Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Speaking of Spotted Coins & eBay Ripoff Artists You think the other one is bad check this one ou

Comments

• Options
    doop

That's just my palladium, imagine my platinum holdings!

This does not include my Rhodium, and other metals I play with.

Go look what my Rhodium has done in the last 60 days... image
  • Options
    so ? MY ol lady can whip your ol lady ANY ol day....
    NOW !!! howya like'att bub ?
  • Options
    Also Doop.

Do you have any palladium you would like to sell @ $215.50?

My buy price is $221.

I'll buy all you can provide me with at the ask of spot.

Just what I figured, you can't touch palladium for under $18 above ask.
  • Options
    My lady is just that a lady.

Not a fat ol' lady as you claim yours is.

Besides my wife does not fight with overweight redneck chicks.

Not her style.

Now if your ol' lady was a cute asian woman I would love to see some jello wrasssling.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Hey man, I just looked at a few I had slabbed years ago from across the street- Pre PCGS, and one is staring to develop some little White spots. The oldest one- the 86, of all things in an ICG slab, doesn't have a spot on it.

Now, how can this be unless there are some slab issues here? Could it be that some are just made better than others!? Maybe something the designers need to look into!
  • Options
    Mr. Platinum's old lady is a beautiful young asian woman.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Hey Doop.

If you know JP so well, tell him to bring it on.

He's hurt many people, it's time someone turned the tables on him.

Slander? I think not I have plenty of people on eBay that will back me up, also take a look at his negs.

If any slander that would be him slandering me, I paid the guy within a reasonable amount of time.

He sent me junk. Plain and simple.

Like I said, I'm not one to back down to anyone.

Bring it on, I have plenty of firepower that's going to come from the ANA.
  • Options
    Hey Doop,

If your buddy is such a hotshot since you know him so well.

You tell me how does someone go from selling million dollar coins to selling that type of junk.

Have you ever heard the word has been doop?

I know guys that started in the coin business less than a year ago, that are currently making more money than your buddy.

Heck look what I've done in the last 2.5 years.

I'm sure your buddy doesnt have the client base I do.

He may have all the (so called money in the world) I have 5000 clients that spend an average of 100 bucks a month with me buying small.

I much rather have 5000 people buying small than being a hot shot selling million dollar coins.

Yeah I may have to work that much harder, that is exactly what I'm going to do to prove my case.

Also since he's from MO the "Show Me State"

Show me please!

This is basically between me and his old lady, he should address his own affairs.

You never see my wife addressing my clients unless it's something I direct to her.

I'm always answering my phones to whomever wants to call me.

Unlike some people I know.
  • Options
    I've got news for you. the ANA with regards to pcgs graded coins sold at aution is the same if you bought coins online,mail bid,on the floor of say a heritage sig sale,superior,etc. THERE ARE NO GROUNDS YOU HAVE WHATSOEVER TO MAKE HIM TAKE THE LOT BACK and the ANA aint gonna back you on it,with exception to
    forgeries and counterfiets,wrong overton # for example,etc. ALL THE REST is tough sh*t!
    and in case you didnt know, EBAY with like regards is an AUCTION FORUM and the ANA aint gonna touch him..heh heh...better do a tad bit of checking up. after 2-1/2 decades, i know what i'm talking about.
    oh BTW, my "ol lady" is about one of the finest,most gorgeous women alive as any who know her will
    attest..
    also, my little joke was merely "jesting" that you are acting like a complete bafoon here man.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey man, I just looked at a few I had slabbed years ago from across the street- Pre PCGS, and one is staring to develop some little White spots. The oldest one- the 86, of all things in an ICG slab, doesn't have a spot on it.

Now, how can this be unless there are some slab issues here? Could it be that some are just made better than others!? Maybe something the designers need to look into! >>

Boom, the middle 90s were years were this "milkspotting" is common. Makes finding them harder to do and a lot of times, there are premiums for them.
    They can still technically grade MS69 with some of the small spotting. I would be very hesitant to take one with more than "tiny" spotting though....even hesitant to take one with any spotting....but, it does happen.

Not sure much with the early, or the later issues...something about how they did it in the mid 90's.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I think everyone has made their respective points and there have been some interesting digressions--but isn't it about time to move on?
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    doop

He's taken 12 lots back just like mine within the last 2 weeks.

He will take mine back or I'll be a pimple on his ass until the end of time.

I'm 36 I plan on living a very long time.

