Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Apology from adrian crane/Anaconda Rare Coins

Relevant Forum Members:

I've read most if not all of your comments as they relate to me, my Roanoke in ANACS 67, and the way I listed it in eBay auction 1370986789. If I could do it all over again, I would not have excised and inserted just portions from some of your postings, and I would have obtained the permission of those that I quoted. I regret my listing, not for legal reasons, but because what I did was inappropriate. I hereby apologize to each of you that I have offended, and I ask you to forgive me.

I have tried to make my offerings educational, entertaining and sometimes controversial. I have, however, never intended to offend those with reasonable sensibilities. (Some people get offended at the slightest thing, and my aim will probably never be to please all people at all times.) I will, however, try in the future, to be more cautious and sensitive to the rights and feelings of others.

I have ended the auction and will relist it in a less offensive way.

Yours truly,

adrian crane
owner of Anaconda Rare Coins and Currency
doing business on eBay as “anaconda.rare.coins”

Comments

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No harm here. I love your coins, and am sorely amazed at your ability to find such spectacular pieces. You cater to a very high end clientele of collector, selling the choicest pieces.

Good luck and and please keep up with the vendella pics. What work of art surpasses a beautiful coin? Vendella!!image

Tyler
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that we have your attention- How about sticking around awhile? We could use your fired up opinion once in awhile! Afterall, it took a couple of moments to register and login to this site. Don't be a stranger.

peacockcoins

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Anaconda - It takes a gentleman to admit to an error in good judgement. You have done the right thing and I commend you for doing so. Therefor go forth absolved and cleansed and sin no more. Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    No doubt, stick around. This place is much better than rec.collecting.coins!
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Adrian. As said by many board members. Beautiful coins. Nothing I can afford. But, I still love looking at them. Richard.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Adrian,

I love the coins you have and hopefully will be able to pick one up someday. The descriptions and pics are always great as well........and I have no problem with what you did...I wasnt mentioned, but if was,........no freaking sweat.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    Adrian stick around and chat or at least come back and visit. It is always great to have a new member and a fresh point of view.
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Links to your Ebay auctions have made interesting conversation for as long as I've been here so perhaps we owed you one. I've always enjoyed your coin copy as much as your coins, please don't go and get conservative on us!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been astounded by the coins you put up on Ebay, ever since you started there. I've always asked myself and others here, "where does this guy FIND these things?"
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Adrian, and as others have said we do enjoy talking about your auctions. You have nice coins. Stick around, it's a nice place to talk coins.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    byergobyergo Posts: 586
    Love your auctions and your coins (and you can quote me on that!). Keep up the good work!
    Buy/Sell/Trade Rainbow Morgans
  • Options
    Adrian: we would like you to participate here on a regular basis. Hope you do!image

BTW: I worked for "Anaconda Metals" for years! Bet most people here don't know what I am referring to!
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

I Have NO PCGS Registry Sets!
  • Options
    ClankeyeClankeye Posts: 3,928
    I respect what you've done in restarting the auction and addressing this forum. That's stand up. Yeah, it would be nice if you stuck around and actually added to the fray every now and then. Welcome.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. --William Shakespeare
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    thanks, but no apology necessary, as far as i'm concerned.

love the auctions, everything in my quoted post stands as true now as it did then.

from one "sneaky slimy lawyer" to another
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Dear Adrian,

Thanks for the apology, which I accept. I appreciate your honesty, and relevant actions; I know it's hard to admit to making a mistake to the public, and that's what I (and others) sincerely respect. Please forgive me if I caused you any trauma; I didn't mean to disrespect you.

Also, welcome to the forum. We appreciate your experience. Please stick around, as we can be fun sometimes!

Yours, Mike

PS: I think you have many tremendously beautiful and valuable coins.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    I for one, don't think you did anything wrong. You didn't quote me, but it wouldn't bother me to be quoted. I stand behind what I say.
    You offer some of the best coins on Ebay. Keep doing what you're doing.

Ray
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Adrian, most were flattered not offended by what you did. Perhaps you should have checked first, but your intentions were certainly not suspect. I have sent you a couple of messages thru ebay commenting on a few of the coins you have put up. I can't afford them, but it is a pleasure to see them. Like someone else mentioned, visit the forums often, I am sure you could enrichen everyones numismatic experience with your knowledge and stories. Welcome, Mark forum and ebay mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    ArtRArtR Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Anaconda:
    As I stated in the other thread, anyone at any time can quote me on any post that I make on this forum, no permission needed.

<< <i>I would not have excised and inserted just portions from some of your postings >>

This was all I had a problem with.

This now is all water under the bridge, and your apology is fully accepted. Also would like to welcome you to the boards, and hope that you can find time to jump in on some discussions.
    If It doesn't have great eye appeal, I don't want it.
  • Options
    ArtRArtR Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Anaconda
    I just read your newest description on the Roanoke, and agree that the coin some where down the line will wind up in a PCGS or NGC holder.
    If It doesn't have great eye appeal, I don't want it.
  • Options
    I just looked at this coin on e-bay. He is really offering a no lose deal, If I had the bucks to tie up for a little while I would hit his BIN see if I think the coin has a chance then send it to PCGS/NGS for cross over at min grade of MS66. If it crosses I made $2K (minus cost) and if it doesn't return it risk only slab fee. Not a bad deal.
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    I agree for those being mentioned in the auction it is very flattering for one's opinion to be used by a big name like Anaconda. I also so others points of view that they don't want their opinions used to sell someone else's coins without their permission. It looks to me like Adrian certainly stepped up to the plate to make amends and I think that it will only help his already high standing in the coin community.

