Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Breaking News! My Babe Ruth results are in but I'm not clear on what it means

123457»

Comments

• Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure if anyone really cares but Matt PL was kicked off the boards. I guess his constant
    harping of this card got him the boot.

Steve >>

AMEN.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Steve,

Thanks for the update. I must admit though, there is a tiny, tiny part of me that wonders what is going to ultimately happen to that Goudey GAI Ruth, e.g. sold to an (unsuspecting) buyer, cracked out, sold raw, etc. Oh well, it's Saturday afternoon and I'm going on a little training run. Take care.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking the card has 2 small spots that PSA thinks are paper loss.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>Steve,

Thanks for the update. I must admit though, there is a tiny, tiny part of me that wonders what is going to ultimately happen to that Goudey GAI Ruth, e.g. sold to an (unsuspecting) buyer, cracked out, sold raw, etc. Oh well, it's Saturday afternoon and I'm going on a little training run. Take care.

/s/ JackWESQ >>

I too am curious as to the real story behind this card and was hoping the OP would get an answer to share with us from PSA as to why it was not slabbed. Specifically if it simply did not meet the minimum grade specified or as if it was, in fact, altered in their opinion.

I thought PL did make some good points in his various threads and that some people were pretty hard on him, but he certainly did not help his cause with some of his responses. Regardless, I personally do wish him well with the Ruth card and would like to see him return to the boards with some "thicker skin" in the future.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I jabbed him a few times - but only after he was persistent about whining and displaying some attitude in his remarks.

I wish him all the best - and I'm sure he'll be back.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    I wish him well and hope he returns with his Ruth cracked out of that ridiculous GAI slab.

Yup, he'll need thicker skin, and he should try to be less muscular.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure it had more to do with the F bombs being dropped than anything.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I noticed this today

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am pretty sure it had more to do with the F bombs being dropped than anything. >>

I didn't see that part. Musta been when he said he was drinking.

Trust me - no one knows better than me what the f-bomb can get ya!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I have never felt so small and insignificant in the presence of such greatness !

Oh well . . . . No big deal , we can't all be Lou Ferigno .

I visited Babe Ruth's resting place again today , what a beautiful day !

Seems everything is untouched , all the baseballs and bats and caps and stuff are still in the same place as when I left last time a few months ago, with a few more added and now that it is spring time , the flowers are blooming , it looks really nice .

I left another baseball and a pin there , always leave a baseball every time I go , I don't know why , it's just something I can't help doing

Again I was not the only one visiting his resting place , as I was there with my nephew a woman came to visit and then a man , each person left something on his head stone , the last few times I have ben there I never realized how beatiful the view looking down the hill is , this time I was stunned by it .
    Maybe because it was not cold and gray outside today .

Every single time I go there to visit , my heart pounds so rapidly , that is so strange and I can't explain why that happens , it just happens .
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Matt (PL) made this statement over at net 54:

Re: What flaws do you spot on this Ruth?
    April 21 2008, 7:51 PM

I've mentioned the "n" in the "One" before. I don't think it's been recolored. If anything it's missing paper. Of course with a crappy scan it's not going to show. My photo hosting site only goes up to 100K so I'm pretty limited with the resolution. I've played around with it and can't seem to get it to look good without ending up with a 2 meg file.

If anything it is MISSING PAPER? No wonder PSA wouldn't cross it at 5 or even 4.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Chucky is certain that JO can bench more than plifter.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO! This was the FUNNIEST thread!

I think Nick had that photo of him on the squat rack saved LOL
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.....I think Nick had that photo of him on the squat rack saved LOL >>

I got you Paul.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Reunited and it feels soooo good.

Btw, did he ever arm wrestle probstein?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>.....I think Nick had that photo of him on the squat rack saved LOL >>

I got you Paul.

image >>

image Nick, You the Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Chucky is certain that JO can bench more than plifter.

image >>

POTD!

As a side note, it took five years but I finally read this thread. Should have stuck with my gut and I'll never get that 30 minutes back.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Chucky is certain that JO can bench more than plifter.

image >>

POTD!

As a side note, it took five years but I finally read this thread. Should have stuck with my gut and I'll never get that 30 minutes back.

image >>

Thank you for this post. You just saved me 30 min image
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Holy old post Batman.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>1500lb Clean & Jerk Video >>

OUCH! Not what I was expecting Snuffy!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I skimmed the thread...man, that OP was quite the....guy