Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Orange Burst Sunset Reverse... Another HepKitty giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Pretty!

We lost a member of our local coin club last month. He was in his 80's and had just started to get actively involved again when he had a relapse. So to all those great coin collectors who have gone before us.... cheer! I hope you get that MS68 {insert favorite coin here} in the afterlife!
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    Count me in too. My goals for 04 are to pay off our land which will put a small dent in my coin collecting this year....and to establish a better relationship with my grown children, visit my elderly mother more often, and hopefully teach my grandchildren more about coin collecting, and what fun it is. Thanks for the chance to enter your contest. I am working on my Morgan set. image - which, of course, will be left to the grandchildren.

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>(I bet she could out-jitterbug you! ) >>

Out Jitterbug the Queen of the Bop???????????

Thats not gonna be easy......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Thanks, Lucy. Nice coin and an even nicer gesture.

My plans for the year:
    More focus on family and relationships with close friends, continue to hone my grading skills, pick another series other than Standing Liberty's to start collecting, perhaps even considering the Darkside.

David
    David
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

Great looking coin. I would love to have it for a 14 year old YN that I know in my home town! He only has a circulated Morgan and Peace dollar.

My plans====hmmm, be more considerate to others, be more responsible, take care of my health which is still good at 50, and most of all never forget my wife's birthday again, anniversaries I usually get sick or get terrible poison ivy rashes. image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Thanks count me in.
    I want to find a nice AU 1857 flying eagle. 100 yrs older than I am. I was given one that may be
    G4 at best...
    Pete
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭
    I want to be there in Fenway Park at the seventh game of the World Series when the Red Sox beat the Cubs and finally break the curse of the Babe.
    I want to be there lazily watching the NASA channel late at night when a special announcement is made that fossils have been found on Mars.
    I want to be there at the National Spelling Bee watching my little boy take home the national championship.
    I want to be there watching the Academy Awards as Peter Jackson walks up the stage about to receive his Oscar for Best Director and again for Best Picture.
    I want to be there reading the forum on the day Clankeye posts his 100th tale of Coinalot (he better get working if this is to be true). image
    I want to be there every day with my family.

Thanks for the giveaway Lucy! image
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Your a truely cool Lucy.......please add me to your list. Thanks. Tom
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    slothman2000slothman2000 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭
    Count me in...I, in 2004 , would like to further my coin business. I want to do this for my retirement job. I want to further my self in grading and introduce as many people into a fabulous hobby which is a passion for me. Allready paid for a nice vacation that I'm taking in a couple weeks...someplace warm and on the beach...I'll post some mid-winter pics when I come back...Joe
  • Options
    put me in pleaseimage
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Great looking coin!

Since you asked, my goal this year is to finally complete my master's thesis. I have been working on it for 4 years now, and I need to finish it up. I have about 60 pages written so far, but still need to write a lot more to cover everything. The title of it is: Geology, Fluid Movement, Ore Mineralization and Structural Control of the Cu-Ni/PGE Maturi Mineral Deposit in Northeastern Minnesota. Quite the project.

But once it is complete, I hope the land a good, interesting job, and funnel some of my income to my coin collection. As you can imagine, being an unemployed grad student doesn't leave me with a lot of funds for coins right now. But someday............
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in too HepKitty. I waited a while before I responded cause I know this spot puts me right in the winners circle inside that pillow of yours.image This year my mind and heart are on my 3 little girls. My oldest is finishing her first year at Plattsburgh State U., my middle daughter(she hates that phrase) is going into her first year of high school and my youngest(she loves that phrase),and my coin collecting buddy,is going to be a seventh grader---WOW time flies. If I win that coin Lucy, it will make a fine addition to my little girls collection. Its sooo funny, 3 girls, 3 different people completely. My oldest wants all of my wife's jewelry, my middle daughter want all of my sports collection(massive to say the least) and my youngest wants my coins. Oh well I'll put off retirement till I'm 80. Thanks for another fun thread Lucy-----your the best.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    Please add my name to the pillow!image

As for 2004 goals;

Coin goals are to complete my Morgan set...need 2 coins. Also to continue building my MS silver Washington set with the best coins that I can afford.

Persona goal is to continue a rich and rewarding retirement with my wife, children and grandchildren.image
    Gary
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Lucy, neat giveaway!

My collecting goals are to spend more time studying, reading, and learning and less time trolling Ebay. A few nights ago I learned why my early bust half won't fit in my Dansco! I also want to make some nice progress on the Barber dime collection and on my type set. And learn how to take better pictures!

