Comments

• Options
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    $25,875

thanks!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    28, 689
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    $33,247, Thanks! Good Luck!!
    55in88
  • Options
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    $23,500

Mike
  • Options
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    23, 475 pre juice! Good luck!
  • Options
    $26,768.00

Best of luck!!
  • Options
    15999 good luck man
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    $28401.57

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    $21211, best of luck, we're rootin' for ya!

Chad
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Good for you.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    $24000

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    OK, that's all ! Sweet action on that one , we'll see who wins on May 3rd , that is the last day of the auction sooooooo

Good luck to all you guys

Might take me a minute to figure out exactly who the winner is , all those numbers are just F'n my head up image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anthony, BEST of luck with that auction! We are all rooting for you image
  • Options
    Thank you Paul and thank you all . . .

I'm all excited and stuff !! image
  • Options
    3 days and 10 Hrs to go as of the time of this last post !

The 10 K reserve has been met as of Yesterday which I was happy to see happen at least , I really expected it to do that a lot sooner ?

I noticed Heritage also has it on E-Bay and someone has left 3 absentee bids ? I don't know exactly what that means but I guess it can't be that bad but why would one person leave 3 ?

Just trying to keep you guys up to date on the contest .

As for me , I have mixed feelings about this , I really expected my baseball to perform way better than what I see as of right now .
    The baseball has had 3 bids so far and 20 people tracking with over 750 people viewing which is almost twice what any other item has had .

Any insight or opinions are appreciated .

• Options
    Just to add . . .look at how much darker the sig is on the pictures that I took compared to the ones on the auction .

The ball is lighter but the sigs look more faded than they really are ,
    I swear I did not photo shop my pictures at all , I wanted everyone to see it exactly as it is . . . .simply the most amazing 32 in existance , now , there may be a nicer one somewhere , but I have not seen it and I have looked all over Gods great creation
  • Options
    Just keeping you guys up to date . . .
    13K is the latest bid ,
    9 hrs left on the intenet bidding
    Then the live auction is tomorrow .
    26 people tracking <~~~ Don't know if that is good or bad, but it doesn't seem bad compared to everything else being offered .

If it were to end right now , it would cost $15,535.00 with the juice , although the juice does not effect this contest , just the hammer .

Once again . . .GOOD LUCK to all who entered !

I'm on a roof in Brooklyn looking at my laptop, I really have had a hard time not looking yesterday and today and I promised myself I wouldn't until it was over image

BUT I CAAAAAAAAN'T

• Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    I'm watching the auction right now. How exciting!
  • Options
    marsfanmarsfan Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Very nice of ya.

I'll go 17,999.00.image
    Sorry kids when I die my Mars Attacks cards are coming with me.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'll guess $29,259

That's my max bid, so if it goes for more, it won't be to me!
  • Options
    mmsportscardsmmsportscards Posts: 807 ✭✭

gator
  • Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭
    $22,000.00 Great contest!
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Great contest.

I'll say $32,869.00

Thanks.
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Give it Hell... 27,277.27
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    $28,110.76
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you get some serious play tomorrow Anthony!

Good luck.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Ok, I didn't get in on the contest so I may have to bid on the ball...................

RB
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    $32,162
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    As sorry as I am to break the news to you guys , this contest as far as the guesses are concerned ended April 13th before the reserve was broke , soon as that happend no more guesses were allowed because that wouldn't be fair to everyone else , that would be like betting on a game after it started and was 13 - 0 .

I was just giving an update as to what was happening with it .

I'm sorry about that .
  • Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As sorry as I am to break the news to you guys , this contest as far as the guesses are concerned ended April 13th before the reserve was broke , soon as that happend no more guesses were allowed because that wouldn't be fair to everyone else , that would be like betting on a game after it started and was 13 - 0 .

I was just giving an update as to what was happening with it .

I'm sorry about that . >>

No prob man. I'm still pulling for you, hope you get some serious cheese because that is one serious ball!
  • Options
    Well, right now before the live auction begins it is stuck at the same 13 K which I think is a steal of a deal !

But what do ya expect me to say image

The live auction starts at 12 today , I'll be working in Brooklyn , taking a few extra guys so I can watch it live and not be bothered with humping brick and block to get it to the roof .

I'm really not supposed to hump anything , but I like to lead by example , I don't want the young bucks to think I would ask them to do something I wouldn't, even though the time I have put in is almost longer than they're alive.

But today, I really don't want to be bothered .

Mr. Mantle Maris Ford Berra I thank you for your understanding and because of your kind words I have a Yogi Berra Jersey Card refractor card I want to send ya , That made me happy to see that , and I felt bad I couldn't let any more guesses , Please just shoot me your Addy and I will send it to you .

• Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    You sir , are one class act! First you give us this incredible contest and now this for MantleMarisFordBerra. +98,467,521 cool points to you. image
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    I see the auction closed, but don't know the final price. Anyone logged in to see?
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options

<< <i>I see the auction closed, but don't know the final price. Anyone logged in to see? >>

Here ya go.

Sold for: $23,900.00 (includes BP) Bid Source: Live: Floor
    Ended: May 2, 2008

Who won?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I would have won if the price stopped at the online bidding image But they had that floor bidding thingy, and glad he got higher anyway image

How much of that price the BP Mike??? I will check to see who won, because he said that the winner price dosen't count the BP, am I remembering this correct, or did he say the BP will be included?

Giovanni
  • Options
    If it's without going over - it looks like Perkdog was the closest at 23,700.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I just read it, he said not including the BP, so how much is that?

Giovanni
  • Options

Yupp It is over and it took me a little while before I could figure out who the winner was .

The winner paid $23,900 in total with the juice .
    The hammer dropped at $20,000 making the winner of this contest . . . .

Mr. Dan8402 who guessed $20,000 even !

Sooooooo Mr Dan if you're watching , congratulations !
    And I'll be needing your addy so please p/m and I can square up with ya image

Thanks guys for playing and making this pretty exciting , they had a nice graded 8.5 single signed that went for around 40 sumthin and change , 50 K with the juice !

I was questioning having mine graded but never did, so you know curiosity will get me there for a while .

My brother has a mind blowing Ruth single signed baseball that I am once again going to make an offer for , they say 3rd time's a charm image

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Fair price I would say. Congrats.
  • Options
    Hey Anthony,

Thanks again for the contest and I hope you were happy with the final price, if not, I hope you didn't push anybody off the roof at the job site! image

Beeing serious I hope you made out big and good luck with that other one.

Giovanni
  • Options
    Congrats to the winner.

Very generous Anthony - didn't read the part about the juice - hope Perky didn't go spend the money? image

20K's a lot of money - congratulations - I can have my back bathroom done if I had it.

Good luck - whatever you plan to do with the money.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Yea, you're right Lee , It is fair , for both , The winner got themselves a beauty of a baseball and I know they are not even second guessing it .

I was happy to see it did not end at 13 where it stayed for quite some time , but I knew it wouldn't stay there with the live auction coming up .

• Options
    PM sent image
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    TNT- I'm glad you put it into perspective because it's easy to get carried away with all the ridiculous prices that the auction houses get for stuff. I strongly believe a lot of it is people shilling their own stuff, so unless you were to do that with this ball it was most likely ending around 20k, which is about as much as a signed baseball will ever go for.