Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Orange Burst Sunset Reverse... Another HepKitty giveaway!

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
Hello Cats & Kittens.......

Its been a few months since I have done a give away........ Here is a nice NGC MS64 1889 Morgie Toner..... This one has strong luster under the toning and the colors are very nice as you rotate the coin. The orange on the reverse is very pretty.... Yes, this one does
have a print on the Obverse, but its still a nice coin and for free, heck, who could argue....

I/We have been through alot lately... the passing of bigindie (I miss you)....... the I wish newbies would be gone Perro thing......
Long submission waits....... I've had some personal setbacks..... But the Sun always rises tomorrow, and so shall I.

This place becomes a part of our lives, we build friendships/relationships here, all becomes we have a common interest, the love of
those shiny discs..... Whether it be moderns, classics, gold, darkside, toned or blast white.... We are all brought together to discuss, fight, enjoy, argue, banter, tease, and TEACH about our great hobby.....

I used to tell this to my peers at work and I still believe it today, Coin Collectors have a very high intelligence and a very sharp mind.
I think you Cats are very smart and witty, and I enjoy the exchanges that take place.......

2004 is here Cats..... If you would like a chance to win this pretty coin, reply to this thread, and tell me what plans/goals you have
for 2004, whether is collecting or personal goals.....

As for me, I want to continue being a good member here, I want to continue learning about all series of coins, I want to
improve as a grader, I want to have fun, I want to get keep the pressure on ol HepDaddy till he gives me my Winged Liberty short set, I want to really make some strides with my winged liberty set....... On a personal note, I'll always be rocking the web with my 50s music website,
I'll always love the music... And I'll love life..... and I'll NEVER forget cats like bigindie.........

Everbody who replies will have their name written on a drawing ticket which will then go into the HepKittys lucky pillow sack....
The drawing will take place on Monday evening, I want to allow the members at Long Beach a chance to get in if they choose...

Good luck, check out the coin, and I hope you enter and I am looking forward to your comments...

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the awesome drawing. Please add me.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    I'd like to enter, Lucy! It's a beauty Lucy, thank you!
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    My goals for this year are to find a high grade Dcam SMS Kennedy and a 1971S Proof 69Dcam kennedy. Also, to win this coin!!!...image
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    That's a very cool gesture on your part Lucy. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Lucy,

That's a great giveaway.image

Please enter my name, but if I win put all of the Y.N's names that enter back in the hat and give it to one of them.

Jim

ANA Member R-213302
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin! Please add me, too. image

My collecting goals is to complete a gem set of 1938-1975 Jefferson nickels with emphasis on eye appeal. And then a complete - keys set of 1909-1995 Lincoln cents with as many BUs as I can afford. Both raw. Personal goals include growing in my discipleship of the Lord, losing some weight (in other words, coincollectoritis image ), and keep on developing good friendships and enjoy today.

Neil
  • Options
    Nice.... count me in!!image
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    My goal for 2004 is to finally win one of these contests. Thanks for the chance.

TD
  • Options
    First and foremost, remember the past and relive real life experiences with those you have passed while enrichening my life when they were here with us. Next to finish the remodeling of my house. My neck and lower spine braces can't support my wife and children crawling on top of my back it wondering when it will be finished. Find several half and large cents in vf-xf to complete my 3 type sets. Gather my mint sets together and cut them open to fill several Dansco albums. Get up with Marty and my local dealer to buy mint sets to fill out the holes that are open!
    Pray like crazy that I will be breathing to see 2005!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    Please add the Eye to the giveaway! image very Hep item to give away
  • Options

<< <i>Personal goals include growing in my discipleship of the Lord, >>

Amen brother!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    image What a great coin and a great giveaway! Please enter me! image
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Throw my name in too, please - thanks Lucy.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Options
    My main coin related objective for this year is to hopefully be able to save up enough extra $$ to get a decent pair, MS-64 or better, of 1908 St's (motto/no motto pair). Other then that some more errors, a walker or 2 and a few morgans.
    Jorgy

Dang you all are fast..when I started to reply to this thread there was no replies yet and by the time I posted I ended up way down the list..lol Maybe it is just that I am slow. imageimage
    1969s WCLR-001 counterclash
  • Options
    Me too!! Thanks

A..L..
  • Options
    I have another little goal, I want to get a Dansco album for the Silver Eagles, fill it up and hope I get some pretty toning.....

Something this simple and relatively in-expensive, will be a ton of fun!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy, thanks for a great giveaway. I don't think some people read your entry requirements.....

Let's see.....professionally my goals for this year are to get hired by DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services. I want to work for CPS, Child Protective Services, as an abuse investigator. We'll see what happens.....I've been doing outreach teen counseling for years.

In terms of coins, I'm still always on the lookout for toned Morgans (so this giveaway rocks), and cameos, too.

Personally, I've got a beautiful and wise wife, so I really can't ask for more in that department.

