Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Fantasy Football League (Season Over)

Just starting a PSA Fantasy Football League for 16 teams. 15 other teams needed. If you are interested in joining, pm me and I will send you a link.

Cost to join is free on Yahoo, but I figured each team that does not finish in the top 4 could pony up two modern $10 PSA 10 cards of interest to the winners.

The top 4 would not pay out, so that would make 12 teams giving 2 cards, 24 cards, which could be split: 1st place = 12 cards, 2nd place = 6 cards, 3rd place - 4 cards and 4th place 2 cards.

These numbers could be adjusted by group vote.

Rules are standard Yahoo with a couple changes. I added 1 pt. for passing reception and added an extra point loss for interception (-1 to -2). All point things are viewable before you join.

Anyway, pm for a link.

Live Draft: Saturday, August 23, 2008 12 noon

Clear Skies,
Mark

League is full.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Count me in..... PM sent
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Count me in too
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    nam and i would like to join.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    that was a joke.
  • Options
    I got it don't worry. Count me in
  • Options
    If Gary, Gary and Gary are in, I am in, unless I'm Gary too. How many Gary's are allowed.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    That's right, I forgot Argon is Gary....Argon is/will be booted.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I'd be happy to go in halfsies with someone if the other party would be willing to draft the team, manage it, etc.
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    In all seriousness, yes I am in as long as Lee and Nick don't get on a team together image
  • Options
    GatorGator Posts: 210
    I would like in.
  • Options
    I'd like to be in but don't really have any cheap $10 PSA cards......Mine are all REALLY expensive. Kidding but not, could I donate some other cards that would equate to $10 raw?
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to be in but don't really have any cheap $10 PSA cards......Mine are all REALLY expensive. Kidding but not, could I donate some other cards that would equate to $10 raw? >>

I think it is best to keep it with PSA cards, as this is a PSA board, and half have already signed up under that. $10 PSA cards can easily be found on eBay and unless you have a pretty large inventory, if you lose, you likely should buy for the person.

Here is how I see this. Lets say I win. Well, I like 90s football HOFers. You can find 100's on ebay for around $10. I would request something like that, preferably some Steve Young or Marcus Allen.

Now, lets say Jim wins and he likes the Red Sox, especially Manny, even though he is no longer a Sox and I come in 7th. I would purchase a couple Manny PSA 10s on eBay, or maybe one Manny and a say, 2006 Topps Red Sox Team card if I could find one. (To be honest I have about 5-6,000 modern PSA 10s so it is likely I would have a couple cards here).

I am not saying that is what you should do exactly, but we are only talking a couple cards the price of a blaster box.

An option I imagine to anyone could be a Pay Pal/eBay gift certificate.

Anyway, this is all for fun, don't expect a lot if you win, be cool if you lose.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    I registered
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I would like to play. PM sent for link

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I would like to play. PM sent
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Please count me in if there is still space. PM sent. Thanks!
  • Options
    I can't wait to win those psa10's image
  • Options
    count me in... Fantasy sports and psa cards... 2 great things!

Ebay has lots of modern psa $10 cards... if you need to go shopping!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    if you have room I'm in.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    I'm in.
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    I'll play if there's a spot!
  • Options
    Alright, I believe that is 16 people. If you have not registered, please do with the next 24 hours. If anyone would like to be a back-up in case everyone doesn't sign up, feel free to reply and note such.

I was asked what time zone the draft was and to that I am not sure other then Yahoo time. There is a timer linked through the web page that is counting down.

Be sure to read Yahoo rules on waivers and trades. There is no trade limit, although there are no trades after Nov. 20th...or something like that...it is noted on Yahoo. If I remember right from last year, it picks our draft order like an hour or 30 min. before draft and is shown on the draft page.

Can't wait for football to start......now for me to find a money league to join.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    Just signed up!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    Just a little note that the league is full and all teams are signed up.

As commissioner I almost feel like saying something about Bret Favre, but I will leave that to witty sports announcers.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to all, see you in the playoffs.

