Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's In A (User)Name?

Comments

• Options
    Remobolan, From my favorite fiction heros Remo the Destroyer and Mack Bolan the executioner. I read alot as a kid.
    Looking for 1971 Topps Football PSA 8 NQ or above, and slowly working my way into the 1962 Topps Football Set. Check out my 1972 Topps Football Set 100% Complete.
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Nevermind......thought I had a pic somewhere....
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I have been an avid player of PC games since the late 80s, mostly strategy and sports games. Pirates!Gold (along with Civ2) are still my two all-time favorite games. For a couple of years, I was a devoted participant in a forum of old pirate gamers and thus, Buccaneer - a handle I use in all of the forums I participate in.
  • Options
    PSAtan from a OUIJA board.
    Scumbi for personal hygiene reasons and good flexibility.

S.
  • Options
    VMFA115 (aka the Silver Eagles) was the Marine squadron I flew with in the 1960's. Great thread idea!
    Dave C.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Mine's pretty simple ! My nic-name that my friends at work started calling me , because my last name is Robinson ! My Dad was also called Robby or Robbie by his friends at work !..........Dave "Robbie" Robinson
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is not so clever, just a reflection on who I am.....

I am a Mariners fan and a fan of Ichiro, so there you have it for Mariner....

I am one of those true collectors of baseball cards and my Little League number was 14, so on ebay I am truecollector14.

Positively clever, huh? image
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    "onlychild" - well, it's kinda self-explanatory

Kevin
  • Options
    Uhhh- Duhh,

Chicago - because I am from Clevland.

Glen - Because my name is Mike.

pretty simple,

Glen

• Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    My first name is Skip ... thus the S.
    Middle name is Houlda
    and my last name is Beenaten

S. Houlda Beena10

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Small world Houlda, that is the same name as my mail man.

maybe you two are distant cousins?

Glen err....... I mean Mike
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Ok, OK, OK .... the truth is;

"A-10" is really the chemical name for the compound adhesive used to hold the little silver band onto the end of a pencil. "A-10" has to be kept in a liquid form and used only in a controlled environment. If "A-10" is exposed to too much oxygen when it's being applied to the eraser it can cause a fairly serious chemical reaction between the rubber, metal, and wood.

One day at the lab, some of the techs and I were sitting around swapping war stories about bad petri dish accidents, when a newbie tech came in the room and proceeded to mistakenly open one of the containers of "B-7", which is another highly volatile compound we use that can not be exposed to air at all.

When we realized what he was doing ... it was too late. The room exploded and we were all blown back against the wall. The newbie tech was fatally injured in the blast. However, right before he died ... his last words were; "Should a been "A-10"

I've dedicated much of my life since then exposing the hazards of the deadly "A-10" and "B-7" compounds to other scientists. Thus my forum name is really a symbol of my continued commitment to gather some meaning from his tragic death.

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options

TTT for all the new people.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options

TTT
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Mine's simple. Initials.

Tipem, I'm more interested in why you have the Confederate Flag as your icon.
  • Options
    Without AI, the Sixers would be even worse than they are now. At least he got them to a championship series, and there hasn't been much to cheer about as far as Philly bball is concerned since Dr. J retired (The St. Joe's run was definitely cool though).
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    mine is for my other crazy hobby:

http://www.minibeers.com
    1966T, 1971T, 1972T raw and in 8s
    1963T Dodgers in 8s
    Pre-war Brooklyn 5s or higher
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    That was funny. I just clicked on Minibeers link as my 6 year old walked in, and he immediately started singing "99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer..."
    Guess its time to teach him a few songs other than that and Baby got back.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Griffins - teach him "Sympathy for the Devil". image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Ever feel like a minority in your own small little microcosm? That's my user name. I figured I might meet some more of my own here on the boards, as I so have!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    R.I.M. -- You make me not feel so bad to be a conservative in the People's Republic of CA.
  • Options

heh
  • Options
    You people are stealing my material.
  • Options
    ...I get no respect... no respect I tell ya....
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You people are stealing my material. >>

i've used "heh" for several years now, but i now feel unable to use it because it's been labeled "Vargha" material..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Although I live in hawaii now, i grew up in Colorado (evergreen). In 1977 after the Denver Broncos lost in the super bowl to the, ughhh, I can't even say their name (they have a big star on their helmet), I locked myself in the bathroom and sobbed for hours. Thus, my love affair with the Broncos began. I really like John Elway. I don't really like Golden Richards. I was born in 1965. Hence, Elway65. How unoriginal is that? And to think, I work in the creative department of an advertising agency. image
    everywhere you go
    there you are

marc in Hawaii
  • Options
    Coming from Louisiana, "Pinchdatail" refers to one of the things you do when you eat boiled crawfish. The other one would be "Suckdahead," but that appeared to have far more serious implications that I chose to avoid.

