Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levi's 501

couldn't resist.

This thread will be around for a while.

Ren
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if the price of silver jumps to 25 you guys can break even. image
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This guy must of got the lucky box Link!! >>

These coins are his only numismatic items...He doesn't realize he's single handedly knocking the price down on these by competing so actively with himself. I mention this not for the sellers but for the buyers. I don't know what the future will bring for these coins but this guy will create a short term dip. --jerry >>

Yes, but the number of coins will be cut in half by the end of the day.

• Are these posted with BINs or are they one day auctions? I can't see them at work.
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Does it seem like eons ago when THIS was posted?
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    To think that was just 2 weeks ago and now there's a frenzy to get these...me included!
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>Does it seem like eons ago when THIS was posted? >>

That was a fun thread, even if it got confusing at times image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

• << <i>These coins are his only numismatic items...He doesn't realize he's single handedly knocking the price down on these by competing so actively with himself. I mention this not for the sellers but for the buyers. I don't know what the future will bring for these coins but this guy will create a short term dip. --jerry >> >>

Don't you think it weird that this guy has been selling them for the past few days (singles, and groups of 2,3,5) and he still has 72 for sale????? Does he fit the picture of a volume buyer to you or just a lucky guy that decided to place an order for a few hundred ASE' on a whim?? Oh yeah...as far as Ebay lets me see he has never BOUGHT OR SOLD a coin on ebay (1594 feedback)

<< <i>

<< <i>These coins are his only numismatic items...He doesn't realize he's single handedly knocking the price down on these by competing so actively with himself. I mention this not for the sellers but for the buyers. I don't know what the future will bring for these coins but this guy will create a short term dip. --jerry >> >>

Don't you think it weird that this guy has been selling them for the past few days (singles, and groups of 2,3,5) and he still has 72 for sale????? Does he fit the picture of a volume buyer to you or just a lucky guy that decided to place an order for a few hundred ASE' on a whim?? Oh yeah...as far as Ebay lets me see he has never BOUGHT OR SOLD a coin on ebay (1594 feedback) >>

He may be a helping someone who doesn't have an ebay account.

Ren
  • I do not think it was random either! A few here and there to throw things off...but these were placed in the hands of someone or someone's....who works at the mint!

Who would suspect Appleton, Wisc.! Up in the middle of no where!

Maybe they were peived off they didn't get any of the extra lief Wisconsin quarters...huh! They were found in Arizona, Tucson I beleive.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since others have mentioned there inventory positions here on this thread...

I have (60) NGC MS69 and MS70 ER coins available today at below (current) market levels, which I am wholesaling out in lots of (10) or more in each grade tier. Come and get them - no back orders here!

Wondercoin image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    you people are nuts to spend that kind of $, unless of course some are guaranteed ms70's image and yes, my 1 08W eagle is the normal '08 image
  • My group of 2008 rev of 2007 NGC MS69's $119ea came today from ModernCoinMart and I must say that they are very nice professional dealers. I also like the miniature zip lock bags. I will do business again!
  • mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

couldn't resist.

This thread will be around for a while.

I never would have thought image

Have a good one!!!
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    Ren

You may want to fix your quote "Spain was obtained from Florida in 1821". Should be Florida was obtained from Spain. You don't have your PM turned on.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ren

You may want to fix your quote "Spain was obtained from Florida in 1821". Should be Florida was obtained from Spain. You don't have your PM turned on. >>

Ren is quoting directly from an album that is wrong. Read his whole signature.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>Ren

You may want to fix your quote "Spain was obtained from Florida in 1821". Should be Florida was obtained from Spain. You don't have your PM turned on. >>

pf70

First of all, thank you for reading the whole blurb. I didn't make the mistake, Dansco made the mistake...it's taken directly from the album. There are number "gems" in that particular album, but that's a whole other story. Remember my "Dansco" thread from last year?

Ren
  • Hi
    I went through my 100 coin delivery today. 100 shipped 4/24 ---ALL 2008 w and NO 2007 reverses.
    I also noticed that the previous week when i got my shipment of 5 2007 reverses the label was on the outside - side edge of the box. ALL GONE !
    i bought 5 from the mint (just got lucky and another 8 for 1600.00 - all raw I am sending them (all 12 to PCGS for grading and variety labeling.

