Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The Official Basketball HOF Autographs Thread

Comments

• ZBobZBob Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Hey Joe You Get First Shot At Gold Cousy.I Need To Get To Storage After Turkey Day.I Pulled Him & Magic From A Case Back In The Day.Back Then PSA Graded Cards As 2000 Legendary Signatures.Now PSA Calls Them 1999 Legendary Signatures.Cousy Is Slabbed 2000 & In A Box Of Mech. Errors.Will Grab That Box When I Get Some Of The Extras.I Will Post You A Scan.
    Reese Do You Have Any Basketball Sets That You Are Working On? Or Just Your Football Sets?Will See If I Can Help You With That. Thanks Again ZBob Nice Cards.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Bob,

Right now I'm not really working on any basketball sets. I've got lots more headed to ebay hopefully next week. I'm buying a house soon so I have to let most of my basketball stuff go for now. I've really enjoyed working on the Top 50 players of all time and will probably piece it together again when I have more money.

Do you collect anything besides basketball?
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

• << <i>Yes Mexisar That Was Me.I Bid Early On Papa Reese3333 Auction's,Good Heads Up Reese.I Miss The Day When You Could See The Other Bidders On EBAY.No Problem,His Cards Are Nice.I Just Could Not See Them Going For Less.They Will Have A Good Home Here.80% Of My Cards I Sent In Myself For Grades.I Will Start Working On A List In A Couple Of Weeks Of HOF Auto Cards That Are Extra's To Me.Should Be Over 2000 Cards Will Take Some Time.I Have 1 Extra 95AP Bradley #30 Blue Going In For Grade Soon.I Need Like You 95AP #29 Walton & Dean Smith Please Help Me With That. >>

Hey Bob, I was finally able to get the second Bradley image, so as far I know I have the complete official set plus the 2 gold auto versions. Since from what I know 29 walton and 30 Bradley do not exist.
    The Smith cames directly from the HOF, since it seems they redeemed it, so it is really rare to find, have not seen one since the one I showed you.
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
    Mexisar Are You Telling Me You Have Real Redemption Cards Of #10 Hayes & #37 Bradley?I Have Both Of The Cards + 2 #30 Bradley That Are TTM.If You Do Then You Are The Man.Please Send Scans.What Do You Mean 2 Gold Versions Cousy & Russell Maybe PLMK Bob
  • Hey Bob,

Thanks for giving me first crack at the Cousy Gold, I really appreciate it and hope we can get a deal done. Yeah, I've been really confused about the year PSA puts on this set. If I'm not mistaken, one of the registry of this set still has names of players that the auto's never exist - not sure, but I do remember seeing this. When you do have the time, I would love to see a pic of the card..

Take care and hope to get a deal done soon,
    -Joe
    Hi Guys,

I just listed a bunch of new auctions. Please check them out!

Auctions

The highlights:

00-01 Topps Stadium Club Lonestar Signatures
    Allen Iverson (On-Card Auto, not a Sticker)

00/01 Fleer Greats of the Game Autos
    Lenny Wilkens
    Sam Jones
    Rick Barry
    Jerry Lucas
    Paul Arizin
    Cazzie Russell
    Joe Smith
    Danny Manning

03-04 UD Legends Autos
    Billy Cunningham
    David Robinson
    Willis Reed
    David Thompson
    KC Jones
    Jamaal Wilkes
    Bill Walton
    Wes Unseld
    Bill Laimbeer
    Tommy Heinsohn

04-05 SP Authentic Signatures Auto
    Bob Cousy
    Bernard King

04-05 UD Sweet Shot Signature Shot Auto
    Carmelo Anthony

04-05 Ultimate Collection Auto
    Dennis Rodman

Thanks,
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • bump image

Anyone pick up anything new? trying keep this thread alive...and want to see some nice card scan image

Austin
    "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
  • I know one of you guys must be bidding for this -

ebay

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" - Apostle Paul - Philippians 1:21
    That is one nice card! The Century Legends auto set has always been one of my favorites
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Hey Joe. There Are 2 99 Legendary Golds On Ebay Thomas 12/25 Buy Now 113.99 & Silas 21/25.I Just Completed Regular Set With Russell. 100% Russell In For Grade,Will Send Scan Soon.UD Lists Set As 2000 But PSA Now Calls Them 1999 Legendary Signatures.There Were 4 Cards That Were Not Part Of This Set & The Great People Of PSA Registry Removed Them For Me Well Over A Year Ago.Great Job PSA!!!
  • very nice bob!!

Did do TTM to get those autographs ? or did you buy them slabbed already?
  • Thanks for the heads up Bob, but fortunatly I already have them and even doubles of the Silas...

I know, I saw that Russell on eBay, and saw that you won it - Congrats! That is an awesome pickup as that card is really rare to come by.. That is amazing that you put that set together as some regular versions are really rare..