P.S. That is one pretty coin!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Does Anaconda have their own website or do they only sell on Ebay???? If they do have their own site, can someone provide a link??? Thanksimage
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krypton,

He's threatened for months to put up a website and I keep checking for it. No luck so far. Wish he would, just so I can look at pictures.
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    Anaconda Rare Coins and Currency is owned by two people, me, Adrian Crane and my wife. We are both attorneys and own a 7 attorney personal injury law firm and the coin gig. (Her role in the law practice is to raise the next batch of lawyers. Her role in the coin thingy is to lend her portion of our community property to the endeavor and to grant permission on coins over 50K, when I remember to ask.) We only sell on eBay, through private offerings, and for security reasons, only at coins shows in the Dallas/Ft. Worth areas.

adrian
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Adrian. I spend most of my time on Ebay anyway so I bookmarked your Ebay store. You certainly have some top notch coins, and I hope to do business with you in the future though looking at some of those gems it may have to wait until I win the lotteryimageThanks
  • Options
    Well, that's interesting to know Adrian, and thank you for telling us. On the 12,000 dollar Roanoke thread I speculated as to what eBay really amounted to in your business dealings. It was just speculation and I think I was probably more than a little bit wrong. To actually have you participating here, and sharing some information, fills in some pictures of the puzzle. As I said in a different thread started by Tonekiller, "It's a good thing."
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Adrian,

Since I've been hooked up preparing for the ANA and attending the ANA, I've really lost track of a lot of what's been happening on ebay and on the boards. I'm not even sure of the 'quotes' you may have posted, but like ArtR, feel free to quote me at any time. I'll check out your lastest post.

Forum members,

While I've only been posting to this forum for slightly less than a year, many of you have done business with me and I hope that those who haven't have at least some respect for the manner in which I handle myself. I believe I have a good reputation and I plan to keep it. Over the last couple of years I've had the opportunity to do business (buy/sell) with dealers all over the country. Adrian Crane is one of those dealers.

My dealings with Adrian have ALWAYS been a pleasure as he is a true gentleman. While many of you don't care for his marketing techniques, I find his auction descriptions entertaining, and in some cases, thought provoking. Adrian offers quality material and quality material is not cheap. As many of you have wondered in this thread, it's hard to find such material. It takes contacts, the ability to recognize it when you see it, and the disposition to accept the risk of buying it in the first place. As I've said before, Adrian steps up to the plate when few others are willing to take the risk.

Adrian, I hope you come back to the boards and participate more often. We all know that you can add value to this already valuable forum.

GSAGUY
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ANACONDAANACONDA Posts: 4,692
    Very good. I've been outed.

adrian
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Wow, Coin Dealer and Personal Injury Lawyer?

Now all you need is Used Car Salesman and Politician on your resumé
    and you'll have them all covered. image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Diversification is a great survival skill!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have Adrian's new website? The one listed here is no longer in practice.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like he's in Dallas now. It's a shame that neither he, Brandon nor Anaconda are around. Anaconda was sin business for 24 years. I loved their photos and jerseys.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in touch with Adrian for years... actually up until a early this year... His FB page has been deactivated...not sure where he is now. He was practicing law in the Dallas area when things went blank. Not sure if he headed back to South America or some other adventure. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, look at all those posters from the past! For a bit, I thought Adrian Crane was on the World's Toughest Race in Fiji (Eco Challenge), but it turned out it was just someone with that name that likes to do those kinds of challenges. I've been in touch with him once in awhile over the years, but it's been awhile now.

Brandon was his sidekick for some time, then he went out on his own and always had fantastic inventory. I've bought coins from him, and got to meet him in person at a FUN show in the early 2010's. At that time, he had relocated to Louisiana with his family. His website it still up (link below), but I haven't seen updates for quite some time. His archive is great for toned coin fans too. Both Adrian and Brandon kept the coin business entertaining before fading out!

bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com/category.asp?cat=all

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do a google search under the name plus arrested your answer will appear

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tradedollarnut said:
    If you do a google search under the name plus arrested your answer will appear

Yikes, that is quite clear.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... that is a surprise....Of course, accused is not convicted....Will watch for following information. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to his facebook page, these charges were dropped.

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020 12:14PM

Can I see the coin? Here's mine...

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    :)

:blush:

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is this being brought back after 18 years? I have more to say about the matter, but it is best left unsaid.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Anaconda was sin business for 24 years.

Typo?

Not so sure.

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trouble and drama always seemed to follow Adrian around, but he had a Rasputin-like ability to come back from it. He is definitely one of the most memorable characters from this place.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good grief....I guess we’ll all wait and see how that charge plays out .... lord knows we don’t need another forumite going to prison (unless deserved of course) ...

I always loved Adrian’s site .... gorgeous toners and a real passion for describing/selling them. The names in that thread are some of the old heavy hitters here. Time just flies ............

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer. Not sure what to think about all of this. 🙁

I have three or four spectacularly toned MS65 and MS66 SLQs I purchased from him. Always loved his listings.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
This discussion has been closed.