Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Uffdah’s RIPPING Journey – Packs and Vending – All Sports and Non-Sports

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    That's pretty much a wrap on this 75 Vending Box. There is a stack of about 100 commons that are nicely centered.

How do you feel overall about the 75 rip? It's always been one of my favorites!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are addicted!

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

You will get some PSA 10s from those 1975 Topps cards. Really nice quality for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1954 said:
    You will get some PSA 10s from those 1975 Topps cards. Really nice quality for sure. Thanks for sharing.

I sure hope so!!

• Options

Awesome looking in the holder.

• Options

Those are some good looking 6s.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1954 said:

I would think the same but appears PSA has blood feud with Uff

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a blood feud with collectors in general…

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2023 11:17AM

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@1954 said:

Uff did get a the proper bump on his other Jim Brown. Then again we all feel like his pack pulled Jim Brown beauty should have graded higher.

Uff, the Unitas is a beauty. I would rather have a crisp example like yours that isn't dead centered. I think we have overvalued centering and forgotten about the corners to much in grading.

If you had identically valued Brown and Unitas rookies which would you keep if you could only keep one?

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭

Uff, the Unitas is a beauty. I would rather have a crisp example like yours that isn't dead centered. I think we have overvalued centering and forgotten about the corners to much in grading.

If you had identically valued Brown and Unitas rookies which would you keep if you could only keep one?

Count me among the few that values corners and edges that scream "pack fresh" as being as important if not more so, than perfect centering. When I opened packs as a kid I could give a rats ass about centering.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

@smallstocks said:
    Count me among the few that values corners and edges that scream "pack fresh" as being as important if not more so, than perfect centering.

I feel the same way and I've said as much here before.

• Options
    edited September 2, 2023 8:55AM

@Cakes said:

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@1954 said:

Uff did get a the proper bump on his other Jim Brown. Then again we all feel like his pack pulled Jim Brown beauty should have graded higher.

I would take an equal valued Brown Rookie over a Unitas Rookie. To me the Brown Rookie is the most iconic Football card. That's just my opinion.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    Always wanted to open one of these.....

Kool vintage pack!!!!!!!

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭

Brutal centering. Bummer.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

That sucks, would that have been the most valuable?

I agree about the Brown rookie when it comes to Football. The 35 Bronco has to be a really close second. I am a sucker for the hand drawn, colorful cards.

I remember a long time ago when the 55 Topps Four Horseman card was a huge card. It seems to have fallen off some. I really like the 55 Thorpe!

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Knock on Wood, I think I'm done trying to pull a centered rookie of Captain America.

I think this is the 3rd one now that I have pulled.

Beautiful card though

• Options

Chris…

Are recent grading standards discouraging you to open vintage and slowed down your release of “imprisoned “ cards??

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Mean Joe may have been the coolest cat in the NFL during the 70s.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2023 3:25PM

Yes or no? will you be opening mass amounts of vintage unopened products today!!!!??

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

@mintonlypls said:
    Chris…

Are recent grading standards discouraging you to open vintage and slowed down your release of “imprisoned “ cards??

Hey Monte - I would say the current grading standards are disappointing but have also been very busy improving family land I purchased. It has been in my family roots since 1945 and now my wife and I own it. Been cleaning up trees, limbs, brush, trails, de-junking, shed and concrete improvements and the laundry list goes on. I've put over 350 hours in my track skid alone out there since snow left. Still more work to do but gaining. We are putting a large addition and two car garage onto the cabin over this Winter. It will completely change the outside with new roof lines, siding, windows etc. but the appeal of the logs/beams will remain inside for the kitchen and living room area.

It's been a large undertaking but keeping me busy and not ripping things too fast!!!

The area below the cabin/new home location has been tore up all Spring and Summer and it is now finally seeded with grass coming back.

Very Nice! Consider me jelly! Is the cabin centered on the land :)

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

In God's country...absolutely stunning! Congrats on your dream home!

