Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's In A (User)Name?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I am just so uncreative. Just opportunisitic. It was available on ebay so I grabbed it.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    Some people have thought that I was an old groupie for the 70s band ABBA. However, that is not the case. Although I can say if you ever get the chance to see the stage performance of Mamma Mia, go see it. It's really good. Anyway, my name comes from the first letters of my four kid's names- Amber, Brittany (step-daughter, 2nd marriage), Brittany (birth daughter, 1st marriage), and Aaron. So ABBAdad. There, now your life is complete! image

David
    1972 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    1974 Topps Baseball PSA 8+

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is way too obvious.....Mariner because I am a Mariner fan and Ichiro fan.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Anybody seem my red '74 Dodge?

I will give you a nickel for it!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    My dog is a whippet, a breed who's average size is about 30 lbs. When she was a puppy she had the biggest feet I've ever seen on a puppy. Well, she grew into those feet and then some, up to about 40lbs at one point so I nicknamed her Moose Dog. Then I started using Moose Dogs for my fanatasy sports teams and it just kind of stuck.

As for the avatar, I saw it in the available defaults, and anyone who has or has had a dog will understand...
  • Options
    i race this at the dragstrip sometimes on weekends. my other hobby besides baseball cards.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    gregm13 = Greg Montieth and 13 for my favorite qb - Dan Marino!!

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Jester" sounds alot better than my nickname at Ball State University ("Peaches") and I was not about to use that for a username. >>

I use to have a Highschool teacher back in the 80s that use to call that school Testical Tech. Doubt if he could do that today.

Stingray

P.S. My ID came from the first expensive, at least when they were, beanie baby that my wife bought back in the early 90s. Thought it was cool so I just started using it.

• Options
    My full name is Phreak Y. Dancin, and if you've ever seen George Lopez playing in a pro-am you'll understand my icon. image
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Photo is from my days as drummer for Spirit; the name is because I have such high morrell standards.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>because I have such high morrell standards. >>

Nothing below a 4?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I love Molson Beer. More than my wife actually.

I love Molson Beer.
  • Options
    I am a minority in my state, and not afraid to show it!
  • Options
    Being a Louisiana native, Pinchdatail is what you do when you eat boiled crawfish. I thought it more prudent than the other option when eating the mudbugs: Suckdahead.

Long live New Orleans!
    Always looking for PSA 9 or 10 Pete Maravich cards!

#1 Pete Maravich Master Set AGAIN!

The Ultimate Pete Maravich Card Collection
  • Options

<< <i>...Here's mine:

My three kids in chronological order: Timothy=TI,Patrick=P,Emily=EM Hence TIPEM

I hope most of you will respond.It might give everyone an insight into your head(scary thought?)image

Vic >>

I've often thought about how and why people pick the names they do, but was too afraid to ask! Thanks for doing this, Tipem. You started this on July 30, 2003??! Good job! Hopefully someone will keep raising it from the archives as long as The Boards are around as you have.

I ended up as HoofHearted while looking for a name for my Fantasy Football League team at work several years ago. I remember driving, glancing up and seeing the words on a billboard...or something. It was indelibly etched in my mind and the more I thought about it the more I got attached to it. I grew up in a small, southern MN farming town and loved western movies and TV series. In quite a few of the pictures of me as a kid, I'm wearing a holster, boots, a Hopalong Cassidy sweatshirt, etc. Plus, I lived in CO for a few years and have followed the Broncos since the late '70s. Elway was one of my favorites and he brought a lot of excitement to a lot of football games for me, exemplified by The Drive!

Classic football. image

Besides, Hoof Hearted??

Thanks for the thread!

hh
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    Collector's Universe name is Copper JJ = Copper, as in a police man, and JJ are my initials. This name came about when I was playing the on-line game Motor City Online. "I want my MCO"

Ebay name is Investigatedeath = just what it says...investigate death
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Mine is pretty simple. ZEF204 was my first license plate that just happened to be issued to me.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Mine is pretty simple. ZEF204 was my first license plate that just happened to be issued to me. >>

Aww, Zef! I thought for sure you took your name from a Zephyrs team you saw as a kid. I think there was a Denver minor league team with that name, or was it the PCL Portland Beavers team that moved to Salt Lake several years ago and took the name...I don't remember for sure.

OT somewhat, I've been known to use things from movies as passwords. For example, at the end of "The Exorcist", Regan and her mom (Ellen Burstyn) drive away and I happened to notice their license plate number - 512897. I used that for a while with a NY prefix. Another thing I've used is Dr. Hannibal Lecter's prison uni # in "Red Dragon" as a password -- B1329-0.

Obviously those horror flicks get the adrenalin flowing and the mind is open for imprinting! image

hh
  • Options

<< <i>My jr. year i met Rod Carew with the rest of our baseball team. Got about an hour worth of free instructional hitting tips from him. Since i was strictly a power hitter, he pointed out 4 flaws in my stance and swing. Those small adjustments jetted my batting average from .265 (with power numbers) to .365 at the end my of Jr. year in High school. Rod also suggested to us if we had any thoughts of ever playing in the big leagues to learn how to switch hit. So my whole summer in 78' was spent in the batting cages and i basicly taught myself to hit from the left side of the plate. I was able to keep my batting average around .310 most of my senior year until i hurt my arm. So much for the big leagues.. I later met Rod on a more consistent basis when a friend of mine did all the AP/UPI updates from Anaheim stadium when Rod played there. Hence----Carewfan4life---- >>

Very cool story!
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options

<< <i>Cool Post:

"67standup" because the 1967 Topps Standup Yaz (I know Mantle is pictured, but my Yaz photo is b&w) is the card that I most seek, probably the "Holy Grail" of Yaz cards along with the 1966 Punchout (not to be confused with the 1967 Punchboard.) On the SGC Boards it's "64standup" since the 1964 Standup Yaz is my favorite card. >>

That was my original reply in 2004. I've since obtained the card after only seeing it offered twice in more than ten years. I might change it to Yazsockorcleatesfrom67WorldSeries
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Julen is my son's name and 23 is MJ's #.

Jerry
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Throwdown

I like to throw items toward the ground. Usually GAI slabs once I realize the cards inside are trimmed.