Like his wife said, I have lots of time on my hands.

Yes that much is true.

I wish I had as much time as Russ does, I would sit here having fun all day. image
  • Options
    doop.

It's an ego thing bud.

He thinks I'm a nothing, I think I can match him.

Let's see what happens.

So far I've helped several eBay members get their refunds.

That to me is good enough as far as the money issue.

I love watching big boys think they can't be touched.

Doop always remember the one golden rule in life.

I learned this from my 7th grade teacher.

No matter how good you are there will always be one better and one worse than you.

How true that is 25 years later.
  • Options
    you've made a lot of statements and assumptions here already that are probably aplenty to get sued and lose a slander suit against you and considering your vast wealth which would be taken into consideration
    on an awarded amount given to JP. I dont think your approach to the seller,granted there could be some
    coins with spots was one in which you were gonna be met with much more from him than GFYS! i've had several issues from both sides,ripoff bait and swithers,buyers remorse,crackouters remorse,etc. you would be surprised to know it's the "you're a con man" approach to a serious professional is usually what gets the door slammed in their faces. i'm a businessman and an expert in my field. when beginners or whiners for whatever reason become "the expert" over me in my own field and make stupid remarks,etc..uh,they're out.
    that said,i'm done with it. you've obviously got too much money and not enough common sense to have avoided rejection due to you're flim-flam approach.
  • Options
    I've been watching my posts I've spent about 2-3 hours on this over the last 24 hours.

How on earth does Russ sit here and post 300 times a day?

Well kids it's off to the post office time, after all I do have to take care of my clients.
  • Options
    doop I have my bases covered bud.

You do not get to where I am being dumb.

I welcome anyone to sue me.

I have some rather good lawyers in my family that will address each issue as they come.

hey doop, why dont you go whipe the other person's butt will ya.

I'll be smoke'n my nice cuban cigar when this is all over.

Heck that's my part time hobby as the sun sets is to smoke a nice cuban, and say..... what a wonderful day......

In fact make sure it's Leo Garcia posting these ok?

You never know who posts what on the internet these days, also you never know who's who either.

You never know I might be another memember (not Russ) that posts lots of things.

Little do you know who or what I am bud.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Hey Bochi, you hit the nail right on the head. Mid 90's one tiny White spot discernable only if you look at it from a certain angle and totally gone from the opposite. The 86- not a spot. Weird thing about it is all the ones that are loose, in Saflips, in a Dansco or in these snazzy presentation cases....none of them have spots. It's just that one from the mid 90s from across the street!image

What's up Mr P and Doop...let it go man! Peace brothers.image
  • Options
    doop

For all you know I could have one of my workers posting this crap.

In fact I've had my kid post, one of my workers post, and my wife post crap on here.

Take it with a grain of salt.

I can say you're gay right?

So sue me because I called you gay.

People talk crap about me all the time, in fact I find it rather relaxing to sit here and read these posts.

Facts are facts bud, your friend sold me junk, he's sold others junk thanks to my efforts other people that have less money than I do have been able to get resolve, now it's my turn, so what if I make this in to a legal battle it's my choice.

I'm sitting here waiting for your friend to have me served.

Be gay and have a nice day. image

<< <i><<<<Mr.Platinum has left the PCGS boards>>>> >>

• Options
    C'mon -- Leo where's you great retort to me??? Are you stepping up to the plate on the charity issue, which by the way you raised in the first place. BE A MAN, c'mon step up. I'm calling you out on this one. Make a large donation. I'll take paypal from you.

How many people offer you what I have???????? I'm ready to stand by my offer. This isn't a joke. I'll fly you and the little misses to LA, put you up at a nice hotel, buy you a nice dinner, get you to the party by limo and even make you the Guest of Honor of the entire event. I'm surprised your inflated ego won't jump on this chance.

You'd rather fight over $730 then make a child's life better.

I don't care what you have, what you drive, what you pet, or who you sleep with. Do something selfless or you probably are the LOSER everyone thinks you are.

Make me a liar, do the right thing once in your life for someone besides yourself.

I'm waiting..................

