Home U.S. Coin Forum

Make your own judgment about this EBAY buyer...updated to add more hostile message received through

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I'd order him about a dozen pizzas from somewhere....since you do have his address.

That would cheer him up.
  • oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416
    This dude is having one heck of a bad day/week/life. What city does he live in? I live in California, I hope this guy doesn't live near me it sound like he is ready to discharge a nuclear weapon!

BTW thanks for letting me know how to block someone unfortunately it doesn't work if you have an ebay store.
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

<< <i>I'd order him about a dozen pizzas from somewhere....since you do have his address.

That would cheer him up. >>

imageimageimage

Now that's funny. He needs a couple beers to with that! That might calm him down!
    Best Regards,

Rob

• DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Blocked, and thanks.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Buyer Blocked....

And it's a LOVELY coin.......
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Blocked.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Whoa!! I've had dealings with this same guy! I specify in my listings that buyer's notify me within 24 hours of their payment method. I'm way small time and can't afford to wait around. This guy failed to notify me and failed to respond to emails until I finally escalated to a dispute and discontinued communication with him. Then he wanted to send a money order. Forget it, wouldn't trust that it was real. Block this guy immediately!!! I've been lucky and only had one buyer, so far, like him.
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a jerk. Thanks for the heads up & sorry you were the "lucky one." Jeez ...
    mirabela
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Greg

please invite him here!!!

• Blocked.

This is so strange... It is as if he has you confused with someone else. Why didn't he just ask for a refund?

Thanks for the heads up.
    //ab

• FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977

<< <i>Well, this is going from bad to worse....

I just now recieved the following message from this person via the EBAY message system. I am filing a complaint with EBAY, as this is 'off the charts' weird. I have edited the message to eliminate the obviously vulgar language...but in the message to me, it is spelled out in all its original and full glory. This is his latest reply to me:

Not only do I NOT like the coin, I don't like getting fu__ed with bulls__t descriptions either. PQ your fu__ing mother! Close to XF ? Bulls__t! Kiss my as_! You are obviously a pr__k. You won't be forgotten. If you want to buy back the piece s__t let know know. I'll give my price and then we'll see if you still want to buy it. Now taking a fu__in' hike.

If this message gets zapped by the moderators, I will understand and I apologize in advance, but I think it is a public service to make forum members aware of this disturbed individual. >>

This person needs psychiatric help. And needs to be NARU'd. I hope ebay does the right thing here and boots his tail and removes the unwarranted neg.
  • maddogalemaddogale Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Just another California weirdo!!!!! image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do believe this guy just got his negative feedback for you removed.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    What a idiot. He's blocked. I sure don't need his business.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked.

(I do not sell coins on ebay but did not want to feel left out. image )
  • MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    We should all send him encouraging messages through ebay, to help him through his a-hole disorder.... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Blocked - thanks for the heads up
  • CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Wow, he's blocked.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

I just now recieved the following message from this person via the EBAY message system. I am filing a complaint with EBAY, as this is 'off the charts' weird. I have edited the message to eliminate the obviously vulgar language...but in the message to me, it is spelled out in all its original and full glory. This is his latest reply to me:

Not only do I NOT like the coin, I don't like getting fu__ed with bulls__t descriptions either. PQ your fu__ing mother! Close to XF ? Bulls__t! Kiss my as_! You are obviously a pr__k. You won't be forgotten. If you want to buy back the piece s__t let know know. I'll give my price and then we'll see if you still want to buy it. Now taking a fu__in' hike.

If this message gets zapped by the moderators, I will understand and I apologize in advance, but I think it is a public service to make forum members aware of this disturbed individual. >>

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.

• << <i>I hope his recent feedback was your neg on him.

Whatta jerk! >>

Pot. Kettle. Black.
    Having Fun At Other Peoples Expenses, One Day At A Time!
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

Oh My!!! I can hardly believe this kind of message by a sane person. You know, I once received a VERY RUDE NEG a month or so after I sold an item. I promptly e-mailed the person and asked what the problem was, and why he/she didn't contact me. Well, a few weeks later, the NEG disappeared, and the buyer informed me that someone had HIJACKED his e-mail acct. Maybe that's the case here???imageText
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we have a question about buyers remorse here yesterday or the day before? Perhaps he'll settle down and rethink what he's said and done.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hope his recent feedback was your neg on him.

Whatta jerk! >>

Pot. Kettle. Black. >>

Ah...the forum "newbie" jumps in with nothing to add, just an attack. Doesn't even have a profile but "if you knew what I do and who I am...."
    Heh.

