I am a Foreman Electrician.

typo
    Looking for...
    T206 HOFers in PSA 4
    E93 Standard Caramel
    EMail Me

My eBay auctions
  • Options
    I loved the Karl Malone spots for "You Got to Know" on both The Man Show and Crank Yankers. My household basically mimicked the spots and the voice for every conversation we had for a while. I'll be adding the icon with Malone's puppet soon, I've just been too lazy so far. -Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    I'm one of the owners of Hartland Collectibles, L.L.C. (see link below), so...HLM for short! image
  • Options
    ScoopScoop Posts: 168
    My last name being Scoppettuolo, needless to say my friends just called me 'scope' until I became all-star shortstop in little league and then high school. It then evolved into 'scoop' ; I wish it became 'homer', but I was always slight of build and only had warning-track power until after I graduated. I was a late bloomer unfortunately.
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • Options
    If your wondering about the name "Roastedcat" this is the actual REAL name of my cat, I named her that because she's one lazy fat cat who sleeps all summer on the hot pavement. (I wonder what she taste like with butter?) This is also my ebay I.d. I can also be found in the Ebay Trading card Chat room.

Thanks
    Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    Itchybun is a play on the Japanese word, Ichiban, which means #1. I orginally set it up as my username for my office Football pool to let everyone know that I planned to win the pool at the beginning of the season and that my ass itch's! image Of course I came in second place that year.
    Greg
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    My Company installs Natural Gas Pinelines
  • Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭
    well most people would think i am a beatles fan. i can't stand to listen to them.

......fab4............
  • Options
    I've always collected many different things! Baseball cards since I was 7, glass (cobalt my favorite), soda bottles, milk bottles, medicine bottles, ink wells, lets not forget the 2-3 hundred avon bottles... I have over 5,000 bottles. Antique tools, antique mirrors. Just to name a few.

The day I reached my 16th birthday and got my drivers license, I began riding 2 wheeled motorized machines. In the 70's I began my racing life. Motocross for almost 2 decades. From Maine to Florida, starting in March and ending in October. Every weekend. I ended in 1995 racing vintage motocross (bikes 1975 or older). No suspenders on those bad boys...I raced until I was 47 years old. I still ride with my 16 year old son and his friends.

For anyone not familiar with the sport, read the link in the post Carlos added Tuesday. The Ashtabula Star Beacon. Nice article about mx involving the entire family. I planned many vacations with my wife and kids around racing in Florida. I would race 2 days and try to keep up with my children for the next 10.

What's in a user name? Sometimes a life's story. Hope I didn't bore anyone!
    John/jml517-ebay(my initials+my eldest son's birthday May 17) my race number was 517.
    51-present MVP's 100%

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    DHJacks
    D and H are my initials, Jacks is short for Crackerjacks (as in "...peanuts and Crackerjacks,...".

This was originally my Baseball Fantasy League name years ago. Back when I could only carry-over 2 starting pitchers to the next year. I had Hentgen, Fassero and a young Pedro Martinez. I agonized over that choice and ultimately decided to cut Martinez loose.

Same kinda choices I made back in the 'Day Trading' days.

Have a great day!
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Options
    not sure mine was well thought out enough to need an explanation.

Funny thing is I've been sober for 210 days now.

I know what you're thinking.

No, they weren't all in a row.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

Goodriddance,

YOU DA MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image

Thanks,

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a Gary Carter collector, after the Kid wasn't voted into the hall of fame in 2002 I changed my ebay name to Kid (Cater's nickname) 4 hall of fame in 2003. Gary got voted in and I stuck with the name.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    onegaucho = 1 Gaucho (I'm a UCSB alum. Gauchos are their mascot, technically, an Argentinian cowboy).
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I never was sure where our school came up with that brilliant moniker. I guess it beats the UC Irvine Anteaters or the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs.
  • Options
    In the fall of 1972 I was bused to a school 7 miles away eventhough the school my older brother and sister went to was only a 1/2 mile away (they both had graduated from high school before I entered junior high). Anyway to make a long story short, I was having quite a tough time fitting in until I joined the track team in early 1973. My classmates were impressed with my speed (especially getting to my bus safely) they nicknamed me 'Comet' (white and fast), which was a lot better than most of the names they had for me. It's a name that has stuck with me since that time.
    "It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning."
    - Calvin
    "Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"
    - Hobbes
  • Options
    When I was a kid growing up in South Troy, NY (upstate near Albany), I "collected" hubcaps from visiting cars into our neighborhood (mostly Italian). Sold them to a junk store guy for $2.40 per set of 4 hubcaps.

Al Zouky
    ZEBRA Sport Displays

website

1956 Presidents
    1959 Topps Baseball
    1961 Topps Baseball
  • Options
    Darton refers to the bow I use. XX75 refers to the type of arrow I use. I guess rushing to get an eBay account and the fact it was hunting season contributed to the creation of the name.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Win-Pitcher what I try to be at the end of fast pitch softball games I play in, and hey it sounded better then LosPitcher.

Good for you.
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I'm just stating the obvious... my last name is Conforti.

• Options
    Yes, I proudly admit, I'm a bowler. Seven 300's over my less than illustrious career. I did beat Walter Ray Williams Jr
    head to head one time, he won the other 8 games, all these coming in Pro-ams.

