Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillsGridironGreats said:
    I have a couple 2013 Score #266 Justin Tucker cards at PSA. Not aware of any other 2013 cards for him.

I have several but I have never thought of it as a RC since it is part of that Super Bowl subset and not an official RC

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Yes I give Eli credit fir durability. It certainly helps if you are a pocket passer who never runs.
    He has surely benefited from the rule changes. He is well liked and respected.....count me in on that also.
    So I do think he gets in.
    On another subject for me the pro bowl has become unwatchable. They might as well be playing checkers.
    Can't wait to see Mahomes in the SB. I mentioned above 5 QB's you needed to prepare for. There is no preparing for him unless you just post a guy or 2 on him and then he seems to be able to escape and do something.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    Yes I give Eli credit fir durability. It certainly helps if you are a pocket passer who never runs.
    He has surely benefited from the rule changes. He is well liked and respected.....count me in on that also.
    So I do think he gets in.
    On another subject for me the pro bowl has become unwatchable. They might as well be playing checkers.
    Can't wait to see Mahomes in the SB. I mentioned above 5 QB's you needed to prepare for. There is no preparing for him unless you just post a guy or 2 on him and then he seems to be able to escape and do something.

He has 2 Super Bowl MVPs in New York both besting Brady and one was against the undefeated team. There is no doubt he gets in. Not even an Eli guy, but he gets in.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • When do they announce the decade team? At the NFL Honors on Saturday?

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    I hope somebody here won the 65 Hill 9
    There are a few doing the 65 set that seem to have unlimited funds.

If you type a cert # in the certification verification field, it shows you who owns the card if it's registered.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Well my one bright spot from the senior class. Got this TTM a few years back:

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020 3:50PM

s> @shagrotn77 said:

@jay0791 said:

If you type a cert # in the certification verification field, it shows you who owns the card if it's registered.

I haven’t found this to be true. Just tried again to no avail.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    s> @shagrotn77 said:

@jay0791 said:

Work on Registered cards, just page down after you verify the cert. Some only show "in private inventory"..But others show like this

"Current PSA Registry Sets:

This cert is currently in Set Registry inventory and is featured in one or more sets, including 20Barry20."

And Andy, you know exactly what card I was checking on..Oh Johnny, my Johnny..LOL

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It worked for me, checked a card in my inventory, but not associated with a set yet and one that was. It doesn't list all sets that it's associated with if applicable to multiple, though. However, I'm not sure that I like the feature.

@JasP24 said:

@DBesse27 said:
    s> @shagrotn77 said:

@jay0791 said:

Work on Registered cards, just page down after you verify the cert. Some only show "in private inventory"..But others show like this

"Current PSA Registry Sets:

This cert is currently in Set Registry inventory and is featured in one or more sets, including 20Barry20."

And Andy, you know exactly what card I was checking on..Oh Johnny, my Johnny..LOL

Ha. Mr. U. ain’t going anywhere. Lol. I love that card!

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

My final HOF guesses for Class of 2020

Troy Polamalu
    Edgerrin James
    Steve Hutchinson
    Tony Boselli
    John Lynch

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

@JasP24 said:
    My final HOF guesses for Class of 2020

Troy Polamalu
    Edgerrin James
    Steve Hutchinson
    Tony Boselli
    John Lynch

I would like to see your first 3 get in, along with Faneca. Even though I know 2 guards is a long shot

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• jmdvm7jmdvm7 Posts: 30 ✭✭

P.T.Barnum strikes again. Winston Hill RC, ungraded but described as ex/exmt by Greg Morris for $158

• Wonder what the Nrmt one at Greg Morris will go for? there are two PSa 8's on Feebay now - $2999 and $4995 if you are interested.

Personally I see this card in 8 ending up @ $600-700 and 7 half of that.

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

I am happy to see that Butler is finally going to be able to have his case heard by the voters. I hope it makes it past the first cut down...not expecting him to be elected. he was the first 30 INT/20 Sack DB. He was the focal point of the Broncos attack in SB XXXII, by that is what that Shanahan wanted to make sure that he wouldn't impact the game. From Bob McGinns Super Bowl book... "the whole game plan was to see if we could get LeRoy out of the run game" said Heimerdinger.

