Home U.S. Coin Forum

CACG has jumped the shark ...

1234568»

Comments

• VasantiVasanti Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2023 5:30PM

@MetroD said:

@Vasanti said:

Of course it does, which is the reason why PCGS charges for looking at each submission even if it has been submitted before. Does CAC relook at coins that have already been rejected?

Yes.

Source: https://help.cacgrading.com/support/solutions/articles/151000075970-cac-stickering-frequently-asked-questions

That is good enough for me and it justifies charging for multiple reviews. It would still be nice if collectors knew which ones failed, which was my original point. I’ll just go on assuming that anything sold through a major dealer or auction house that isn’t stickered (or that isn’t in a CACG holder in the future), most likely failed the review and requires much higher scrutiny. The reality is that high-end coins without CAC approval already have a lower market value whether people know they’ve been rejected or not.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2023 8:16PM

I would prefer the CACG slabbed coin vs a stickered coin which could have turned in the holder from being out for a long time. Don’t care about the legacy thing as for me it’s the coin itself now not where it was. My opinion - cracked coin sb reviewed graded as it is now (like if submitted raw) no rubber stamping old sticker (investor protection).

What is your take - buyers will prefer the CACG slabs vs stickered? I believe so. Will CDN CPG for CAC be for both? What say ye? I would hope so as I prefer consistency. I don’t believe failed to cross or sticker should be published (owner privacy).

Coins & Currency
  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2023 11:17AM

That scene tells it all.

Yes when finally that material really out like a crowd rushing that scene they gonna pay big bucks, huge bids get it, be the end user. Surreal

Here I am online, shows looking get decent deals that have good chance get some kind of positive retail margin and then all that.

Do u think it gonna crash? If so I will be sifting thru the wreckage….

Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file