Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Come share any picture!

Comments

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my middle one...at a WWII air show last year in front of an F4U Corsair (remember the show BahBah Blacksheep??)
  • Options
    Nice shots, all! You are blessed.

Some recent pics of da boys:

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    This one was Sunday at the Zoo in DC. It was nearly 100 degrees. That is hot for us Northerners.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Here's one of me at a poker tournament a few months ago that I finished 6th in. It was good enough to get my own profile on Bluff Magazine's website. I'm not sure whether I'm concentrating very hard or falling asleep, but either way, I have way too much product in my hair.

Lee
  • Options
    Mascot for the Fighting Pomeranians Fantasy Football Team
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

John

What are like...

17?

I got shoes in the closet older than you!

Mike
  • Options
    ChicagoGlen

Very interesting painting - I like it and the woodworking looks super also.

I didn't know we had a Renaissance man in the crowd!

Nice pics also.

Thanx for sharing.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>stone- I was getting ready to be born when that picture was taken (10-23-79) How old is your son now? >>

Tonya

He's 23 and tho he was a great child and a really good son - he's one big money pit!

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Here's one of me at a poker tournament a few months ago that I finished 6th in. It was good enough to get my own profile on Bluff Magazine's website. I'm not sure whether I'm concentrating very hard or falling asleep, but either way, I have way too much product in my hair.

Lee >>

Lee - nice pic!

I can hear Norman Chad saying - "why does everyone look like they're waiting to see the dentist...get excited! You're playing for a half a million dollars!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    NightCrawler

You son does look a bit dazed but a great shot!

Glad to see you're a proud dad!

thanx for sharing
    BTW, did you change your icon?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Brian

That's a great picture! How long were you in the marines?

Mark

Wow - the house of scientology - I know that makes you proud.

And man are you old!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    18, Mike..

glad to know your keeping your dirty old sneaks around =-)

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a picture of my son Gordon. He looks like he's in another world because he just won gold at the Alberta Bantam B Provincial Championship and he suffered a cracked rib, concusion, and seven stitches to the chin during the game. >>

A future Edmonton Oiler in the making!

Nice pic!

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Zef, it appears that you are a classic "normal pronator".

I highly recommend the Asics Gel Nimbus VIII for your long distance training (or multiple trips up and down your parents' basement stairs while you retrieve those mint Bowman football cards you didn't know you had).
  • Options
    John,

You got some deep pockets for an 18 year old. Collecting the following issues.

57 topps FB NM or better
    55 topps baseball VG-ex or better
    55 topps all american football EX or better
    69 topps basketball exmt or better
    86 fleer basketball nm/m or better

When I was your age it was 1991 Score and Donruss and not a thing more.

Nice work and good luck on your chase!!!!

Carpe Diem
  • Options

<< <i>18, Mike..

glad to know your keeping your dirty old sneaks around =-)

John >>

Sure enuff...

One thing for sure also - you guys will be chatting here long after I'm posting boobs in the hereafter!

Mike
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    recent trip to DC with my girlfried Laura. Hope she doesn't mind my posting of this pic.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Slatsme-
    it's a bit of a slow process. I try and do it pretty cheap (otherwise known as, raw).

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

This is me and my boy Piper crusing on Lake Geneva, Wisconsin back in May. image
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Slatsme-
    it's a bit of a slow process. I try and do it pretty cheap (otherwise known as, raw).

John >>

John- I hear ya. I have traded with you a bunch and I know you are a great raw set builder.

Glen-

Your dad is mistaken about Wrigley. My Uncle played in the championship in '64 and it was at Soldiers. He played for Lane Tech and they got spanked by Chicago Vocational. Give him a few beers and you'll hear the story..."they should have won"..."they were the better team"..."it killed his football scholarship"...

Which leads me to another point. He played baseball after he lost his scholarship. Bounced around the minors for 6 years after high school when he finally got the call. He was called up and went to Comiskey to sign his contract. They looked at him, were happy, had their meeting and then took out the pens. When the GM(or whoever actually signed back in 1970) was about to sign, they said, "Wait a minute. You're 24? You are much too old to start playing professional baseball."

He went down to the locker room, which they already let him move into, and gathered all his stuff. He put his glove, the 3 bats he brought with him, and his new "Sox" hat in a pile in the center of the locker room. He was a smoker and religously carried a Zippo and the fuel. He dumped the fuel on the gear. He lit the Zippo and dropped it on the pile in the middle of the locker room.

