Home Sports Talk

Let's talk about our "Jimmy the Greek specials"

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

Holy big boy bet!

Please hit this 🍀💯🥇

taking a stab at getting out of the hole before the football season commences. if i come up empty the hole i'm in will turn black lol

Im has largely been brilliant in non-major tournies since April, and he's placed 12th and 6th the past two years in this particular tournament. but you and i both know that bets are never won on paper -- he's gotta execute this one time for me

if he doesn't, you'll be seeing lots of minus signs from me in coming months (years?)

I'm rooting for you as you can imagine

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2024 4:31PM

Had a little luck last week. My plays finished 1st (Rai), and 6th and 7th. Collected on all 3. No splits in the payoff. All plays were for top 20. Second week in a row had a player to win, but only play for top 20. Am satisfied. Result was almost 4x my bet. Rai was 30-1 win odds.
    Staying with 3 top 20 plays this week as well, despite shorter field of 70. Theegala,Tom Kim,Taylor Moore.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's getting dark

Sungjae has done little thru 36

need a quasi-miracle over the weekend

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    it's getting dark

Sungjae has done little thru 36

need a quasi-miracle over the weekend

Tough loss for you. Was hoping he would of rallied over the last 2 days. I did not do well either. All 3 of my plays tanked. Was due for a loss after 2 good weeks in a row. Funny, my 3 plays that I won with last week all cracked the top 20 this week. But usually I don't follow up the next week with my winning plays after collecting the week before on them.
    Matsuyama was something after blowing a large lead to come back to win. Seems on Sunday you never know what will happen. Was an exciting finish.
    On to next week with the field of 50.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
    edited August 18, 2024 5:57PM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Tough loss for you. Was hoping he would of rallied over the last 2 days. I did not do well either. All 3 of my plays tanked. Was due for a loss after 2 good weeks in a row. Funny, my 3 plays that I won with last week all cracked the top 20 this week. But usually I don't follow up the next week with my winning plays after collecting the week before on them.
    Matsuyama was something after blowing a large lead to come back to win. Seems on Sunday you never know what will happen. Was an exciting finish.

i'm not sure i could pick a top-20 guy in a field of 19

silver lining is that my book offers a weekly and monthly cash boost with no rollover, so i should get enough back on Monday to turn around and give right back to them

Rory and Jordan played well..........they were kissing each other one spot above DFL

just never know

@galaxy27 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

i'm not sure i could pick a top-20 guy in a field of 19

silver lining is that my book offers a weekly and monthly cash boost with no rollover, so i should get enough back on Monday to turn around and give right back to them

Rory and Jordan played well..........they were kissing each other one spot above DFL

just never know

Sorry bro

Branching out the play just a tad for the BMW tournament this week. Competition tightening up with the field down to 50.
    Xander for the win, Zalatoris top 10, Bezundehout and Theegala for top 20. Last 2 as savers to cushion any losses with the top 2 plays.

good luck blue. you didn't pick anyone I did, and that's probably a very good thing lol

@galaxy27 said:
    good luck blue. you didn't pick anyone I did, and that's probably a very good thing lol

Right back at ya with the good luck.

LETS GO @galaxy27

I want to see a shovel. in hand digging out of that damn hole!!!

LETS GO!!! 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀💯💯💯🍻🍻🍻

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited August 22, 2024 4:42PM

Finally hit a baseball bet, just messing around on Draft Kings

I saw a 50 dollar match deposit so put it all on the Yankees and made out winning a $100, puts me at up or down $20 since I occasionally throw $20 on a game out of boredom

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2024 3:41PM

Disregard

And so it begins College is back!!!

Lol

I had Florida State as the first game in a 25 legger and a second 21 legger, also. I guess it's good to lose right off rather than sweat it out to the end.

I have been doing really well of late with 3 leg MLB parlays, though.

@countdouglas said:
    Lol

I had Florida State as the first game in a 25 legger and a second 21 legger, also. I guess it's good to lose right off rather than sweat it out to the end.

I have been doing really well of late with 3 leg MLB parlays, though.