Any word on that Cousy Gold that I need :-)

• << <i>image >>

Wow, these are really really nice pickups!!! Congrats!!
  • Bob - did you win that Gold Silas :-)
  • There is a new auto set for HOFers from 2008-09 Hot Prospects calls "Road to Springfield". I really like this new set, it looks really classy and clean.

Check out this Bob Wanzer auto - ebay

• << <i>Mexisar Are You Telling Me You Have Real Redemption Cards Of #10 Hayes & #37 Bradley?I Have Both Of The Cards + 2 #30 Bradley That Are TTM.If You Do Then You Are The Man.Please Send Scans.What Do You Mean 2 Gold Versions Cousy & Russell Maybe PLMK Bob >>

Yup image ,It has taken me around 5 years.
    And if I count the variations(Cunningham in both Silver(rare) and Black, and One Cousy is numbered out of #/500 but it seems only the 1-100/500 are numbered since most are not numbered) I come up with 41 autos.
    the two gold versions 24k are the Russell #/100 and the second Walton in gold.
    Right now I don't have access to a scanner but when I do I will try to scan them again, since I don't have the scans I made before.

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    Press Pass Legends

• << <i>Hey Joe. There Are 2 99 Legendary Golds On Ebay Thomas 12/25 Buy Now 113.99 & Silas 21/25.I Just Completed Regular Set With Russell. 100% Russell In For Grade,Will Send Scan Soon.UD Lists Set As 2000 But PSA Now Calls Them 1999 Legendary Signatures.There Were 4 Cards That Were Not Part Of This Set & The Great People Of PSA Registry Removed Them For Me Well Over A Year Ago.Great Job PSA!!! >>

Hey Bob, wow PSA listen to you image
    I told them several years ago but I got nowhere. They would be stubborn that I was wrong because UD checklist would list 4 more cards in the set.
    http://sports.upperdeck.com/Basketball/cardset.aspx?q=5&r=1&sid=6431
    And when I told them that UD called this set 2000, They said it was another set.
    As of now they seem to still use both.
    this card was recently graded as 2000

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Press Pass Legends
  • Just got back a bunch of TTM (and a McHale eBay pickup) from PSA/DNA......

• Very nice, great job on the McHale. He doesn't do ttm right? I need to find one for him too on ebay
    Very Nice Cards.All Would Grade Well For Grades.You Can Send Them For Grades.
    Hey Austin What Are Your Registry Collections?Maybe 1980 NBA?If So Maybe We Can Trade?

• << <i>Hey Austin What Are Your Registry Collections?Maybe 1980 NBA?If So Maybe We Can Trade? >>

Let me know if there something you want -

http://www.psacard.com/SetRegistry/publishedset.aspx?s=10233&ac=1

• << <i>Very Nice Cards.All Would Grade Well For Grades.You Can Send Them For Grades. >>

Thanks. I opted not to go with grades this time during my submission. My reasoning is that for an autograph registry set, it is more about the autograph than the absolute quality of the cards itself. Plus there is a high probability I will never finish the set 100%, so there is no need to get too wrapped up in the grading.

• << <i>Very nice, great job on the McHale. He doesn't do ttm right? I need to find one for him too on ebay >>

McHale does not do TTM and has not yet had a certified auto, though there will be one coming out in a Donruss product this year, though I am sure the prices will be driven up due to his lack of previous autographed cards.. Ebay is probably your best bet if a raw card pops up. I think I got mine for like $5 since the seller had a bad scan and the auto was not authenticated.
    To ALL. Kevin Glew A Writer For SMR & TUFF STUFF Is Putting Together An Article About The Basketball Hall Of Fame Players Autographs Set For An Upcoming Issue Of SMR.Due To The Fact That There Are To Many Tough Basketball HOF Player Autographs To Cover In A 1,000 To 1,400-Word Article.He Has Changed His Focus On The Top 5 Toughest.I Can Start This List With My Top 2. Jack McCraken & Robert Gruenig. Who Should Also Be In The Top 5??????
  • Barney Sedran

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_Sedran

Never seen anyone has this graph.
  • There are about 12-15 early professional players who are very tough, three worthy candidates have been mentioned. But let me mention 3 who played from the 40s thru the 80s.

One would be Bobby McDermott, who died in 1963. Another is Maurice Stokes, who could not sign after his injury. Third is someone you might not think about as being tough, and he is not with his Muslim name, but how about Lew Alcindor? I would rate his autograph as the toughest of the Top 50.