I think these will be a good long term investment.
    That just my guess. we will have to see.
    I pulled the 20 nicest looking ASE's out for grading and I am sending back 80 - I think the nibtage will be too hight to be worth hanging on to any that are not TOP SHELF............ I see that everyone else is in the same boat.

Just a few lucky buyers...

<< <i>Living on Love! >>

Good luck to all and thanks for the posts image
    J Macs COINS n Collectibles
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi
    I went through my 100 coin delivery today. 100 shipped 4/24 ---ALL 2008 w and NO 2007 reverses.
    I also noticed that the previous week when i got my shipment of 5 2007 reverses the label was on the outside - side edge of the box. ALL GONE !
    i bought 5 from the mint (just got lucky and another 8 for 1600.00 - all raw I am sending them (all 12 to PCGS for grading and variety labeling.

I think these will be a good long term investment.
    That just my guess. we will have to see.
    I pulled the 20 nicest looking ASE's out for grading and I am sending back 80 - I think the nibtage will be too hight to be worth hanging on to any that are not TOP SHELF............ I see that everyone else is in the same boat.

Just a few lucky buyers...

<< <i>Living on Love! >>

Good luck to all and thanks for the posts image >>

Ah....another one.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

So no one really wants the '08/rev.'08.
    They mostly get sent back to the Mint and at years end the sales come in at under 230k,
    and it becomes a $$$ hunk of Ag that everyone's trying get more of to flip. image

What a hobby! image

<< <i>So no one really wants the '08/rev.'08.
    They mostly get sent back to the Mint and at years end the sales come in at under 230k,
    and it becomes a $$$ hunk of Ag that everyone's trying get more of to flip. image

What a hobby! image >>

Well, it's legal, but I personally find buying coins, checking them for varieties, and then sending them back to be very tacky.
    MOO
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>So no one really wants the '08/rev.'08.

What a hobby! image >>

I could'nt have said that any better John.

Have a Good one!!! image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • so i have a sealed box of 12 that was delivered today......

did anybody get an order delivered today get 07 reverses?

i`m thinking all have already been found?

open it or throw it in the back of my closet?

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>so i have a sealed box of 12 that was delivered today......

did anybody get an order delivered today get 07 reverses?

i`m thinking all have already been found?

open it or throw it in the back of my closet? >>

IMO there is no reason not to open it given the First StrikeSM deadline has passed.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    Well, it's legal, but I personally find buying coins, checking them for varieties, and then sending them back to be very tacky.

edited to add..........to each his own..
  • Will any of these 08 Reverse get a "blue lable" or all First Strikes, seems that the mint only let these guys out in the first 30 days? or am i wrong.

• ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    first post,ordered one with other items 4/19,shipped4/22,recieved today and got lucky!
    figglehorn
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>first post,ordered one with other items 4/19,shipped4/22,recieved today and got lucky! >>

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    thanks--you guys are the best when it comes to coin info.
    figglehorn
    ClosedLoop

congrats on your good fortune and image
    so i have a sealed box of 12 that was delivered today......

open it or throw it in the back of my closet?

The question is . . . How long can you leave it there,
    with the unknown gnawing at your very core,
    until you become totally mad and a stark raving lunatic. imageimage

O P E N I T ! image

Regards,

John
    coinman420

The suspense is killing me...........let..ur...rip...blast it open........go for it ......pull the trigger.....damm it man!
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    they are still mixed in ....guys

recd orders today with 07 reverses
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Don't be shy, what did you get? More than 1?
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>they are still mixed in ....guys >>

I hope so. I thought I ordered 10 but it looks like I made it 20!

Order #: 28753XXX
    1 Order Date: 4/21/08
    Sold To: jessewvu
    Ship To: jessewvu
    Date Shipped: 4/29/08
    Amount Charged : 523.95
    Tracking ID 910110549961xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    29562915xxxxxxxxxxxx
    771054996xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Items included in this shipment:
    2008 AE SILVER UNC MM 1 OZ (Z8F) Qty : 20

It looks like they put them in several boxes, why else would there be three tracking numbers for one order? I only had the 20 coins in the order... It is being sent Registered mail, maybe that has something to do with it.