Montana State beating New Mexico was crazy, both underdogs pulled it off in the early games

Congratulations to Keegan Bradley winning the BMW. Opened at 80-1 odds. Is our Ryder Cup captain.
    As for my plays zeroed once again. My win play finished in the top 10. Top 10 play finished in the top 20. Other 2 failed as well.

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

As for my plays zeroed once again. My win play finished in the top 10. Top 10 play finished in the top 20. Other 2 failed as well.

same. Wyndham was in position to limit the damage this week, but of course he played his last 4 holes 3-over. i'm of the mindset that every bet i place right now is going to somehow, someway miss the mark.

Yes, you get in a rut and negativity starts to rear it's ugly head.
    Far as Clark goes you almost wish he was out of it earlier so as not to tease you at the end.
    Least you had a great trip with your Dad.

don't ask

@galaxy27 said:
    don't ask

Ok but don't ask me about this 😂😂😂

@perkdog

bro let's kill it this football season

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog

bro let's kill it this football season

Let's do it!! 💯🙌🍻🍀

edited August 28, 2024 9:36PM

i follow golf intently all season long and can't pick a winner to save my life, then i lose my mind and try a don't ask tennis bet and of course it hits by half a game

so naturally i go right back to the sport i know the best but lose the most on lol

the little voice in my head says that if i don't take Scheffler he's going to win, and if i drop some coin on him he won't. i'd love to choke out that little voice. i ultimately decided to take X-man and 4 dudes with juicy odds. can a brother catch lightning in a freaking bottle for once?

if not, don't ask tennis bets come to daddy 😅

Nothing fancy for me. Playing it safe(?). Win bets on Scottie and Xander. Top 5 plays:Cantlay,Im.

@galaxy27 said:

the little voice in my head says that if i don't take Scheffler he's going to win

the lead has ballooned to 7 after round 1

fml

edited August 29, 2024 5:56PM

@galaxy27 said:

@galaxy27 said:

the little voice in my head says that if i don't take Scheffler he's going to win

the lead has ballooned to 7 after round 1

fml

He threw out the anchor last week. Got that out of the way last week. So far a good bounce back.

Mahomes' alma mater vs mine? and i'm gonna be there? well duh, of course i've gotta do this

my book waited until this morning to put out the "extra" college games, and i was hoping for a bigger number. when i googled the line days ago i found it as high as 33. but i'll take 4 touchdowns and a field goal.

go Cats!

-2059.29 pending 4 golf bets that are all but dead

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick with Abilene Christian. Glad you played the spread.

If I would have bet $115 moneyline on Abilene Christian in that game, right now my computer screen would be laying in the driveway from being thrown out the window, and for good measure I'd run over it with my car. 😆

edited September 1, 2024 11:31AM

@stevek said:

If I would have bet $115 moneyline on Abilene Christian in that game, right now my computer screen would be laying in the driveway from being thrown out the window, and for good measure I'd run over it with my car. 😆

it was a gut-wrenching loss. we had three cracks inside the 5 (two at the end of regulation and the 2-pt conversion attempt in OT) for the biggest win in school history, but we couldn't finish Tech off.

on one of the plays at the end of regulation the HC dialed up the perfect play call that should have won the game -- a kid went in motion and immediately broke free from his defender after the snap, but the QB underthrew the pass and it gave the d-back time to recover and break up the pass. i recorded that play and have watched it a handful of times since last night, and it has felt like i was being stabbed in the chest because the ACU receiver was wide open in the end zone.

the line was so monstrous that my book didn't have a ML. even if it had, I never would have dropped a dime on them to win. never in my wildest dreams did i think that game would play out that way, especially when we were down 15-0 before anyone could blink.

so proud of those kids but i feel terrible for them. and to add injury to insult, a drunk 19-yr-old slammed into one of the ACU team buses and injured a handful of coaches and players after the game.

