Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Come share any picture!

Comments

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>pretty amazing picture of my grandfather carrying former heavyweight champ Jack Dempsey off the Coast Guard ship

image >>

Your grandfather was a GM1 just like me...
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Okay, we all know about superstitions and sports. I posted a picture of my daughter that was in the newspaper a week or two ago. After doing so, she has done quite well in her next two tournaments. Well, she appeared in the paper again and I can't be responsible for breaking the trend. Here is a picture of my daughter warming up in a big conference match up in which she had a 3 game series of 658.

• Options
    Perk, it looks like the popular hairstyle up there is the opposite of down here....if ya know what I mean image

Anyways, went to the Lightning game last night with my dad. We were walking through downtown and saw this Auburn truck parked outside the Hyatt. Both the Tigers, and the Northwestern football team were in attendance last night.

Fight broke out in front of us near the end of the game too. It was great to see it up close for once. I've never sat down low at a Lightning game ($$$), so the 4th row tickets my dad got me for Christmas were pretty sweet. Plus any time I get to a game without using my ticket package is a treat image

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Perk, it looks like the popular hairstyle up there is the opposite of down here....if ya know what I mean"

Hey Goot, I think its popular because alot of us dont have a choice! image
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    We had this Prime Rib for Christmas dinner. I got a Treager grill for my birthday in November and just love it. This was the first Prime Rib with Garlic I have ever cooked. It was yummy!!
  • Options

Showing off my Topps 08 Bseball card.. Anybody else make their own through Topps ?
  • Options
    That thread did get interesting, hence leaving it.

Nice to meet you LSU.
  • Options
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting thread >>

Nice thread . You guys are good.image

Even though I may pezzz some folks off here , now and then , I just hope I never land in the "twi-lite- "zone" these wipes always seem to land.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

A chip off the old block..

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

You got to be joking, this guy was that FREAKL Kshorton? What a complete loser if its true image
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bryon, ask her which ones look like good candidates for a bump.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Great pic Elemenopeo. image
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A chip off the old block..

image >>

-------------------------------------

Is this Joe Orlando introducing the newest PSA grader? I know PSA will do just about anything to make money...but hiring kids to grade..that's a new low!
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's

goye
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    goye -

that is a classic KC Scouts greeting card

cheers
  • Options
    Just had to share these. Pics don't do cards justice. Crappy scanner !! I posted on another thread but only had the link. Forgot how to put pic inside of thread !! lol Been awhile.
    Sent 5 cards in and these 2 got bumped !! Still say Orr should have bumped. I barely see a touch on that corner under 10 magnification. Supposed to be by eye not magnification.
    Well maybe in a couple more years !!
    Cheers, Steve

Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Options
    OUCH, you guys are rough. I see my picture has been desecrated. What is the pumpkin significance ? Halloween was monhs ago. WHy not use a turkey or something related to the recent holidays. All in good fun.
    Fo shizzle on my nizzle Dizzle ? I bet you would like that.
  • Options
    1970 - Not my favorite design of hockey cards - but that is one bevy of stars I would not toss away.

I don't think Bobby Orr had a card that was ugly until he was in a Blackhawks jersey. (even though I like the Hawks kit)
  • Options
    Last night at USF's basketball game against Rutgers (which we won 73-64), our new football coach, Skip Holtz, made an appearance. At first he spoke at mid court during halftime, then pointed straight at us all in the student section. He went and did an interview real quick, then sure enough, he was in the middle of the student section shaking hands, telling us about how much he is enjoying Tampa and his excitement for the future. It's great to have the Holtz family on board in Tampa image

Here's one of the pictures I snapped.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i think skip is a very good coach, good luck with him, i think its a great hire.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

Update:

<< <i>image >>

Stanley Kubrick is making a movie about the rock in this Photo!

