Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

*** CONTEST WINNER dan8402 ***

Comments

• Awesome contest. $44,444.44
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

• << <i>$13,501 >>

Guru, you just had to guess $1 more than me huh???

Will somebody please guess $13,502.00??? image

Seing all the guesses now, I wish I had guess more, I just have no idea what thise kind of stuff brings, sorry I offered that low, just didn't have any idea.

Giovanni
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Good luck! I will guess 35,501.01
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    That thing could go for a boatload! Best of luck.

I'll say $27,777.77
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football

Best of luck on the sale and tks for contest!
  • fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Good Luck!
  • GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    Gio-
    There is no way I'm going to win, but if I do, for the record, I'll split it with you!
    Thanks!
    LOL

• << <i>Gio-
    There is no way I'm going to win, but if I do, for the record, I'll split it with you!
    Thanks!
    LOL >>

Just kidding dude!

Its not like were gona win anyway, because it should sell for way higher than that, but if you do, no slip needed man, its all yours image

Giovanni
  • downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    $15,763
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    $26,888
  • Wow! That ball is amazing. I hope you do extremely well with it.

I'll take a shot and say $24,000.

I wouldn't be surprised if it went much higher. I hope it does for your sake.

Thanks for the fun and good luck !

"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it."
    - John Wooden
  • $36,669 hope it does well that is an awesome ball. Must be tough to let go. Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they
    wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're
    going to feel all day. "
    ~Frank Sinatra
  • OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    $34,275.22 Good luck cool contest!
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    $17,485??
  • $17,295
  • 26,750. Thanks for the chance.
  • $26,000.01

spectacular contest!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Using Nick's idea in reverse and making double use of the 8..
    my guess is $19584.

Good luck and I hope I am way short of the winning bid.

Charles
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    $19,975 thanks for the contestimage
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    $22,338
    thanks good luck i hope you get more
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Thanks for the contest!!! Great one.
    I'll guess $12,654.50
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • 27954.00 Good Luck

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • $ 12,017.00
  • $ 36.888.88
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    $21,450

Good Luck sir.

And if I should win please donate the prize to the Jimmy Fund or the charity of your choice.

Jon
  • xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the contest
  • 27,619 - best of luck on the auction, I'm sure it will be a bittersweet day!image
  • 19,837. good luck with the auction.

luke
    Slowly but surely working on:
    • Kirby Puckett
    • Al Newman
    • Al Toon
    • Troy Bell
    • Trish Stratus
    • 1965 Topps BB
    • 1987 Topps FB Auto'd
  • thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck

$38,888.88
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    $1,000,000

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    best of luck, that is a awesome piece of history
    my guess is 25750.00
    if i win give it to charity

thanks for the contest and a chance to see the spectacular ball

hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • $27,450 Good Luck!!!! Great Item!!!!

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Wow , some interesting numbers being thrown out there , Lots of numbers too !

Once again I want to thank you all for all the well wishes and the good luck wishes .

Yes this baseball was extremely hard to let go , I really think about it every single day , even thought about trying to back out a few times , but I have never backed out of anything yet, once I have made the move and what is done is done .

For those of you that requested if they win that I donate their prize to a charity of my choice or thiers, while I respect that decision a bunch, I won't do that , I will mail it to you and you can do it because I have to give the prize or I will feel funny , you can just do it .

I am really not one to talk about personal dealings with people or charities that I give to because that also makes me feel a little funny , but just this once since it has popped up , I will let you know a little about myself .

Heritage has already given me a nice chunk of money up front , to the tune of 10K to use their Auction house to auction my baseball, Out of that I gave $1000.00 to my church because that is important to me and $500.00 to St.Judes Childrens hospital .
    It is important to me to give because I know I should have been dead at least 5 times over and for some reason, I am still here and I am greatful for it .

When the auction is over I will be giving my church the usual 10 % of whatever the final amount turns out to be and more to either St. Judes or maybe a different Cancer research charity , still have not decided which but it will be done although I did not mention none of this in my auction , I felt like people might think I was just saying that to pull on the heart strings to boost the outcome , which would be so far from the truth , so I did not say a word .

So I am just asking you guys , if you do win , just let me mail it to you and you donate it, if it is a trust thing because I don't know you too well maybe we can use a go between, someone here you trust .

Now !

I hope this thing rocks like nothing else , I have no reason to believe it won't because . . . .just look at it , you don't see these every day , you pretty much don't see em at all , so I have a lot of faith that there will be a bidding war to own this piece , I know if I had the money to burn , nothing would stand in my way of owning it , for me personally I would rather have that baseball than any single signed baseball any day of the week , first of all it is going to be a hell of a lot harder to fake all of those sigs , compared to just one , which I feel a few of the single signed Ruths authenticated are straight up forgeries .

Second . . . Look at the comapny Ruth has on that baseball , it's damn near priceless !

If I were to have written up the description , I would have stated that , because it just is .

Sure you see 1932 Yankee team signed baseballs , but not in this condition , everyone that has ever held it in their hands tells me how hard their heart pumps when they hold it , now that really says something about a piece .

I wish you all the best of luck , I can't wait until this is over and depending on what happens . . . well , we'll see image I just wanna be able to sleep image

I just hope it aint a total flop which is also not out of the realm of possibility I suppose and I am fully prepared for that as well .

Again , thank you all
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
  • cefy1cefy1 Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Good luck.

Always buying Gretzky PSA Graded

Need some 2007 A&G Regular Back Mini's PM if you have any and I will send my needs list.
  • $33,333
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 220 ✭✭✭
    Great ball !! good luck .

my guess is $32,775

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Again , thank you all >>

You're a good guy Anthony.

I hope it goes for a ton!

mike
    Mike
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    Good luck to you (and me)

$21, 542
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    Good luck!
    $32,320
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    $21,386

Thank you so much for the chance. I hope the ball goes for a lot more than my guess, your a good guy and that is one beautiful baseball. Best of luck to you.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Sweet Baseball, best of luck! ...$45,001
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck with the Auction! And thank you for the contest image
  • Thanks for the Contest and the opportunity to marvel at such a nice piece of American History.

My Guess is 115,000 which has nothing to do with my birthdate!!!image
    -John Stevens
    Ebay ID: jrconcessi

Collecting 1993 Finest Refractors & All Refractors 1993 - 2001, 1964 Topps Psa 8.5 or Better
    Soon to be Collecting 1966 Batman Color and all Hall of Famers in all Sports in as High a Grade as I can Afford.
  • OK, I know I set a date to end the contest on Sat , but the baseball still has no bids as of the last time I looked so , I will keep it going until tonight at 9 PM .

I would like as many people as can get in it get in and don't want to leave anyone out