Michael

• Options
    That's why I can't emphasize enough "Pay with credit cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" If you get scammed, or ripped off, or seller won't honor his return policy, you'll get your money back.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options

<< <i>That's why I can't emphasize enough "Pay with credit cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" If you get scammed, or ripped off, or seller won't honor his return policy, you'll get your money back. >>

buy a coin from a heritage sig auction,try to return it and pull the credit card stunt and see what happens..
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That's why I can't emphasize enough "Pay with credit cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" If you get scammed, or ripped off, or seller won't honor his return policy, you'll get your money back. >>

buy a coin from a heritage sig auction,try to return it and pull the credit card stunt and see what happens.. >>

Why wait? Just tell us what happens image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    IMO, since ebay was founded as an auction house,which means just that. hammer falls,you own purchase
    what they should do is have 3 separate categories.
    #1 is already set in place and is rock-solid in it's language if you read the entire rulebook
    #2 create a retail "returns excepted" category,similar to if you were placing a page retail/return ad in
    Coin World or NN,etc.....this would eliminate all the collectors who want to buy at dealer levels and
    have become spoiled by the notion that ebay is NOT really an auction forum.
    #3 create a separate category for "raw" coins with short term return priviledges, i say short term because
    many many vast numbers of buyers with dillusions of grandure would abuse this by rolling dice on fast
    slab attempts,shopping stuff around local,etc wasting a lot of good seller's time.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

buy a coin from a heritage sig auction,try to return it and pull the credit card stunt and see what happens.. >>

Why wait? Just tell us what happens image >>

what happens? they're going to laugh at you first. fax a copy of their auction policy to the credit card company which INSTANTLY negates any backcharge attempt on a credit card, go have lunch, come back in the office (whoever is handling it) and cancel you out,period.
    that's what happens.
    this "buyer use a credit card to weasel a deal" business has about played itself out too. you do auctions-you be a big boy. cant do it,only go to shops and shows,buy out of coin world,etc and forget auctions if you cant handle how they work.
  • Options
    Fratt

No need to fly me anywhere.

I'm always in OC doing business.

I can drive to LA faster than I can go thru security get on a plane and so on.

Takes me 4 hours door to door.

email me the info on your charity and I'll gladly check it out.

If it's a worthy cause get a few people that collect coins contribute.

Also, I would like to remain in the backround, I dont like to be honored for much these days.

This is another reason why I have people pick up my awards on my behalf.

Last year I went to the awards banquet, and people actually started talking crap there as well.

I guess I'm the bad guy.

Make way!
  • Options
    doop

You're all talk... image

I'm going to start calling you Doop the coin princess.

You are another Russ wasting good quality time here.

Go spend time with your girl, or let me guess she's hanging out with Miss Russ too.

God do I love bottomfeeders...
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Go look what my Rhodium has done in the last 60 days

How's your Trollium and your Blowdium doing?
  • Options
    Hey Coinface, er....PlatinumHead...image is this seller the same guy (Parrino) who got caught trying to scam, er, buy the 1933 Saint in the sting operation???
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    she happens to like ol russ because he tells it like it is, he has a direct and purposeful goal and she likes
    that in a good person,even though sometimes he's a s/a. plus she thinks those cute little coin caddies are neat.
    now for YOU,let's call you platinum pud packer or PPP for short,literally (obviously from your low self esteem)
    or.....we could go with "platinum the cud chewer" cause you seem to perversely enjoy hacking up the same ol crap and swallowing it back again...heh
    oh, and mr havana, i think the cigs you smoke must be coated with paraquat - you sure them aint some of those cheap weed stogies from mexico ?

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did I just read through this? *I* am the moron, as is everyone else who thinks MrP is anything other than a blowhard who apparently likes the sound of his voice (or, the sight of his typed words).

All talk, no action -- ring a bell?

My advice? Ignore MrP and hopefully he'll talk himself to death...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just to give you an idea,

I've seen Jay's house here in Vegas, it's chump change.

My 3 Vipers are worth more than his so called Million dollar house, I can only imagine what my house is worth if he claims his is $1M.

I'll be more than happy to take him on anywhere anytime any place.

My turf or his.

I remember when I started my business when I was 17 no one gave me a chance in hell.

19 years later, I'm still here and totally dominating my Congo imports, much like I've dominated my Platinum over the last 3 years.

Just with what I've made over the last year I can retire and live in peace for the rest of my life.

I choose to stay for at least 2 more years.

I want to make sure my son has a good future before I fully retire. >>

MrP:

I suggest you retire now, since you have it so good. I do not look forward to 2 more years of wasted bandwidth on this forum. I come here to learn about coins, not ego-stroking. You may wish to post on the unmoderated usenet newsgroup rec.collecting.coins, which has taught me much about the coin business and eBay coin auctions in the last four years, despite frequent flame-wars there.