Casey
  • Options
    Please enter me. Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>And learn how to take better pictures! >>

This is a toughie, I think I really struggle with my images..... Its hard to capture color....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Hey Lucy great giveaway, please throw in a ticket for me. image

Hummmm 2004 goals, spend more time with my family, less time working my fulltime job and go to more coin shows while trying to convince my sons that coins are fun! image

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    OK Lucy I'm In. My personal goals in 2004 are to raise my kids with the knowlege of God, and all the magnificent creations he has made through out the universe.
  • Options

<< <i>2004 is here Cats..... If you would like a chance to win this pretty coin, reply to this thread, and tell me what plans/goals you have
    for 2004, whether is collecting or personal goals..... >>

Well Lucy, that's a tough challange. As far as coins, I love to be able to buy a Coiled hair Stella, the one coin that I've alwasy wanted, but never owned, had a Flowing Hair Stella, which got sold/traded for the Eliasberg 1909 Roman Finish Proof $20, which is probably my all time favorite of any coin I ever owned - It along with several others paid for 2 college degrees for my son and daughter at the University of Michigan, plus graduate school for both & a few other coins from my collection helped with downpayments for houses for both. The Coiled Hair Stella's probably not in the cards this year.

As far as personal goals, I'm seriously going to think about retirement, both of our children have gotten their education which is one of the best gifts parents can give their children. (unfortunately, neither has any interest in coins so eventually the coins will be sold).

I set up a wood working shop this past year, so for personal goals, probably learn how to make some really nice furniture - I got a start this past summer when I made a baby cradle for my first grandchild (a surprise gift for my daughter and son-in- law)
    - so if I can learn to make more things that they can use and enjoy, that would be a good personal goal that would be quite satisfactory for me, so that in 50 years when Im only an entry in the family tree, they'll have sonmething to give to their children that their grandfather made.
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭
    Great coin Lucy! We just closed on a construction loan today for a house we are going to have built. My goal is to get this completed and outta my parents' hair. As far as coins, I've always had trouble focusing, but I have started a set of 66FS war nicks, and will work on a type set. If I win, this will be my two-year old's first coin!
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• Options
    Hi Lucy,

Please add me to the list.

Goals for the year are the same as last year. Get healthy finally, have two knee surgeries(one for each) coming up in a few months after 3 other types of surgeries last year.

My coin related goal is to collect some monster toners and put away as much silver bullion as the budget will allow. What else would I do??

Thanks again for the opportunity.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    Thanks Lucy. Always a class act. My plans for 2004.....hmmmm. I guess one will be to stay out of the hospital. I'm recovering from an emergency appendectomy that I had last week. My other goals are to work as hard as I can, and do the best job that I can, always. I plan on finishing school in December. I plan on being the best husband I can for my wife, and to walk my dog the remaining 326 days left this year. Coins are in there somewhere, but they come behind everything else.
    A 1943 copper Lincoln will still only buy a gumball out of the machine, but you can purchase the machine and the store with that same cent.
  • Options
    Hey Lucybop,
    Thanks for keeping the board exciting. My goals are 1. Finsih this year long active duty tour and get back home to my family, just a couple of more months and I will have this tour under my belt 2. get back to my coins, concentrating on toners and up grading my type set. 3. Try to share my love of coins with anyone who will listen.
    Have a good one.
    Thanks
    Allen
    Fort Bragg
    Love those TONED Coins, a true Addict!!!

Proud member of TCCS!
  • Options
    Please enter me!!!!

My goal - to complete my clad roosie set in MS66 or higher!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Hi Lucy --good to see you back on the pogo stick!

My goals:

1) finish my Barber Half set

2) find you a jumbo sized pillow sack to replace your bulging little luck pillow sack!

We all love you!image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Let me see.......

Career: Finally finish this massive program I've been developing for the last 4 years, get the testing and bugs worked out and move this pup into production!

Personal: Finally take my new bride on a Honeymoon!

Coins: Finish my high grade Franklin set (raw). Need 1949D, 1951S, and 1952D in MS-64

• Options
    Howdy!image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer. My plans for 2004 is to stick to the basics. Fully invested in 2003 so I'm looking for lower grade key coins at grey sheet ask. If I get the swell, if not OH WELL!!!!image
  • Options
    Hello Lucy - sure, add my name to the pot of names.
    My coin-related goal for 2004 is to write an article about coins and get it published.
    My non-coin-related goal for 2004 is to figure things out. Mostly, life has me baffled.
    Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.
  • Options
    1957joe1957joe Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Lucy,
    Thanks for offering this coin as a givaway. You are WAY too generous. My collecting goals are as always to encourage YOUNG collectors to join the hobby and learn as much from reading and asking questions as possible.
    My goals on a personal level are to get my daughter to walk, talk and eat. All of which she should have been doing a long time ago!
    Joe
  • Options
    Please add me - thanks HepKitty! image

