Since NGC shows the date of grading (which is something all TPGs should do, in my opinion), I decided to check to see when all 10 of my NGC-graded coins were graded. And to my surprise these two Morgans were graded exactly 17 years apart!
Not necessarily that crazy of a coincidence but I think it’s pretty neat!
"Another day, another Collectors Universe forum scrolling session."
- Someone, probably
I never knew that you could determine the date a coin was graded at NGC.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
I made all but two of the coins from raw coins I bought at shops and shows. The 1768 2/3 Thaler was bought slabbed at the SF International Coin show. The 1961 PF68DCAM CAC half is a Winesteven cast off I purchased from him.
Bride's idea for herself and her 2 bridesmaids. Purchased on eBay 20 or so years ago. Seller mentioned the circumstances and said he had the other 2, I thought I should keep them together for a while. Sadly, he didn't have the name of the bride.
Comments
Here are a pair of pairs.
FROSTY
1956 PF66CAM Type 1 half
1956 PF68+CAM Type 2 half
TONED
1956 PF67 Type 1 half
1956 PF67+ Type 2 half
Here is another pair.
1961 PF68DCAM CAC half
1961 PF67 DDO FS-801 half
Here are another two pair of pairs.
1950 PF66RD CAM cent
1950 PF66RB cent
1959 PF67RD DCAM cent
1959 PF66RD cent
Here is another pair.
1963 PF69CAM quarter
1963 PF68 quarter
Here is another pair.
1964 PF68CAM half
1964 PF66 half
Here is another pair
1942 PF65 half
1942 PF65 half
Here is another pair.
1964 PF67CAM cent
1964 PF66BN cent (where is the Brown color on this coin????
)
Here is another pair (a change of pace from what I usually post).
1794 Large Cent, Head of 94 G4BN
1798/7 Large Cent, AG3
Here is a pair of big Foreign Silver
1768-EDC 2/3 Th KM-981 Frid-Aug MS64 (Top Pop)
1937 Crown KM-34 Ag MS63
Since NGC shows the date of grading (which is something all TPGs should do, in my opinion), I decided to check to see when all 10 of my NGC-graded coins were graded. And to my surprise these two Morgans were graded exactly 17 years apart!


Not necessarily that crazy of a coincidence but I think it’s pretty neat!
"Another day, another Collectors Universe forum scrolling session."
- Someone, probably
I never knew that you could determine the date a coin was graded at NGC.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
I think it’s a newer feature. It’s really cool!
"Another day, another Collectors Universe forum scrolling session."
- Someone, probably
@SanctionII How many of your pairs did you make yourself? I'll guess 100%? Anyway, they sure are pretty!
Mark.
I made all but two of the coins from raw coins I bought at shops and shows. The 1768 2/3 Thaler was bought slabbed at the SF International Coin show. The 1961 PF68DCAM CAC half is a Winesteven cast off I purchased from him.
Phil Arnold
Director of Photography, GreatCollections
greatcollections.com
Bride's idea for herself and her 2 bridesmaids. Purchased on eBay 20 or so years ago. Seller mentioned the circumstances and said he had the other 2, I thought I should keep them together for a while. Sadly, he didn't have the name of the bride.
Michael Kittle Rare Coins --- 1908-S Indian Head Cent Grading Set --- No. 1 1909 Mint Set --- Kittlecoins on Facebook --- Long Beach Table 700
Love the nickel
INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN, MWallace, ms71, lordmarcovan,JWP,dantheman984,olah_in_MA,USMC_6115
Transition year:
“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”
PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
Copperindian
Copperindian II
Indy Eagles
Gold Rush
Bust Caps
Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
Copperindian
Nickelodeon
Early Walkers
Successful transactions: Eagle Eye, redraider, winesteven, renomedphys, splitaces, oreville, ajaan, Cent1225, onlyroosies, justindan, blitzdude, DesertMoon, johnnyb, Heubschgold, SunshineRareCoins, ParadimeCoins, ndeagles, Southern_Knights, pcgsregistrycollector, BruceS
Common pair:
“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”
PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
Copperindian
Copperindian II
Indy Eagles
Gold Rush
Bust Caps
Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
Copperindian
Nickelodeon
Early Walkers
Successful transactions: Eagle Eye, redraider, winesteven, renomedphys, splitaces, oreville, ajaan, Cent1225, onlyroosies, justindan, blitzdude, DesertMoon, johnnyb, Heubschgold, SunshineRareCoins, ParadimeCoins, ndeagles, Southern_Knights, pcgsregistrycollector, BruceS
First year “dynamic” duo:
“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”
PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
Copperindian
Copperindian II
Indy Eagles
Gold Rush
Bust Caps
Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
Copperindian
Nickelodeon
Early Walkers
Successful transactions: Eagle Eye, redraider, winesteven, renomedphys, splitaces, oreville, ajaan, Cent1225, onlyroosies, justindan, blitzdude, DesertMoon, johnnyb, Heubschgold, SunshineRareCoins, ParadimeCoins, ndeagles, Southern_Knights, pcgsregistrycollector, BruceS
Those are stunning!!
"Another day, another Collectors Universe forum scrolling session."
- Someone, probably