Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FUN Cancellation List

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 4, 2022 9:54PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The following is a list of dealers that have cancelled their attendance at FUN 2022.

http://www.funtopics.com/

I started in the Flight cancellation thread, but is useful enough that we should have a separate thread to make it easier to find. Thanks for the suggestions and updates! I'll continue to maintain the same list in the other thread as well.

Let's keep this list up to date so everyone knows who to expect and look for at the show :+1:

1. ANA: no intermediate grading course
  2. BankNotes of the World
  3. Brad Rodgers of Numismatic Emporium Inc.
  4. CDN Publishing
  5. Coin and Bullion Reserve
  6. Doug Winter
  7. Eagle Eye Rare Coins (Rick Snow)
  8. Fred Weinberg
  9. Harlan J. Berk (Aaron Berk and others)
  10. Harry Laibstain Rare Coins (HLRC)
  11. Heritage: Lot viewing but no auctions
  12. Joe O Connor
  13. JRCS
  14. Julian Leidman
  15. Kevin Lipton
  16. Legend Numismatics (Legend Numismatics cancelled, Legend Auctions is still going)
  17. Lighthouse Publications
  18. London Coin Wholesalers
  19. Mike Byers
  20. NGC / PMG: no Registry cocktail hour
  21. NSDR: no banquet
  22. Paradime Coins
  23. PCGS: no on-site grading, no cocktail party
  24. Pocket Change
  25. Popjoy Mint
  26. Robert Harlow
  27. Select Rarities
  28. Sheridan Downey
  29. Silicon Valley Coins
  30. Tampa Bay Gold and Silver Corp
  31. U.S. Mint
  32. Witter Coins (Seth Chandler and staff)
  33. Your Personal Goldsmith
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JohnFJohnF Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭
    1. CDN Publishing
    John Feigenbaum
    Whitman Brands: President/CEO (www.greysheet.com; www.whitman.com)
    PNG: Executive Director (www.pngdealers.org)
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

The latest strain is highly transmittable, and the only thing that prevents it is to have no contact with someone who may have it. For some, there are just too many contacts with the unknown when you have to travel to a show like this (airports, planes, hotels and the convention itself). There is also the factor of your own health situation that you base your decisions on.

I had covid last month. I work at home and have very little contact with people, but I got it somewhere. Naturally, I gave it to my wife, who does have contact with people (so we figured it would be the other way).

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how many dealers were scheduled to attend?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Not sure of the number, but it was probably going to be the largest coin show ever in the US.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has me thinking, Long Beach is just a month after FUN.........

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden said:

@PerryHall said:

Not sure of the number, but it was probably going to be the largest coin show ever in the US.

Probably still will be if they don’t shut it down. Relatively low # canceled so far considering the negative chatter.

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options

@Pnies20 said:

@golden said:

@PerryHall said:

Probably still will be if they don’t shut it down. Relatively low # canceled so far considering the negative chatter.

I was just curious what percentage of dealers cancelled.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I just got an email from NEN stating they will be setting up at FUN.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@Pnies20 said:

@golden said:

@PerryHall said:

I was just curious what percentage of dealers cancelled.

Well there’s 49 pages of dealers on the bourse list and around a dozen canceled so seems like a low number for now!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pnies20 said:

@golden said:

@PerryHall said:

I'm not sure anyone is tracking the smaller dealers.

• Options

Won't FUN be providing a list of participants?

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually, coin shows don't say anything. ANA didn't for WfoM although you could figure it out by looking at the unused tables AND reading the list of new table #s.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say "HA, no auctions", does that mean no auction preview as well??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    When you say "HA, no auctions", does that mean no auction preview as well??

HA is going to have lot viewing at FUN

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is for tracking who isn't going to FUN, not for posting your opinions about Covid and related topics. Please don't give the mods any reason to close it down.

Well, that lasted a long time ......... :o

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Pnies20 said:

@golden said:

@PerryHall said:

I care about the small dealers 😢

• Options
    ByersByers Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RYK said:

“The Platinum Night coins have not been vaxed and are staying home.”

Maybe expensive slabs need to be sanitized in the UV Phone Sanitizer Box, which kills up to 99.9% of Bacteria & Viruses😉

mikebyers.com Dealer in Major Mint Errors, Die Trials & Patterns - Author of NLG Best World Coin Book World's Greatest Mint Errors - Publisher & Editor of minterrornews.com.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2021 8:15PM

@Byers said:
    @RYK said:

Maybe expensive slabs need to be sanitized in the UV Phone Sanitizer Box, which kills up to 99.9% of Bacteria & Viruses😉

That could be useful before handling the coins.

I'm guessing no harm would be done to the coin or slab?

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Byers said:
    @RYK said:

Yeah, but it's that .1% that'll kill ya.

peacockcoins

• Options

@Pnies20 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Pnies20 said:

@golden said:

@PerryHall said:

I care about the small dealers 😢

I'm just saying that there is no way to know if they are coming or not. They don't have large websites or are likely to issue proclamations.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnF said:
    14. CDN Publishing

See no. 3 above.

thefinn
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@Byers said:
    @RYK said:

That could be useful before handling the coins.

I'm guessing no harm would be done to the coin or slab?

The latest in artificial toning technology!

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

@thefinn said:

@JohnF said:
    14. CDN Publishing

See no. 3 above.