When you look at the stats between Polamolu, Atwater, Butler and Lynch. Butler and Polamolu are very similar numbers, while Atwater and Lynch have similar numbers. Butler and Polamolu were also 4X First Team All Pros while Lynch and Atwater were only 2X first team All Pros. Atwater and Lynch have the big tackle numbers but don't have the sacks. Butler was the start of the blitzing/run stuffing/TE coverage safety.

One of my lasting memories of going to Packer games will be looking him in the eye as he walked up the tunnel that final time after he broke his shoulder blade. I had a feeling at the time that it might have been the end.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

HOF changed the rules this year because it wants five modern day players to get in so with the Centennial class, they have 20 for 20. Will be no up or down vote on the final 5. When the field is cut from 10 to 5, the 5 are in.

• Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭

When do they announce the 5 new inductees, what time tomorrow?

@Doc1962 said:
    When do they announce the 5 new inductees, what time tomorrow?

Officially during the NFL Honors show that airs at 8PM..But names will start leaking once the meeting is over...Sometime between 1 PM and 4:30PM EST

edited February 1, 2020 8:20AM

I had 6 I was having a hard time narrowing to 5. Eventually I cut L.Butler. My five:

Polamalu
    E. James
    I. Bruce
    Faneca
    S.Hutchinson

edit to add: I know they won’t take 2 guards, but they’re both deserving.

Yaz Master Set

Meeting over...

So far running tally...
    Leroy Butler not final 5

Boselli not in either.

No Boselli....WOW

I am happy to see that Butler is finally going to be able to have his case heard by the voters. I hope it makes it past the first cut down...not expecting him to be elected> @JasP24 said:

Meeting over...

So far running tally...
    Leroy Butler not final 5

did he make cut to 10?

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

Richard Seymour, who had made the final 10 among this year’s Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists, looks ahead to next year after missing out on induction.

@jradke4 said:
    I am happy to see that Butler is finally going to be able to have his case heard by the voters. I hope it makes it past the first cut down...not expecting him to be elected> @JasP24 said:

Meeting over...

So far running tally...
    Leroy Butler not final 5

did he make cut to 10?

He did not

Edgerrin James and Reggie Wayne fall short in Hall of Fame vote.

Atwater a Hall of Famer

Edge, Polamalu in. Lynch out.

• dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

3/5 so far

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.

Isaac Bruce in as well 4/5

title.

Hutchinson to make 5/5

title.

Hutchinson the 5th.

Looks like I got bad info on Edge earlier. Glad he made it

Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2020:

Steve Atwater
    Isaac Bruce
    Steve Hutchinson
    Edgerrin James
    Troy Polamalu

3/5 in my guesses. Would have been 4/5 but changed from Atwater to Lynch last minute. Solid class.

Boselli makes the final 10 for the 4th time in a row and still doesn’t get in. Only surprise but Sir Isaac was also long overdue

Jason, any word yet on who made the cut to 10 among the non-inductees?

@shagrotn77 said:
    Jason, any word yet on who made the cut to 10 among the non-inductees?

Tony Boselli, Alan Faneca, John Lynch, Zach Thomas, Richard Seymour

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised no Boselli

but good class

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • A very nice Honors ceremony tonight. Lots of deserving selections. Did anyone see the "Players Only" conversation on NFL network? https://www.facebook.com/nflnetwork/videos/480577149272055/

Pretty interesting commentary. I was particularly struck by Kurt Warner's comments at 3:20. I get his point that the HOF should be the best of the best, but I think the HOF should be a history of the sport and all the greats throughout the years. The game is ever changing and every generation has their hero's who deserve this lifetime recognition.

With two, arguably three, first ballot candidates next year, some of the very deserving candidates from this year will likely have to wait for that knock on the door for at least another year.

Side comment. I saw Antonio Brown's apology and it has me thinking; If he never plays another down, is he a HOFer?

Screw Boselli.

Yaz Master Set

• If Warner thinks the HOF should be the best of the best - He wouldn't be in it!

Manning and Woodson are 1st ballet locks. Is Calvin Johnson? How long does Jared Allen wait?

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

What about Kevin Williams? Also very deserving and I think he is eligible next year. I believe Megatron will have to wait a few years like Patrick Willis.

• @BillsGridironGreats said:
    If Warner thinks the HOF should be the best of the best - He wouldn't be in it!

Manning and Woodson are 1st ballet locks. Is Calvin Johnson? How long does Jared Allen wait?

That was Warner's point. He was telling Deion and LT that he questioned if he belonged with the likes of them.

