Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Interesting eBay transaction - 13 year return privilege? ANOTHER UPDATE

123457»

Comments

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a couple irrational returns recently. One was a large cent that had the inventory sticker of the dealer who bought it several weeks ago and looked to have been dipped. It was low enough value not to get too upset. The other was a certified MS60 Morgan dollar which was clearly Unc. and properly graded but it had a lot of chatter in keeping with the grade. Very strange that the guy had left me feedback "Better than expected" then returns it as an "Item not as described" saying the pictures were not good enough.

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a vornado fan in the 90's (year not temerature) with a lifetime guarantee. I guess they never thought I would live as long? Anyway, almost 30 years later, the fan stpped working. Sent it back, Vornado fixed it, returned it to me as good as new.

That is custiomer service.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear ghu, won't this thread die???

I know: VaultBox

Let the hordes return

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:
    Bumping this just because I don't think we ever heard the outcome...

@DeplorableDan said:
    Wow, this is the first time I've seen this thread. After getting caught up, I really hope this goofball got nothing. I can not believe this was a 6 page discussion.

He refused my compromise offer. I never heard from him again.

Good to know the buyer has a resolution after 13 years :)

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Open ended guarantees may have built the Sears business empire but did not help things as people took advantage. Same thing with LL Bean, I knew cases of people fishing LL Bean tents and other products out of dumpsters and then sending them back to the company for $$$. There is reasonable and taking advantage of others. Standing behind sales is good business practice but you have put your foot down at some point. If a customer contacts a dealer with a reasonable request, something like "money is very tight for me and I'm on the edge, can you help me to liquidate something I bought from you a while back", many would understand. Your case has too many twists and turns to believe the original buyer.

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    Open ended guarantees may have built the Sears business empire but did not help things as people took advantage. Same thing with LL Bean, I knew cases of people fishing LL Bean tents and other products out of dumpsters and then sending them back to the company for $$$. There is reasonable and taking advantage of others. Standing behind sales is good business practice but you have put your foot down at some point. If a customer contacts a dealer with a reasonable request, something like "money is very tight for me and I'm on the edge, can you help me to liquidate something I bought from you a while back", many would understand. Your case has too many twists and turns to believe the original buyer.

I don't know any co's in today's world who are still issuing open ended guarantees. Relic of the past?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file