Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Make your own judgment about this EBAY buyer...updated to add more hostile message received through

Comments

• Options
    ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392

<< <i>This is interesting. He just requested my info through eBay.

Russ, NCNE >>

maybe you could request his and pass it around.......Hope he likes pizza.image
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. In addition to being able to block "private feedback" bidders, it'd be interesting to know when there was an attempt by a blocked bidder to bid on an item.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "I wish there was an option, as a seller, to block all bids from bidders with private feedback."

The closest you can come is to enter that proviso in the item description and THEN cancel the bid(s) of anyone that violates your terms & THEN block them. You can even note that any (snipe) violations will render the transaction null & void. You still might get a neg & a complaint for a non-selling seller violation though (although I believe eBay will side with you if your terms were EXPLICIT).
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Blocked. In addition to being able to block "private feedback" bidders, it'd be interesting to know when there was an attempt by a blocked bidder to bid on an item. >>

I once had a blocked bidder email me asking why he was blocked as he never dealt with me before.

I told him I honestly had no idea, but if he was blocked, there must be a good reason for it, such as screwing with one of my many numismatic friends.
  • Options
    This is exactly the reason that I want EBAY to be very agressive in pursuing people who violate ebays blocked bidder rules by getting a family member or friend to bid on the auction in which they were blocked. A lot of folks thought ebay was in the wrong when they did just that to someone else on these boards yesterday. Anyway, the person whom this thread is about is blocked from bidding on any of my auctions. At least with his present ID.
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    pb2ypb2y Posts: 1,461
    BLOCKED -- for what it may be worth.
    Ebay is a peculiar domain where the expelled, the blocked and the
    dead can be reborn again and again in the name of others.
    A domain offering users little or no redress for factitious smear based on malice alone.

• Options
    OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Blocked. In addition to being able to block "private feedback" bidders, it'd be interesting to know when there was an attempt by a blocked bidder to bid on an item. >>

I once had a blocked bidder email me asking why he was blocked as he never dealt with me before.

I told him I honestly had no idea, but if he was blocked, there must be a good reason for it, such as screwing with one of my many numismatic friends. >>

Awesome. This forum has value.
  • Options
    macjeffmacjeff Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Has anyone tried to contact him through ebay to find out what his problem is? I'm tempted to send him a note myself, but I can totally see it ending badly, so what's the point? image

BTW, this is why I keep coming back to this forum-y'all stick together!
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    Blocked. Hopefully, Square Trade or eBay can get the negative removed.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda wondering if this buyer has a forum id or used to have a forum id since he used the term "You are SCUM", which gets floated around here quite frequently?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    jgrinzjgrinz Posts: 985 ✭✭✭
    I really can not believe this BOZO did that to RUSS heheh
    There are now two instances of Abusive speech and he will get NRU'd or SHOULD be ... if enough people complain

I think everyone should message the BOZO as Inquiring minds want to know what this guys problem is.

I have a small problem with Gregs description " so close to the next grade " statement. I think Mr BOZO probably thought
    this coin had UPGRADE potential and when he saw the coin, he knew it didn't, and got mad.

Oh yeah ... a definte blockeroo
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    So far, EBAY has been completely unhelpful in getting the negative removed. Their explanation is that the negative feedback itself (as opposed to the messages he sent me through EBAY) was not vulgar and offensive enough. Based upon the level of EBAY customer service I have got so far I don't expect much success there. I think I have wrote them 5-6 times, and each time it is responded to by a different person. No one is taking ownership of the dispute, so there is no continuity to anything EBAY is doing. I'm just hearing 5-6 different versions why they are so sorry this is happening and 5-6 different reasons why it doesn't meet their criteria for removal. Just for the sake or accuracy, and to bring them all together in one post, the following is the complete list of emails exhanged between robohog2000 and myself after the auction ended. He had paid immediately after the auction ended by Paypal on Sunday night. The following morning I mailed the package via USPS 1st class mail with signature confirmation. According to USPS Postal records, he signed for it shortly after noon on Wednesday. When I got home from work on Wednesday and checked my EBAY site, he already left negative feedback without any communications between us whatsoever.

