Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Orange Burst Sunset Reverse... Another HepKitty giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy - great thread! Please add my name.

My goal this year is to add one early silver commemorative per month to my collection (if my math is right, that would be about 12 coins - I think?).

• Options
    My goal for 2004 is to adopt an infant from Korea and to give her or him the chance to live in this country which I believe is the greatest and most generous nation on earth. We have started the process which may or may not be completed by years end!!

Please add me to this giveaway. Thanks
  • Options
    My collecting goals is to at least come close to finishing my Mint State Certified Merc Short set ('34-'45, excluding the 42/1's...) and maybe start a type set... been thinking about that... probally 1850 on, no gold... still deciding, would be fun... raw, too, in an album...

Personal goals are to graduate from High School this May... hopefully get accepted to the University of South Florida in Tampa, and make the Drum line of the USF Band... And to keep up with my grades in my academic courses this spring, so I can qualify for a 75% tuition paid scholarship... pray for me that Senoritis doesn't develop in me...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrific giveaway, Lucy! Most generous!

As much as I love coins and collecting, I would give it all up to live another year and help others as much as I can.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Very nice give-away...I'd like a shot!

My goals for this year are to appreciate what I have, be good to others, and to make some concrete steps toward fulfilling my educational goals.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Great giveaway.....I hope to learn how to grade Bald guys on half dollars in proof state better this year. Also hope my wife has a hospital free year and can help me in our 1/2 acre garden( she had a Kidney transplant on 6/30/03...and everything is going great!). That's about it!! Oh yea....hope for world peace and GW wins reelection.....that about covers it!!!image

Chris
  • Options
    Thanks for a shot Lucy, you are just to much; count me in. I want to keep collecting and learning from all you folks. I have had a good time with the folks on the form.
    I am from the old school where a hand shake or your word is a bond that passes judgement on yourself.
  • Options
    dizzleccdizzlecc Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭
    Count me in.

I agree with you Lucy, most of the people that I have met through coin collecting have been great, especially fellow board members.

My collecting goals for 2004 are to get the last couple of common date morgans missing from my set and to add a carson city morgan in a GSA holder to the collection.

Thanks for adding excitement to the hobby.

• Options
    Enter me please. image

My collecting goals: I'd realy realy like to finish my type set, and I just might be able to. Only 4 more to go... But I need some help upgrading certian filler pieces... asking for help here

Personal Goals: To be admitted to one of 3 summer interships that I have applied for. One is at MIT/CIT, the other is at the Scrips Research center in San Diego, and the last one is at the Scrips Marine Engineering something-or-other in San Diego.
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Great stories, plans and goals Hepcats......

I'm really enjoying reading everything that is being posted on this thread!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    hookedoncoinshookedoncoins Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Count me in hepkitty.

My collecting goal for this year is to organize my collection, try to focus more on my sets and sell of the odds and ends that I have been holding on to.

Thanks for the chance!

• Options
    Please add me to the list!

Thank you

Jacki
  • Options
    Wow Lucy...Great Contest. I'll play, so count me in. As far as goals are concerned, my goal is to be happy, health and family that is. But I gotta admit I'm hoping to attend the local coin show this year and buy some coins considering it is only 5 minutes from house here in Itasca IL. Couldn't make last year due change in my job. Now that will really make me happy.
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to tell you that this is a very nice gesture. As mentioned by someone else, I would rather a youngin would win this than me, so please don't enter me into the drawing.

My goal is to work less this year (I'm not sure it will happen until we get soneone else to help out here)
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    It'a a BEAUTIFUL coin, Lucy! I would love to be the new owner...Please add me! My plans for the future, God willing, are too upgrade the coins I do have and concentrate on being a better poster here on the forum! Also be a better father and grandfather...time here is short for us all...

Thanks!
    Steve
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy,

My goals this year numismatically are to continue to learn to grade and to look at as many coins as I possibly can to develop my eye. I plan to continue to grow my coin business and meet new collectors/dealers/customers and hopefully make them as happy as possible.
    I do also plan to add to my personal gold collection a bit by getting a nice MS63 bust left half eagle.

Personally, I will finish my two masters degrees this year and move from my beloved Monterey peninsula (paradise), to another paradise of Hawaii. I want to get better as a husband and help my wife out with her business as well.

Spiritually, I hope to open my heart more than in the past to God. I know that it is my hangups getting in the way, not his...