Kurt
    Currently working on Football HOF Autographs, 1999 SP Signatures and other on the card autograph sets
  • Options
    Its what I drive...."V"olks"W"agen "T"urbo "D"iesel "I"njected.
    Collecting - n2, n13, n28, n29, n43, n162, n184, t3, t6, t9, t200, tobacco albums, tobacco advertising cards, tobacco banners (that picture the 19th century card sets).
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    When I signed up for ebay a few years ago, I needed a user name, quick, because I wanted to bid on something. All permutations of my name were already gone, so I tried a few hobby-related words. "Nearmint" was the first one I found available, and I've used it ever since.

Funny how names stick. My college roommates still call me Stinky because of one little incident!

Mike
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Alright! You opened that door! Out with it Stinky! LOL!
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Of course, I assumed that this group was more mature than my college roommates.

I swear, I didn't even do it. image
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Office space...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    mine is pretty obvious, but I dig this thread; usernametolgy
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    after the immortal Jeff Treadway formerly of the Braves, Reds, etc...... - my favorite player in my high school years- I guess I relate more to the obscure ballplayers.

ED
    Collecting 1967 Topps in psa 9 and 1971 topps in psa 8

• Options
    I'm a musculoskeletal radiologist, so I litterally Ray (as in radiate) D Bonz (Bones). (Actually I do more MRI, so I excite protons, but that's too much physics for the common man.)

This was the only permutation left at AOL. I tried RayDBones, RayBones, RayDBone, RayBone, all were in use. Hence, the funky spelling. It's OK, like most physicians, spelling isn't one of my strong points.

Some former co-workers include BoneRad and XRayBill, so I couldn't use those either!

I know, it's a biohazard symbol, not a radiation symbol, but it looks better!

Bill
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That early post by Vargha was great!

My username is from the Hardy Boys books that I used to read as a kid. Frank was the older brother. My name is Shane Hardie. Sometimes people would call my younger brother and I "The Hardy (Hardie) Boys."

Shane

• Options
    Similar to nearmint except I needed a name quick to log on here and came up with this one. Lived in Virginia (va) and graduated from Penn State (lion) in 1987 (87). I have since moved back to PA, but you can't edit your username only create a new one so for now I’m sticking to this one.

Brad
  • Options
    CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Creeper after the style of shoes (usually leather or suede with design on top and a pointy tip) I was known for wearing in my younger days. Kat from the rockabilly lingo.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    I didn't like Fatfrank, so changed it to Fabfrank. Better to be fabulous than fat. Frank is my first name, and I'm in denial about being fat

Unfortunately I'm still in denial and still, errr " Calorically Challenged"image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Mine is lame....Bill because, duh, my name is Bill. the 7549 is the last four of my driver's license number. I've used that name though for the last 10 years, so it's hard to change and have people get used to a new name.
    You spilled WHAT on my 1952 Topps Mantle?!?!?! Doh!!

My 1952 Topps Baseball Set
  • Options
    No, I don't work at a greasy spoon, although that has been asked. "Sideplate" is a term used in my business for a product my company produces for the tire manufacturers. My company is a high tech machine shop that makes the steel "side wall" plates that are used in making tires. All of those raised white letters and fancy designs you see on the side of a tire are all engraved on a "Sideplate". Thus, since this is how I make the money to buy all those cards from you guys, I thought it only fitting.

Ken
  • Options
    Teemu

Because when I played hockey I used to be able to fill the net like Selanne used to do. So they started calling me Teemu. Of course that's about all I could do as skating was a struggle to me growing up in Ohio and only playing when the local pond froze didn't give one much time to practice their skating. Would spend hours upon hours practicing my shot, but skating not.
    I collect Vintage Hockey cards in PSA 8 or better.
  • Options
    J P - First and Last initial

Architect - Profession

US - United States
    Always looking for 1968 Topps PSA 8's and 1960 Topps PSA 7's.

JPARCHITECTUS

• Options
    shuckins,becuase I ain't supposed to cuss.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Great thread !

A couple of friends and I like to explore the back logging roads here in Maine. They're usually not marked except with a Pulp company number and sometimes not even that . Since so many of them are just dead ends we all bought GPS (global positioning system) units so we could figure out exactly where we were all the time. The unit I own is a Magellan . I also like the explorer connotation. In the last few years I've also gotten into geocaching using the GPS.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Lommer... From my last name, Lom. My teammates on my high school baseball team used to call me 'Big Lommer' (especially after all the HR's that I hit) image

chad
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Aknot, Not A Knot nor is it Tonka (well it is) backwards.

Aknot is the Lead Mangalore from the movie "The 5th Element". Use it in all the FPS (First Person Shooter) games I play.

• Options
    I started wearing Red Converse All Stars while in high school and haven't stopped since. When I was a freshman in college a friend dubbed me "Peter Red Shoes" and it stuck. Now I've had multiple instances where people I know from outside college have run across fellow alums, asked if the alums knew Peter Grossmann, and gotten, "Oh, you mean Red Shoes?" as the response.

I guess it really stuck. image

Peter G.
    Always looking for PSA 9 or better Alan Trammell basic set cards. Visit my Trammell card web site at "www.trammellcards.com"
  • Options
    Hmm...trying to figure it out myself <VBG>
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    Aknot I keep on thinking "AK NOT what your country can do for you..."

thanks for the real story :0
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    My name I used to have as my license plate. I am a misplaced New Yorker living in the south. Everybody always tells me when I talk I sound like a Nuyauwka (Noo-yor-ker), can't argue that!
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    I'd like to see some more responses from some of the newer guys, and the ones that didn't resond the first time around.

Thanks.

JEB.