He walked out of Comisky Field and never stepped foot on a diamond again.

He, and my dad were raised on the north side. They both went to Lane Tech which is 14 blocks west of Wrigley on Addison(the street Wrigley is on). Needless to say, he was "burned" by the Sox.

I'm a Cubs fan. For better or worse. I was at that game you were at with your dad. Some guy in the bathroom wanted to fight me because I thought he was crazy for thinking the Sox got a good deal trading Sammy Sosa to the Cubs. Lunacy.

BTW, tell your dad he was at Soldiers for that game. My uncle scored the only touchdown in Lane's 30-7 loss.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Slatsme-

John >>

Glen-

Your dad is mistaken about Wrigley. My Uncle played in the championship in '64 and it was at Soldiers. He played for Lane Tech and they got spanked by Chicago Vocational. Give him a few beers and you'll hear the story..."they should have won"..."they were the better team"..."it killed his football scholarship"...

Which leads me to another point. He played baseball after he lost his scholarship. Bounced around the minors for 6 years after high school when he finally got the call. He was called up and went to Comiskey to sign his contract. They looked at him, were happy, had their meeting and then took out the pens. When the GM(or whoever actually signed back in 1970) was about to sign, they said, "Wait a minute. You're 24? You are much too old to start playing professional baseball."

He went down to the locker room, which they already let him move into, and gathered all his stuff. He put his glove, the 3 bats he brought with him, and his new "Sox" hat in a pile in the center of the locker room. He was a smoker and religously carried a Zippo and the fuel. He dumped the fuel on the gear. He lit the Zippo and dropped it on the pile in the middle of the locker room.

He walked out of Comisky Field and never stepped foot on a diamond again.

He, and my dad were raised on the north side. They both went to Lane Tech which is 14 blocks west of Wrigley on Addison(the street Wrigley is on). Needless to say, he was "burned" by the Sox.

I'm a Cubs fan. For better or worse. I was at that game you were at with your dad. Some guy in the bathroom wanted to fight me because I thought he was crazy for thinking the Sox got a good deal trading Sammy Sosa to the Cubs. Lunacy.

BTW, tell your dad he was at Soldiers for that game. My uncle scored the only touchdown in Lane's 30-7 loss. >>

That's what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Morrell and Stone,

Thanks for the praise on the paintings. I started last year and have never taken an art class in my life. Same with woodworking but I started two months ago. I like to try to figure stuff out. I like two artist that paint in very similar styles. Todd White and Clifford Bailey. The thing is I do not want to pay $3000-$10,000 for a painting. So one day after a stressful day at work I stopped at Michael's and picked up soome paints and canvas. I guess it worked out because I went into a gallery to frame one of my paintings and I had a show a month later.

Woodworking is the same thing:

I like Mission Style/Art's and Craft's furniture. But again they cost a few grand per piece. (Solid Quarter Sawn oak) So my inlaws like the furniture as well so I come home from work two months ago and find a brand new table saw in my garage. THe table I made is now in their living room.

I am a Distribution Facicily Manager and you never get to look back at the end of the day see your accomplishments. With these other hobbies I picked up it's nice to have a beer at the end of the day and see that blank canvas coved in now Art, or those boards turned into functional furniture that will last for generations.

Zef,

Great story. I will tell my dad. It may have been earlier than 1964 and it may have been the Bears. I just no it was his first time ever at Wrigley to see a Cubs game. (White Sox Game)

Thanks all,

The next thing I am making is a set of similar tables with old baseball cards that everyone sent me a year ago or so. I will the epoxy resin them into the wood top. I can't wait to show you pictures of that.

Glen
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Zef, it appears that you are a classic "normal pronator".

I highly recommend the Asics Gel Nimbus VIII for your long distance training (or multiple trips up and down your parents' basement stairs while you retrieve those mint Bowman football cards you didn't know you had). >>

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Zef is keeping Sasquatch captive in his basement?
  • Options
    What the hell. A couple more pictures of my work.

These two are a work in process:

For a basement bar.

For my buddies Marti Gras Themed basement bar:

Pictures from the show:

• Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭

<< <i>

Jmnesq- Yes it's a sportsboard but I invade it sometimes with my girlie need to know people and see their families. Is that your little one in the picture? >>

Yeah, it's my boy. I get pictures with him and most of the Phillies during spring training...
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Alright, here is me in the middle with my wife in front of me. My oldest brother to my left and his two sons tanken last Christmas!