robohog2000: I paid you on Sunday. Today is Wednesday. When did it ship? And what is the tracking number? Did I pay you to fast? or are you always this inconsiderate to your buyers?

greghansen: I guess you got the coin since you left negative feedback. Just return the coin if you don't like it. Thank you.

robohog2000: Not only do I NOT like the coin, I don't like getting fu**ed with bull**it descriptions either. PQ your fu**in' mother! Close to XF ? Bull**it! Kiss my as*! You are obviously a pr**k. You won't be forgotten. If you want to buy back the piece s**t let know know. I'll give my price and then we'll see if you still want to buy it. Now taking a fu**in' hike.

robohog2000: God Bless I love Justice. No matter what, a lot of potential bidders are going to see the negative I left you. Awesome. Just Awesome. Let me know if want to buy back the coin. I'll make you just as good a deal as you made me. It will be PQ all the way, you have my promise, just like I had yours. By the way, do you know many emails potential buyers send when they see a negative like you now have have? If your interested I'll keep track of them for you when I get them. Goddbye for now Owner of an ALMOST XF PQ piece of garbage. Why else would you sell it? Bye, Bye

greghansen: I am reluctant to respond due to the tone of your messages. I offer a 7 day no questions asked refund. I usually do not refund shipping expenses, per my auction descriptions, but if you are that unhappy with the coin, please return it and I will refund the full amount of your Paypal payment, including the shipping charges you paid. Thank you.

robohog2000: No misunderstood the tone of message. I'm a lot more pis*ed off than you realize, period. I don't give a s**t what your auction says about returns or reimbursement shipping, either. You can buy the coin back for $300 plus shipping or drop dead. How's that for clarity?

greghansen: This will be my last message to you on this matter due to the tone of your communications. In my opinion, you are using the EBAY message system and the negative feedback as a way of trying to blackmail me into paying you more for the coin than what you bought it for. I will decline your offer to do so. If you wish to return the coin under the policy set forth in my auctions, please do so and I will promptly process the refund. If that is not satisfactory then I cannot help you further. Again, this is my last communication with you regarding this transaction. Thank you.

robohog2000: Wanna bet? You don't like my tone? Then F**K anybody and you get it back in your face! Oh, you deal with me and you'll pay for my time too. Bet on it! Does the poor little like the FU**ED feeling? Well do you? Swallow hard, you fu**ed me and you won't get away with it. You'll do as I want now co**sucker.

He filed a Paypal dispute for a 'not as described' item, and of course I've offered the refund through their system also. All in all, this has been a very unpleasant experience and I am not impressed with the lack of action of EBAY's part to show any interest in evaluating the merits of the dispute. Russ, I hope I didn't cause you to draw any fire from this buyer by posting my experience with him...but if just one forum member can avoid a similar transaction as a result of my experience than it will have been worth it.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just needs a hug image
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Never blocked anyone before, until now!
  • Options
    Sorry anyone has to deal with someone like that.

On my blocked list as well. I wish you could block the ip address on
    e-bay instead of the username to avoid multiple accounts.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭
    Ever see that police video of that guy going balastic with the state trooper for giving him a speeding ticket? Screaming profanities, yelling, tearing up the ticket, slamming the car door, etc....and the trooper just stands there calm, cool and collected.

For some reason this reminds me of that! It can't be the same guy, he's got the same problem.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    obviously you have the clown's personal info.

since worthless ebay isn't willing to do anything, I would call Susan McMillan at the ANA Monday morning and see if said clown is a member there.

If so, see if you can file some sort of complaint with them.

If the mails continue and ebay refuses to do anything, contact his ISP and file a complaint.
  • Options
    BLOCKED! No comment necessary. Dave W
    dalias13@hotmail.com
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Simply amazing. I think goose has offered some good advice.
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the emails would be quite helpful with a normal company, but how does Paypal deal with this? Would they at the very least require he send it back to you first, or just freeze/empty your account first, which is my understanding of how they work? And what if he takes a sledgehammer to it before returning it (or sends an empty box or any other of a plethora of semi-paranoid speculation on my part)?

