• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Photograhpy:

image >>

Why do they still have clothes on!???
    Gorgeous photos of gorgeous people!image >>

• Options
    slothman2000slothman2000 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    I have been running a website for the union that I belong to for the last year or so here it is pretty boring stuff unless you are involved......I have a collection of "weird war tales" comic books from the early seventies...I have collected sports memorabilia and all sorts of assorted mish-mash
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    3D RC aircraft and computers
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    Making cars go fast.

Aaron
  • Options
    meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    Cars and Guitars
    I am just throwing cheese to the rats chewing on the chains of my sanity!

First Place Winner of the 2005 Rampage design contest!
  • Options
    Climbing ... anyone recognize this location?

• Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    Although coins take up the lion's share of my disposable income, my other passions are jazz piano and collecting obsolete personal computer hardware (especially hard drives). If I had lots more income and more parking spaces, I'm not sure if I would collect old cars or upgrade my coin collection.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    Gardening, photography, and website design.
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    flyfishing, golf, scuba diving, sailing

How about a hint, CI, which state/country?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    I enjoy taking an occasional stroll through the woods. Just got back from a short 7 day, 120 mile, stroll last evening. Plan on going on another stoll of about 200 miles in early July. Hope to knock out about 500 miles this year. Coins actually take a back seat to my walks in the woods.
  • Options
    cswcsw Posts: 432
    ChannelIslands -- those look like prayer flags, so I'll venture a guess that it's somewhere in the heart of the Himalayas. Chomolangma base camp, perhaps?

--csw

Tiger trout, Deerfield River, c. 2001.

• Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    What the heck does this thread have to do with coins? Why isn't it in off topic?image

Had a lot of vino with dinner tonight so I will respond anyway. image

Those are pictures of two VERY attractive ladies!image

If I had the money I would spend a lot of it on cars, modern sportscars and muscle cars from the 60s, but then, I would need to hire someone to care for them because I no longer care to get my hands dirty.image
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options

<< <i>How about a hint, CI, which state/country? >>

Nepal.
  • Options

<< <i>ChannelIslands -- those look like prayer flags, so I'll venture a guess that it's somewhere in the heart of the Himalayas. Chomolangma base camp, perhaps?

--csw >>

Ahhh ... very good grasshopper ... the base of the khumbu ice falls on Everest. Got stuck in a blizzard on the South Col ... didn't get to summit :-(
  • Options
    kieferscoinskieferscoins Posts: 10,017
    Beautiful women.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Finding my lost golf balls in the woods--but beautiful women would be fine too!image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I love to listen to Beatle music in 4 or 8 track format. Another passion of mine is being on the board of
    Diamond Back Little League. The kids in this league are wonderful. When I umpire,I have more fun than
    anyone!

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wut Kiefer and Morgannut2 sed!!
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mainly coins, but also-
    Stamps
    Cars
    Reptiles
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy starting message board threads about wannabes and widgets.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Cars, coins, comics and md'ing

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    DarkmaneDarkmane Posts: 1,021
    i dont know about beer mirrors, but i sure love their inspiration. ever since i turned 21 i've learned to enjoy high quality beer =)
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So little time, so much to do image.

My kids always joke how I've gone from one hobby to the next during my lifetime but I guess my first love (although I don't do it anymore) is flying (instrument rated private pilot).

When I realized that the cost and time associated with flying wasn't going to fit with being a father and provider for four children I gave it up and got involved in some other interesting (IMHO) hobbies; computers (backing the early 1980's with an Atari 800XL and Tandy TRS-80), handguns (target shooting), motorcycles and collecting coins.

In the early 1990's my then 12 year old son wanted to take martial arts classes and in the process of taking him to different schools I got hooked. So my other major "hobby" right now is teaching martial arts, a blend of Jiu-Jitsu and Filipino styles that includes empty hand and weapons training using rattan sticks an an assortment of knives (balisongs or butterfly knifes).

I live near the water and dream about the day when I'd have enough time for boating and fishing. When I get to the point where I can no longer handle getting slammed to the mat I'll consider buying that boat image.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    BigGreekBigGreek Posts: 1,090
    poker, especially no limit hold 'em
    Please check out my eBay auctions!
    My WLH Short Set Registry Collection
  • Options
    I've been tinkering with a "new" hobby of Hobo Nickel carving for the last year or so:
    imageimageimageimageimage

I also collect (and use) Fountain Pens (modern ones):
    This one will set you back$125,000!