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Love the cabin and land! The home looks older than 1945.

Probably a dumb question but can you stock Northern Pike in ponds that size.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

@mintonlypls said:
    Chris…

Hey Monte - I would say the current grading standards are disappointing but have also been very busy improving family land I purchased. It has been in my family roots since 1945 and now my wife and I own it. Been cleaning up trees, limbs, brush, trails, de-junking, shed and concrete improvements and the laundry list goes on. I've put over 350 hours in my track skidsteer alone out there since snow left. Still more work to do but gaining. We are putting a large addition and two car garage onto the cabin over this Winter. It will completely change the outside with new roof lines, siding, windows etc. but the appeal of the logs/beams will remain inside for the kitchen and living room area.

It's been a large undertaking but keeping me busy and not ripping things too fast!!!

The area below the cabin/new home location has been tore up all Spring and Summer and it is now finally seeded with grass coming back.

Ah the dream of leaving all behind and living in the wilderness congrats on your purchase!!!

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Berckman's Place at UFFDAH Yard.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2023 12:44PM

Guys lets get back to the Topic which is listed in the title.
    Its friday UFFDAH
    Come on!
    Do a freaking 1952 pack. Actually make it a double!
    I'm going to change the topic to ugly puppies if yall keep this up.

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I think you got more likes on the cabin then some of the cards. Love the cabin. That shows our age.

• Options

@82FootballWaxMemorys - The ponds and cabin are deep in the property - Helm's Deep

• Options

@Cakes said:
    Love the cabin and land! The home looks older than 1945.

Probably a dumb question but can you stock Northern Pike in ponds that size.

The cabin was built by my family in 1974. I personally would not put Northerns in a pond of this size. Traditionally we have had Brook Trout in the first pond, Brown and Rainbow Trout in the 2nd Pond and Bluegills in the 3rd Pond.

• Options

Nice looking Bobby Orr congrats!!!

• Options

Alda for sure!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Here's a 4 back this week. I really like the Civil War Cards.

Some more various grades to share then I need to do some more ripping and get cards in the grading queue. Been pretty busy this summer with outdoor work on the acres but starting to feel like opening some more.

Looks like Charlton Heston as Moses.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Just got caught up with the thread from this past February. These cards are truly blazers. What are your plans for all the wrappers?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Just got caught up with the thread from this past February. These cards are truly blazers. What are your plans for all the wrappers?

I've been keeping most of them within reason. I'm just kinda stock piling them for now.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    Boring.
    Let me know when you bust a case of 1952 Topps High Numbers.

I doubt even a carton exists...what's the oldest full carton they ever found? I mean IIRC an empty case of 1952 Topps that looked kinda beat up went for $50K!

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

Nice centering on the Marino's.

• Options
    edited October 16, 2023 12:44PM

Nice looking Bobby Orr congrats!!! > @Estil said:

@handyman said:
    Boring.

I doubt even a carton exists...what's the oldest full carton they ever found? I mean IIRC an empty case of 1952 Topps that looked kinda beat up went for $50K!

A 1952 5th & 6th series pack graded GAI 5.5 just sold at Heritage for $102 000.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:

@handyman said:
    Boring.

First off how do they even know which series it is (unless you can somehow see the front and/or back card)? Second wouldn't that be enough to get the whole set or pretty close In say, PSA twosies or threesies?

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

@Estil said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:

@handyman said:
    Boring.

First off how do they even know which series it is (unless you can somehow see the front and/or back card)? Second wouldn't that be enough to get the whole set or pretty close In say, PSA twosies or threesies?

I have no idea. Just saw the sale.

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Glenn Resch kinda looks like GOMEZ or maybe even "Hawkeye" Pierce....

Love the Richard Martin 1976 Glossy. How does the back look? Those glossy cards are notorious for having chips.

Kevin

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2023 9:30PM

Beautiful Marinos. In the past, I'd say the right one has a shot at a 10 if those aren't print spots. In today's grading...

PSA 6 chaz