OK, I realize I might be stretching the rules there, but it is a tough autograph nonetheless.
    Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Awesome cards guys. They are amazing!
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    Have any of you guys ever seen a signed '61 fleer Wilt? I've always wanted that card. I'm afraid if one came up I would be up against some heavy hitters, though.
    john
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
    Good Call ptper I Have Never Seen A Card Auto Lew Alcindor.I Have Lews Rookie Card Auto As Kareem.On That Note Has Anyone Seen A Maravich CARD That Was Auto Pete Maravich (Other Than DNA Check Or Cut) & Not Auto Pistol Pete? I Think There Are 30+ Players That Are Just Not Avalible On A PSA CARD. (DNA Cuts Don't Count). My Top 5 On Avalible PSA CARDS With These 2 Would Also Be Bob Davies,Henry Dehnert,Nat Holman,John Roosma,George Yardley,Wilt Chamberlain,Pop Gates,Bill Bradley,Kevin McHale. Who Else Is Hard That Is Avalible?
  • I have been thinking about what players may have possibly signed a legitimate card in their lifetimes and I have come up with this shortlist of players 1. Maurice Stokes (1957 Topps) Big Mo's card came out in late 1957. His accident occured in a game on March of 1958 so he could have signed a card in the time frame. 2.Ed Wachter,Joe Lapchick and Nat Holman (1933 Goudy Sports Kings) all could have easily signed a card. 3.Jim Pollard and Joe Fulks (1948 Bowman) and last but not least Neil Johnston (1957 Topps). I did this list quickly so feel free to opine with your own thoughts on these and other HOFers I may have overlooked.
    Art
    Good Call GOODLIEU #1 Should Be Maurice Stokes. His 1957 Rookie Card Auto Should Be 10Times The Bank.
    #1 Stokes, #2 Ed Wachter, #3 Joe Lapchick (Or Is It Lopchick?) PLMK

• i would mo stokes...and if anyone ever sees a aigned 57 stokes..let me know...
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • i got back my 57 frank ramsey today!!! he even made it say: to ed frank ramsey!
    my t-205's

• zbob, did you pick up any nice rc auto lately? can't wait for your updates
    Happy New Year Everyone.This Year IMO Will be the Best HOF Basketball Ever.Jordan,Robinson,Stockton. Along With Many Other Players And Co's.Collecting HOF Basketball Player Autographs IMO Is The Hardest Of All USA Sports.We Have One More New HOF Player Hard To Get, Marques Hayes 2008 Donruss Legends.

• << <i>Happy New Year Everyone.This Year IMO Will be the Best HOF Basketball Ever.Jordan,Robinson,Stockton. Along With Many Other Players And Co's.Collecting HOF Basketball Player Autographs IMO Is The Hardest Of All USA Sports.We Have One More New HOF Player Hard To Get, Marques Hayes 2008 Donruss Legends. >>

Hey Bob, why do you say that basketball HOF autos are hardest to put together?

• << <i>Happy New Year Everyone.This Year IMO Will be the Best HOF Basketball Ever.Jordan,Robinson,Stockton. Along With Many Other Players And Co's.Collecting HOF Basketball Player Autographs IMO Is The Hardest Of All USA Sports.We Have One More New HOF Player Hard To Get, Marques Hayes 2008 Donruss Legends. >>

I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that baseball HOFers are muuuuch tougher than basketball. There are 32 guys that died before 1930 and many of those are close to impossible to get (Addie Joss, Pud Galvin, Candy Cummings, Rube Waddell to name a few).
    Oaktown I feel You.That Is Just My Opinion.I Do Think That Baseball HOF Auto Cards Are Hard To Get.Baseball Has Been Around Alot Longer And Started issue Of Cards In 1887. Basketball On The Other Hand Only Have Cards That Started In 1948???
  • there were the 33 goudey sport kings of 3 basketball players that i know of...
    my t-205's

• wow bob that's very nice! how much did you pay for this?
  • Is it to early to talk about HOF Inductees for 2009. I know their is the obvious one's Jordan/Stockton/David Robinson/Karl Malone/Pippen? but as we all know who collect Basketball HOF auto's that this Hall Of Fame is open to Women/International Players and Coaches,Veterans Comittee and College Players who dominated at that level but maybe did not dominate but did well at the pro level (Bill Bradley). So I am going to throw a few names out there for discussion and see what everyone thinks.
    Women. Cynthia Cooper
    International. Oscar Schmidt/Arvydas Sabonis
    College. Ralph Sampson/Chris Mullin
    Veterns. Dennis Johnson (Its a travesty that this man is not in yet).
    and last but not least Dennis "The Menace" Rodman ( The HOF's WORST NIGHTMARE) LOL
    Rodman highlightsBelow.

5x NBA Champion (1989, 1990, 1996, 1997, 1998)
    2x All-Star (1990, 1992)
    2x NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1990, 1991)
    2x All-NBA Third Team Selection (1992, 1995)
    7x NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection
    7x NBA Rebounding Champion (1992–1998)
    Well what do you folks think?

• Arvydas Sabonis
    omg i would sooo love to see him in there if only the blazers would have been able to get him years before they did i am sure we would have won a few rings...he was just omg sooo fun to watch with his behind the back passes and such...just simply amazing!!!
    my t-205's