This one $1,000,000 image

And you thought coin prices got bad. image

No I don't have either one of those...

YET image

Ralph

• Options
    Here fishy fishy fishy.........

C&R- SAY IT!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flying, fishing, hunting, coins, ironstone, antiques, golf.....image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    Coins and Keeping house, when I am not at work! image

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Really nice looking Hobo Nickels you have there RalphP13 ! image
  • Options
    Thanks! ccr

Ralph
  • Options
    I also enjoy playing golf (usually 85-95 range)...playing No Lomit Texas Holdem...live not online....and listening to the grateful dead.
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakesammman

Fishing and flying! Great combination image.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    My other hobby is smoking cigars, from the time I wake up til the time I go to sleep. Some of the cigars I smoke are so strong I occasionally get dizzy and pass out.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My other hobby is a close tie-in to coins, and often involves them. But it encompasses much more than just coins.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    I'm fairly big into cooking.
  • Options
    mojoriznmojorizn Posts: 1,380
    Silver Age comics, especially Marvel titles.

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    I collected comic books when I was a wee little tyke and moved to coins. Quit buying comics when they went to 12¢. Still have the comics stored but can't get to them due to conflict with my brother. The comics are at his house, my parents place originally. During the 80's when coin prices went outrageous I moved to baseball cards. Collected cards from '86 through '90 or '91 and went back to coins. Still have the cards and they are in my possession. The old commemoratives are my love in coins. I also collect paychecks, hopefully one every week which makes everything else possible.
    "Im not young enough to know everything."
    Oscar Wilde

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
  • Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    When I have spare time, I'm usually playing jazz piano or tinkering around with obsolete computer hardware.

The completist spirit of a coin collector has lead me to learn every Thelonious Monk composition. I'm now working on Bud Powell and Fats Waller, with lots of old standards from a 2,000 page fake book entering my repetoire each month.

Obsolete computer hardware is a more difficult collection to learn, organize, and make meaningful for others than U.S. coins or jazz music. I specialize in hard drives, and have yet to meet another hard drive collector. At the top of my want list are a 760MB or 1.2GB Orca/Pacific Magtron SCSI drive or a 3 MB Olivetti MFM hard drive, both of which are 5.25" full height models.

I think I'll publish a book on the history of hard drives before I complete the U.S. type set I really want or learn to play like Art Tatum or Horace Silver.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    I have a quite a few - but in order to consolidate, let me just list things I collect:

1.) Guitars - (Martins, Gibsons, Rickenbackers, Etc.)
    2.) Records - (Mostly ‘60s Stuff: Beatles, Mamas & Papas, Jefferson Airplane)
    3.) Lionel Electric Trains - (Post-War)
    4.) Pez Dispensers
    5.) This:

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭
    Collecting postcards of a small North Coast town in Ohio, convertible MBs and G-wagens, R.E. and wildflowers, are some of my other fun hobbies. image
  • Options
    Not a passion but I collect old keys, skeleton type preferably brass

There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Posts: 903
    Bass Fishing - biggest is 9-1/2 lbs.
    Bonsai Trees - Japanese Maple & Chinese Juniper
    Coins - Mostly Moderns - Lincoln, Sac, SBA, Statehood & JFK
    Genealogy - My family is traced back to 1668-Maryland from England
    Texas Holdem - http://www.pokerschoolonline.com
    Tole Painting - County Fair awards include Best of Show
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    See my sig line.

Also, golf and tennis.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    US paper money - first. US coins - second.

While I primarily chase currency, I can still be bitten by a nice round disk of metal!
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    ecosecos Posts: 391
    Cycling and Fishing!
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    I get into a good Xbox game when I have some time (which is not that often lately). Hence my handle which is also my Xbox live gamertag.

Once every few years, some friends and I have a scratch built model rocket day too.

Other than that, occasional sailing, scuba, and any fun in the sun available image. I hate winter sports though (that's when the videogames come back out).
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    Hiking
    Bicycling
    Anitque Autos - Heres my 1921 Stearns-Knight 7 passenger touring
    Target shooting
  • Options
    Obscure garden flower varieties...
    My Martin guitar...
    Hiking...
  • Options

Golf.