I am happy driving an inherited 1987 Volvo Station wagon to work each day to a real job which I think helps the environment and economically disadvantaged people (we recycle, refurbish, and distribute used computers). I live happily in a six-flat in South Chicago. Our entire building, near the lake, may sell for less than your home. Please tell my why I should be impressed, and upon whom you had to trample to get to where you are today. (Congolese artists? Precious metals miners or speculators?)

Fortunately, I do not collect slabbed bullion coins, WTC memorabilia, or the other items you sell. However, I am afraid that your many posts in this thread have already made you a seller to avoid among those here who might be interested in your wares.

I want to make sure my 21-month-old grandson has a good education before I retire in 20 years. I have started his education already. He just learned how to separate my dateless Liberty nickels from my dateless Buffalo nickels. He also knows what 2 out of the 3 pedals on my 1927 upright piano do, and insists on duetting with me every time I sit down to play. At the moment, this toddler's head is disproprotionately large to the rest of his body. He will eventually be taller than me (his father has played in the NBA and with the Harlem Globetrotters). I do not want to see him enter adulthood with a big head, big ego, and the erroneous assumption that income and assets equals quality of life. Very few of his public shool classmates will be able to afford funding a hobby, and he won't inherit mine until he knows what it means.

Please feel free to send me a PM here if you wish to spare others here your difference of opinion. I will not post your PMs here.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    I read the initial post, but only a couple of the replies.
    I also looked at the auction.
    Okay, MrPlatinum........show us where it says on the auction page that the coins were spot free. Not some other auction.....the one you bid on and won.
    The auction you bid on and won doesn't say the coins are spot free and it says no refunds on PCGS coins.
    What part of "no refunds" don't you understand?
    This looks like "buyers remorse", more than anything else.

Ray
  • Options
    maddogale I have no idea. Find out for me will ya.

ccex go ahead ignore me, I suggest everyone here does.

But I'll tell you 2 things, there's quite a few that support me, and many many more buy what I sell.

I have 10's of thousands of people on eBay that look at what I sell a month.

Honestly do you honestly think I care? I mean honestly?

Everyone else there's too many to type to....

Think what you think. I dont care, this board is full of people that just talk and talk, for the most part they never spend any money.

Let's say if there was a few honestly that would represent about 1/10 of 1% of what I sell.

I can live without the 1/10th, heck I can live without 25%.

Face it folks, even if I didnt sell another coin in my lifetime it's not going to matter, as I've said before and I'll say it again.

The coin thing is a side kick.

I have 2 other full time businesses that makes what I sell in coins microscopic.

Originally I got into coin dealing to better off my son's set, little did I ever imagine it would turn into a 3rd full time business.

The good thing with coins, they don't die as my tropical fish do, therefore I honestly do not have the time to be here addressing every basher.

This is why I spend most of my day from 5am til I go asleep working my ass off to make sure I can live a nice life.

Once again, you blowhards, nothing was given to me, I work very hard to be where I am today.

One thing I can say I'm happy.

How about you guys, are you happy?

I think I'll stick around for a very long time just to cheese off those that hate me.

All I can say hate me some more, you're only drawing more people to see what I do.

Anyway the Olympics are on I'm going to go enjoy my evening.

Anything else? leave a message someone will get back to you later.

Oh! one more thing if you blowhards have something to say, why not pick up the phone and call me?

I have yet to hear from a single 1 of you wussies.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the erroneous assumption that income and assets equals quality of life

Or quality of character...

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    lathmach buyer's remorse?

I had the set sold for 30% more than what I paid for it (including a 2004 Lynch eagle)

So how can I have buyer's remorse when I had the set sold.

The set got rejected due to the horrible condition they were shipped.

Not only that I never did get a receipt for my purchase.

If you got screwed like I did you too would be posting this.

Just because I'm me and who I am, I get these things turned around.

I honestly dont care, I actually want to be the most hated guy that sells or has ever sold PCGS coins, make me an outlaw.

It's only going to make me stronger!

OK time for TV again.

Anyone want to call me my number is on my ME page on eBay.

I'm waiiiiitingggggg.
  • Options
    EVillageProwler

Why don't you call me if you have beef.

If you need a calling card let me know I'll provide you with a PIN. image
  • Options
    I think Mr. Platinum is just mistunderstood. Yes, he likes to argue on the forums but so does most of us. He does have an eye for quality coins!

