Trees at 12th place. He is also over 150 pts. ahead of 5th place Rugby's Marines.

With four weeks to go, I will do what I did two weeks ago and peek into the possible future. Again, pretending the top four teams will split their wins-losses, and this time, taking on the motion they will average 90 pts. a game.

That would leave the leaders with:

1. So. Central Rockcats 10-4 1382
    2. The Meteorites 10-4 1365
    3. DZnuts 9-5 1347
    4. Gator 8-6 1506

What this shows this time, is that 9 wins are likely going to be needed to secure a playoff position, which is pretty much what the break down was pointing to last time. Also a #5-#9 would likely have to average 125 pts. over the next four games, not an easy task to knock Gator off #4 postion, however, I have a gut feeling that won't matter as I can see Gator finishing higher then 4th.
    _____

A couple big games to watch in Week 11: #4 Gator vs #5 Rugby's Marines and #1 So. Central Rockcats vs #3 DZnuts.

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

Glad I could help you jump into a tie for 1st! The Ditka's will continue to fight till the end image
  • Options
    Scoring after the afternoon games, if you want to know who has who left just go the league page on Yahoo and look it up:

thenavarro 54 Dr J's Ballers 80

The Meteorites 82 Fighting Ditka's 64

jimq 139 Get out of my Trees 99

Gator 64 Rugby's Marines 95

Twin City Phantoms 91 X-Factor 113

Wolfbear 80 lsutigers1973 39

DZnuts 83 So. Central Rockcats 78

Der Meister 110 DES1984 68
  • Options
    Here are the scores PRIOR to the Monday night game:

thenavarro 66 Dr J's Ballers 80
    jimq 139 Get out of my Trees 110
    Gator 64 Rugby's Marines 105
    Wolfbear 80 lsutigers1973 45
    DZnuts 95 So. Central Rockcats 104
    Der Meister 110 DES1984 75
  • Options
    Final scores for week 11

thenavarro 96 Dr J's Ballers 80

jimq 139 Get out of my Trees 128

Gator 64 Rugby's Marines 112

Wolfbear 118 lsutigers1973 45

DZnuts 95 So. Central Rockcats 104

Der Meister 110 DES1984 75

• Options
    Scores for Week 12 after the Sunday night game:

thenavarro 147 Gator 97

The Meteorites 54 DZnuts 62

jimq 59 Fighting Ditka's 79

Dr J's Ballers 102 Get out of my Trees 86

Twin City Phantoms 82 Rugby's Marines 108

Wolfbear 90 X-Factor 57

lsutigers1973 99 DES1984 80

Der Meister 152 So. Central Rockcats 100

• Options
    The downward sprial continues - just took my 6th straight loss.

Mike: Nice win with a HUGE week of production!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Tomarrow is a huge game for both me and Meteorite. I am up 8 pts going into the game with Greg Jennings left and some no name rb who is suposed to get a few touches. My oponent has Drew Breeze and Shocky. I would imagine the game will come down to a couple of points or a last second play. It should be a fun game to watch.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Driver has a sore knee and spent all of last week in Houston with his dad, so it's possible that Jennings sees the ball more than usual tonite. I have Driver and need some points image

Should be a good game tonite.
  • Options
    The race for 4th just got tighter!!!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Just moved ahead of DZnuts into 5th place. Thanks Meteorites ... image

Nobody above me can aford to stumble because I'm on a roll ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Final scores after Monday night game:

thenavarro 147 Gator 97

The Meteorites 92 DZnuts 86

jimq 95 Fighting Ditka's 79

Dr J's Ballers 112 Get out of my Trees 86

Twin City Phantoms 82 Rugby's Marines 108

Wolfbear 112 X-Factor 72

lsutigers1973 99 DES1984 87

Der Meister 152 So. Central Rockcats 100
  • Options
    Week 13 final scores:

thenavarro 82 Twin City Phantoms 50

The Meteorites 85 Der Meister 76

jimq 100 DZnuts 149

Dr J's Ballers 85 Fighting Ditka's 84

Gator 124 Get out of my Trees 99

Wolfbear 105 Rugby's Marines 83

lsutigers1973 73 X-Factor 118

So. Central Rockcats 128 DES1984 37

• Options
    I'm quitting the hobby
  • Options
    Final week coming up, the So. Central Rockcats clinched a playoff spot this week, while I clinched a spot last week, leaving two playoff spots open, and open they are. We battle it out for top playoff seed next week.