I think I'll go block the guy too...not that I sell more than rarely, and most likely stuff he'd never look at image. I hope "senders of abusive emails" is not a protected class of citizens.

• Options
    Greetings,

I can't believe this guy! I've never seen anyone act that way ,but a child... It's most likely a 18 year old who thinks they know everything. I've blocked my first with this.
    Bruce
  • Options
    MintstateMintstate Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Where did all the "You should leave positive feedback as soon as you get paid" guys disappear to?image
  • Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where did all the "You should leave positive feedback as soon as you get paid" guys disappear to?image >>

I always leave feedback when paid. In this circumstance I would of gotten burned.
    Dan
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

This may turn into a serious situation. One thing for sure: this person has mental issues. He threatened Greg. Isn't that against the law....somewhere, somehow??

My prediction: he is going to start some new eBay accounts and then use those accounts to bid on Greg's auctions and probably Russ' auctions too. His reason? Simply to leave negative feedback.
  • Options
    I give positive feedback when paid ... I will still do it

I think what may have avoided all this is something I do that Greg didn't.

When I mail something out, which always has Signature Confirmation, I immediately email the winning bidder that it HAS been mailed, ussualy within the hour, and include the TRACKING NUMBER in the email. That way he/she can track it's progress.

This buyer paid on Sunday and never heard any communication from Greg acknowleging anything. By Wednesday morning he probably was wondering "What's UP"

I'm not defending the way this person is acting but it might have been avoided with a single email.

• Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Anyone that looks at Greg`s feedback, will see that he is an honest seller. The other guy will be long gone off ebay. (Probably very soon) Just keep on doing what you are doing Greg.
    Danimage
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think what may have avoided all this is something I do that Greg didn't.

When I mail something out, which always has Signature Confirmation, I immediately email the winning bidder that it HAS been mailed, ussualy within the hour, and include the TRACKING NUMBER in the email. That way he/she can track it's progress. >>

I would too, but I don't think this would have avoided it.

What I don't get is...there's a plretty clear image of both sides of the coin. It is clearly a PCGS 35. Someone was looking to pick a fight here, IMO, since I think they got *exactly* what was described.

I think the one thing that could have been avoided was the "PQ" hype in the description -- the coin has nice eye appeal but doesn't appear to be all that high-end for the grade. Still doesn't come close to justifying the response.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    did anyone give this clown an invite?
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I blocked him too......
  • Options
    When I mail something out, which always has Signature Confirmation, I immediately email the winning bidder that it HAS been mailed, ussualy within the hour, and include the TRACKING NUMBER in the email. That way he/she can track it's progress.

When you print your shipping labels for EBAY auctions through the Paypal system (like I do anytime someone pays via Paypal), the system automatically provides shipping information to the seller. The shipping information includes the date the shipping label is printed by the seller (in this case the day after auction closed), and also provides a tracking number. I don't know if this information is available to the general public viewing the closed auction link, but it is available to the seller and buyer. So, the EBAY 'shipping status' button would have provided the buyer with all the information he was asking for in his first email. Regardless, if your assertion is that the buyer would have liked the coin once he received it and wouldn't have went ballistic, if I had only emailed him with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers Monday morning...I respectfully disagree. Late shipping or non-shipment have nothing to do with this scenario IMO. His shipping inquiry was only the first message between the two of us, and I provided it for context and completeness only. I'm suprised someone would think that the buyer would have been 'kinder and gentler' had I only sent a duplicate email to what he already received from Paypal about the shipping date and tracking number. All of the nasty stuff was sent after the buyer signed for the item on 12:42 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    when a bidder is blocked by a seller on e-bay, is the bidder notified that a block has been placed? it appears so, since he was aware and responded to russ' block. this guy must be getting bombarded with blocked messages on e-bay. i think i'll jump on the pile-on and block him as well.
  • Options

<< <i>I give positive feedback when paid ... I will still do it

<< <i>

To each there own...I NEVER consider a transaction complete until the coin or item is in the buyers' possesion AND the buyer has expressed that they are happy with the purchase...whether I am the buyer or the seller(or a return/refund takes place and is completed to both parties satisfaction).

