• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    buddercat in his combat helmet
  • Options
    a cats way of flippin ya the bird
  • Options
    this was a stay that adopted me, ol yeller, he was blind in one eye,and was a huge cat,vey strong and would beat other ones half to death,but when he meowed he souded like a kitten lol
  • Options
    My 12 lb cat has no problem sitting next to my 80 lb German Shepard during feeding time...

• Options
    My stack of 1955 Red Mans...all graded a lofty PSA 5

My horde of cards

The other half of my card room, including my only card collecting friend, my cat, Quincey

My weak display of 1955 Red Mans...in order: Mays, Spahn, Ashburn, Berra

Weak 1955 Red Man display #2: Schoendienst, Reese, Wynn, Snider

• Options
    My buddy's favorite perch: on my shoulders, digging his nails into me image

• Options
    My kitty patrolling the grounds

• Options
    Just finished dinner.

1981-82 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1992-93 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1976 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1982 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1986 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1975 Topps Wacky Packages Series 15 PSA 9 or 10
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

from Labor Day Weekend.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
  • Options
    This thread hasn't gotten any action for a while and I just found this sweet pic so figured I would bump this up. The pic is of RB Kevin Smith for THE University of Central Florida scoring on an 80 yard TD run vs. NC ST. 3 weeks ago. If you haven't hear about him, you are missing out. 217 yards 2 tds in a win at NCST, 149 yards 2 tds in a 3 point loss vs. Texas, and 124 yards 3 tds in ONE HALF in today's 56-20 win over Memphis.

• Options
    Oh My God Mr. Gotsparks09 !!!

Aren't you at least a little bit afraid that the cat will chew up some of your stuff ??

I know that my cat absolutely loves to chew on plastic and I have caught her a couple of times chewing a few commons I had laying on the table .

That is only one of the reasons I hang almost everything on the walls

Your cat though , seems to be , just as you say , patroling the grounds .

That is too cool . . . The cat walk . . . LOL

Edited to repair horrible spelling

• Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Big mouth bass I caught

• Options
    I think I showed these in a different thread, but this is sturgeon fishing in Astoria Oregon.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I showed these in a different thread, but this is sturgeon fishing in Astoria Oregon. >>

My hometown! I've been stuck in California for 28 years now, but someday I'm going back for good.

Nice fish, BTW.

Geordie
  • Options
    as promised to be my 10,000 post name-wannaseemycollectionofhumanheads lol-one on other side two,,was a matching pair to keep jeep balanced, that was our intrepeter in the background there nhuyen doc hign-i think i spelled his last name right, dont know if he got out or not, interpreters were pretty high up on the kill em list for the vc
    for you people in concrete jungle,this is trees goats, and guineas
    this one knocked my wife over last year and broke her ankle lol-i thought it was funny,she thought differently,gotta watch the goats,they are sneaky
    working bazooka
    working bazooka ammo

old ww2 bomb i repainted ,very cool, boom,sorry bout that
    rocket launcher i used to blow up the hunting trailer on my property in another county last year,it was shot full of holes,so i put it out of its misery,that was fun,glad im good friends with alot of high up people lol

another of my ak-47s i sent home,this one with round barell mag,guy that was using it didnt need it anymore ,barell mag clips are hard to load,ill stick to 20 round clips taped together anyday,much quicker to change out -m-50 belt

ww2 shell
    m-70 bloop gun grenade launcher ammo
    more to come tonight after i get up from old man nap, including my oak tree in middle of garage ,with oak steps that go up to 2nd floor,57 chevy/31 ford truck/55 chevy truck in pieces lol,and lots of other implements of destruction
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    My friend's daughter

My friend and his daughter...if you can believe it image

• Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    A couple years ago me and my 5 year old boy were at the local lake and I caught this 20 inch catfish. My son was excited and he wanted to show his friends. I normally would just release the fish but we brought it home and put it in the 55 gallon aquarium. We kept it for 3 days so he could show all his friends. After that we brought it back to the lake and let it go. It did munch on a few tropical fish while we had it.

• Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Lil' Ryan A.K.A. BigDaddy Jr....hopefully I will be collecting his cards some day! He is the middle player in the maroon jerseys.

my oldest daughter Ellie
    and my baby girl Sophia

My girls...
    Mrs. Big Daddy, Ellie and Sophie
  • Options
    Rube your house is scary.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Rube those are some awesome photos, note to everyone, don't piss off Rube.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    thanx don lol,thats just 1 stall of my garage,1 is army, 2 is cards, 3 is vehiclesand parts,4 wheeler,motorcycle,cards,and military stuff lol ,pole building has other 57 chevy 2 door that i redone ,a 55 ford and 31 ford trucks im working on ,tried to get good pics of em but its dark and rainy out so they pretty well suck!wait till ya see my oak tree step thing going to the 2nd floor of garage,now that is crazy looking!, i about killed myself getting it in there,great place to hide stuff though,ill tryin and get em put on tonight, i dont know if u guys can dig the detail in it or not because they are dark pics,but are cool
  • Options
    this series of pics is 2 oak trees that were dead,i debarked em and schelacked em to be cool,so i thought it would be cool to have a psycho looking stairway in my death chamber lol,so i drug em thru door and about died doing it,and chain hoisted em with engine block chains till i got em to the ceiling,its kinda hard to make out because of tube light but there are deer heads ive killed,antlers,-m-50 belts/m-6- belts/barbed wire strands,a couple of hangman nooses,,bamboo,fake leaves,grapevines,fox furs,and sawmill cut stair made of oak too,this is the stairway to heaven lol-because thats where you are going if you ever get to the 3rd stall of my garage,look a whole lot better than the aluminum ladder i had there,not to mention i fell over backs ward on the ladder once and about killed myself! i am crazy by the way
    this is a burl on the side of the oak tree,what you pay big bucks for in furniture,they cut it in paper thin sheets for tables and stuff,is beautiful,i have 2 or 3 more im going to cut and incorporate in here somewhere
    the men in green faces-painted by me-ww2 nazi helmets- manachin heads look much better my way
  • Options
    wall of all kinds of nva & vc battle flags and ceramonial ones-wish it would have came out better,about 20 of em there,worth a small fortune-they didnt need em anymore
    another battleflag with me and somebody,i cant really tell who,was 2nd inf soldier and a "prisoner" lol

a chopper from 170th assault helicopter co falcons/stagecoach i had the pleasure of being on,when we got shot down,falling thru the air like lead really sucks
    same crash

31 ford truck i am building for entertainment,havnt worked on it in months-is going to be beautiful,pics sucks too dark
    55 chevy truck-same story
    the outlaw-my 57 chevy 2 door hardtop-all restored- yes,if you look inside there are silver dollars on the dashboard-and if ya look real good there are painted pinstripes on the car,fins , inside,all over it, it has flames on it too this car won alot of shows back when i did em- got a 55 chevy too im going to pull out of another building and redo...one day!!! when i die my kid is going to be very,very rich lol-i better sell this stuff fast!!i have a boat that i painted that says s.s.s. psyco on it lol,it paited in war theme,pow flag on front
  • Options
    2 sword on top are confederate civil war swords,rest are great bayonets from ww1/ww2/kora/nam/foreign, fencing anyone?
    part of trees i cleared years ago so i can see you coming
    my driveway,same concept 360 all the way around compound, its my clear cut tree moat
    this is my great greatgreat grandfathers old house,now a hunting cabin,built before civil war,is very cool place,i shoulda went in and took pics
    ww2 grease gun
    view of one wall from top of my wacky stair well with patches and impliment of destruction all over the wall, there are some guns too 5 in pic are m1 garrands ,there are more there,plaques that look the same are war dept cert's for different medals and stuff they give ya for almost dying alot for 26 years ,alot of em are for air medal given for flying time one is for #3 thru 23-i guess they got sick of sending out the certificates
    this is a gigantic solid brass ww2 naval shell that you can fit down in it,ive almost got it cleaned,ready to be buffed,might paint something crazy on it ,i dunno
  • Options
    this is my best friend,who was shot down in same crash,was other door gunner,the side with the m-60 pig gun was my side,butch took one on the leg pretty good and ended up at walter reed for a while,then came back,i soon followed in his footsteps and ended up at reed as well a few years later,i was trying to get the morphine and he said **ck that,take my picture!!! lol-looks like his leg is gone but its still there,walks just fine now, hes crazy too-we have fun at the d.a.v. meetings with the psychiatrists and counselors
    this is an original pic ofone of the evilest men who ever lived-adolph hitler-i bought a ww2 nazi uniform one time and there happened to be 3 ancient rolls of film in a secret pocket they missed somehow, i got a buddy who has a darkroomin his house developed em for me as i really didnt want to go to wal mart or something with them and get em ripped off,there are 3 rolls of der furher and nazi officers,and alot of really discusting things if u are of the faint of heart,im not,most were taken at the eagles nest for any ww2 buffs that the 101st took and got really drunk at with hitlers private stock
    things made by me out of brass,i have the largest metal scap pile in the world
    this is going to be our chopper,straight down to the #s and emblems and guns, i just got done tack welding it together last week and painted it od green,it about 3 foot long
    40 mm shell i painted with our mac sog emblem-im the guy they based macgyver tv show on by the way lol-i should get royalties
    these are cool plane i cut out a long time ago in many different sizes and bent em into my version of a f-117 stealth-painted in all kinds of diff styles,i even got one in a bar and in hooters on the wall-biggest one i evermade is 6 foot long,planned on putting an engine on it and scaring the hell out of people ,just never got around to it,its made out of aluminum,others are steel,so it will fly,so if you see a ufo,it might be me with a remote control f-117

