edited May 12, 2023 8:08AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Comments

• Options
    2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very nice purchase

• Options
    The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the toning!

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one! Nice toning also.

• Options

That's a nice looking original Morgan I like it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you like it, then enjoy it.... Looks as if it has spent some time in commerce, as intended. Then put away, probably an album or coin chest with felt lined drawers. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin.

I hope seller and buyer can resolve the issue.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last active: 6:03 PM

peacockcoins

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to be AU, San Francisco usually has great strikes.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silverpop said:
    whatever kids i have better things to do then convince screen names who have already made their minds up that i'm accountable for USPS mail issues and want me to fix it which as i'm not the mail is beyond my control

plus have no info on the coins

the CU has gone down when members hold others accountable for issues beyond their control

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭✭

unfortunate.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options

@silverpop said:
    whatever kids i have better things to do then convince screen names who have already made their minds up that i'm accountable for USPS mail issues and want me to fix it which as i'm not the mail is beyond my control

the CU has gone down when members hold others accountable for issues beyond their control

It is sad when personal accountability is discounted to name-calling those who are reminding the seller of his obligations and ethical responsibility.
    It is doubly sad when that seller chooses instead to blame other entities and cast dispersions on members here.
    Not surprising in this incident, just sad.

peacockcoins

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2023 5:24PM

...and very pathetic that the seller deleted the original post and photos (not sure why) and changed their signature line to a lame disclaimer about the USPS.

I can't call him what he really is or I'd be the one getting banned, but that should give you an idea.

I also see that they've set their profile to "private". :|

• Options

@JBK said:
    ...and very pathetic that the seller deleted the original post and photos (not sure why) and changed their signature line to a lame disclaimer about the USPS.

I can't call him what he really is or I'd be the one getting banned, but that should give you an idea.

I also see that they've set their profile to "private". :|

"NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR USPS MAIL ISSUES"

If the OP drives without insurance into oncoming traffic due to a blowout and strikes a victim I suppose he is also then NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR MECHANICAL ISSUES.

peacockcoins

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    OP has been a problem child on the BST for years. Not surprised by the latest drama.

He’s showing his colors here!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ponderit said:
    Thank you all, except for Colin, aka. silverpop, of course.

I saw this coming a couple of weeks ago when I had no response from him. The whole thing seemed slimy and less than above-board.

Since my post on Wednesday several members have PM'd me to say that they've had similar experiences with this guy. I hope he can really use the $110, maybe it'll make his life better. Heck, he may have even used it buy the Morgan, hope it makes him happy.

For all the sellers I've dealt with in the past and recently, besides Colin Dickerson of course, thank you. You've helped me increase the value and desirability of by collection and for that I'll be forever grateful; not to mention the education you've given me, The CBH's (Lance, Dave and Todd), and the Buff Nicks (Joe) have all added to my love of the hobby.

I've never run into another Colin but will be more judicious with who I deal with in the future. This was a trainwreck and I hope this true, Karma Is a Bitch,

Thank to all, except this particular "seller".

Bill

I hope the "seller" rethinks his position and does the right thing. I've been considering placing a couple coins onto the BST recently. As a four year member here who has yet to dip his toe into the BST as a buyer or seller, this thread actually bolsters my confidence in almost every member who has participated there.

Good luck Bill.

Mark

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

I have little/no experience with the BST but if someone is banned for improper posts wouldn't the moderators do something similar to someone known to be "a problem child on the BST for years"?

• Options

@smuglr said:
    I have little/no experience with the BST but if someone is banned for improper posts wouldn't the moderators do something similar to someone known to be "a problem child on the BST for years"?

No.
    The issues and problems didn't raise to the level of a complete banning.
    Couple that with many members who have had difficulty don't speak of it yet privately deal with it.

peacockcoins

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of my experiences on the BST I’ve been very positive. With that said, I know who to avoid, via a few messages back-and-forth, and so this is zero surprise to me.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone want to bet that he will just create a different profile here

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it said Megamind......

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options

And by him making another thread with the same tital shows it
    He can't man up if he's not a man!

• Options

@alaura22 said:
    Anyone want to bet that he will just create a different profile here

Perhaps 'popgoestheweasel'?

:|

peacockcoins

• Options

I like it

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2023 7:37PM

@ponderit said:
    silverpop, please respond to my last 7 or 8 messages regarding the 2 Mercs I bought from you but which never arrived via USPS. You're well aware that these never got here as per USPS. I've sent you all the communications I've had with them. You didn't ship these with insurance and your excuse for not doing so is lame. You will not communicate with me by either email or PM here on the forum. I saw your post about your new Morgan and at least know you're still alive.

I've done hundreds of transactions here on the BST and have NEVER had any problems, certainly nothing as remotely as screwed up as this has been with you. Many of the forum members know me and have sold coins to me, never with a problem.

For those wondering, I offered Colin $110 for 2 Mercs he listed on the BST. He agreed, wanted a check, I sent the check, it cleared and he sent the coins. Then the coins went missing with the last updates from USPS on 3/30 "out for delivery" and then on 3/31 "Alert: Awaiting delivery scan". That's the last info I've gotten. I talked to the PO 3 times early on. Their guess is the package was destroyed "due to a spill". Apparently they had a couple of liquid breakages around that time. As far as I know that might be true or the thing was stolen. Either way, Colin has the money and I have no coins.

When I asked Colin if he had insured the package his response was "no, if I had it would have been more pricey". Had he asked me I would have paid for the insurance.

I've sent him numerous inquiries both by PM here on the forum and to his email address. He hasn't responded for over a month. My guess is I'm screwed on the $110. I know this isn't his fault and neither is it mine. I wish he'd insured the package and for the life of me I can't imagine not insuring it unless as the seller I was willing to self-insure and hope for the best.

Sorry to do this here and I expect blow-back from some of you, but I'm totally frustrated with silverpop's lack of communication. Maybe he'll see this one...

Bill

This is unacceptable and totally lame on the seller's part who should be reimbursing you in full. Until tracking shows a package is delivered, it is the responsibility of the seller to make the buyer whole in the event the package doesn't arrive. Whether insurance was purchased or not is irrelevant.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silverpop said:

No one should buy a single coin from you ever again with that kind of unacceptable attitude. Lame!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not deal with BST sales, that do not allow for them to be paid via reg. PP. Never had an issue. This could have been avoidable if done so.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
This discussion has been closed.