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

it was a gut-wrenching loss. we had three cracks inside the 5 (two at the end of regulation and the 2-pt conversion attempt in OT) for the biggest win in school history, but we couldn't finish Tech off.

on one of the plays at the end of regulation the HC dialed up the perfect play call that should have won the game -- a kid went in motion and immediately broke free from his defender after the snap, but the QB underthrew the pass and it gave the d-back time to recover and break up the pass. i recorded that play and have watched it a handful of times since last night, and it has felt like i was being stabbed in the chest because the ACU receiver was wide open in the end zone.

the line was so monstrous that my book didn't have a ML. even if it had, I never would have dropped a dime on them to win. never in my wildest dreams did i think that game would play out that way, especially when we were down 15-0 before anyone could blink.

so proud of those kids but i feel terrible for them. and to add injury to insult, a drunk 19-yr-old slammed into one of the ACU team buses and injured a handful of coaches and players after the game.

Geez - I hope the coaches and players are okay. Dam drunk drivers.

Your team played their hearts out, just fell painfully short. But that was one helluva effort, especially for a 31 point dog. 👍

Congratulations to Scottie on the win. Pocketed $25 million.
    Hit on Scottie, but came up short on Im by 1 for a top 5 win. Im was 27.50 for $5 with a top 5 finish. Least won 1/2 my play $ back. Xander to win came up short. Cantlay never in it.
    On to the NFL.

Missouri residents will finally get a chance this November to vote on legalizing sports betting. Until then, I must travel to one of the adjoining states where it is already legal. Today was my last foray into Kansas until the weekend, so I got in on a 2 leg parlay with a 50% profit boost promo. I didn't read the fine print until afterwards, but the boost was capped on a $5 max wager, so if I understand it correctly after the fact, only the winnings on the first $5 of my $9.30 bet gets boosted by 50%. Oh well, a win is a win. Easy money...

And here we go

@countdougIas Hope they pass the vote on gambling

@perkdog said:

And here we go

get it homie!

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

And here we go

get it homie!

You too Brother 🍻

the road to recovery starts........now

👻

@galaxy27 said:
    the road to recovery starts........now

👻

Go Get 'Em!!!!! 🍀🙌💯🍻

don't ask

Making my initial contribution,and one of many, to the gamblers retirement fund 😉. KC ML,GB +1.5,Bills ML. Not finalized Sunday play. Best of luck for the season to all involved.👍

That was quick. Got my first loss,GB, out of the way early.

Caught a little positive money the first 2 games

Got some College action going today which I will report back as well as some NFL tomorrow.

Good luck to all 🍀💯🍻

I didn't think about it at the time. But Saquon Barkley scoring a touchdown in last night's game, would have made for a great prop bet, unless the odds were ridiculously low.

Saquon certainly wanted to impress his new team in his first game with the Eagles, and he most definitely did that, scoring three touchdowns.

Might be some juice left in the same prop bet for the Eagles second game. Of course the problem is now the bettors will see that angle off the first game, and might over bet it in the second game to the point of the odds being much less than what it should really be. The bookies may do the same if offering it. Initially starting the odds so low, that realistically it would make for a very poor bet.

@stevek said:
    I didn't think about it at the time. But Saquon Barkley scoring a touchdown in last night's game, would have made for a great prop bet, unless the odds were ridiculously low.

Saquon certainly wanted to impress his new team in his first game with the Eagles, and he most definitely did that, scoring three touchdowns.

Might be some juice left in the same prop bet for the Eagles second game. Of course the problem is now the bettors will see that angle off the first game, and might over bet it in the second game to the point of the odds being much less than what it should really be. The bookies may do the same if offering it. Initially starting the odds so low, that realistically it would make for a very poor bet.

Eh he was like -115 or -120

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

So it seems they did see the angle ahead of time.

Turned out to be a license to print money the way he played.

edited September 7, 2024 8:25AM

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

So it seems they did see the angle ahead of time.

Turned out to be a license to print money the way he played.

The money was for first TD at +550

2TD's plus was probably around +650 maybe? can't quite remember

Its always in hindsight when betting first TD of game, obviously a dart throw but I like some that get to the +1400 number

I figured Hurts was a solid play for the odds I got, he had so many first TD's last year it was crazy, I wasn't sure how well Barkley would be or the Eagles offense for that matter

good luck with your wagers fellas 🤟

@galaxy27 said:
    good luck with your wagers fellas 🤟

With you on those games bro, I don't have Nebraska but got ND and OK

Let's get it!

Well we certainly know what the insanely ridiculous upset was going to be for the week

Destroyed a nice 125 dollar Parlay for me