Home U.S. Coin Forum

Make your own judgment about this EBAY buyer...updated to add more hostile message received through

1235»

Comments

• BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So he signed up - where are his posts? Must be a total chicken to not defend his actions.

Usually people like this are little guys hiding behind a keyboard. >>

My guess is that it is an alt that has already been nuked. I know because I tried twice to sign up as "Consuela" . image

This guy does not seem like the type who is at a loss for words. >>

I was trying that psychology thing - poke at him with a stick until he reacts. image

BTW - why did you bother trying the second time? image
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So he signed up - where are his posts? Must be a total chicken to not defend his actions. >>

He probably hasn't been approved to post yet; it might take a moderator a few days to get around to it.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This buyer paid on Sunday and never heard any communication from Greg acknowleging anything. By Wednesday morning he probably was wondering "What's UP" >>

Actually, he wondering more along the lines of "WTF is up?"

After the last email, I'm kinda thinking that he is trying to get his money back out of Greg's PayPal account and possibly without returning the coin but saying that he did. This is a big problem with PayPal in that they always seem to shoot first without asking questions!

I have no qualms about blocking this bidder as he appears to have hit the end of his rope and has gone completely nutzoid over this one transaction!

Edited to add:

<< <i>Yeah, with pepperoni, sausage, and cyanide. >>

Mike, this is a little over the top.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I just listed my first auction on Ebay last night; I tried to block Robohog2000 but informed
    this was an invalid name.

He was Naru'd already from Ebay ?

'Bout time.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just listed my first auction on Ebay last night; I tried to block Robohog2000 but informed
    this was an invalid name.

He was Naru'd already from Ebay ? >>

Sure you typed it right?
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just listed my first auction on Ebay last night; I tried to block Robohog2000 but informed
    this was an invalid name. >>

Try it all lower case.

Russ, NCNE
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first block! I don't know why I waited so long to join the msg boards!
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's still out there doing his thing...not NARU'd... He also likes to retract his bids...robohog2000 ......

Bid Retractions (Past 6 months): 4
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Feld signed up with robohog2000's name image

HE>I

• IRCWCoinsIRCWCoins Posts: 895 ✭✭
    Blocked. image
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My first block! I don't know why I waited so long to join the msg boards! >>

You just needed to be invited. image

Also added this clown to my blocked bidder list, sorry you had to go through this Greg, but thanks for making sure none of us have to.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Try it all lower case.

Russ, NCNE >>

That was it...all lower case. He's dust.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>I think Feld signed up with robohog2000's name image >>

I think someone did that as an alt, not necessarily coinguy. Probably not the real robohog2000.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    ttt for a Happy Monday!
  • if someone would please post this guys address, i would like to sign him up for a few of the free offers on the local supermarket bulletin board, bedwetting being the first this guy should be driven over the edge before he hurts himself or worse, someone else its these idiots that give ebay a bad rep.
  • oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>

<< <i>

Try it all lower case.

Russ, NCNE >>

That was it...all lower case. He's dust. >>

Robohog2000 is alive and well. Simply click on Greg's initial email and then click on Robohog. All of his info still comes up. If he had bee bounced it would say "no longer a registered user"
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. I still can't understand why some sellers post positive feedback simply because the bidder paid for an auction. Had that happened in this case, then there would have been one less negative showing on the bidder's feedback rating (and he obviously deserved a negative). Sorry you had to go through this, Greg. There's always a few nuts out there, and I've certainly happened upon them from time to time on eBay. Nothing close to this bad, though.

Chris
  • fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    ....I'll block him as well. You were a real gentleman with this clown. I can't wait until he posts......better get the popcorn ready when he does!
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Bump, since this guy is also sending threatening messages to other forum member sellers. If you get one, immediately forward it to eBay.

Russ, NCNE
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I haven't sold anything for a while, but I blocked him.
    Becky
  • sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    He just won another ebay auction
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>He just won another ebay auction >>

So on Wednesday the seller should get an email that goes something like this:

WHAT THE HE11 TOOK YOU SO LONG TO SHIP???? I PURCHASED THIS COIN 72 HOURS AGO AND IT JUST SHOWS UP ON MY DOORSTEP WITH NO HEADS UP???? WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT???

Exquisite????! You call this PCGS MS69DCAM COIN GRADED BY THE MOST RESPECTED GRADING SERVICE IN THE WORLD, EXQUISITE!!! WHAT KIND OF BLIND !@#$%^ ARE YOU!!! I have seen exquisite coins before and let me tell you something you @#$%^#$%^&amp;*(#$%^& this coin is far from exquisite. In fact, I noticed a little inperfection in the slab, you probably pulled the graded coin out and placed this inferior coin in you #$%^& liar! IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THIS RIGHT YOU #$%^ IT'S GOING TO COST YOU. MY TIME IS WORTH ALOT! IF YOU THINK SITTING AROUND THINKING UP ALL THESE COLORFUL CURSE WORDS IS SOMETHING I DO FOR FUN...WELL YOU"RE RIGHT. BUT T IS STILL GOING TO COST YOU. YOU CAN BUY THIS COIN BACK FROM ME FOR $325!!!
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    And the seller has 100% positive out of 5167 received.
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file