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Mr P,

Do you live in the USA ?

If so you may want to keep those Cigar comments to yourself,they are still contraband and a felony to possess !

Just my .02
  • Options
    550 viewings of the image since I started hosting it. Be advised I am going to be conserving bandwidth Saturday night and the Link will be broken for ~3-4 hours. I am participating in a charity event and will need the bandwidth for that. The charity event.
    Member Steamfitters Local 614
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options

Where does it say they are spot free? The only claim they make is that they are graded PCGS MS69 and that there are no returns on PCGS graded coins. I personally would not have bid based on the fact that I have seen plenty of silver eagles graded MS69 that have spots, and the fact that the picture doesn't show me anything about the coins other than they are graded MS69. If I were the seller I wouldn't entertain return requests either, based on the details on the auction

I have a full set of SE's in MS-69 and some of them have developed spots. It seems to be a common occurance in these coins rather than a rare exception.

Edited to add previous post text.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did I just read through this? *I* am the moron

Me, too. What a colossal waste of time. I kept thinking that I would get to the punchline. There is none. imageimage
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    What a colossal waste of time.

I think that's an accurate summation of this thread.....
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    I'm going to leave this thread alone.

I want to see how high it'll get without my help.

So far I think it's a record for a 1 day run.

I'll only post if someone says something oooopid, or if Russ posts.

Remember I'll go away if you guys do not mention my name.

What a concept..... image
  • Options

<< <i>If it's a worthy cause get a few people that collect coins contribute. >>

I find it hard to believe that you've never heard of MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association). Perhaps you've turned on a television during the Labor Day weekend sometime in your life and saw Jerry Lewis hosting a national telethon. That would be the MDA Telethon.

Their mission is find a cure for several neuro-muscular diseases as well as ALS, otherwise known as Lou Gehrig's disease. That guy that use to play for the Yankees and is in baseball's Hall of Fame. Here's a pic if that helps --

Are you with me so far????????? Here's a quote from their the MDA website --

The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary health agency — a dedicated partnership between scientists and concerned citizens aimed at conquering neuromuscular diseases that affect more than a million Americans.

MDA combats neuromuscular diseases through programs of worldwide research, comprehensive medical and community services, and far-reaching professional and public health education.

Any of this sounding at all worthwhile to you????????

If you need more info you can go here --

MDA Homepage

Get back to me on this one.

Michael
  • Options
    hey PPP, paypal fratt 500 bux right now for the charity and i swear on my mother's grave i'll send one right in immediately after.

fratt pm both of us the email address and then post his payment,then you'll see mine.
  • Options
    My God, it sounds like MBT all over again. I had to use my 21" monitor just to get the egos to fit on my screen.
    "Don't talk like an ignarosis."

I specialize in Wisconsin currency! Looking for information on WI national banknotes. Census stands at 12,318 notes.

**"Wisconsin National Bank Notes - 2nd Edition" is out!!!" Only $20PPd!!!
  • Options

<< <i>
    If any slander that would be him slandering me, I paid the guy within a reasonable amount of time.
    He sent me junk. Plain and simple.
    Like I said, I'm not one to back down to anyone.

. >>

Attaboy, Mr. P! Sue the beejeeses out of him! You may not get justice, but you'll get even!

Ignore the bashers. They love to be all over a screwee who plans to seek legal redress (been there, done that)!

BTW, one of the biggest bashers on these boards ain't around anymore. Seems he (I think it's a he) has been barred for disparaging remarks and/or disclosing personal info about a member in violation of the PCGS/Collector's Universe Privacy Policy.
  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭
    I haven't read all of the posts but here's my opinion.

No scam or rip-off here. The auction was for PCGS MS69 graded slabs with a bullion "coin" inside. That is what you received. The quality of the "coin" is not an issue that is an acceptable reason for eBay to investigate. You received what you purchased. I do not believe that the seller is duty bound to refund any monies to anyone but of course that is his choice (other considerations may affect his decision)

But for me, this buyer was not wronged.

IMO Joe.
  • Options

<< <i>. I do not believe that the seller is duty bound to refund any monies to anyone but of course that is his choice (other considerations may affect his decision)

>>

"(other considerations may affect his decision)". Yeah, like a civil judgement following successful litigation by Mr. P.

Mr. P, don't be a woos. If your attorney believes you have a meritorious claim, go for it!

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Talk about the perfect match! MBT and Mr P. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file