Oops - my 2004 plans are to finish my franklin sets (AU and MS)!
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in LucyBop. Goals are simple this year - Purchase about four nice draped bust and flowing hair halves, and a few capped halves.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Thanks, Lucy, for the nice giveaway. I would be tickled this year to cherry a couple of Jeff proofs: the 1939 reverse of 1940 and the 1940 reverse of 1938...image
  • Options
    Very nice of you to do this Lucy. And what a sweet Morgan. My collecting goals for the year include getting the last 6-7 FBL Frankies for my set, maybe a high grade 50 cent commemorative (always liked the Stone Mountain), and hopefully a few more high grade Morgans. My personal goals are to be healthy, happy and to spend more quality time with family and friends.
  • Options
  • Options
    Better late than never, please enter me also. My first time entering a contest, maybe I'll have beginners luck. I have a Dansco album with SAE, looking at them last night the plastic on one of the coins did not cover the coin properly and it's starting to tone. I'm thinking about pulling the plastic off the obverse side of the coins , is that the way to get them to tone??? My goal for 2004 is to start a SAE proof PCGS 69 set. Thanx
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ttt
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Nice Morgan and giveaway! I need a nice toned 1889.... As far as goals, I would have to say learning how to better cope with chronic pain (even though I'm only 33!) and the problems that it causes. As far as numismatic goals this year, I would like to pick up at least one of the rarer date (50-53, 59) cameo Franklins in a high grade PCGS or NGC slab!
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Lucy,

Personal Goals
    Good score on new Air Force Fitness Test (Good is relative... above 75 points for those of you in AF--Run 34, Waist 21, Push Ups 10, Sit Ups 10--I'm 39 years old and on the same run & waist scale as the 19 year olds!)
    Lose 10 pounds
    Good new assignment
    Happy/healthy family

Coins
    12 New Coins for my type set
    Sell to match purchases
    Reduce "accumulation" portion of collection
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    It's most kind of you to have this raffle. Thank you very much. Please enter me. If I win, it goes to the young numismatist in our house. image

My goals....

1. To be a better spouse and dad. Not merely to give this lip service but to really put forth the effort, regularly, to see where I can improve and then do so.

2. To continue the improvement and refinement of my finished classic silver commemorative type set. I'm in the top five on NGC (sorry PCGS, there are some very nice coins in NGC holders image ). I also want to spend more time reading the history of them. I have read Swiatek and have QDs BIG book (after much searching in the rare book market). I'm about a third finished. I'd like to get his autograph in it this year as well.

3. To make some more friends here. I've been more of a lurker for a couple of years here and I'd like to become a regular.

Thanks again for the contest!

• Options
    2004 is here Cats..... If you would like a chance to win this pretty coin, reply to this thread, and tell me what plans/goals you have

#1...stop being humorless at home
    #2...September rolls around, it's time to attain final credits for my degree
    #3...coin denomination diversity (tired of collecting the same old same old)
    #4...no procrastination regarding the above 3

Double thanks Lucille for the entry and the package...image

Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Please enter me in the drawing Lucy.

As for goals, I will keep my commitment to keep losing weight and working out at the gym and I will either find someone willing to hire me this year or go back to school.

In short I want 2004 to be the opposite of what 2003 was for me.

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    if I can't have the Be Bop Queen on the hot yellow machine I settle for a wink from the Be Bop Queen

<< <i>Coin Collectors have a very high intelligence and a very sharp mind. >>

Lucy you need to get to know me betterimage I ain't that sharp

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    My goals for 2004 are pretty much the same as they have been for quite a few years...To wander God's Creation in awe of the beauty and splendor. To try and leave each place I visit a little better than I found it, and to try and put a smile on the faces of the people I happen upon.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options

<< <i>and to try and put a smile on the faces of the people I happen upon. >>

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Very nice contest idea! I'll enjoy reading what everyone's written..

Life Goals for 2004..
    1. Finish grad school (5 months to go)
    2. Begin a career in Transportation logistics (someone's gotta make sure stuff moves around the country)
    3. Ask my g/f of 3.5 yrs if she'll put up with me for life and get the deed done!

Collecting goals..
    Get another rare "key" for my banknote series. But that will only happen if:
    Plan 1 doesn't cost too much, Plan 2 happens, and Plan 3 doesn't put me in debt!

Thanks for the contest! You truely are a neat board member.
    Tim
  • Options
    Please add me too. image
  • Options
    Please add me to your list image
  • Options
    Thanks, Lucy, for this great opportunity! My personal goals for 2004 are to start working out again and to be as good of a father as I can be to my sons. On the collector side, I'm still putting together a set of copper nickel Indian cents for my Civil War loving dad.

Mojo
    "I am the wilderness that is lost in man."
    -Jim Morrison-
    Mr. Mojorizn

my blog:www.numistories.com
  • Options
    Hi! Very very kind of you to do this giveaway, have been blown away by your posts lately, this is a truely great message board!

I'd say my goals are to finally decide on what type of coin i'd like to really start collecting, and definitley improve my grading skills.

Please enter me, thanks again!!!!! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file