I do acknowledge receipt of payment and would like it if every seller did the same. I let them know when the coin or item has shipped...and the tracking info.

When selling, if I do not hear from the buyer I do not leave feedback. That, IMO, is what constitues a completed transaction...bidding and winning and paying are only parts of the transaction.

When I am the buyer, I always leave feedback upon receipt of the item UNLESS I am unhappy with it. In that case, I contact the seller to arrange a return...based on the outcome of the return/refund, I will leave appropriate feedback.

This person is not a person I would EVER want to do business with AND HE HAS BEEN BLOCKED.

Sorry you had to have this happen to you Greg...thank you for letting us know so that we can avoid this ebay nightmare...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on this bidder. In reading from page 1, I like many here were wondering what the rest of the story was. I think in the pages that followed you cleared everything up and the follow-up to Russ' feedback confirmed everything. Just blocked my first bidder. I am sorry to hear about this happening and hope all turns out well.

Jim
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    He could simply return the coin for a refund but now he wants to sell it back to you instead? This is one mixed up and disturbed person.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommendation: Starte printing out your shipping labels via PayPal, it will have a Delivery Confirmation number that will automatically be emailed to the buyer & seller . PayPal requires a Delivery Confirmation # on sales up to $250 & a Signature Confirmation # on sales over $250 in order for you to protected in case of a charge back.....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>when a bidder is blocked by a seller on e-bay, is the bidder notified that a block has been placed? it appears so, since he was aware and responded to russ' block. this guy must be getting bombarded with blocked messages on e-bay. i think i'll jump on the pile-on and block him as well. >>

No. You're only notified if you try to bid.
  • Options

My First Block !!

and well earned............what a jerk !!!

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    Recommendation: Starte printing out your shipping labels via PayPal, it will have a Delivery Confirmation number that will automatically be emailed to the buyer & seller . PayPal requires a Delivery Confirmation # on sales up to $250 & a Signature Confirmation # on sales over $250 in order for you to protected in case of a charge back.....

Exactly. And I did all of these things. It did not prevent this occurance.

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, if he does send it back per PayPal's dispute process, make sure you open it in the presence of a witness, preferably the postmaster at your PO the moment you receive the package. You might even want to film the opening of the package. If he tries to send you anything but the actual coin, in the same condition as you sent it out, you will need a way to prove it. Word to the wise.

mirabela
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Blocked!!

I held off blocking my first eBay user, but I now
    think I have enough information to do so.

Sorry you had to go through all of this, Greg.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NO CLASS A_HOLE >>

That should get him in trouble with ebay as well- I once left a

<< <i>WTF >>

in feedback and it got pulled- I mean what the frag? (battlestar talk you know).
  • Options
    Love him to death, at least he will die crazy !
  • Options
    macjeffmacjeff Posts: 103 ✭✭

<< <i>He just needs a hug image >>

Hug nothing...he needs a Quaalude!

• Options

<< <i>I'd order him about a dozen pizzas from somewhere....since you do have his address.

That would cheer him up. >>

Yeah, with pepperoni, sausage, and cyanide.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Wow, blackmail too.

We've blocked him/her
  • Options
    Blocked.. Sorry for your troubles, nobody should have to deal with a moran like this guy is.
    Jim
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ, I hope I didn't cause you to draw any fire from this buyer by posting my experience with him... >>

Not a problem, bud. Wouldn't be the first time. image

Oh, and this is BS:

<< <i>By the way, do you know many emails potential buyers send when they see a negative like you now have have? >>

He'll get somewhere between zero and one. Particularly since he hides his own feedback. Most buyers will see it for what it is.

<< <i>My prediction: he is going to start some new eBay accounts and then use those accounts to bid on Greg's auctions and probably Russ' auctions too. His reason? Simply to leave negative feedback. >>

He might, and that WILL get him booted. I'd have to actually call my account rep for the first time.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, another Wack Job!

Blocked! Thank you...
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Obviously, we as a society have failed that poor bidder.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    Fine, forget the hugs !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file