Others have taken "Pinchdatail" to mean what construction workers or seedy Italians might do to a passing woman. I try not to discourage that interpretation. image
    Always looking for PSA 9 or 10 Pete Maravich cards!

#1 Pete Maravich Master Set AGAIN!

The Ultimate Pete Maravich Card Collection
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How unoriginal is that? And to think, I work in the creative department of an advertising agency >>

Given my experiences with big ad agencies this doesn't surprise me in the leastimage

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>I have been an avid player of PC games since the late 80s, mostly strategy and sports games. Pirates!Gold (along with Civ2) are still my two all-time favorite games. For a couple of years, I was a devoted participant in a forum of old pirate gamers and thus, Buccaneer - a handle I use in all of the forums I participate in. >>

...and this has become more true this week upon the release of Sid Meier's Pirates!, an updated game of the original version. I think I'll be forgetting about playing with (and buying) expensive pieces of cardboards for a while.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I am a much bigger fan of the Dead, Jim Morrison always holds my interest as an artist/poet with Soft Parade being
    one of my favorite Doors albums. I named a fantasy team softparade 10 years ago and had a tremendous season, won some loot.
    Thus the name stuck and suits me just fine ! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Mine is pretty simple. Foster Scott Jeter. First initial, Middle initial, and Last name (hence: fsjeter). I also use it on ebay! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    My dyslexia always read your name as "f jester" for some reason.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Hey Vargha, 16000 posts! Congratulations!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    Thanks. I know my wife was pretty thrilled about the milestone as well.
  • Options
    My dyslexia always read your name as "f jester" for some reason.

I can't recall who, but there is someone else on these boards that refers to me as "Jester" as well! Oh Well, I've been called worse. "Jester" sounds alot better than my nickname at Ball State University ("Peaches") and I was not about to use that for a username. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    "Jester" sounds alot better than my nickname at Ball State University ("Peaches") and I was not about to use that for a username.

I'm sure that we all appreciate that.
  • Options
    Im not sure if I want to hear the story behind Peaches or not.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    "Thanks. I know my wife was pretty thrilled about the milestone as well."

I can hear it now: "You talk more to strangers on the web than you talk to me!" image
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    heh

Your dyslexia explains the "heh" as well.
  • Options
    What else would I use? image
    webstore
    My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY
  • Options

Thought this thread might be a good one to revisit for all the new guys.

Vic
  • Options
    I agree, Vic! Thanks for bringing it back. I hope there's more interest this time.

JEB.
  • Options
    I am a retired NYPD Lieutenant. My user name is a combination of my former rank and the over the top Harvey Keitel movie Bad Lieutenant.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Boopotts is a nickname that I have for my labrador-pointer mix, Roosevelt.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

My jr. year i met Rod Carew with the rest of our baseball team. Got about an hour worth of free instructional hitting tips from him. Since i was strictly a power hitter, he pointed out 4 flaws in my stance and swing. Those small adjustments jetted my batting average from .265 (with power numbers) to .365 at the end my of Jr. year in High school. Rod also suggested to us if we had any thoughts of ever playing in the big leagues to learn how to switch hit. So my whole summer in 78' was spent in the batting cages and i basicly taught myself to hit from the left side of the plate. I was able to keep my batting average around .310 most of my senior year until i hurt my arm. So much for the big leagues.. I later met Rod on a more consistent basis when a friend of mine did all the AP/UPI updates from Anaheim stadium when Rod played there. Hence----Carewfan4life----
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am a retired NYPD Lieutenant. My user name is a combination of my former rank and the over the top Harvey Keitel movie Bad Lieutenant. >>

Man, I love that movie!

I kinda glanced through this thread earlier today and didn't see myself anywhere, so here goes (and I apologize if I'm unknowingly repeating myself): My last name is Yawitz and almost all my friends around here (St. Louis) call me Yawie (yow'-ee). And the 99 is an homage to my all-time favorite athlete, Wayne Gretzky. My ID predates my daugher by a couple of years, but 99 also happens to be the number of her favorite player, So Taguchi.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played in the minors for 8 years always grabbing 22 since I was a kid. Hence the 2dueces. I know deuces is spelled wrong but normally 2deuces is taken. My teamates since age 15 have always called be the Duece or just Duece. Actually, they called me alot of other things I cant print here.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    My first name is Only...

57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    Mine is SOOOOO original

Braves fan (an understatement!!!)

and my zip code.

Cool thread!!!!

Bill
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    Whew!!! Blast from the past. I come from 3 generations of police officers in NYC. Being that my name is Callahan, anybody I ever worked with has called me Dirty Harry, or Inspector Callahan. Can't help it and didn't invent it. So....I adopted it. Regards.

And...Clint is my main man.
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!