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    That would be a neat trick
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Our son's cat, Rufus, seems to be reading up on the latest prices in SMR...I wonder if he's making plans for some of my collectibles...image

• Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    First, my new TV that I received at Christmas..

Next, the reason why my new TV has a nice big crack in it..
  • Options
    Ouch , Dog should be grounded......image
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Brett
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    LOL, great pictures Brett!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    looks like a great party.

congrats!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Our 6-month-old Lab mix "Algebra"-- outside of our kitchen window.

We've had about 5 feet of snow over the last few days.

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Not as much snow as some people but its a lot for us here. This has officially been the most snow filled winer on record for this area. Don't pay attention to the date on the photo. I am not sure how to change it. All of my pictures are misdated. Maybe I should just get a new camera.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Cruising around after our snow storm and I came upon a snowdrift. I thought "Hey let's jump it" I succeeded the jump only to land in the middle of another snow drift. It took a Bobcat to dig me out.

Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    here is a picture my dad took from the first storm last week.

• Options
    View from the student section during our basketball game today vs. St. Johns. Unfortunately we played probably our worst game of the season and lost, so we're 16-10 overall and 6-8 in the Big East...

• Options
    This is me from my latest deployment to Afghanistan...
    Collecting 49 Bowman Master set..both raw/graded
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is me from my latest deployment to Afghanistan...
    image >>

Thank you for your service---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Thank you for serving our country.
  • Options
    Here are a couple of pictures of my daughter competing in the IHSA State Bowling Tournament. She placed 20th in the state by averaging 209.5 over 12 games, including a 718 series in the last 3 game block.

• Options
    I entered this car i designed in the toyota racing "design a car" contest, CLICK HERE IF YOU WANT TO VOTE ON IT , i might not win but it sure would be fun trying,, thanks,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are a couple of pictures of my daughter competing in the IHSA State Bowling Tournament. She placed 20th in the state by averaging 209.5 over 12 games, including a 718 series in the last 3 game block. >>

209.5???????

Dude... I suck... lol

I'm 33 and have a 183 average.
  • Options
    My job in Agriculture- About 50 years ago. Before my time.

Terrible fake

imageimageimage
  • Options
    209.5???????

Dude... I suck... lol

I'm 33 and have a 183 average.

Yea, I've quit competing against her. Her composite average this year is 202 and she's a junior in high school.
  • Options
    it's great to see so many people happy. thanks everyone for sharing! image
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a picture of my American Bulldog, Nikki. So the other day I'm about to leave for work, and I go out into the back yard to see my dogs. I find Angie (chocolate lab) right away, but Nikki's nowhere to be found. I call her, and still no dog. So I look towards the back fence, and I see her out behind our magnolia tree. I call her again, and she comes racing over. Quick lick on the hand, and off she goes back behind the magnolia tree. Hmm, what's up with this. So I walk over there and see the scene below. Now my Nikki ain't no smart dog, but she knows what love is. She was having fun with her new buddy, but wasn't hip on possums playing possum. Soon after Nikki wandered away, her new buddy did too. Poor dumb dog.
    image >>

Thats a hilarious story! What a cute bulldog!
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    edit: 1,500th post on this thread.....wow.

Yankees spring training game from a few weeks ago.

Went to the Florida Tech-University of Tampa baseball game with my dad (FIT alum). They (UT) have a beautiful campus and a great location right in downtown Tampa. My girlfriend will be going there next fall and I have a feeling I'll be making the 15 minute drive from USF into downtown even more often than I already do image
    Anyways, here's the view from their stadium with the northern part of downtown in the background.

I met Vinny Lecavalier the other day at a FREE signing in a mall here in Tampa. Class act as always image

Here's the sig on my Lecavalier jersey:

I went to the Lightning home finale tonight against the "stinkin' Panthers." Stamkos notched his 49th and 50th goals on the season in the shootout win for us, tying Ovechkin for the league lead. Great way to finish out the season, but I am pretty bummed no more hockey...