Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

World Coins: follow the leader by THEME game

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have bees, either, though it's a good theme.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

@Sergey74 said:
    It's 90 grams 1000 cash 1853

Next coin the first issue of new government.

That is a wonderful large cash coin! I'll bet it is a pleasure to hold.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Sergey74Sergey74 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@Sergey74 said:
    It's 90 grams 1000 cash 1853

Next coin the first issue of new government.

That is a wonderful large cash coin! I'll bet it is a pleasure to hold.

Yes, you will smile and laugh like a child holding this in your hand. If someone think that i have kid's hand ( own or separate) ...

If to be serious in that time in Chine was the civil war with 35+ millions of victims. This big coins issued by Tsing government for army expenses. But don't worry about it, you will know it and hold in hands it with smile because it's big.

Peace.

• Options
    IVBIVB Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

@Sergey74 said:
    So i don't have the coins with bees but have some coins of shot down emperors...

Let's continue with your theme: shot down emperors.

• Options

Julian the Apostate died in battle.

Next: other rulers who died in battle or were executed.

• Options

The next coin with national hero. It seems good theme...

Peace.

• Options
    edited April 1, 2023 6:12AM

Mexico, Miguel Hidalgo (poster from one of my YouTube videos).

Next: more symbols of Mexican Independence...

• Options

Ok. new theme: faces of African Liberty.

• Options
    edited April 8, 2023 8:11PM

African liberty. As its name implies, the nation of Liberia was founded upon the ideal of Liberty (for freed American slaves). Here is Lady Liberty on a proof striking of Liberia’s first coin type, the 1847 cent.

Next: another first (or early) issue from a then-new nation.

• Options

First (and the only) issue of coins of a single year of the Republic of Biafra.
    Republic of Biafra was a partially recognised secessionist state in West Africa that declared independence from Nigeria and existed from 1967 until 1970. Its territory consisted of the predominantly Igbo-populated Eastern Region of Nigeria.

Next: other examples of commodity money on coins.

• Options

Commodity money on coins.

Congo: gold 5 francs, 1961, featuring a Katanga cross ingot.

Not my coin- but I want one.

Next: more postcolonial Africa (extra credit if it has bananas on it!)

• Options

OK, here. LOL.

Post colonial Africa, with bananas.

Next: cows or cattle.

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bees?

• Options

Bees are a cool theme, but they aren’t cattle! You need some “moo” before you can make us go “bzz”. ;)

• Options

Guernsey 3 pence.

Next: more domestic animals.

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Wooden nickels, nice! Frank, since you posted the non-metal coins, you get to declare the next theme for others to respond to. Anything that you like.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2023 10:17PM

I’ll continue the nonmetallic coin theme with the smaller coin in this photo (a porcelain notgeld piece from Saxony).

(By the way, both that and the Venezuelan coin are up for grabs in my latest giveaway.)

Next theme: grapes.

• Options

Austria 2 schilling

Next: hammer and sickle.

• Options
    edited April 14, 2023 12:37PM

Here is...

Next coin with portrait man who was the first president and the last imperor (for our days) in the same country. Do you know him?

Peace.

• Options

Napoleon III

Next: portrait with a laurel wreath.

• Options

Here is...

Next coin with bad man's portrait. Nero already was.

Peace.

• Options

King John of England was widely considered to be a bad man. So much so that there has never been another King John for the British, and never will be.

This silver penny, struck circa 1213-1215, was unearthed in a large medieval hoard found at Gisors in Normandy in 1970.

Next, another hoard, treasure, or shipwreck coin with a known pedigree.

• Options

Ok, i have one. It was found like treasure in Crimea near 4 years ago with many another leventhalers. The oldest coin was near 1625.

The next coin with beautiful woman.

Peace.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2023 1:46PM

Ohh... The most expensive coins i sold 2 months ago for 11,5k$ and 10,5k$ another:

Oh, I'll go to cry so i don't have it.
    Early dollar US is my dream, the time of great men but now i don't try to buy it, maybe later... And Hong Kong dollar 1867 is in my wishlist and some another coins.
    Ps. Don't choose another theme because I don't show what i have today.

Peace.

• Options

Hare

Next: more Ireland.

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 17th century Dublin penny token Richard Cooke of Dvbline, marchant. Williamson 301

Next: a Unicorn

• Options

Trees.

Keep the trees theme going. I like it.

• Options

Cab-cab-cab-caballito

The next coin with the quote from speech or aphorism. Maybe somebody understand what the coin i mean with the speech's quote (USA, silver).

Peace.

• Options
    edited April 28, 2023 7:50AM

So... Lincoln's speech in Gettinsberg, 1863.

I would have something like "the government of the people, by the people, for the people" in my country.
    The next coin with woman with torch. Not caballito, not US coin. If it's very difficult another coin with the torch.

Peace.

• Options

@Sergey74 said:
    The next coin with woman with torch. Not caballito, not US coin.

Here is a French jeton, circa 1740. Aurora, goddess of the Dawn, holding a torch and riding in her cloud chariot.

Next, another jeton, French or otherwise.

• Options

Bob13, one of the things what you are looking and thinking "wtf", "what did they mean???".

The next coin with any weapon.

Peace.

• Options

Weapon.

France (Duchy of Lorraine): silver "sword" type demi-gros of Antoine the Good, ca. 1508-1544

Next, more swords.

• Options

Really it's very easy.

All republican style is the reference to antiquity

So...

The next coin issued by ruler who killed another ruler the same country. If it's very difficult the coin issued by ruler killed by his lover's brother. Oh, i know one man for this two conditions...

Peace.

• Options

It was about general Melgarejo.

The next with flowers.

Peace.

• Options

Flowers.

__

Next, more proof gold.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

One I said good bye to recently--a matte proof :smiley:

How about a more traditional shiny proof next.

• Options

Shiny proof gold from Nepal, featuring Buddha.

Next, some other kind of religious figure.

• Options
    jdmernjdmern Posts: 290 ✭✭✭

1768 Malta John the Baptist 30 Tari

Next, a depiction of someone mentioned in the Bible

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options

1495 goldgulden from Frankfurt, also portraying John the Baptist, I believe.

Next: another coin from before 1550 that actually has the date on the coin.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

St. Philip. Coin struck in Brabant. Should read II-144, not II-170. I hope I
    did this right.

• Options

@Tibor - you get to choose the next theme! (Or ask us to continue the current one, which is pre-1550 dated coins.)