Home U.S. Coin Forum

Nominations-Unofficial King of CU

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall

Jack Benny is funny... this is not funny.

Thank you for acknowledging my delightful sense of humor which is more often than not quite dry and will give new meaning to the dead pan pioneered by Buster Keaton 100 years ago.

I really do not want to have anything to do with this...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insider whatever # it is now.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

burfle23 or Insider3
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • tcollectstcollects Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:

@JBK said:
    Once we choose the king will there be a thread to pick the court jester? :*

The king would pick his posse.

As long as he doesn't pick his nose.

Then, he might actually be the King and the Jester.

@Crypto said:
    I’m team @Floridafacelifter, he will fund the militia better than the others when it comes time to crack down on dissenters.

And if the management team needs to make a clean getaway it should be fairly straight forward to get new identities

I second @Floridafacelifter

If nothing else a man who spends his days drastically improving Busts can't be that bad a choice!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, I am just a ham and egger compared to some people here.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2024 5:31PM

No thanks. Why would anyone want that? Sounds like nothing but a headache to me.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider4. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    No thanks. Why would anyone want that? Sounds like nothing but a headache to me.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:

I concur.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

perhaps someone on the world forum might know who collects crowns

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2024 5:30AM

As a side note, anyone who wants can post a picture of a coin with a king or a president on it.

I would also like to make @OAKSTAR my nominee for being my friend since I joined.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CRHer700 said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    You don't elect Kings. They seize power.

The obvious King of the forum is the troll of the week who manages to seize control every week.

@jmlanzaf said:

The obvious King of the forum is the troll of the week who manages to seize control every week.

This king is not official, therefore he is electable.

It was a joke.

That being the case, I am asking for volunteers for the Forum Liberation Front who will seek to overthrow the King as soon as she is seated.

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@CRHer700 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jmlanzaf said:

This king is not official, therefore he is electable.

It was a joke.

That being the case, I am asking for volunteers for the Forum Liberation Front who will seek to overthrow the King as soon as she is seated.

No bloody coups.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as he has power to send the trolls packing... anyone

@wondercoin needs to be on the ballot

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    I nominate @291fifth because if I didn't he would never even open this thread.
    SHEILDS!

I would accept nothing short of Negus Negast. :)

All glory is fleeting.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:

If it gave me the power to point at a troll thread and say "ZOTZ!" and it would go away, I might consider the position.....

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:

@yspsales said:

If it gave me the power to point at a troll thread and say "ZOTZ!" and it would go away, I might consider the position.....

@JBK said:
    Is this a paying position? 🤑

Whoever wins gets HRM added before their name.

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree 100% with @tommy44: @ricko was the best; miss him!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• RiveraFamilyCollectRiveraFamilyCollect Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭

I nominate @Catbert our furry overlord.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Zotz" (1962) film promotion plastic coin
    Plastic, 38mm, 3.75gm

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have learned more from @burfle23 than anyone else here. @BillJones always posts things that entice and educate me, too.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

@messydesk said:

@CaptHenway said:

@yspsales said:

The book was better than the movie.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • usmnterorrsusmnterorrs Posts: 14 ✭✭

Easier if someone would just self-anoint like they do ATS.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will need to be dressed like a king if he's going to rule here.

Was that issued by Basil Fawlty to pay the help?

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jacrispies said:
    Let's throw some U.S. coins on this thread so it can pretend to have a purpose.

The moderators are not fooled... especially when you post that you are trying to fool them.

@jmlanzaf said:

@jacrispies said:

The moderators are not fooled... especially when you post that you are trying to fool them.

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature the mods. (It feels like a Full Moon Friday here for some reason.)

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

55+

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@messydesk said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jacrispies said:

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature the mods. (It feels like a Full Moon Friday here for some reason.)

Heather, is that you?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file