V.r,
    John
  • Options
    One of my goals is to meet Lucy image.....oh yeah, and some of you other hosers too....
    and to really talk jbsteven down on one of his monsters...
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    I plan to stop squandering my money on coins and wasting my time posting to this forum.

Dagnabit. I just bought a new coin from Coinguy and posted to this thread. Oh, well, maybe next year.

CG
  • Options
    Lucy,
    HUGE kudos to you for your kind words of wisdom and heart felt concerns of your fellow collector. I admire you for your thoughtfulness and gratitude.
    My goals for 2004 in the business world which I have set high, is to sell 50% more than last year. My son just joined me and while great challenges face us, we look forward to the uphill battle we are in.
    Coincidentally, if I achieve the goal, the territory I'm in will have more adequate Fire Protection, hence more people's lives and property will be saved. Its a truly win-win situation since my products (Fire Pumps) will have been tested by me, and will be fully functional when needed.
    My collecting goals are pretty simple, but will be expensive. I want to complete my Morgan series. I need about 10 more coins. My 93S is in VF35 (raw condition) and my ultimate goal is to have ALL coins in MS condition. Got any 89CC's in MS66 condition to give away??lololol. I wouldn't either, it would be nice to go to Carson City, metal detect and find a few laying amongst the tumbleweeds.....Ahhh life would be good!!!
    Have a good one
    John
    Its a foul ball by a fair margin.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sweetheart

Been there and done that with the rebellion bit. Second nature it seems like today. Worry not though because in a few years they see the light.

Send the coin to a YN if my name is pulled.

Take Care.
    Ken
  • Options
    Awesome giveaway, Lucy. Do not add my name to the giveaway because I won the last giveaway and would rather see someone else get this beautiful coin.image
  • Options
    Oh, by the way......

There will be three runner-ups who will get a Lucille's Rockin' Radio 1950s/60s music CD!

A mixture of Rockabilly & DooWop, R&B rock'n roll HepKitty style! This CD contains songs I really listen too when I'm out terrorizing
    the streets in my cars!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    My goals are focused on a 1961 PCGS PR67 ddr, 1962 PCGS ms65FBL and a 1953s PCGS FBL for this year. Personally I want to loose 40lbs, stop some bad habits, simplify, and pay-off my mortgage. Professionally I hope for another successful profitable year.

Thank you Lucy
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck with you all.Im going to win LUCYimage
    Al
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy, excellent idea and great sentiments...

Numismatic goals: become a more focused, disciplined collector. Buy fewer but more meaningful coins. Find a less expensive series to collect to complement my interest in rare date gold.

Personal goals: work less and more efficiently, spend more time with my children, give more time and money to charity than last year.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    What are you giving away, a fingerprint?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Lucy for the chance, not just for the coin (which is a beauty!) but to do a little soul searching too! Funny but when you're forced to prioritize your life coins kind of drop down on priorities when you lump them in with my wife, kids and my relationship with the Lord. Guess I would say my goals are to fall more deeply in love with them all. As for coins, frosting on the cake.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options

<< <i>What are you giving away, a fingerprint? >>

SHADDDUP you big poodle!!!

Do I have to shorten your leash again????

Knick Knack Paddy Wack give the Dog a Bone...
    Tell him that Lucille is on the Throne!

I'll tell you cats, its tough when I'm walking Dog97, the Pug with a Cigar and Bulldog at the same time...

they keep smelling each other?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Lucy..you are a real CLASS ACT!!!!

Please add me too!

Bill.

Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • Options
    GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Meooooow..... Meooooowwww.....

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

Meoooow....... Meoooooooowwwww....

Dog vs the HepKitty....

I fight dirty.. Bet on the Kitty, Cats!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
  • Options
    Great coin and thanks for the chance Lucy!

As far as goals for the year 2004 go, I am hoping to have not one, but two career changes! image

The first career change I am hoping to do is my regular civillian job. There is a job opening now at my current place of employment that I think would be a great oportunity for me. It would entail doing some work totally different from what I do now, but would be a great growing and learning experience for me and would also be accompanied by a nice hefty salary increase to boot! image

The second career change I am hoping for is related to my military service. I am currently a Staff Sergeant in the Army Reserve serving as a Drill Sergeant (notice the picture on the left hand side above my name, it is the drill sergeant patch). I have recently put in a direct commission packet through my chain of command and am hoping to get a commission as a Second Lieutenant before the end of the year. I still want to serve in Drill Sergeant units, but will do so in the capacity of Executive Officer and later on, Commander. It will be hard to give up the hat though!