Take care and keep smiling

• Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Plans? Funny you should ask. I was recently trying to come up with some sort of collecting plan for the year. I'm not sure why I do this since my plans end up changing throughout the year. With this in mind, I made my plans fairly simple. I want to try and finish up my XF Braided Hair set this year, pick up 4 or 5 more Buffalo Nickels and maybe pick up a few things along the way that I just can't live w/o.image Beyond that, I have about 10 different reference books that my wife bought me for Christmas to read. Once this year's over, I should be a much more knowledgeable person (or at least know where to look). image Thanks for the opportunity.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Thanks so much Lucy add me to your lucky list!!!image
    My main goal is to continue to grow as a loving and responsible husband. I also want to always be the role model for my children. Even though they have grown and on thier own it's still important to me for me to set a good example. As far as collecting, I want to always learnn more. It was once said to me " if you think you know it all, you know nothing! There is always room to grow!" I will contiune working on my Ikes, frankies, eagles and my ever growing Irish coins. What is good about having family in Ireland is I never run out of a supply if pre-euro Irish coins!image
  • Options

<< <i>Let's see.....professionally my goals for this year are to get hired by DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services. I want to work for CPS, Child Protective Services, as an abuse investigator. We'll see what happens.....I've been doing outreach teen counseling for years.
    >>

Heres a Teen who needs counseling!!!! My youngest Hepcat is in some trouble.. He is really rebeling..

This Cat used to do a web radio Internet show called 'After School Rock' which was hosted off of my server...
    It was a 50s DooWop show, he knows more about the music then most adults, he did this when he was a 5th grader....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    I collect paper money but my dad is into coins so if I win, I'd give the coin to him. with that being said...

my goal is to purchase a $2 1899 silver cert. so I can complete my 1899 series. I'd also like to buy a few more notes although I haven't really decided which ones yet. As for as personal goals, I graudate college in the spring so my goal is to have a job by the time I grad. or shortly there after.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome coin!

I have yet to win a giveaway but maybe this is my lucky day image

My personal plans for this year are to secure a job (finally) in my relatively new home city. There aren't as many ambulance companies and they are much smaller than where I used to live and this task is proving to be harder than I imagined. But, alas, the quest continues. Second personal goal is to get a dog! I've always wanted one but wasn't able to due to housing restrictions but now that I'm out of apartments and in a real house I can do it, once I get a job lol. His name will be Rufus and he will be a German Shorthair puppyimage

Coin goals are to finish my Sac.(PR), SBA(PR), Ike(PR) and ASE(MS) concurrant sets. Once that is done I will begin my Peace Dollar, Morgan Dollar, Trade Dollar and Gold Dollar (All MS) concurrant sets.
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Lucy.
    Looking for a 1965 SMS D/C Kennedy for my short set in 2004.
    Will also have to tell Mrs. PhillyJoe why we now have consecutively numbered safe deposit boxes. image
    Hope to visit Kent, Washington when Russ is out of town this year, also.
    Also hope that my wife is understanding when I tell her that her birthday conflicts with the Baltimore show.image

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm. very nice of you to have a giveaway like this young lady. I would rather see a YN win this so please don't enter me. I just wanted to give credit where credit is deserved. BTW... nice ummm COIN.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    Hope to complete my MS type set this year (1850 - Present), then start working on a complete MS Morgan set

imageimage

• Options
    Well, now that I’m in high school, my whole world has changed. I'm meeting new people and discovering my true self. I have set many goals for myself this year, which I hope to carry out throughout my lifetime. I have seen so many friends throw away their lives in drugs and alcohol that it's disgusting...I have vowed never in my whole life to drink or do anything of the sort and I am determined to keep that goal and help the people whom have fallen victim to such horrible substances. Also, due to getting a job and joining the swim team, lately, my academics have taken a backseat which I know is wrong. I have vowed not to let any of my grades fall below a 90 for the rest of my high school year... I also must always to remember the golden rule…treat others how I would like to be treated…lastly, in the coin realm, I would like to complete a date set of Morgans and a full set, including proofs, of Kennedys….LucyBop, very generous to have this giveaway, thank you
  • Options
    Fantastic Lucy, Please enter me!
    My plans are to get off the road (I'm a long haul truck driver) find a local job & get back into coin collecting.
    Glenn
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true, most teens can't possibly fathom the thought that they don't know everything....but we all learn some humility and maturity eventually, right? Most of us, that is.

I've always been a strong believer in mentoring....programs like Big Brothers/Big Sisters are excellent. Teen boys especially need positive role models--it can be great if those mentors aren't parents or school related adults, but people that are totally objective when approaching the kid. In my experience the kids respond better to them that way.

• Options
    Hmmmmm.....

You mean bribing him with THE 64 TBird won't work????

If they do right by me, I'll give them the world!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Thanks for the chance Lucy!!

One of my goals is finishing off my lincoln short set ,
    but the first priority this year is spending more time with the family. To many working weekends have missed the neices and nephews growing up and seeing what it's like to be a kid again.

Tom
  • Options
    Wow, cool, i would love to win this, the only toned morgan i have now is one i have been told by a few people is AT image. Maybe this one could be my first NT.