Of course I will let you all know if I get any.
  • Has anyone seen the latest coin world on-line issue? I just checked it out the
    US Mint estimates approximately 47,000 coins where made using 15 reverse of 2007 dies.
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>Has anyone seen the latest coin world on-line issue? I just checked it out the
    US Mint estimates approximately 47,000 coins where made using 15 reverse of 2007 dies. >>

Yup, it was posted a few pages ago on this thread....
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • SaamSaam Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
    Come on folks, help me out please! What order and ship date are most if the 2008 ASE's with the '07 reverse coming from? I've heard most were found from orders placed on March 17 and shipped around April 8 but others were found from more recent orders. Thanks!

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anyone seen the latest coin world on-line issue? I just checked it out the
    US Mint estimates approximately 47,000 coins where made using 15 reverse of 2007 dies. >>

Yup, it was posted a few pages ago on this thread.... >>

Somebody want to write an index to this thread?????
  • << Has anyone seen the latest coin world on-line issue? I just checked it out the

Yup, it was posted a few pages ago on this thread....

I must have missed it. Saam my orders from the 19th and 20th of April had them. All 100 total.
  • QUESTION: I just got an e-mail from PCGS that my 2008 W ASE's shipped....I sent them in before anything was known about the 2007 reverse. Will they have a 2007 reverse label, if there were any?
  • SaamSaam Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Come on folks, help me out please! What order and ship date are most if the 2008 ASE's with the '07 reverse coming from? I've heard most were found from orders placed on March 17 and shipped around April 8 but others were found from more recent orders. Thanks! >>

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>QUESTION: I just got an e-mail from PCGS that my 2008 W ASE's shipped....I sent them in before anything was known about the 2007 reverse. Will they have a 2007 reverse label, if there were any? >>

Nope. If they do, you need to send them a thankyou. But most likely you'll have to send them back in with reholdering and attribution fees. --Jerry
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Somebody want to write an index to this thread????? >>

somebody want to confirm with the Mint that the 47,000 figure is wrong and there are only 3000 of these so i can start selling mine for two grand each?.. will we ever get a TRUE Mintage number?.. or will it be an eternal mystery like those pointy things in Egypt that the guys from the Monolith built?..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

• << <i>

<< <i>QUESTION: I just got an e-mail from PCGS that my 2008 W ASE's shipped....I sent them in before anything was known about the 2007 reverse. Will they have a 2007 reverse label, if there were any? >>

Nope. If they do, you need to send them a thankyou. But most likely you'll have to send them back in with reholdering and attribution fees. --Jerry >>

In your opinion........Would it be worth sending back or not??
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Somebody want to write an index to this thread????? >>

somebody want to confirm with the Mint that the 47,000 figure is wrong and there are only 3000 of these so i can start selling mine for two grand each?.. will we ever get a TRUE Mintage number?.. or will it be an eternal mystery like those pointy things in Egypt that the guys from the Monolith built?.. >>

If the mint knows how many dies they will know the exat mintage. The question is will they release it? IMO, the mint will release all of the coins, I don't think they will view these as real errors.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nope. If they do, you need to send them a thankyou. But most likely you'll have to send them back in with reholdering and attribution fees. --Jerry >>

In your opinion........Would it be worth sending back or not?? >>

I really don't know. The variety is easy to see naked eye so a TPG opinion isn't needed to validate it. If you're keeping them it's up to you. If you're selling, you might let the buyer decide. --jerry
  • PCGS has done a nice job holdering these. Placing the coin with the Reverse side up. Overall the quality and MS70 grade through rate is low compared to regular Burnished this year.

I just got more coins back from PCGS. Thought I'd share pics of the MS70 and show the way the holder should look. I was lucky had a lot of errors in my Mint orders :-)

-Rachel
    First Coin Source
    (samzuzo on eBay)

imageimage
    Thank you!
    Rachel
    (eBay ID - Samzuzo)
    First Coin Source
  • jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    samzuzo, yeah, we can see all your ASE error coins on your webpage, ...NOT!

so what gives?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file