same chopper crash,took a couple of rounds,this used to be the window,when yer getting shot at pucker up and sit on your helmet!!
    men in green faces again
  • Options
    this is butch before we got shot down,frame i made in same style theme as one of me after tet with the 2 aks in my thumbnail standing there wanting to kill everybody lol-was not a happy camper
    as a matterof fact-here it is
  • Options
    rube26105, I must say. You have had one of the most interesting lives one could ever imagine.

You are a living history book. Im sure that is just some of the stuff you have been a part of.

Totally amazing.

I loved the photos, the captions, and the stories. Great stuff.

By the way, I was just born when you were living this part of your life. Thanks for all you and your buddies have done and given up in Vietnam.

Would love to hear more.

Alway's enjoyed my grandfather's stories about WW2. He alway talked about the good stuff. Never heard about the bad. My grandmother said he was 18 when he left. Almost 22 when he came back. A different man got off the Queen Mary she said. Became a metal worker, bridges and buildings. Was never scared.

Thanks for sharing that stuff. TheThrill
    Man I miss the 80's!!!
  • Options
    thanx thrill,my dad was in ww2 in navy but i never knew him,saw him once that remember,he did ww2 on uss saratoga i think,,reupped,and got kicked out for something,knowing my family its hard to tell,he prob got drunk and put a beatdown on somebody,i know he had moretatoos than a rock star,prob even more than me all i know is he got a dishonable dischage after ww2 sometime but before korea started, he ended up in california somewhere and died a drunk, i have a half brother out there somewhere-never seen him, might be a lawyer or a hells angel for all i know lol-turn yer pm on,well talk
    randy
  • Options
    You're exactly right Mr.Thrill , I couldn't have said it any better .

Randy is an actual walking, talking history lesson .

Amazing pictures !

That 57 is off the charts too !

That's my pal right there , Glad to know him /you Randy
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Yep I love Randy...God Bless America and GOD BLESS RANDY!!!! YEEEEEEEHAW!!!!
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Randy, very interesting shiznit there!

Those Hitler pictures have got to be worth some money, don't they?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    they sure are,and there are more than 1 of em, 3 rolls/ 1/3 of em are him and officers at big table,i dot know if he had the guy wacked who took pics afterwards or what lol-hitler didnt trust to many people, and he prob didnt like his pic took too much, he had parkensons oe something i remember ,he was always holding something in one of his hands or had in pocket,,cant remember what one it was now-im thinking left he aways carried something in towards end of war before we smushed em
    randy
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow is all I can say Randy. I'm glad there are people like you who exist to take on the largest, grandest projects in the world. Absolutely wonderful as always.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    rube

thanks for sharing, very interesting photos and history lesson

hope all is well

thank you for your service to our country.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Rube,

Who's the babe in the navy get up? got a phone number for me?

in the coming years when all hell breaks loose. I need a neighbor like you!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    ha yes you do lol, get out of cali fast!!im too close to d.c. as it is,turks are gonna attack the kurds real soon and were just gonna sit back and watch i think,let em kill each other,were not in that corner of iraq! nowhere is safe anymore in war though-except for under stone mountain where norad is,,whole place is on springs,its prob not even safe now,i know the hidden bunker they built here under the Greenbrier hotel in wv mountains for the politicians is obsolete-very impressive place,2 foot think steel blast doors that weigh tons that you can push with your finger and move it like your door at home,cool place, i got pics lol-somewhere!!!i can show ya moundssville state prison where the pittsburgh pirates used to play the prisoners and where charles manson wanted to come back home too lol,i got them somewhere,and i found a hari krishna temple on the way there,you talk about impressive,went to places i wasnt supposed to go in there and took pics of their inner santum, i didnt mind at all-if you take pics yu steal their kharma,guess i stole it lol-solid gold statues as big as a person,dude that ran it went to prison for mob ties and $ laundering lol is exact replica of one in japan i think it was
  • Options
    I figured I'd show off one of my toys.