Of course, both of the changes, should they occur, would help me have a bit more funds available to pursue coin collecting. I would eventually like to put together a series of coins (not sure what series yet), but so far have just been collecting primarily Mint Sets and Silver Eagles since I started collecting in 1999 (got my first full time job then and could actually had some discretionary income). I do have a few coins from before that time that were given as gifts for birthdays and such.

Oh, yeah...one more goal. Although, I'm not sure if it is a goal for this year or beyond...I wouldn't mind getting married. Of course, I'm going to have to work on finding the right woman first! image
  • Options
    Ohhh doggie, I would say something, but I would get BANN'D fer sures........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Lucy,

What a wonderful giveaway and a great chance for each of us to reflect and think about our goals. I plan to use the next year to continue to learn more about coins - thanks to everyone here for all the great wisdom they share. I also plan to continue my education at the university so one day I can be the boss and show these guys a thing or two. image

Thanks again, Lucy. You are truly one of a kind! image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm going to have to work on finding the right woman first! >>

she maybe right here.......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    WOW what a great coin, my goals this year as far as collecting is to add at least 10% to my MS66 kennedy set and to upgrade the 3 MS 65 coins in the set to make it a true MS 66 set, add a few coins to my Type set and fill a few holes in my Dansco albums. Personnel goals is up in the air right now due to not being sure if I realy want to retire this year. Thanks for a great give away Lucy you are tops in my book.
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Hi Lucy,

Please add my name to the list, and thanks! I hope to fill 3 of the 4 holes left in my Mercset, and upgrade 3 or 4 more.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Lucy,
    Please count me in. Thanks!
    Wondo

• Options
    Wow, what a giveaway! I don't believe I've had a morgan dollar before, let alone a nice toned one. I'd very much like to take some pictures of that.

At any rate my plans for 2004 are pretty simple. I've recently graduated from university and trade school and I'm trying to start my career. It's been tough so far but hopefully I'll landing a job and making some money soon. Money isn't the main thing I'm interested in though, it's to have some independance and to have a livelihood.... I just wanna to move out of my parent's house pronto!
  • Options
    Hi HepKitty!!! My goal is to finish our Morgan Unc. Set...(that 95 scares me tho)... And get more into the Frankies (NO I'M NOT BROWN NOSING)... And be a more productive member here on the forums!!!!!image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    My collecting goal is to find a high end 1918-S, 1921-S, 1924-S, or 1927-S Buffalo in MS63. And of course to acquire it.

My personal goal is to survive this damn winter. I'm a lover of the sun and the heat and here I am living in Western Mass. What was I thinking!
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    First, I just want to say what a sweet a generous gesture! Lucy, you are TopS! image

I wasn't going to reply to this thread because who needs a tarnished Morgan. Really, take an ugly coin to begin with, and then add some tarnish and you got "Coyote ugly" ! image

Seriously, someone else can use it more than me, but I wanted to get in on the runner-up prizes. My wife and I would love to hear your picks. image (I bet she could out-jitterbug you! image) So please add me. If my name is drawn, I will swap with a runner-up. image

Oh yeah, my goal; I still can't afford a '16 FH so I guess it would be to fill the '31-D and '34-D holes in my Winged Liberty Set. image

Don

Girls(women) with Full Hearts and
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Lucy, drop my name in your pillow image.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    Great giveaway Lucy!

This next year I would like to upgrade some of my current Ike dollars and increase the set to at least 75% by year's end. I would also love to "make" a type 1, 1972 in PCGS MS65.

My personal goals are to complete my single engine flight instructor's rating and add my multi engine and instrument instructor's ratings. I would also like to finally compose some piano music that I can use in the services at my church. This is what Bach did and after years of playing other people's stuff, I need to do my own thing too! Thanks again image.
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    nice coin
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    thats why shes the HepKitty from Hepcat City.thanks lucyimage
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    wow lucy great coin
    it looks like a textile sat on the coin on the obverse cheek from a bag?? a really neat good looking coin!

anyway please include me in your drawing

my 2004 goals are.........................................................

michael
  • Options
    Yeah !! Me 2..

colorman3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file