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    that art is really cool...

do you ever paint sober or is against the rules?

Julen
    TGIF
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Julen23,

Allot of Beer and some good music makes the paintings better! (I am not kidding) They just seem to flow better.
  • Options
    Very nice family shot Sting!

Glen

No schooling? You're a natural! I couldn't blend paint like that if my life depended on it!

Very nice work!

One of the guys reminds of of Ronnie Regan.

thanx for the pics!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    tkd

You take nice photos - DGF would be proud! I enjoyed them and unless your girlfriend is in the witness protection program - I don't think she would mind?

PD

Do you take your dog with you to the store? My cat rides with me - she's especially partial to McDonalds.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Glen - thanks for sharing more artwork.
    You are a very talented man.
    I'd definitely hang one in my office and be honored to do so.
    When does your show come to LA?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Mark,

I have not painted since the show so no traveling shows. (Not that good yet) I work on my house, yard, woodwork and attend White Sox games. I will paint again in the winter.

Let me know if you like anyone in particular and if I have it still they can alway's be mailed. image

I'll give you a steal of a deal!

Glen
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    I enjoyed them and unless your girlfriend is in the witness protection program - I don't think she would mind?

LOL
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>I enjoyed them and unless your girlfriend is in the witness protection program - I don't think she would mind?

LOL >>

You know how some girls never like how they look in photos? Especially after biking around the city? And now their photo is up on the web? But hey, she never looks here, and she is damn beautiful.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you see why I collect alone. Now you see why I built a house with a Den.
    A Den with a lock on the door and as far away from the other 3 bedrooms in the house!!
    Oh by the way, This my family. LOL It was taken a few years ago.
    My girls are 17, 16 and 14 now.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Glen-

Awesome paintings! You seem to be "OK" for a Sox fan. image

I love threads like this, you learn things about people outside of the realm of cardboard.

I gtta go let bigfoot out.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    You know how some girls never like how they look in photos? Especially after biking around the city? And now their photo is up on the web? But hey, she never looks here, and she is damn beautiful.

My wife is the same way so i know exactly what your saying
  • Options
    2Deuces

Super looking family photo!

3 girls? Wow do you have your hands full!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

The wife in the dugout and on the field at Yankee Stadium last month. She asked me to take her there before the new field is built, and it was our 5th anniversary.
    You guys don't need to see me. image

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I gtta go let bigfoot out. >>

Its about time Zef! Can you believe this guy? He doesnt let me use the bathroom in the house. I have to use this porta-potty. I promise to bring it back when Im done!
    --Sasquatch

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>Now you see why I collect alone. Now you see why I built a house with a Den.
    A Den with a lock on the door and as far away from the other 3 bedrooms in the house!!
    Oh by the way, This my family. LOL It was taken a few years ago.
    My girls are 17, 16 and 14 now. >>

Joe! Nice family!! Now I know why you're anxious to share your sports pc's with others!! image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I gtta go let bigfoot out. >>

Its about time Zef! Can you believe this guy? He doesnt let me use the bathroom in the house. I have to use this porta-potty. I promise to bring it back when Im done!
    --Sasquatch

image >>

Matt,

Either you've got one heck of a library of images, or you're the quickest Googler around!

Thanks for all the chuckles!
  • Options

<< <i>I gtta go let bigfoot out. >>

I've gotta go take a break after laughing so hard at these posts!

Thanks, y'all...
  • Options
    NYU Baseball's trip to Tampa, March 2006

More recent picture with short hair, courteousy of NYU team's upper classmen image. Im headlining the 169 Bar on 169 E. Broadway in the south east side of Manhattan.

And, uh, I like to show off my cute friends image

-Ian
  • Options

<< <i>

Matt,

Either you've got one heck of a library of images, or you're the quickest Googler around!

Thanks for all the chuckles! >>

Google and a weird sense of humor image
  • Options
    Weirder than this?

• Options

<< <i>Weirder than this?

image >>

Lets kick it....
  • Options

<< <i>Weirder than this?

image >>

Mike
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, Living with 4 women can get pretty dangerous at certain times of the month.
    But I have learned how to live in peace. The magic words are " Yes Dear" and
    " Bring me my wallet".
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.