This is an aircraft whose birth was conceived in the early 1980s. This is the first flying model of the plane (~ 5 ft in diameter), built in 1984 by a friend of my father's, who was an aviation design engineer. After the gentleman passed away suddenly, I received this flying model, while the second prototype, an 11 feet in diameter model, was placed in storage, as it was not ready to fly. Like its larger sibling, my plane has long been in storage and needs much work before it can ever be flown again. I'm in the process of obtaining copies of the original patent, contacting the aviation society with which the concept is registered, and finding the original videos of the disc flying over Central Florida. It is my goal to restore this plane to its original luster and see it in the air again. It's just hanging in the garage right now, but I hope to have it down and disassembled this winter.

• Options
    ross me and you can get together and fly ufos lol-gotta get an engine on mine, been doing that for about 3 years now!one of these days !i have about 50 of those oneof these days projects going on now lol-
    randy
  • Options
    We'll do it Randy!
  • Options
    Rube -you have got some of the coolest stuff I have seen on here (or anywhere else) I like your style - you remind me of my dad (another Vietnam Vet). Glad you're here, my friend.
    Just glad to be here with everyone.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics Randy.

I don't have tons of pics - they were lost somewhere along my travels of 30 yrs in the Army.

Here's my boat in Vietnam - I was on LM8s and Boston Whalers - we patrolled the waterways around Qui Nhon.

I have no pics at all from Desert Storm - I stopped carrying a camera after Vietnam - I always got pics from other people.

If I ever find the box - probably in the garage or attic - I'll scan some.

I still have my uni's from way back in '66 - all that stuff is also in a box.

BTW - I was Airborne, Air Assault and did almost 2 yrs as a crewchief on UH1s and went to OCS at Ft Benning with a commission in the Infantry.

mike

edit: BTW Randy - did you get one of these in the mail?

Made me feel kinda old. image

And also - my final award - the LOM - I was proud!

And last - here I am on the bus going to basic TNG:

Mike
  • Options
    yeah mike, i got a ret one too lol-coud have at least made it a round challenge coin instead of a square one,we are old lol
    i didnt take any pics of iraq either dont know why,sat in desert for 6 months and watched air force blow things up-i guess 4 years of pics of stuff in nam was enuff for me-i went to ocs inbetween 2-3rd tour when we got shot down,was in states anyways,i figured out these little dudes meant buisiness lol-they wasnt playing around-anybody that can whip the chinese out of thier country is bad news!wasnt allowed to take pics in other places ordidnt have the time-ground war of iraq didnt last long enuff to take a pic lol-pretty bad when hundreds of people were surrendering to cameramen,they didnt want to fight for saddam,it was than or he'd drop ya on the spot-qui nhon on a pbr, you got the monsoon waters from the central highlands where i was,did you have motenyards there-i prob spelled it wroung,the native indians of nam, i always felt sorry for em,they used to dig thru our garbage cans for food, or nungs?the special forces used em alot,they were chinese guards ,supposedly lol,kinda hard to trust any of em-i remember when the silver bridge fell here in wv in 68- heard about it all the way over there-i got razzed lol-you dumb hillbillies cant even make a bridge -was right around christmas i think-i still hate red clay mudimageand sand ,i like brown u.s. dirt!!!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice pics Randy.

I don't have tons of pics - they were lost somewhere along my travels of 30 yrs in the Army.

Here's my boat in Vietnam - I was on LM8s and Boston Whalers - we patrolled the waterways around Qui Nhon.

I have no pics at all from Desert Storm - I stopped carrying a camera after Vietnam - I always got pics from other people.

If I ever find the box - probably in the garage or attic - I'll scan some.

I still have my uni's from way back in '66 - all that stuff is also in a box.

BTW - I was Airborne, Air Assault and did almost 2 yrs as a crewchief on UH1s and went to OCS at Ft Benning with a commission in the Infantry.

mike

Was John Kerry on that boat??image