Hope i Win, but even if i dont thanks,

Thanks Again,

Chase
  • Options
    I want to:
    (1) improve my grading skills
    (2) add a coin to my 20th Century Set
    (3) sell my first coin on E-bay
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    Thanks Lucybop, your a true saint.

Put me on the list.

my goal is to have a 2002 Ohio-p ms69 PCGS quarter.
    Lightside
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    HepKitty, thank you so much for the kind and inspiring words, and for the wonderful giveaway! I'm sorry you've had some personal setbacks, and you know you're in my prayers. image God always takes care of His own.

Some of my goals include serving the Lord as best I can, and being a good witness of His greatness and love. Also, I intend to keep helping others whenever possible, and being a good example for others. I would also like to improve my health by developing better eating and exercising habits.

Happy Collecting!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy Bop: Please count me in! That's a very attractive Morgan! My plans for 2004 are to consolidate my accumulation of Morgan Dollars into a better defined collection of ~MS-64-PL coins.

I'm also regaining an interest in AU-58 19th century type coins, especially Halves & Dollars. I think that with so many condition census conscious buyers, there are alot of very beautiful high quality AU-58 type coins with great eye appeal out there which are relative bargains in today's coin market.

Please notice that I said high quality and not necessarily high grade image My personal opinion is that many in the hobby are focusing too much on high certified grade, and not enough on excellent eye appeal high quality blue chip coins.

Thanks again for entering me in your great Morgan giveaway! Rock on Lucy!!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    Lucy, Oneday I would love to own a beautiful set of toned Morgans they are awsome....one thing I would like to mention...It is my belief that Coins are designed from a vision of the True American Spirit. There is a love present In the words of Liberty and Freedom because of what it has meant for Millions of our Forefathers...and Ms Liberty represents all the beauty America stands for, from Sea to Shining Sea...and with Every detail of a Morgan dollar you can see the Love Mr. Morgan poured into the design..I have always thought that the Morgans were the most beautiful of all the American coins and I guess I always will...and you know what hurts me the most about the vintage coins is that there seems to have been no one in my family (forefathers) who ever collected coins...My family I recently have learned has been in America for nearly 300 years and I own nothing from the past or have nothing that represents their presence or their life...I find this truly sad....I often wonder what it would be like to hold something that my Grandfather or Grandmother cherished but I have nothing...I find it sad that future young Americans are losing touch with the past....and coins can take you back to that place and time and it is the only thing that some of us can do.
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭
    For 2004, my retirement from the navy has been approved effective Sept 1st. My goal is to find a decent job somewhere in the Northeast and grow roots. Although i have enjoyed my traveling the world the last 22+ years, it's time to settle down and stay home for a while. Count me in.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    Please add my name in the drawing.

As far as my goals go for this year, it's kinda complicated, but oh well.

I wanted to pay the IRS off. Did it. I will pay everything else off that I owe this year, so I will be able to start a new life that is more enjoyable with my 3 girls. Unfortunately, that means that I will be buying no coins, and selling off most of my collectibles, this year. Kinda hurts, but, the end result will be worth it.
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Lucy for another great give-away. You keep these boards fun image
    My goal this year is not coin related as developing a new retail tourist type local product and hope can bring to market this year.

PS: Please dont start focusing on toned Morgans....their prices are already too high without you image
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! image

Please add me image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    OHHHH YAAAA BABY enter me hep kitty .

Byron
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    WOW!
    what a coin for a giveaway!

Enter me. If I win, my son gets it!
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Please add my name to your growing list...and thank you!
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity. Count me in please.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Lucy you are the best! One of my goals this year is to find/make an MS69FB 1996 W Roosevelt! It shall be done!!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty pretty!
    And, the coin is nice too!

Please do enter me and my son (he is a Junior, so one name fits both image ).

Thanks!

Ron

Editted to add: Goal #1 was to get a new position at work that I enjoy.....did that 2 weeks ago.
    Goal #2 is to teach my 2 year old son to grow up in the best way.....work in progress
    Goal #3 is to complete a series other than Ikes and SAEs......I am thinking Frankies may be the next easiest (Morgans are very expensive and I am still 2 shy of even a year set).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    My collecting goals for this year is to complete my 1938-1964 buisness strike toned jefferson collection that resides in a Capital Plastics holder (getting closer and closer and always on the look out). My personal goal this year is to get accepted into Social Work grad school and get through the first year with a paid practicum.

Thanks for the chance and nice give away.
    All the best,
    Aaron
  • Options
    Lucy

Please enter my name in your drawing. In 2004 my goal is to be half as smart as everyone here image

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Lucyimage

My collecting and personal goals are the same.

I plan to have as much fun in the hobby and life as any one person can stand.

Spent too many years on the bad stuff in life and not enough time
    on all the great things right in front of me.

Larry

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    There was some news in the original post I had not heard yet, and I'm sad to hear it. We'll miss him.

If you could toss my name in the hat please, I'll join the other in the luck of the draw.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file