Clear Skies.
    Mark
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that the draft is this weekend.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    I actually won last year in the 2nd PSA league and not a single person contacted me about sending me a single card. Not a big deal, but I had lots ready to give to the people that finished behind me because I thought the top 3 get prizes. I will join this year's league as well, I think with Tony Romo as my quarterback I can possibly do pretty good again. I got so lucky last year, I've never even finished in the top 5 of any fantasy league - I had Romo, Peterson, and Moss. Anyways, it was fun and I will gladly join. Thanks!

- Joe
  • Options
    I'm in
    -Rome is Burning

• Options

<< <i>I actually won last year in the 2nd PSA league and not a single person contacted me about sending me a single card. Not a big deal, but I had lots ready to give to the people that finished behind me because I thought the top 3 get prizes. I will join this year's league as well, I think with Tony Romo as my quarterback I can possibly do pretty good again. I got so lucky last year, I've never even finished in the top 5 of any fantasy league - I had Romo, Peterson, and Moss. Anyways, it was fun and I will gladly join. Thanks!

- Joe >>

Hopefully this doesn't happen this year. We should come up with a system that states exactly which place you finish in will recieve cards from a coresponding rank. For example if you are are in first place you will recieve cards from 16th,15th,14th, and 13th place. Secondplace will recieve cards from 12th, 11th, and 10th place, and so on. This will illiminate any confussion.
  • Options
    I need someone to take my spot. I will be unavailable for draft tomorrow.
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Put'er on auto pick.
  • Options
    Draft is in less then 2 hrs. If you are unable to attend it will auto pick for you. You can also adjust the picks ahead of time.

GL everyone,
    Mark
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I'll be picking 13th. image

That's my lucky number!
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    and with the 8th pick in the 2008 PSA Fantasy Football draft, thenavarro picks .....................................
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble getting into the draft screen? I was in earlier, got booted out and cannot get back in
  • Options
    NM
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I had to work and was delivering mail while trying to stay online. Didn't work so autopick did all my drafting.

Nobody needs my address to send cards to.

QB Derek Anderson
    WR Donald Driver
    WR Dwayne Bowe
    WR Jordy Nelson
    RB LaDainian Tomlinson
    RB Darren McFadden
    TE Dustin Keller

K Mason Crosby
    DEF Green Bay

BN Ricky Williams
    J.T. O'Sullivan
    James Hardy
    Brandon Manumaleuna
    Aaron Stecker
    Philadelphia

Ricky is a contingency in case McFadden isn't what I hope he is.
    Manumaleuna is a contingency in case Gates stays hurt.
    The Packers are homer picks.

Favre used to love the TE in the end zone, I'm hoping Keller is the guy. Favre lost some confidence in Bubba last year or 2.

Overall not quite what I was hoping for, but looking forward to the season. Thanks again to Mark for setting this up. In week 1 Mark gets his first win!
  • Options
    You should finish above me. When Romo went early it screwed my whole thinking up. I was thinking there was a chance to grap TO in the first and then Romo with the early second pick.
  • Options
    Leiascards

Id be happy to trade you Romo for some HOF signed rookies image

Mike (just kidding with ya)
  • Options
    I have never played with so many teams before. It made the draft interesting. All in all, I am pretty happy with the outcome even though my RB's are pretty week. I will Trade Brady for some psa brady Rc's image
  • Options
    I look at my team and wonder what I was thinking about as I clicked the "Draft" button.
    I think I have a good team if it was 3 years ago! Drew Bennet, Brandon Stokley, and Isaac Bruce. Plus I thought Josh brown kicked for Seattle, not STL
    16 teams should be fun- Can't wait for the season to start
  • Options
    16 teams defintly made it interesting. I drafted Shaun Alexander late in the game just hoping he signs somewhere and makes a decent impact. I also have 4 rookies on my team.
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with my team.
  • Options
    WTF was the autodraft thinking!?!? My best player is Clinton Portis!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WTF was the autodraft thinking!?!? My best player is Clinton Portis! >>

HaHa image
  • Options
    did LMM draft Emmit?
  • Options
    ...and I got a retired kicker and two receivers that are older than me.
  • Options

<< <i>WTF was the autodraft thinking!?!? My best player is Clinton Portis! >>

• Options
    Please do not lauch at my pain. My real fantasy league draft I did Friday night went almost as bad.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>did LMM draft Emmit? >>

lol

You spelled emmitt, emmit.

This is your first warning