4 of the teams have 8 wins, Wolfbear with 8 wins and a tie, and has managed to pull in the 3rd place position, his previous tie makes him the most likely to make the playoffs of the 5 teams that could make the final two positions.

Gator is the one 7 win team on the edge. Gator has the league high 1432 pts., so he needs a win, and needs three of the four 8 win teams to lose.
  • Options
    Just tell me who to ship cards to and get me out of my misery.
  • Options
    Here are the scores after tonights game. I need a 22 point performance out of Warrick Dunn tomorrow night to beat Wolfbear and that will put me into the consolation bracket of the playoffs (the Cowboys hurt me with their final 5 minute debacle, they dropped 5 of my points in that span, if I get 21 points out of Dunn, that will get me a tie in the game and tie with LSUtigers1973 for the season and I'll win the tiebreaker if its points scored). If Der Meister gets 6 points from his TE tomorrow, AND I get 22 from Dunn, then I think Wolfbear will drop from the top 4 and land a slot in the consolation brackets, and Der Meister will take Wolfbear's slot in the top 4. GO WARRICK GO!!! Ended up being a fun season for me after starting 1-7

thenavarro 97 Wolfbear 118

The Meteorites 87 So. Central Rockcats 104

jimq 87 Der Meister 82

Dr J's Ballers 89 DZnuts 90

Gator 124 Fighting Ditka's 60

Twin City Phantoms 68 Get out of my Trees 73

lsutigers1973 70 Rugby's Marines 83

X-Factor 81 DES1984 130
  • Options
    "...Ended up being a fun season for me after starting 1-7."

After that trade, and you went against me you, have really tore it up.
  • Options
    I was 5-3-1 until I decided to actually sign in and adjust my team. Only won one game after that. Thinking I maybe should have just left it alone.
  • Options
    just let me know to who and when to send the cards out!

Fun year... I should have checked the scoring rules before we drafted - I didn't know WR played such an important role (1 point for each catch adds up fast) - in most of my other leagues RB are more important.
  • Options

<< <i>Here are the scores after tonights game. I need a 22 point performance out of Warrick Dunn tomorrow night to beat Wolfbear and that will put me into the consolation bracket of the playoffs (the Cowboys hurt me with their final 5 minute debacle, they dropped 5 of my points in that span, if I get 21 points out of Dunn, that will get me a tie in the game and tie with LSUtigers1973 for the season and I'll win the tiebreaker if its points scored). If Der Meister gets 6 points from his TE tomorrow, AND I get 22 from Dunn, then I think Wolfbear will drop from the top 4 and land a slot in the consolation brackets, and Der Meister will take Wolfbear's slot in the top 4. GO WARRICK GO!!! Ended up being a fun season for me after starting 1-7

thenavarro 97 Wolfbear 118

The Meteorites 87 So. Central Rockcats 104

jimq 87 Der Meister 82

Dr J's Ballers 89 DZnuts 90

Gator 124 Fighting Ditka's 60

Twin City Phantoms 68 Get out of my Trees 73

lsutigers1973 70 Rugby's Marines 83

X-Factor 81 DES1984 130 >>

Go Warrick go! Go Alex Smith Go!

Looking bleak for me for the playoffs, if it doesn't happen, it was a fun run!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options

<< <i> ... if I get 21 points out of Dunn, that will get me a tie in the game and tie with LSUtigers1973 for the season and I'll win the tiebreaker if its points scored). If Der Meister gets 6 points from his TE tomorrow, AND I get 22 from Dunn, then I think Wolfbear will drop from the top 4 and land a slot in the consolation brackets, and Der Meister will take Wolfbear's slot in the top 4. GO WARRICK GO!!! ... >>

When this week is over, I'll be 2nd in points scored for the season.
    Would hate to miss the playoffs by half a game after putting up such big numbers all year.

Dunn please be done.

Gruden said he was going to try and get Cadillac Williams more involved this week. Great idea ... image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options

At halftime, it looks like the 'Cadillac' has four blown tires plus a fumble every touch!

Whatever ... if Chuckie wants to go with him, and it keeps Dunn out of the game, who am I to argue? image

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Yeah, Warrick is not getting a lot of touches. I need him to break a long one for a TD and get more touches in the 2nd half. I was irked when they had the ball 1st and goal at the 2 and he didn't get a TD.

30 more minutes. Come'on Warrick!
  • Options

TD Caddy ... image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Congrats Wolfbear, I made some poor decisions this week that cost me.

Mike
  • Options

You put up a great fight ... had me worried all the way ... for real!

Great opponent ... my hand goes out to you ... image
    Pix of 'My Kids'