Way too early 2021 HOF class prediction

Manning
    Woodson
    Faneca
    Lynch
    Thomas

@sufferingbillsfan said:

That was Warner's point. He was telling Deion and LT that he questioned if he belonged with the likes of them.

Way too early 2021 HOF class prediction

Manning
    Woodson
    Faneca
    Lynch
    Thomas

At some point I think Butler will get in...maybe its with Woodson...the Packers vs Indy HOF was canceled a few years ago when there were both Packers and Colts inducted..maybe this will get them to try again

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

I think Calvin will have to wait. Statistically speaking, I don’t think he was as good as he’s widely regarded. Allen seemed like a lock at one point, but he really fell off his last couple years. I say he waits 3-5 years.

My early 2021 predictions:
    Peyton Manning
    Charles Woodson
    Tony Boselli
    John Lynch
    Richard Seymour

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

How many years before Boselli falls off modern committee? I think Faneca makes it instead of Boselli, although Boselli should eventually get in.

@shawther said:
    How many years before Boselli falls off modern committee? I think Faneca makes it instead of Boselli, although Boselli should eventually get in.

I hope you’re right. Faneca should already be in and I don’t think Boselli deserves it. I also don’t think Seymour deserves it either, even though I’m a big Pats fan.

Yaz Master Set

@shawther said:

Boselli has 6 more years as a modern candidate...

This was the 4th time he's made the cut to 10. There isn't anyone who's made the cut to 10 4 times and not eventually be inducted. And only 1 player who made the cut to 10 three times who isn't now a HOFer and that's Bob Kuechenberg. John Lynch and Faneca made the cut to 10 for their 3rd time this class as well...

Faneca certainly deserving as well, maybe he increases his votes next year with Hutchinson now in. Could see Faneca AND Boselli going in together next year as well...

Seymour being a 1st Team All Decade guy, for the best Team of the Decade took a good step making the cut to 10...In what is about to become a crowded Defensive Line group in the next few years...Patriots, aside from Brady and Belichick don't have a ton of HOF options to join Ty Law...Seymour EASILY the best guy from those early Patriots teams..With Gronk seemingly a lock from the later teams..Maybe Logan Mankins? Vince Wilfork? Making the cut to 10 in only his 3rd year of eligibility should guarantee Seymour going to get in.

Ones to worry about? 2021 Final shot for Clay Matthews...He's somewhat the anti-Boselli...Played forever, but wasn't ever dominant or tops at his position. 2022 the last year for Sam Mills...I dont see him getting in as a modern candidate either, particularly with Zach Thomas making the big jump to the top 10 this time..Steve Tasker another who will run out of modern eligibility in 2022...I applaud the efforts to get a pure ST guy who didnt put foot on ball into the HOF, but just cant see it..Whats next? HOF Long Snapper?

Here is the list of players who made the cut to 10 (actually started as a cut to 8) since they began the cutdown process in 2004 who have not yet been elected to the HOF---

Modern:
    Tony Boselli-2017-2018-2019-2020
    Alan Faneca-2018-2019-2020
    John Lynch-2016-2017-2020
    Richard Seymour-2020
    Zach Thomas-2020

Coach/Contributors:
    Don Coryell-2016

Players who are now Senior Candidates:
    Bob Kuechenberg-2004-2006-2008 (2009 was last year eligible)
    L.C. Greenwood-2006 (2006 was last year eligible)
    Joe Jacoby-2016 (2018 was last year eligible)

As you can see, aside from guys making the cut to 10 in their last few years of eligibility its a virtual lock for all others.

• Anyone heard how the HOF plans to go forward on senior picks in 2021. The 1 or 2 alternating process was a 5 year temporary process starting in 2015. Are they going to 2 or 3 per year?

Anyone heard how the HOF plans to go forward on senior picks in 2021. The 1 or 2 alternating process was a 5 year temporary process starting in 2015. Are they going to 2 or 3 per year?

Officially no..Same with coaches, grumblings that they could be included with contributor category like they were for 2020 for the foreseeable future but not likely to get any word on this until Summer. My best guess, they go back to 1 Senior and 1 coach/contributor..Either both each year or one of the two categories every other year...I see them decreasing the seniors now after "clearing out the backlog"...

Other pending issues....
    -Increase in number of voters. Both in the modern candidate meeting/discussion as well as for the seniors/coaches/contributors...
    -Changes to the 25/15/10/5 voting format