I won't derail Greg's thread after this. Greg is a good guy. I have seen him post nothing negative or bad in the time I have been here and he has sponsored some cool contests. I stand behind my opinion that, as it has been portrayed (and no reason to doubt him), the guy who bid/won/negged Greg IS a jerk.
    If you have something to add, in that area, feel free.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• PetescornerPetescorner Posts: 1,220 ✭✭
    Offer him a 200% refund. Then keep the coin without sending the money back. If you're gonna get a Neg, you might as well deserve it. image
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't reply to the neg... if eBay doesn't remove it, just put a link to this thread in the reply and have someone report it. You'll get a warning and the neg removed.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Three thoughts,

1- wow, do I have a long block list.

B. Nice coin IMO.

and, as started earlier, 'he removed his FB with that last message'. Maybe thank him.

thanks for sharing
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Not sure i understand about the feedback being removed. It is still there.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure i understand about the feedback being removed. It is still there. Steve >>

His last comment was so over-the-top that ebay may naru him and remove the neg that he left.

I have blocked him, thanks.

--Jerry
  • Fortunately I've never run into that big of an idiot on Ebay yet. Close, but that is someone that needs professional help. My guess is that this behavior isn't just relegated to his Ebay buying.......customer from hell.
    I'm not sure what some of you are talking about the negative is still there. When I was attempting to block him through ebay I brought the situation to the attention of ebay and they said that because it is a complete transaction there is nothing they can do
    Best Regards,

Rob

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. Nobody selling on EBay really needs to put up with this ridiculous baloney!

Blocked.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    image....BLOCKED!!

Brian

I LOVE image TALON HEAD, PEG LEG & ERROR IKES! image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    This is interesting. He just requested my info through eBay.

Russ, NCNE
    Russ,

Can he still email you if you blocked him?
    Best Regards,

Rob

Ah, I see he added a followup to his feedback.

<< <i>Nice Coin. Fast Ship. Thanks.
    Buyer robohog2000 ( private ) Mar-07-07 12:57 200082540981
    Follow-up by robohog2000: WHY DID YOU BLOCK ME. I PAID IN 5 MIN. GUESS I WON IT TO CHEAP. NO CLASS A_HOLE Mar-09-07 11:50 >>

Russ, NCNE

<< <i>Russ,

Can he still email you if you blocked him? >>

Sure. He can also call me on the phone if he wants.

Russ, NCNE
  • flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely, 100% BLOCK'd.
    I just added this response to his followup:

You are blocked because of the vulgar way you treated seller greghansen.

Russ, NCNE
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sure. He can also call me on the phone if he wants.

Russ, NCNE >>

You may have to put his phone number in your callblock list...

<< <i><< Sure. He can also call me on the phone if he wants.

Russ, NCNE >>

You may have to put his phone number in your callblock list... >>

Nah, I'd actually like to talk to him to find out why he went whacko on Greg.

Russ, NCNE

• flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nah, I'd actually like to talk to him to find out why he went whacko on Greg. >>

I'm rather hoping he joins this thread. Think of the DRAMA!
  • sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Blocked.....had to. After he realizes he is blocked by so many sellers, I did not want him turning to me as a last resort. What a jerk this guy is.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I wish there was an option, as a seller, to block all bids from bidders with private feedback.

<< <i>Ah, I see he added a followup to his feedback.

<< <i>Nice Coin. Fast Ship. Thanks.
    Buyer robohog2000 ( private ) Mar-07-07 12:57 200082540981
    Follow-up by robohog2000: WHY DID YOU BLOCK ME. I PAID IN 5 MIN. GUESS I WON IT TO CHEAP. NO CLASS A_HOLE Mar-09-07 11:50 >>

Russ, NCNE >>

Boy, does this guy need to take a couple of Steven Covey or Dale Carnegie classes or what?

Somebody might want to clue him in that some dealers and collectors actually speak with each other, establish business relationships along with personal relationships! Translation: You might have to play hard ball once in a long while but you better have your "ducks in a row" so you do not look like this individual!
    Best Regards,

Rob

<< <i>I wish there was an option, as a seller, to block all bids from bidders with private feedback. >>

That would be a great option!
    Best Regards,

Rob

• ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boy, does this guy need to take a couple of Steven Covey or Dale Carnegie classes or what? >>

Or a switch to decaf at the very least.
  • mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    >>>>>>>>I wish there was an option, as a seller, to block all bids from bidders with private feedback>>>>>>>>

• coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked! Thanks for the heads up. That guy has problems.
  • Good candidate for the old turd in a box trick.
  • coinmickeycoinmickey Posts: 767 ✭✭
    100.....and BTW BLOCKED!!

Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file