He's all good. This is a dynamic, changing list. I added CDN after his post! :+1:

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJunkie said:
    Hey Folks,

This thread is for tracking who isn't going to FUN, not for posting your opinions about Covid and related topics. Please don't give the mods any reason to close it down.

Those that have cancelled are giving their opinions about Covid... Sars COV2.

thefinn
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2021 9:33PM

@thefinn said:

@CoinJunkie said:
    Hey Folks,

I don't think cancelling by itself is an opinion about Covid. There could be many reasons for cancelling, including the current travel situation.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thefinn said:

@CoinJunkie said:
    Hey Folks,

In your mind, anyway. The difference is they aren't violating forum policy in the process. I'm hereby done posting to this thread. If people want to disregard common sense/courtesy and get it shut down, I really don't care. I was never planning to attend FUN in the first place.

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    The following is a list of dealers that have cancelled their attendance at FUN 2022.

http://www.funtopics.com/

I started in the Flight cancellation thread, but is useful enough that we should have a separate thread to make it easier to find. Thanks for the suggestions and updates! I'll continue to maintain the same list in the other thread as well.

Let's keep this list up to date so everyone knows who to expect and look for at the show :+1:

Partial Cancellations

1. PCGS: no on-site grading, no cocktail party
    2. Heritage: no auctions, no Platinum Night coin viewing
    3. ANA: no intermediate grading course
    4. NSDR: no banquet

Full Cancellations

1. U.S. Mint
    2. Brad Rodgers of Numismatic Emporium Inc.
    3. CDN Publishing
    4. Doug Winter
    5. Eagle Eye Rare Coins (Rick Snow)
    6. Fred Weinberg
    7. Harlan J Berk (Aaron Berk and others)
    8. Harry Laibstain
    9. Julian Leidman
    10. Kevin Lipton
    11. London Coin Wholesalers
    12. Mike Byers
    13. Sheridan Downey
    14. Tampa Bay Gold and Silver Corp
    15. Witter Coins (Seth Chandler and staff)

Why not make this your new full time job and alphabetize your list? 🤡

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oreville said -"Why not make this your new full time job and alphabetize your list?"

The thought puts me in mind of a new hire at my company a few years ago.
    She had been asked to put files away and organize the file cabinet.

I was looking for a file the next day and I noticed the whole file cabinet was out of order. When I asked why aren't the files alphabetized she replied "I did. Look, the A's are with the A's the B's are with the B's."

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Newsflash:
    ALL fun is canceled until further notice!
    The coin show can proceed, just without any fun. At all.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    SSRSSR Posts: 235 ✭✭✭✭
    1. Paradime Coins

www.paradimecoins.com - Specializing in Top Pop Type PCGS CAC coins. Subscribe To Our NEWPs Mailing List

• Options
    edited December 31, 2021 4:00AM

@Swampboy said:
    @oreville said -"Why not make this your new full time job and alphabetize your list?"

The thought puts me in mind of a new hire at my company a few years ago.
    She had been asked to put files away and organize the file cabinet.

I was looking for a file the next day and I noticed the whole file cabinet was out of order. When I asked why aren't the files alphabetized she replied "I did. Look, the A's are with the A's the B's are with the B's."

@oreville @Swampboy This is a group effort and everyone can contribute! People are reporting additions for the list and you can help too! You've both been deputized to improve this list!

Please assist us with your alphabetization skills! Make suggestions and I'll implement them!

• Options

Based on how short this list is, I would guess that at least 90% of the dealers will be there.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope the show will not be cancelled. I expected some cancellations, between the travel situation (flight cancellations) and excessive fear mongering. Still should be a good show.... We continue to have gun shows (big one next weekend) and I continue to work with the public several days a week. Be cautious, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RYK said:

@PerryHall said:
    Based on how short this list is, I would guess that at least 90% of the dealers will be there.

And 5% the market cap. Lots of heavy hitters holding back.

Exactly. Quality, not quantity.

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Presumably we only have data from the major dealers who communicate with the folks on this forum. Given how divided the country is over COVID in general though, I would guess at least 50% will show up.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

FUN website says over 1500 dealers registered - it will still be a great show. However, having heavy hitters like an active Ha auction, US Mint, CDN, NGC and PCGS fully active, adds to the overall buzz. I will be curious to hear attendee reports about how it feels with keys missing.........

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@CoinJunkie said:

@thefinn said:

@CoinJunkie said:
    Hey Folks,

In your mind, anyway. The difference is they aren't violating forum policy in the process. I'm hereby done posting to this thread. If people want to disregard common sense/courtesy and get it shut down, I really don't care. I was never planning to attend FUN in the first place.

Should we add you to the list? ;)

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does CDN not being at a show affect anything to do with a show??? I can't think of a thing myself!

@spacehayduke said:
    FUN website says over 1500 dealers registered - it will still be a great show. However, having heavy hitters like an active Ha auction, US Mint, CDN, NGC and PCGS fully active, adds to the overall buzz. I will be curious to hear attendee reports about how it feels with keys missing.........

Best, SH

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    How does CDN not being at a show affect anything to do with a show??? I can't think of a thing myself!

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

Or the US Mint.

• Options

@golden said:

@amwldcoin said:

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

Or the US Mint.

Doesn't the US Mint sell proof sets, mint sets, current commemorate coins, etc?

This discussion has been closed.