Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you have any other hobby passions, or is it COINS only

Comments

• Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Golf. >>

- a long walk, ruined. --Mark Twain

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    JdurgJdurg Posts: 997
    It's amazing the diverseness of everyone's hobbies, yet the similarities we all have. On a side note, I finally had my first sub 100 round of golf today on the Par 54 course I usually play at. (As you can see, I'm not that good at golf still. image )
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Golf. >>

- a long walk, ruined. --Mark Twain >>

"A long walk, ruined by a little white ball"

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like music (specifically guitar).
    it's the best past time besides coins
    a sample to download
  • Options
    TreemanTreeman Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe nobody else collects Antique Tractors! They are fun and actually useful!
    I'm also into Amateur Forrestry, and I've been making Wine for the past 25 years.
  • Options
    I also collect Nascar Die Cast cars..
  • Options
    TreemanTreeman Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    Rupert, I have a few of those myself. I have the "Robby Gordon" Cingular, the "Robby Gordon" Jim Beam, "Matt Kenseth", "Greg Biffle", "Bobby LaBonte" Interstate, and a "Kurt Busch". All are autographed, got them when I went to a couple races.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    certain comic books from certain artists and story writers.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 2005 added Sleepy Eye stoneware - PM me if you have any for sale. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭

US Currency
    Vintage Electric guitars and amplifiers
    Vacuum tubes

I once decided to start a collection of transistor radios from the 50s and early 60s. The ones that are the size of a deck of cards and sometimes came in a leather case.
    I remember as a kid these were very popular and "cool". I forgot how crappy they sound, so I stopped after acquiring 2 radios.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do marine aquariums..............

right now I have a Triggerfish tank going....Ive done corals and coral propogation, and some breeding
    in the past and had some 20 tanks going ...........

right now just one tank left

office buddies.........

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    antique dolls, currency and gemstones
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surfing is what I do.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metal detecting, guns/shooting, fishing/camping and my dog...

• Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this thread has been resurrected after 2-1/2 years.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it's coins only, but I do manage to find time to play guitar and dabble in genealogy.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Photograhpy:

image >>

Yea, but where's the brunette? image
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trout fishing, backpacking, dirt bike riding, poker, tennis, golf, starting new businesses... I've burned through another couple of dozen other hobbies in my life, as well.

Great old thread.
  • Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭
    We have snow and I'm hittin' the trails in about 10 minutes image
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rare tropical plants and collecting Uncle John's Bathroom Readers.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't believe this thread has been resurrected after 2-1/2 years. >>

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

WoW image

• Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Photograhpy:

Yea, but where's the brunette? image >>

OK, here's the best looking 55 year old brunette you've ever seen - my wife.

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • Options

<< <i>I do marine aquariums..............

right now I have a Triggerfish tank going....Ive done corals and coral propogation, and some breeding
    in the past and had some 20 tanks going ...........

image >>

The Huma Huma Trigger and the Bursa Trigger are two of my favorites. Both are VERY amusing to watch.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Coins are not my #1 hobby. 1/64 Diecast NASCAR is.
    I also build model cars, read comic books (DC only), Star Wars, and I spend a lot of time reading about history.

You could also say photography-I've taken more then 40 thousand photos since I got my digital camera in 2003.

You can check out the link in my signature to see photos of all that stuff above and more. There is also an album for coins and currency as well, but it's locked. I would give out the password if you PM me. I don't want to post it on a public forum.
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options

I taught myself to paint because it relaxes me......I have not had time for over a year to pick up a brush...

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is more than coins...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    These things.
    The top one is equivalent to a POP 2/6. Believe me, it's a big deal. It came from an old German collector who needed several permits to dig it up and remove it from Chile in the 70's.

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have any other collecting hobbies,but other time consuming hobbies include hunting,fishing camping and golfing.Can you tell I love the great outdoors?
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making more horsepower, and photographing my coins of course image Making HP isn't cheap.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I do a lot of shooting, IDPA Pistols, Skeet, Sporting Clays, 3 Gun, and F class rifles. Also do a lot of woodworking, collect some 18th and 19th C. ceramics, and 18th-mid 20th C. prints and drawings.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Relic hunting, Scuba Diving, Bow Hunting & Chasing the wifeimageimage Almost forgot.....I have about 120 Limited Edition prints from U.S. Civil War artist JOHN PAUL STRAIN.......
    Past BST deals baddogss,llafoe,braddick,wondercoin,fireman2030, ProofCollection, SNMAN,halfnut1
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatic bibliophilia.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    I collect empty alcohol containers and shot glasses
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Coins, art, tiffany glass, americana, wood carvings, blown glass, cartier etc...

Used to collect comic books and comic related art.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    I collect empty alcohol containers and shot glasses

It's a small world, isn't it? I produce empty alcohol containers and shot glasses!

Cartwheel
  • Options
    Well to be sarcastic I would say buying and selling homes since I have sold two this year....take it further I just love moving across country just so my wife can find a job she likes......but enough of that. I also enjoy a few other hobbies besides coins like taxidermy and leatherworking. But collecting coins is my oldest and most expensive hobby.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

Stamps & First Day Covers
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    some of it.....

Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • Options
    Fly fishing (even found a coin in a stream one time)
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    jgrinzjgrinz Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cars,cars and more cars!!!

<< <i>

Atta Boy ...

I have a 3000 pound car doing 12.3 in the 1/4 mile image
    Not happy yet though

• Options
    critocrito Posts: 1,735
    Had to get a new project car since my Bronco was legally stolen in Omaha, with the help of Nazi pigs.

My 2003 Volvo S80. Won't be taking it anywhere near Omaha.
  • Options
    critocrito Posts: 1,735
    It's too cold to go outside and take a better pic. LOL
  • Options
    Old newspapers, old spectacles,and old photos, and I also like fossils
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Flying model airplanes..
    Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    I like all collectibles(antiques etc) but alll my $$ go to coins.
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I collect empty alcohol containers and shot glasses

It's a small world, isn't it? I produce empty alcohol containers and shot glasses!

Cartwheel >>

You should see my basement, I've got beer cans piled up to the ceiling

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file